Author Topic: Time for a physical (Zex and Amarande Xiiv)  (Read 329 times)

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Time for a physical (Zex and Amarande Xiiv)
« on: May 13, 2020, 06:27:43 pm »
[Sick bay]

Zex had just arrived on station.  In her mind, she had just barely escaped death at the hands of Cativo.  So it was natural that she get herself looked over before starting for first day of duty.

So after getting off of the transport ship, she make a bee line for sickbay.  The doors swooshed open.  She looked around the the first medical officer on duty.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Amarande Xiiv

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Please state the nature of your medica--
  • Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Time for a physical (Zex and Amarande Xiiv)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 11:16:56 am »
"Ah, you must be Zex," Amarande said as she looked up to see the woman. "What can I do for you? And welcome aboard. I heard you've already saved the day, congratulations."

Setting down her PADD, she moved her attention to Zex with a broad smile.

What we do now echoes in eternity. — Marcus Aurelius

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:43:04 pm »
[Sick bay]

Zex was surprised that the medical officer knew her name.  But how many Deltans women dressed in a purple shirt could there be on the station.  Likely just the one, her.

She was also a bit surprised that the medical officer already knew what had happened on the voyage here.   But Zex had been order to get checked out.  So it made sense that medical would be notified of her need for an assessment.  In any case, it would save her the trouble of repeating and thus reliving the incident, so there was less likelihood of residual trauma.

"Yes, I'm Zex" she said and followed the medical officer to a bio bed.  "Was it the lack of hair or the purple color I wear the give away?" she asked rhetorically.  "What's your name?"

"I need to get checked out just to make sure I'm ok after the incident.  I'm still kind of jumpy.  Haven't been sleeping well, so I may need something for that" she confessed.

Offline Amarande Xiiv

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Please state the nature of your medica--
  • Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 04:37:33 pm »
[Sick bay]

Zex was surprised that the medical officer knew her name.  But how many Deltans women dressed in a purple shirt could there be on the station.  Likely just the one, her.

She was also a bit surprised that the medical officer already knew what had happened on the voyage here.   But Zex had been order to get checked out.  So it made sense that medical would be notified of her need for an assessment.  In any case, it would save her the trouble of repeating and thus reliving the incident, so there was less likelihood of residual trauma.

"Yes, I'm Zex" she said and followed the medical officer to a bio bed.  "Was it the lack of hair or the purple color I wear the give away?" she asked rhetorically.  "What's your name?"

"I need to get checked out just to make sure I'm ok after the incident.  I'm still kind of jumpy.  Haven't been sleeping well, so I may need something for that" she confessed.
[Medbay - Deck 22]

"Amarande Xiiv," she said quietly, setting up the scanner. "I find it good to keep up with the welfare of my crewmembers, especially one that affects them adversely. I'll give you something for anxiety that should also help you with sleep. I will also give you something for shift work so that if you become anxious, it will help calm you. It's for the acute symptoms as needed, please only take it if you feel they are getting out of hand. It doesn't need to be taken every day. The evening doses can be taken on the nights you continue to experience insomnia."

She finished her tricorder scanning and nodded.

"Physically, you're fine. But, you've gone through a traumatic incident, so I would also recommend seeing Counsellor Beja. She's an excellent counsellor and very professional."

What we do now echoes in eternity. — Marcus Aurelius

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 05:04:07 pm »
[Medbay - Deck 22]

"It's nice to meet you, Amarande.  Or do you prefer, Ms. Xiiv?  Of do you prefer Ensign?" Zex asked.  She could be a chatter box at times.  Especially when meeting someone new.

"I typically don't like to take anything while I'm on duty.  Something before bed will probably be all I will need.  It is mostly the nightmares that bother me.  Nothing ptsd like during my awake hours.  Nonetheless, are there any side effects of the medication?" she asked.

"I have a meeting with Beja later.  Maybe I'll ask for a few sessions.  Thanks for the suggestion" she replied.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles