Author Topic: Post of the Month - August, 2012  (Read 4837 times)

kawolsky

Post of the Month - August, 2012
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:26:27 am »
Post of the Month - August, 2012

It's that time of month again. As we draw towards the end of August (and for many, the end of that summer weather!), let us celebrate the achievement and literary skill of one of our players.

:: Main Engineering | USS Gibson ::

Having been sequestered inside a cramped Poer relay for the better part of the past few hours, and having been tasked with repairing said relay's coolant matrix, Jacoby looked the part. Coolant fluid adorned the crimson haired Crewman's face and uniform, and his trousers were torn in a few different places. There was even coolant in his hair. But he was happy to have been tasked with the job. Since they's gotten the new Chief Petty Officer in engineering, it really wasn't the place to be for him. He'd had a few run ins with the new NCO's ire, and the prospect didn't exactly excite him. It excited his new room mate, Crewman Apprentice Silas Wentworth even less.

"HAWKINS!" the non-com's voice carried down from the gangway overlooking main engineering. "Get to the Cargo Bay. Ensign Thompson's been looking for you."

"What's he want Chief? There's half a power conduit on Deck Five looking for me too." Jacoby called up, squinting to see the burly Tellarite leaning over the railing."

"Who cares what he wants WITH you. He want's YOU is the point. Get moving." Gren called out, his nasally baritone blanketing the Gibson's nerve center. "And send Wentworth to deck five."

"Aye Chief." Jacoby yelled back. "Also, you look thin today. Chef cooked bacon and eggs in the mess."

Gren's subsequent reply, loud and thunderous as it came, was preceded by a padd exploding against the bulkhead next to him. "GET MOVING."

Hawkins was already out the doors when the pieces hit the deck.

=/\= Hawkins to Wentworth =/\=

A moment went by before the excitable young engineer's voice crackled over the com link.

=/\= Wentworth. =/\=

=/\= Yes. Boss Hog wants to to finish up the power conduit on deck five. I gotta go see the factory about something in the cargo bay. =/\=

=/\= Ok. I'm going there now. did you leave the tools? =/\=

=/\= Yup. they're all still there. Hawkins out. =/\=

With the connection closed, Jacoby was free to wonder just what the Gibson's chief engineer wanted with him. Might have been about his nickname. In fact, Jacoby pondered as he approached the cargo bay, that's probably what it was. In Hawkins' brief experience in Starfleet, hard truths weren't something officers liked to hear. Especially when that truth was in regards to them. Oh well... more replicator cleaning duty. Apparently Boss Hog wasn't fond of his nickname either. And Jacoby hadn't even thought that one up. The guy from Earth did... the cowboy. Oh well.

The doors to the Gibson's cargo bay swooshed open before him, revealing Ensign Thompton, a science crewman, and some sort of alien looking contraption.

"Chief Thompson, Bo... Chief Petty Officer Gren said you wanted to see me?"

In what is an extremely well written post, Jacoby Hawkins expertly paints a picture in the reader's mind by using skillfully an array of adjectives and descriptive text.

Commanding Officer Riley T Munro commented, "This is epic! Hawkins has really found his place in Engineering. Well written, descriptive, fun, lighthearted and overall enjoyable read. I am very proud of my engineering department!"

Please join me in congratulating Crewman Hawkins on what is a superb post and don't forget, if you see a post you feel is worthy of recognition over the coming month, submit it to your Commanding Officer right away!

John Brown

Re: Post of the Month - August, 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:04:38 am »
Love it good job.... :D

Adolph Klein

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:32 am »
Congratulations.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:50:20 am »
Good job!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 10:18:41 am »
Great post. Well done!

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Offline Grace Masters

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:04:54 am »
Great job!

Set phasers to kill.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:55 am »
Congrats!

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Rilas Miran

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Maintenance Technician, USS Discovery
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 01:41:29 pm »
Very nice. Congrats!

Offline Raymundo Salas

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 01:47:17 pm »
congratulations

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 02:14:02 pm »
Very proud! Great work!

Lance Krol

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 02:37:43 pm »
Well done! I'm sad that nobody gave me a quote to use except one person. I'm also ashamed to say that I pretty much forgot to put in that one nomination. It won't happen again! :P

Archangel Koris

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 02:48:34 pm »
I really enjoyed reading that post!  A descriptive and amusing view on being an Engineer.

Offline Jacoby Hawkins

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 11:54:21 pm »
Wow. Thanks guys. I have to give credit to the engineering section on the Gibson though, and the rest of the crew as well. It's awesome to be on a great sim again!

Jonathan Sanchez

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 12:06:46 am »
Congrats!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles