Shadow Fleet: A Five Year Celebration

Started by kawolsky, September 25, 2011, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Shadow Fleet: A Five Year Celebration
As you may know by now, Shadow Fleet will reach its fifth anniversary in January 2012. What you won't know, is that in celebration of this brilliant achievement we are putting together a paperback collection of Shadow Fleet's entire five years of existence comprising every player, story, mission and SIMM to be released on Shadow Fleet Day - January 5th, 2012.

But it doesn't end there. As part of this celebratory book, entitled Shadow Fleet: A Five Year Celebration, we are planning on including a section for every character ever made, both past and present, but we need your help!

If you would like your character to be a part of this unique Shadow Fleet history, then please head along to the Crew Biographies board and complete the biographies form found here. Remember, your biography will be printed in a book for all to see so it needs to be as detailed and complete as you can make it.

In addition to including your character information, those of you who wish to include a brief description of yourself (who you are, where you live, your hobbies & interests etc) this can also be included in the final book. If you would like to include this in your section, simply post what you would like to see in the book below.

Please note that this book is a huge undertaking for the command staff who will be working hard behind the scenes to get it completed in time for Shadow Fleet Day. As such, we are on a strict deadline and anyone wishing to be included in the book must have their biographies completed no later than November 1st, 2011. Any submitted after this date will not be included.

I'm sure you'll all agree this is an exciting time for the fleet. With new members, ships and missions being made everyday, we are slowing growing into one of the best forum-based Star Trek RPGs on the internet. And this book will serve to reinforce that ideal by showing us just how far we have come in the past five years.

More details will follow in due course. Until then, continue to enjoy the quality role-playing our SIMMs provide and don't forget to keep your browser locked on the news board for future developments!

Shelaf Greegy

This is genius. I'm really looking forward to the completed book, and of course will offer any assistance you might need!

Taras Cadenza

As one of the New Generation Shadow Fleeters, so to speak, I have to say, this is, without a doubt, the greatest thing I've ever seen an RPG do. Ever. My hat goes off to you, gentlemen. Sincerly. :)

I'll get on to that character biography of mine, and I'll probably add a bit about my real self also... :)

Seth Sinclaire

(I assume this is where I post it if I read correctly ;P )

Well, my names Adam Forshew and I come from the county of Medway in the UK! I'm a very left-leaning political person with an avid Atheistic interest in Theology too. I enjoy gaming, RP-ing, playing around with coding, being social with some close friends and studying history, particularly ancient Romans! I've allways been a great admirer of Julius Caesar ever since I found out we share a birthday as a child. That small detail captured my imagination at the time and my avid interest of him and Roman society simply hasn't died down in the 10 years since. I remember being raised on Cowboys and Star Trek by my dad and thus developed a taste for RP during my mid-teens. I would reccomend it to anyone, it's just like writing a book with a group of people where you're all headed towards the same goal but have your own interesting ways of doing things. And just as importantly, it's so easy to become attached to each character and it's a great way to get to know people and make some new friends!

Lance Krol

Hi there. My real name is Paul, I live in Dundee, Scotland. I grew up without many friends, which drove me to the internet until very recently, though naturally I still use it regularly. Like my character, I am slightly autistic, and I use this to write for him when I'm not using it to be enormously socially awkward. Unlike Krol, I don't have the mathematical improvement version of autism (protip: it's very rare).

I'm currently taking Higher (O-Level) Maths, Physics, English, Computing and Graphic Communications to get qualifications to take a University-level engineering course. I spend a lot of time thinking deeply about inconsequential things, such as the amount of power the sun uses every second or other crap like that.

I write a lot of stories and make up a lot of universes - so far I'm in the process of designing a universe in which humanity has been rendered extinct and the closest thing left is a symbiotic lifeform from a nebula near to Earth which began growing and using human brains to aid their own expansion. Naturally, it gets deeper. If you have anything you've ever really wanted to be put into a sci-fi universe, but you lack the drive to make your own, tell me about it and if and when I ever release my ideas you might find yourself credited.

In my spare time, I play computer chess while playing other, less intellectual games simultaneously, paint WH40K models (occasionally) and talk to people I don't know over the internet. And if you're reading this, Hi DrakeVonDragon! :D

OctalLord

I don't really know much about what I to put down for a biography of my character considering how long he's been in existence and I don't remember all of it by heart and instead remember the memorable events from missions. But I will share this.
----------------------------------------

Hello there, My name is Melvin Nathaniel Greene of North Carolina in the USA. I've been a part of Shadow Fleet for several years now and It's been a wild ride. When I first arrived thanks to a friend of mine telling me about it was the first roleplaying game I ever joined. I was nervous at first, which is hard to believe at this point considering I've been here so long. But I digress, when I first began I started in a part of Shadow Fleet now missing which is part of it's long history that this book covers.

As time went on and I continued through the wonderful trek in our games world I was pressed by others to improve  myself and their experience by improving my ability to write and compose my actions in the game world coherently. That spawned a drive in me to better myself not for myself but to entertain others. A method I've used for many other things in real life, whether it's writing, or my other projects that I choose to undertake. I always enjoyed the adventures I got to go on and the hilarious events that I got to cause in game that I found everyone enjoying as well.

At this part I'd like to share some thoughts on my character, even though I don't remember how I intended to make Octavius through the times he's gone through ups and downs not possible with any shorter form of media a character has to work with, causing trouble and solving problems around the universe always with my friends and fellow crewmembers around the fleet. I learned to love every one of them in character and out. I believe that they've done the same for me and that's why I want the game to never end!
I do this more for myself than anything else, if you'd like to skip to the part where I came in, go check out Blaisdell station Season 1 Mission 02: Homecoming. While it's certainly not my favorite part of the Astounding Hero Octavius Mirwald. It's certainly the best place to start!

Taras Cadenza

Hope this is ok, if it needs to be shortened let me know. :)

-------------------------

Greetings, fellow Enterprising people! I am Dominic Greenwood-Martin of Milton Keynes, in England, UK. I, myself am relatively new to Shadow Fleet, but in all honesty it is brilliant. It's the first Star Trek RP that I have joined in the years that have been RPing on the Internet, and by far the most in-depth, given that almost all of my other RPs are set as a novel-movie-type adventure. All in all, I am honoured to be a part of this fleet.

A little bit about myself. I am a keen reader, writer, possible chef, possible lawyer, all-round nice guy, slight eccentric tendancies, but quite, quite fun.
I am equally a Star Trek and Doctor Who fan. I love both shows and their history.

My favourite Trek ship would by far be the Galaxy-Class Enterprise-D, and my favourite Captain would be, of course, its' commanding officer Jean-Luc Picard, though Kirk, Sisko, Janeway and Archer are all pretty awesome in my mind. (I mean, Sisko is pretty much the Trek universe's answer to Chuck Norris.)

Now a little bit about Taras. The character originated from the long-running Ace Attorney Online role play Endless Time, of which his father, Mika Cadenza, was one of the original characters.

Mika himself is from a parallel universe to the Trek we know and love. However, the differences in his universe were minor, and not on the scale of the Mirror universe.

Brief origin: Commander Mika Cadenza and the crew of the Intrepid-Class UKS Defiant were involved in a battle with an unknown alien race in the year 2374 when they were forced into a wormhole, taking them to the far-end of the Beta Quadrant, and crashing landing on an undiscovered planet known as Leceil. Mika was the only one left aboard. Most of the crew had evacuated in escape pods during the battle, and the rest had died during it and the subsequent crash.

Mika spent the next 7 years on the planet slowly but difficultly adjusting to life on the planet, as he used the materials avaliable to him to attempt to repair his ship.

On the 8th year, many events happened, some good, some bad, some devastatingly horrific. However, with the assistance of Vice Admiral Kathryn Jayneway, Mika piloted a shuttlecraft into a biological wormhole to return to the Alpha Quadrant. The only problem was - it lead to the Prime Trek universe. Even worse was that he had been sent back to the year 2353, and his body's physiology had been altered to compensate.

With no trace of a Mika Cadenza on this Earth, Mika rejoined Starfleet, and stormed up the ranks... and the rest is modern history.

This is how the character Taras came about. I decided to tie the characters together, given their Trek backgrounds. Essentially, it's all part of the multi-roleplay Cadenza legacy. That I may write a novel about someday.

Thank you for reading this, and hopefully, one day in many years time, Taras may follow in the footsteps of John Kawolsky, Scott Bradley and Alexander Clarke amongst others, to command his own starship in Shadow Fleet.

It's just a positive thought. :)

Shelaf Greegy

Hi there. I'm Alistair Watson. I'm 16 years old (or will be when the book is out!), and live in the small village of Lostock Hall, near Preston, in the North West of England. I'm in the Air Cadets here in England, at 2376 Bamber Bridge Squadron, if anyone is interested. I've always wanted to fly. My main ambition is to serve in the Royal Air Force, an ambition that may sadly not come to fruition as a result of Crohns Disease, which I was diagnosed with shortly after my 14th birthday.

I'm a big reader, and gamer. I enjoy flying and shooting. At the moment i'm finishing my GCSE's, and then I want to take Maths, Physics, English Combined, Computing and History at A levels. I would quite like to get a doctorate, even if it is just so people call me "Dr Watson."

Anyway, Shadow Fleet:

I'm what I suppose would be the typical "Sci Fi" geek, into Star Wars, Star Trek and Dr Who, amongst others. I would defend my being a fan of these by examining what is at the core of them: The ideals of peace, justice, and uh.... lasers, I guess.

I've been a member of Shadow Fleet since early August 2007, in which time many things have happened. I have two characters, Master Chief Petty Officer Shelaf Greegy, my first character, and Connor Price, who I created just a few months ago.

I stumbled across Shadow Fleet one day when I was first getting into Star Trek. With nothing to lose, I signed up. As one of the only Enlisted personnel on the fleet, I swiftly rose through the ranks, becoming Master Chief Petty Officer and Chief of the Boat after roughly a years hard work. I've served in that position for a few years now, and it never gets boring.

Greegy is my most developed character. When I made him, I was completely new to Star Trek, so I didn't really know the acceptable "pairings", as it were, thus the Human/Romulan thing, which I know can sound a bit cheesy. I like the way he has progressed, particularly his relationship with Safi Larson. I've invested a large amount of my life to Shelaf, so I hope he is a good reflection of that.

Price, I suppose, was born out of a desire to explore new horizons. I liked Shelaf where he was, but I wanted an officer character to develop, and so there he was. Perhaps less in depth than Greegy, but I suppose those things come along with time and effort. I hope Price will go far, and i'm sure he will with time

.I've devoted a large portion to my life to Shadow Fleet, and over the years its become to mean a lot to me. I've made friends, had some funny times, some sad times, and I hope it'll go on for many many more years.

Michael Ferdinand

Hi, my name is Alexander. I found Shadowfleet by accident when I was randomly searching through the internet for Star Trek topics. I have to admit that my writing w as not the best when compared to the progress I have made. This was the first Star Trek simm I had joined and I am glad I was able to ride out the downtime of the fleet in 2010.

I created Alyssa Meadows because I wanted a fresh start after my failed attempt at Linderholm. I wanted to have one of those characters that didn't put up with anyone's nonsense, yet at the same time, had some of her own issues that only a few can relate to. To me, she is an extension of the darker side of me that rarely comes out, which is why I enjoy writing as her so much. Her name was created by taking one of my friend's first name and combining it with my other friend's last name.

She has become my source of venting when I am alone, which most of you can tell. As cheesy as it may sound, she has become one of my best friends and I wish I could meet her in real life. I love her like a parent loves a child, and what I have planned for her tears me apart.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

ThomasRiker

I have been a long time Sci-fi fan, and have enjoyed Star Trek for as long as I can remember. I joined Shadow Fleet so that I could put my own input into a Trek Universe and see where it will go. I have yet to watch all of the Series of Trek, though I am steadily moving through them, hindered only by the slow speed snail mail delivering them to me disc by disc.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.