Author Topic: Star trek Discovery CBS  (Read 17432 times)

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Star trek Discovery CBS
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:31 am »
To bad NETFLIX has it. I be you they have a team that could done it on time. I mean I am amaze the things have on NETFLIX.

I love Midnight Night Diner Tokyo stories. Each episode they have a new story and same back up characters. It is the MOST sweet story I ever saw. It's all in Japanese but Subtext helps you read it. I watched it over and over.

They did amazing job with Voltron.

They did amazing on FULLER HOUSE. I literally try to set my mind to hate the second series but I failed. I was so impress with Netflix I depend them for my entertainment.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 03:49:51 am »
OH COME ON!

But the good thing. We creative role players can keep ourselves entertain by doing our own stories. Imagine we had no writing games. I will go crazy!

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 08:21:14 pm »

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 09:14:10 pm »
Looks like Discovery got delayed again. This time it's indefinite though.
http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2017/01/star-trek-discovery-gets-stuck-in-spacedock-for-at-least-a-little-longer/

I can confirm that this show is in active production and is currently being filmed. Some of the reasons why it's been delayed has to do with differing ideas from the producers and rewrites of scenes/set designs. They only finalized and finished building a few of main sets in December, so there's alot of work still to be done.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 09:25:32 pm »
It is without doubt that the production of Discovery has been a long, interminable train wreck.  The show has faced setbacks at every turn, and has become a repeated embarrassment to CBS.  Their prized hunting Falcon has become an Albatross for the launching of their paid online streaming service.  (A service I subscribed to when Discovery was announced, in a gesture of support for their efforts.)  They have been forced to explain themselves time and again to stockholders.

It would be hard to identify a more flawed and problem-ridden Trek series launch.   I don't think that even Phase II encountered so many difficulties.

However, as I read about the perpetual stream of problems, I try to remind myself that in the myths and legends of many cultures, the Hero is often the product of a terrible, painful birth.

And so I hold out hope...
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 10:21:29 pm »
It does seem to be having its troubles getting off the ground, but, it's potentially because they are trying to get it right. Naive beyond words I know, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once and awhile.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 08:46:54 am »
Hey,

Does anyone know the latest on the show?

Has it started airing episodes?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »
September 24 for first episode in US
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 05:42:14 pm »
Wait its coming on Netflix in Britian? Hopefully it comes on Netflix for Australia too.

Offline Kira Wyman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 06:12:49 pm »
Wait its coming on Netflix in Britian? Hopefully it comes on Netflix for Australia too.

Are all of the other star trek series on the Australian Netflix? If they are I don't see why they wouldn't!

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 09:13:20 pm »
Are all of the other star trek series on the Australian Netflix? If they are I don't see why they wouldn't!
It'll be on Netflix for every other country but the U.S., where we will have to pay CBS the same rate as Netflix for their own streaming service. It's a hustle. <<

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Klizh

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 09:30:23 pm »
Y'know, I finally put my finger on WHY the trailers for Star Trek Discovery turn me off. Because, despite the show's name, the trailers have nothing to do with DISCOVERY. 100% of the content they've shown us is about... WAR. There's no spirit of adventure or exploration in these trailers. No OPTIMISM. And while, yes, there have been lots of wars in previous Star Trek series... that's not what they've been about. Not even DS9.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 10:09:54 pm »
Y'know, I finally put my finger on WHY the trailers for Star Trek Discovery turn me off. Because, despite the show's name, the trailers have nothing to do with DISCOVERY. 100% of the content they've shown us is about... WAR. There's no spirit of adventure or exploration in these trailers. No OPTIMISM. And while, yes, there have been lots of wars in previous Star Trek series... that's not what they've been about. Not even DS9.

One of the major plots that Star Trek Discovery will be based upon is the Federation-Klingon war, so there will certainly be a emphasis on conflict, moreso than any other previous series. The last few seasons of DS9 were also fairly dark in material, and I actually quite enjoyed them. It showed human trial and error, demonstrated our ability to find strength through exposed weakness, very much so apart from the gleaming humanity-on-a-pedestal model which TNG seemed to follow, or the exploration-before-survival storyline that Voyager tended to track towards. It was refreshingly relatable and more realistic, if that term could ever be applied to a show like Star Trek.

Trailers show a very small glimpse of what a movie or show is about, and as a wise man once pointed out, more explosions, better trailer, better trailer, more viewers (cookie to anyone who gets that reference!) I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, at least for a couple episodes.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 01:21:56 am »
It'll be on Netflix for every other country but the U.S., where we will have to pay CBS the same rate as Netflix for their own streaming service. It's a hustle. <<

That really upsets me as I'm already paying for Netflix and I'm not going to pay for CBS just to watch one show. I'll find a way around it if I have to.

What I really can't understand is why they would go about setting it up in such a way. They are only going to upset fans and hurt their viewership, which in turn will make it more likely that it could get canceled, won't be renewed and make it harder for future series in the franchise to be approved.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles