Author Topic: Yearly Server Expenses  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yearly Server Expenses
« on: July 17, 2016, 09:23:20 pm »
Hello all,

I though with the introduction of the new Treasury mod that will make donations more transparent that I also make this topic that details the current server cost in monthly or broken down to monthly cost (might leave it in yearly form now).

ItemDescriptionMonthly Fee

Server Host                

Our server is on a Shared Host by a company called Bluehost                

$ 16.99                

Domains                

Currently we have one domain, hosted by Bluehost until 2019.                

$0.00                

SSL Certificate                

Currently we HAVE SSL Certificate. This improves site security vastly.                

$ 5.99                

Monthly Cost (Current)                

$ 23.00                

Annual Cost                

$276.00                

Note: Any additional funds donated past the goal will be used for following months payments, advertising, upgrades to host, or technical support.

Note 2: There is a discrepancy between the total and the Monthly total. This is to take into account paypal fee's somewhat.

Note 3: Due to the fact that most server software is prepaid on a yearly basis, in June, our finances took a hit in the Summer of 2017. Donations have been updated.

Note 4: Last Updated 12/20/17 with information available at the time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:27:02 pm by Dylan Torngate »
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Monthly Server Expenses
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »
No need to ask for donations. I will handle a month or two. Let me know how.

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Shadow Fleet (Founder)
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 01:01:21 am »
No need to ask for donations. I will handle a month or two. Let me know how.

Hey Luke,

Pretty easy. It's the donation tab on the menu bar and there is more info in the topic, Donation, created by Kirok. Thank you for replying though.
Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Offline Steve Marshall

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • There is screaming in space
  • Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 04:37:03 am »
I would like donate please tell me how this can be accomplished 

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 04:47:39 am »
I would like donate please tell me how this can be accomplished

There's a donation tab right next to the "logout" button. Hit it and then press the button "Make a donation"

Offline Steve Marshall

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • There is screaming in space
  • Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 02:03:56 am »
Cheers James I get onto that

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:27:31 am »
Hello,

Given the recent misfortunes, are there new software or server expenses that we may want to grow consciousness about to inspire a fresh wave of donations?   I heard rumor of there being a paid version of the forum software, for instance, that might be desirable?  Specific fundraising goals often spur a community into action.  I note the costs above have not been updated since the incident.
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 11:49:28 am »
Hello,

Given the recent misfortunes, are there new software or server expenses that we may want to grow consciousness about to inspire a fresh wave of donations?   I heard rumor of there being a paid version of the forum software, for instance, that might be desirable?  Specific fundraising goals often spur a community into action.  I note the costs above have not been updated since the incident.

Solluk,

Thanks for the post.

The old expenses are no longer correct.

We are on a completely different server.

As it stands, I believe we are paid up threw next June/July.

So, there is no immediate need for donations at this time.

But we will keep you all posted as things change.

Most sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 11:54:03 am »
Hey Solluk,

The projected price cost has been updated - We were as a site able to shrink our cost to meet what funds we had left in the site's budget.

The paid software is more specifically the chatbox, but as of now that's not a critical thing.

Currently the site is prepaid for the year- Until mid-June 2018. We are currently around 11 bucks short of being ready for the next year.

Any donations besides that can be used for some upgrades to the server- for example, an SSL certificate or a dedicated IP, which would make our site more reliable, more secure, and better for our search rank in google.

Other donations and updates could include the shoutbox, but as of now the major problems are getting the site back to where it was.

As always, any donations help.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yearly Server Expenses
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 04:11:17 pm »
Update- 12/22/17

Site totals have been updated for the estimated costs for the year, and we have added another way to donate!

Don't have a Paypal? That's OK! You can request to donate via credit card.

To do so, please get in contact with us and we can guide you through the process.
Shadow Fleet

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 07:01:50 pm »
I'll cover Feb's SSL certificate fee if you need it?
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 08:00:17 pm »
Are donations to cover 2018 still needed?

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 12:45:35 am »
Are donations to cover 2018 still needed?

Yes. We are just starting a drive for 2018.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 02:11:14 pm »
Hey Felicity,

I'll be updating the current totals sometime tomorrow.

Cheers!
Shadow Fleet

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »
Totals have been updated with all the information I have at hand.
Shadow Fleet

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles