Time Off

Started by Tess tLhoell, June 14, 2020, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell (6 months pregnant)
[Katra Station - Deck 12 - Promenade - Outside the Beauty/Spa 'Venus & Mars']

Tess waited in front of the Beauty & Spa Lounge 'Venus & Mars'. Although she'd been here on the station since day one, she never had visited this beauty/spa lounge. She had tried to figure out why but no good reason came to mind. So she was all the more excited to try this out for the first time.

She was supposed to meet Zex. Tess was looking forward to get to knoe the Deltan a little more outside of duties. She was also glad that she was able to make time for dates like this despite her busy schedule. She always felt a little bad to leave Rayek on his own but she was glad that they could do things on their own. Well to be frank, she wouldn't have had anything against taking Rayek with her, but she doubted he would enjoy an evening with giggling and chatting women. Part of the little group would be Saqa7 or Jayce, but neither of them had been able to say if they had time, so Tess would just wait and see what happened.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Kirok

Zex arrived a few minutes later.  She was dressed in a blue sun dress.  The one that matched her eyes.

She was pleased as punch when she received the invitation from Tess.  She had felt close to the Ba'ku since she first arrived and looked forward to spending some time with her.  Besides, by the look of her nails a spa day was long past due.

"Hi" Zex said when she saw Tess waiting for her.  "You are glowing and beautiful as always.  This is for you" she said as she extended a gift bag to her.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Rayek trLhoell

NPC Lt jg Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[Katra Station - Deck 12 - Promenade - Turbolift >>>> Outside the Beauty/Spa 'Venus & Mars']

Saqa7 was running late.  Tess had invited her to a spa day with her and the new diplomatic officer.  Yet despite having set an alarm, Saqa7's focus on her latest study of the Meridian zoological ecosystem had her merely turning off the alarm distractedly.  It was only a coworker passing by informing her that it was 'home-time' and that she should finish up that got her out of the lab where she was working out the modeling of the ecology for more study.

Her tapped her fingers impatiently on the railing in the turbolift as she waited for the lift come to a stop on Deck 12 and for the doors to open.   She exited and power-walked her way through the crowd towards the meeting place outside the spa.   At about a 50 m away, she spotted Tess and gave a wave... picking up her pace until she arrived.

"Sorry I'm late.  Thank you for waiting.  This is going to be so exciting!  Hi Zex.  I don't think we've met yet... though Tess has mentioned you before. I'm Saqa7*" (*pronounced Shaka).

The native woman, with her hair done up in two braids, offered a hand out towards the Deltan.  "It's nice to finally meet you."

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kirok

Zex turned to the voice.  Tess had said the she had invited another person.  Zex had responded 'the more the merrier!' at the time.  Any friend of Tess' was another possible friend for her.  And the Deltan was eager to expand her circle of friends.

She accepted the handshake.  "So nice to meet you.  Tess didn't tell me you were so pretty" she said with a warm smile.

"So tell me all about you?   Where do you hail from?   What do you do here?" she asked curiously.

Tess tLhoell

Quote from: Zex on June 14, 2020, 02:21:38 PM

Zex arrived a few minutes later.  She was dressed in a blue sun dress.  The one that matched her eyes.

She was pleased as punch when she received the invitation from Tess.  She had felt close to the Ba'ku since she first arrived and looked forward to spending some time with her.  Besides, by the look of her nails a spa day was long past due.

"Hi" Zex said when she saw Tess waiting for her.  "You are glowing and beautiful as always.  This is for you" she said as she extended a gift bag to her.

Tess smiled when Zex approached her at their meeting point. "Hi!", Tess greeted the Deltan. At her compliment, Tess chuckled and felt herself blushing the slightest bit. "Ah, thank you." When the other woman handed a gift bag to her, Tess looked first at her then at the bag in surprise. "Oh, that is so kind of you!", she said. She really had not expected that.
Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on June 16, 2020, 01:41:36 PM

[Katra Station - Deck 12 - Promenade - Turbolift >>>> Outside the Beauty/Spa 'Venus & Mars']

Saqa7 was running late.  Tess had invited her to a spa day with her and the new diplomatic officer.  Yet despite having set an alarm, Saqa7's focus on her latest study of the Meridian zoological ecosystem had her merely turning off the alarm distractedly.  It was only a coworker passing by informing her that it was 'home-time' and that she should finish up that got her out of the lab where she was working out the modeling of the ecology for more study.

Her tapped her fingers impatiently on the railing in the turbolift as she waited for the lift come to a stop on Deck 12 and for the doors to open.   She exited and power-walked her way through the crowd towards the meeting place outside the spa.   At about a 50 m away, she spotted Tess and gave a wave... picking up her pace until she arrived.

"Sorry I'm late.  Thank you for waiting.  This is going to be so exciting!  Hi Zex.  I don't think we've met yet... though Tess has mentioned you before. I'm Saqa7*" (*pronounced Shaka).

The native woman, with her hair done up in two braids, offered a hand out towards the Deltan.  "It's nice to finally meet you."

Before she could take a look into the bag, Saqa7 arrived. "Slow down", Tess laughed amicably at her friend who was in a haste to meet them here and then greete her with a hug. "Glad you could make it." She held up the small gift bag. "Look at this, Zex brought a gift for me", Tess smiled and then looked over to the Deltan. "May I take a look at it now or is this something I'm supposed to open at home?" That would be torture for Tess' curiosity.

"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."

Kirok

Zex smiled as Tess told he friend to slow down.  She assumed that Tess was joking due to her chuckled.  But the Deltan did not join in on the chuckle because she did not know Sage7 yet.

"No, please open it now.  There is something for you.  And something for the baby inside" Zex said.

When Tess opened the present she would seen a soft surface rattler that doubled as a teether for the baby.  There were also two small bags of candy that gave off a fragrant odor.   One was a hard candy and the other a soft candy.

Rayek trLhoell

Quote from: Zex on June 16, 2020, 07:14:46 PM

Zex turned to the voice.  Tess had said the she had invited another person.  Zex had responded 'the more the merrier!' at the time.  Any friend of Tess' was another possible friend for her.  And the Deltan was eager to expand her circle of friends.

She accepted the handshake.  "So nice to meet you.  Tess didn't tell me you were so pretty" she said with a warm smile.

"So tell me all about you?   Where do you hail from?   What do you do here?" she asked curiously.

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on June 17, 2020, 09:10:43 AM

Tess smiled when Zex approached her at their meeting point. "Hi!", Tess greeted the Deltan. At her compliment, Tess chuckled and felt herself blushing the slightest bit. "Ah, thank you." When the other woman handed a gift bag to her, Tess looked first at her then at the bag in surprise. "Oh, that is so kind of you!", she said. She really had not expected that.

Before she could take a look into the bag, Saqa7 arrived. "Slow down", Tess laughed amicably at her friend who was in a haste to meet them here and then greeted her with a hug. "Glad you could make it." She held up the small gift bag. "Look at this, Zex brought a gift for me", Tess smiled and then looked over to the Deltan. "May I take a look at it now or is this something I'm supposed to open at home?" That would be torture for Tess' curiosity.

Quote from: Zex on June 17, 2020, 07:10:54 PM

Zex smiled as Tess told he friend to slow down.  She assumed that Tess was joking due to her chuckled.  But the Deltan did not join in on the chuckle because she did not know Sage7 yet.

"No, please open it now.  There is something for you.  And something for the baby inside" Zex said.

When Tess opened the present she would seen a soft surface rattler that doubled as a teether for the baby.  There were also two small bags of candy that gave off a fragrant odor.   One was a hard candy and the other a soft candy.

She shook hands with Zex, smiling at the Deltan and feeling a bit surprised and caught off guard at the other woman's compliment. The only other one who had ever said that to her had been Jureena... and well... Rayek obviously must have found her attractive too ... though he didn't count cause he was married now.  "Um... thank you. Tess didn't mention it probably because she only has eyes for Rayek.  You are rather beautiful yourself - but I suppose you hear that all the time. From men... and women alike."

Saqa7 didn't know what exactly it was about Deltans that made their baldness so appealing.  Probably their pheromones.

Before Saqa7 could answer any of Zex's questions about herself, she gave a moment to Tess and hugged her carefully.  When Tess pointed out the gift from Zex, Saqa7 watched as it Tess  opened it.  "Oh that rattle is so precious.. the babe is going to love it!"

She then looked to Zex and wondered what things did she want to say about herself.  "I don't know that we have the time to go into ALL about myself but I suppose I could give you the 'CliffNotes' version."

Deciding to work her way backwards in answering she started with her rank and position.  "I'm a junior grade lieutenant in the Science department.".

Because she had only just met Zex, Saqa7 didn't feel comfortable with going in to too much detail about her past and how she had once been in medical but had her license to practice revoked after she broke faith with her oath and administered a cure to a dying people despite their religion dictating that such a cure was forbidden.  Starfleet and the Medical review board took these incidents seriously.   She'd lost rank and was denied from practicing medicine for three years.  Only a little over a year and half to go.

"I'm from Earth. A member of a small First Nations community in Western Canada called the St'at'imc.  I am also part Japanese on my mother's side.  I grew up in a small town with barely the population of Katra... so I am very comfortable with the small town feel that Katra has.  Here you get to know your coworkers, your neighbors and all the shop owners, closely."

She glanced over towards the spa... "Though to be honest I don't think I've been to this establishment before... so I am excited to make more friends."

Kirok

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on June 18, 2020, 05:05:51 AM

She shook hands with Zex, smiling at the Deltan and feeling a bit surprised and caught off guard at the other woman's compliment. The only other one who had ever said that to her had been Jureena... and well... Rayek obviously must have found her attractive too ... though he didn't count cause he was married now.  "Um... thank you. Tess didn't mention it probably because she only has eyes for Rayek.  You are rather beautiful yourself - but I suppose you hear that all the time. From men... and women alike."

Saqa7 didn't know what exactly it was about Deltans that made their baldness so appealing.  Probably their pheromones.

Before Saqa7 could answer any of Zex's questions about herself, she gave a moment to Tess and hugged her carefully.  When Tess pointed out the gift from Zex, Saqa7 watched as it Tess  opened it.  "Oh that rattle is so precious.. the babe is going to love it!"

She then looked to Zex and wondered what things did she want to say about herself.  "I don't know that we have the time to go into ALL about myself but I suppose I could give you the 'CliffNotes' version."

Deciding to work her way backwards in answering she started with her rank and position.  "I'm a junior grade lieutenant in the Science department.".

Because she had only just met Zex, Saqa7 didn't feel comfortable with going in to too much detail about her past and how she had once been in medical but had her license to practice revoked after she broke faith with her oath and administered a cure to a dying people despite their religion dictating that such a cure was forbidden.  Starfleet and the Medical review board took these incidents seriously.   She'd lost rank and was denied from practicing medicine for three years.  Only a little over a year and half to go.

"I'm from Earth. A member of a small First Nations community in Western Canada called the St'at'imc.  I am also part Japanese on my mother's side.  I grew up in a small town with barely the population of Katra... so I am very comfortable with the small town feel that Katra has.  Here you get to know your coworkers, your neighbors and all the shop owners, closely."

She glanced over towards the spa... "Though to be honest I don't think I've been to this establishment before... so I am excited to make more friends."

"Ah thanks.  But I've grown used to ignoring such compliment, so I wouldn't really know who finds me attractive.  Sad, I know, but I can't really act on any of such things.  Oath of celibacy and all" Zex replied.

"I know that Captain Solluk has said that I don't have to follow it hear.  But It's better that I do. I think" she added.

She could see the oriental features in the woman's face.  But the hair was suggesting something else.  "Is the First Nation an american Indian tribe?" she asked curiously.

"If Tess didn't tell you anything about me, I'm an only child born on Delta IV.  I started off as a medical officer and later switched to diplomacy" she offered.  "I have not been here either, but I hope they have fizzy fruity drinks" she added with a glance toward Tess.

Tess tLhoell

When told so, Tess opened the bag and spotted a the gift that was in there. Her face lighted up as she pulled the rattle out and tried it out briefly. "Oh, this is lovely", Tess smiled at Zex. "Thank you so much!"

Saqa7 and Zex then both exchanged some information about each other. When the Deltan mentioned fuzzy fruity drinks, Tess smiled. "That's right up my alley. How exciting that none of us had been here before. So we all can see what our first impression is."

Putting the gift back into the bag she smiled at Saqa7 and Zex. "Shall we?"

As they entered a huge lobby awaited them. "Wow", Tess said as she took a look around. "This is bigger than I thought." In the background soft music was playing a couple of other customers lingered in the lobby, either waiting for the things they booked or just relaxing a bit.
As they approached the reception counter, a Bajoran woman smiled their way.

"Welcome to the Venus and Mars Beauty and Spa", she greeted them with a kind of melody in her voice. "My name is Gelka Inia. How may I help you, ladies?" She glanced at Tess baby bump. "Oh, and a little stowaway there! Congratulations! How far are we?"

Tess chuckled, resting her hand on her belly. "Six months."

"I see, being pregnant is hard work as it progresses, don't worry, we've got your back! The mother-to-be's friends do hard work too, so, we will make sure you have a good time here." Inia smiled at them. "What would you like to have, ladies?"

Kirok

"I'm happy to be able to share in your celebration of your pregnancy.  The candies are ginger crews.  They are suppose to help when your stomach is upset" Zex said.

"It very excited.  I can't wait for the relaxation to begin" she said.  "Is there anything either of you want to do while we are here?" she asked.

Zex followed Tess and Sage7 into the business.  "Messages for all three of us.  My treat" she said to the owner.

Rayek trLhoell

Quote from: Zex on June 18, 2020, 06:55:07 PM

"Ah thanks.  But I've grown used to ignoring such compliment, so I wouldn't really know who finds me attractive.  Sad, I know, but I can't really act on any of such things.  Oath of celibacy and all" Zex replied.

"I know that Captain Solluk has said that I don't have to follow it hear.  But It's better that I do. I think" she added.

She could see the oriental features in the woman's face.  But the hair was suggesting something else.  "Is the First Nation an american Indian tribe?" she asked curiously.

"If Tess didn't tell you anything about me, I'm an only child born on Delta IV.  I started off as a medical officer and later switched to diplomacy" she offered.  "I have not been here either, but I hope they have fizzy fruity drinks" she added with a glance toward Tess.

Saqa7 expression seemed surprised at hearing about he Oath of Celibacy.  She had thought such stipulations had been long since removed, but apparently not.  "I wasn't aware I hope I didn't offend." she remarked.

When Zex inquired about 'First Nation' being an American Indian tribe, her expression soured briefly.  "Sort of - its a general term used to describe aboriginal groups.  In Canada, we are not partial to the term Indian - though it is in the original legislation." Saqa7 explained.

She listened in interest as Zex told her about herself.  "An only child?  I often used to wonder what that would be like.  I have three other siblings all older... you could say I was a bit of a surprise for my parents."

Once the introductions were made, Saqa7 entered the spa with the other two and looked about in awe at the large lobby.  You'd never guess that space on the station might be at a premium with the way this business seemed to flaunt it's open space.  The native woman smiles as they were greeted and made to feel quite welcome.

Zex's offer of a massages first seemed delightful.  "Oh I'm so going to enjoy this! Thank you." she commented to the suggestion.

"Oh do you have saunas?  I love a good sweat..."  Then had belated idea. "Oh... I should have brought my smudge box... we could have done a smudge together."

Kirok

"Oh, no. I'm not offended at all.  Don't give it another thought" Zex replied.

Zex considered Sega7's reply about the First Nation.  She had been unaware that Canadian's had an indian population, but thinking about it now it made sense that they would.  "I see" she simply said.

"Yes, I always wanted siblings.  I guess the grass is always greener" she said.  "But then again, I can't imagine having some many people living in one places.  It must have been fun growing up.  What was the age difference?" she asked curiously.

"My pleasure" she replied.  "A sauna sounds good to me too.  Count me in" she added.

Rayek trLhoell

[Katra Station - Deck 12 - Beauty/Spa 'Venus & Mars']

Saqa7 had heard that same phrase 'Grass is greener.. ' before and nodded.  She supposed that it was all about ones own perspective.

"My nearest sibling was over 10 years by senior.   Most had left home by the time I began school.  So we were never close." She didn't mention that they were only half-siblings... same mother but different fathers - she being the odd one out.

Later when Zex seemed to like the idea of a sauna, Saqa7 smiled "But we have to keep an eye on Tess and avoid hyperthermia - it could be bad for the baby."

The host smiled at all the suggestions and shook her head at the talk of pregnancy concerns. "Not to worry we can accommodate by discreetly monitoring and adjusting the heat appropriately." She assured the women.

"Now.. you wanted to begin with massage... do you wish each to be in a private room or will a group room be preferred so that you can converse?"

Saqa7 looked over to Tess and then Zex.   "I'd prefer together."

"Of course let me show you ladies to a room."

Tess tLhoell

[Katra Station - Deck 12 - Promenade - Beauty/Spa 'Venus & Mars']

When Zex reminded her of the candy Tess took another look in the bag. "Oh, how nice! I love ginger." She smiled at the Deltan. "Thank you so much."

After they entered, massages and sauna were suggested. Tess smiled. "This sounds good." She got massages from Rayek so she wasn't really craving a massage but she wouldn't say no either. Even less when Zex so generously offered to treat them. "Thank you, Zex."

Tess nodded her agreement when Saqa7 said to do the massage together. Of course, that was more fun. As the Bajoran host lead them to the massage room, Tess looked at the bed. "Could I maybe have some pillows if I'm lying on my stomach?"

"Oh, don't worry. We have massage couches for preggy women, or a massage seat if that's what you prefer?"

"No, a couch sounds perfect. Thank you!", Tess smiled.

Gelka moved out of the room and returned with a massage couch for Tess with a notch for her belly which she put next to the other.

"You're very welcome", Gelka smiled. "Anything else that you need? Can I get you something to drink, ladies?"

Kirok

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on June 21, 2020, 10:50:30 PM

Saqa7 had heard that same phrase 'Grass is greener.. ' before and nodded.  She supposed that it was all about ones own perspective.

"My nearest sibling was over 10 years by senior.   Most had left home by the time I began school.  So we were never close." She didn't mention that they were only half-siblings... same mother but different fathers - she being the odd one out.

Later when Zex seemed to like the idea of a sauna, Saqa7 smiled "But we have to keep an eye on Tess and avoid hyperthermia - it could be bad for the baby."

The host smiled at all the suggestions and shook her head at the talk of pregnancy concerns. "Not to worry we can accommodate by discreetly monitoring and adjusting the heat appropriately." She assured the women.

"Now.. you wanted to begin with massage... do you wish each to be in a private room or will a group room be preferred so that you can converse?"

Saqa7 looked over to Tess and then Zex.   "I'd prefer together."

"Of course let me show you ladies to a room."

"Oh" Zex replied.  She has not considered the potential risk of hyperthermia to the fetus.  "If Tess is comfortable with being monitored and still want to go into the sauna, then I keep my vote to yes" she said.

"Group is fine by me" The Deltan said in regard to the messages.  "Tess do you want the middle or one of the ends?" she asked.

"Good.  I'm glad you like both gifts.  Now I have to figure out something for Rayek I will have hit the trifecta.  But I guess he could enjoy the ginger candies too" Zex joked lightly.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.