Kyan Mackenzie - reporting in (15 DEC 2012)

Started by Kyan Mackenzie, December 15, 2012, 05:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

Character Details

Character Name: Kyan Mackenzie
Character Age:  422 (Earth Years)
Character DOB: February 20th 1966
Character Image: http://starshipkorolev.wdfiles.com/local--files/start/KM_Bio.jpg
Character Species: Miran (Miri's Planet)
Character Family: Father (adopted) Samuel Aylward   Mother (Adopted) Juniper Mackenzie
Character Bio:
Three years before Neil Armstrong took his first steps for mankind, Kyan Mackenzie took his first steps on Miri's Planet. The ageless crewman was born ten years before his planet was ravaged by a manufactured virus that killed the adult denizens of that ill fated world and cast it's children into something straight out of a horror movie. Nigh immortal, these children were forced to survive on their own. Their lives after the virus consisted of scraping together enough food to live, telling stories, playing foolies, and avoiding those unfortunate enough to enter puberty and succumb to the effects of the virus.
Kyan was born in what was Ireland. Other than that fact, the boy knows nothing of his life before the virus, or that of his world; both long forgotten in the more than four hundred years since his world ended. What he does remember are the other Onlies, foolies, the big kids' stories, and of course, escaping from the grups with the blue spots. And he remembers the day that the grups in the colored shirts came. In some ways, to hear Kyan tell it, the grups were worse than the zombies. Unlike the disease ridden, home grown grups, these brought something more sinister than the urge to bite him and eat him. These grups brought school, rules, bed times, and other evil inventions that hadn't been seen since the dying times. And one of them had made Miri, for whome their planet was ultimately renamed, turn grup herself!
Things changed after Kirk, Spock, and McCoy came on their starship. After that there were teachers. There were doctors who poked at you. There were other grups who asked questions. LOTS of questions. They wanted to know about everything. They asked about foolies, the old stories, and even they wanted to know about the Onlies' secrets. One of them was nice though. And she said that she was a witch. Having heard about witches from some of the big kids' stories, Kyan was disappointed to learn that she didn't have a hat, or a broom to ride on, but remained interested in her nonetheless, and she him. So much so in fact, that Kyan allowed her to "adopt" him and move away from Miri's Planet (Why it was called that he'll never know, the traitorous grup wanna be!)
They settled of a new planet called Cestus III in 2275. The witch and her husband, a grup named Commander Sam Aylward introduced Kyan to school, and to what they said was a "normal" life. They also introduced him to their religion, which he later learned was why the woman, Juniper, called herself a witch. Apparently there were all sorts of different gods, and she knew all their secrets. She had lots of books about them too, some with pictures. Since there were no zombie creatures to escape from, and since this Juniper lady and Commander Sam had an endless supply of food, Kyan had time to learn about these gods. Mostly he was impressed, especially by their raven god, Morrigu. Morrigu was the Wiccan god of War and Death. Since he pictured himself a warrior too, Kyan read all the books about this particular god and decided that he'd be a wiccan too, like his adopted family.
He was also very interested in space ships and space battles. Since Commander Sam was a tactical officer, He often took Kyan aboard his ship, the USS Hermes, which was named after someone else's god. The Hermes was a destroyer, and being on board, Kyan learned quite alot about Commander Sam's job as it's gunner.  During the ten years that Commander Sam was the Hermes' tactical officer, Kyan went to school and got an education. Because of his childish nature, and impatience for anything that didn't have to do with battles and war, Kyan took a while to acclimate to human life in the Federation, who never seemed to want to get into a proper war with anyone or conquer anything. To someone like Kyan, the Federation was pretty boring.
Grups tend to get old and die though, as is their nature and after fifty years of living with the Mackenzies, Commander Sam died. That left Juniper and Kyan. Of course Juniper was old too, and not too long after Commander Sam shuffled off the mortal coil, his wife followed.  Once again, Kyan was alone. But this time not only were the grups gone, but there weren't any Onlies either. Having graduated from the school, and not being a "real" child, the authorites decided that the ageless boy could chart his own course. So he did. Deciding to honor his adopted family, Kyan applied for Starfleet. Despite his obvious talent and unbridled enthusiasm for all things tactical, the brass grups at Starfleet turned him down.
It was then, in Kyan's oft repeated estimation, their fault when he turned to a life of interstellar piracy and conquest! His honorable aspirations being nixed by the Fleet brass, Kyan decided to sign onto a merchant freighter that ran less than legal cargo. The freighter, owned by an old Ferengi named Dahg was a perfect fit for the Miran. Finding himself suddenly released from the shackles of Federation rules and regulations, Kyan was free to be himself.
Thus, Little Mack Nasty was born. An interstellar pirate of some renown, Mack Nasty was without scruples, He relished his role as the Latinum Lady's gunner. Time and the boy's unbridled love for the pirate life saw him rise to the position of First Mate and the Latinum Lady to top five on the most wanted list. Of course while Dahg was interested in the money, Kyan's love was the thrill of the hunt, the space battles, and the fact that he was once again free of the human grups that would impose their dreaded rules and regulations on him.
The Latinum Lady lasted for almost forty years, until Dahg got too old and sold the old freighter to an Orion trader in 2360. The Orion brought his own crew, but Kyan stayed on as the gunner. For the next two decades, new adventures waited around every asteroid, and Kyan was happy to have them. On this incarnation of the Latinum Lady, there were a set of Klingon twins that trained the ageless youth in the arts of combat, and of Klingon stories and lore. Being of Celtic origins himself, the art of storytelling was always important for him. The years with Karn and Toloth were among his best times.
All good things... as they say, and this held true for the Latinum Lady. Finally caught, the crew was either sent to a penal colony, or in Kyan's case, sent to live with someone else. This was the second time that he was "adopted" by Federation citizens. This time his adopted family lived aboard a starship. Commander Donovan Call and his wife took charge of the boy in 2383. Call, first officer of the Galaxy Class USS Trinculo was a "good" influence on the boy. And as grups go, wasn't so bad. Best of all, the Trinculo had holodecks! His intergalactic piracy could continue unabated within the confines of the Trinculo's holodecks.
But they were fantasy and Kyan yearned again for real adventure! He wanted to be out there in the thick of things again. Knowing this, and knowing what would happen if his adopted son were left to his own devices, Commander Call convinced Starfleet to finally give the ageless boy a chance. So it was in 2387 he was allowed to enlist in Starfleet.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: [ I am switching characters from Jacoby Hawkins on the Gibson. I would like to remain on the Gibson with this character as well.  ]
Department Preference: Security/Tactical
Secondary Department Preference: Helm

Sample post:
The 19 year old transporter tech looked on as the radiant blue sliver of sparkling light spread and then began coalescing into a human shape albeit a smallish one. The young tech paid it no real mind though. It was near the end of his shift and his mind was already on the holodeck battling the Dominion Hordes in the latest Dominion War holo-game, "Call of Duty: Battle of Betazed". Jem'Hadar troops fell at the crewman's feet as his mind wandered. Meanwhile, a crimson haired youth came into being on the transporter pad. After the blue radiance of the transporter effect terminated in the boy's middle, he took stock of himself before hopping off the pad and looked around. Stirred from his reverie by the unusual sight of a seemingly twelve year old boy in the mustard yellow of a Starfleet security uniform, the technician blinked.

"Err.. welcome aboard..." he replied

"Good job not scattering me about." Kyan Mackenzie chirped giving the room a quick once over. "It's pretty small this lady is eh?" he noted. "I've never been on a Nova Class ship before. I've read all about them though. Have you been here very long?"

The crewman shook his head. "No. This is my first assignment. I just finished training a month ago."

"Oh! I just finished too, a few months ago. It's green as a twig you are, barely even a real grup, the which will surely be remedied soon I hope? Hopefully we're going to head off some Breen slavers or something." Kyan grinned. "They're a tricky sort, the Breen.. The Klingons say to never turn your back on them! What's your name? I'm Kyan Mackenzie. My sept totem is wolf and I'm from Cestus III. I'm a crewman now, but someday i'm gonna be a  gunner."

The teenaged crewman nodded. "Crewman Will O'Shea. I'm from Tycho City, on Luna. What's a sept totem sir... and a gunner?"

"A sept totem is the animal that you're associated with in the old religion, the which I am a follower of. My mother was a high priestess and when she adopted me I started following it." and from the glazed over expression he could tell that the young human was less than interested in the drawn out version...

"And a gunner, I guess you'd be calling it "Tactical Officer". "

O'Shea nodded. "Oh right. So wheel are you from?."

"I'm an Only. From the planet called Miri's Planet."

"I've heard of that place. So you're all children?"

"Yup and no grups til the Starfleet came around either." Kyan nodded. "Well but also people kept turning into crazy zombies when they got old enough and then the star fleeters fixed that so it was a good trade I guess."

Thsinking on it for a moment, Kyan added..."Wait. Nope. Those grups introduced bedtime...school...doctors.. They tried to basically screw up our whole culture sure and they did! And we didn't even have warp ships! Prime directive my a...butt!"

Oshea nodded blankly. "Right. Well, welcome aboard."

"Right. Merry met Willy O'shea."

Kyan made for the door still mulling over ways that the very organization that he was now a member of had tried to ruin the Onlies' culture. He did not of course see the irony in the fact that he was now a card carrying member of said organization; only that he was a crewman on a ship now.

"Mandatory veggies.... Bathtimes... No more of the good foolies...." he muttered to himself as he made his way down the corridor. Of course they'd still managed to sneak in a few of the good foolies after Starfleet swooped in and set up their care centers and schools and all, but why should you have to sneak to play foolies?

One thing was sure now. On a ship full of grups, his experience having fun under their rules would be thoroughly tested. But Kyan Mackenzie was up for the challenge. And maybe he'd get some adventuring done too! From all the stories, it was the bigger ships that got all the good adventures though. Hopefully this little lady would be the exception. He slung his duffel over his back and made for his quarters, visions of evil smarmy Romulans and Breen Slave Traders dueling it out in his hyper active imagination.

Additional information:

kawolsky

Thank you for filing your application, Mr Mackenzie.

I understand you are a current member of Shadow Fleet choosing to deactivate your existing account (Jacob Hawkins) to begin afresh with this one. In light of your previous rank, post count and performance (and maybe because it is Christmas time!), I am happy to permit you a starting rank of Senior Crewman in the Security/Tactical department aboard the USS Gibson.

Your existing account will be deactivated in 24 hours. If you wish to make any final posts with Jacoby Hawkins, please do so before 1900hrs on Monday 17 December, United States Eastern Time.

Unless you have any pressing questions or queries, please report into Commander Riley Munro aboard the Gibson and she will instruct your further.

Thank you and enjoy your time posting as Mackenzie.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.