Post of the Month - January 2017 (Part 1)

Started by Kirok, January 30, 2017, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

This has been a very productive month!

As we mentioned before, this is our 10th year anniversary month.

We passed our the fleet awards and saw some our veteran player return!

So, as part of the 10th year anniversary we are going to mark the occasion with not one, but two POTM awards!

The first award goes to a player who recently joined Shadow Fleet and had already impressed his Commanding Officer with his writing.  Here is a sample of it and one of the winners this month:

Quote from: Octavius Reo on January 11, 2017, 05:00:04 PM

[Mod A]

Octavius felt a bit of a relief when Captain Briggs backed up his request that Captain Stafford leave the area. Ideally, Tav would have them both leave, and he said so even though he doubted Captain Briggs would listen to him. "You should go too, sir. Better safe than sorry."

That being said, he looked to Lieutenant DeGroat. A few minutes of conference resulted in him being the one closest to the door when it came time to open it. The science crew would hang back and run their scans as he went inside. If there was something to be fixed, it would be engineering's job, and they could scan just as easily from the doorway until they knew if it was safe or not.

The door grated softly as it slid open, and immediately Octavius noticed a change in the air. The room itself had a decontamination airlock at the other end, and he moved to the control panel first. Calling back to the science crew, he said "The outer lock is still functioning, and fully closed." Before opening it, he scanned the front of the room with his tri-corder to confirm his suspicions. Yes, the particles definitely seemed to be originating from beyond the airlock.

With the length of the room between him and the science crew, Octavius felt safe enough to open the station side airlock door. Perhaps he should have thought to open the outer one first to effectively 'air out' the room, but that did not occur to him until after he was enveloped in a flash of light.

[Starfleet Academy - Three Years Ago]

The first thing Octavius noticed was a sharp pain at the bottom of his rib cage, and he jolted awake. It was very disorienting to see a nearly empty Academy classroom laid out before him instead of the airlock he had been facing moments ago. His head whipped to the side to seek out the source of his pain, and was further surprised to see a beautiful young Orion female grinning at him mischievously.

"You passed out in class again, Octavius," she pointed out sweetly. Of all of his old friends, Tevnaa was the only one who insisted on calling him by his full standard name. She likely would call him by his Serosian name if he had ever told her it. Octavius smiled as he replied, "And I must be dreaming because it's been ages since we were here."

A dark green eyebrow arched delicately in question. "This class is only an hour long, Octavius." He fought the confusion that threatened to show on his face. Whatever was going on was not... Wait. The Chroniton particles. A Serosian epithet crossed his mind as he realized; he must have been brought back to the past. "Come, sleepy head. You said you would take me to lunch today," Tevnaa reminded him as she reached out to pull him from his chair. With her strength and his light weight, it was easier than it ought to have been. "You can tell me all about your dreams along the way," she nearly purred as she wound both of her arms around one of his.

It was bizarre. On the one hand, he was reliving a date he had gone on years ago, but on the other he could remember everything that had happened. Curious, Octavius changed a couple of things. For example, the first time he had lived through this day he had talked Tevnaa into going out to dinner with him as well. Things had progressed the way they naturally did with two beings of their demeanor, and they had ended up spending the night together. Of course in the morning, Tevnaa had reiterated the fact that she was not looking for a permanent relationship. He had known it was coming but it still sucked to hear out loud. Nothing had changed.

This time, he amped up the charm a bit. Dressed nicer, brought her flowers, things like that. Still, the same conversation came. This time it happened before the night was through and Octavius resigned himself in the knowledge that no one could change their past. This time around he did not let himself fall asleep in her room. It was probably a good thing because as he was making his way back to his own dorm, there was another flash of light and he had re-emerged back on the starbase; somewhat disheartened, but at least in one piece.

Please help me congratulate Octavius for a great job!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Hust Kinun

Ex-Starfleet Lawyer (Disgraced)
Alt of Dylan Torngate.

Leonard T. Scott

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Sevoc

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Kyan Mackenzie

James A. Hawke

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kyle Briggs

Kira Wyman

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Kinley Garrison

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Jettis Jyur

Congrats! Well done on the writing, it was a captivating read.

Alexander Wu

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Jada

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Octavius Reo

Wow, thanks everyone. :D When I first heard the news it was great but realizing it was for like the whole site and not just the Columbus I'm kind of in shock. XD We have such good talent here, so thank you very much for choosing me. <3 I'll do my best to continue to improve frequency and not let you guys down. ^_^

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.