The Perfect Wedding (COMPLETE)

Started by Rayek trLhoell, September 27, 2019, 05:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Deck Two - Executive Officers private quarters (shared with Tess)](after S1Ep10) Stardate: 74738.5  (Sept 27th)

Tess happy smile widened when he confirmed he would be happy as long as it was her he would come home to. She closed her eyes as their forehead rested against each other's before he finally pulled back. The gentle kisses to her lips and her forehead were met with a loving smile.

Rayek then corrected his statement a little, that she wouldn't be really head of the clan Lhoell. She chuckled as she looked him lovingly in the eyes. "Okay, I get that", she said quietly as her gaze wandered over the handsome features of his face, the smile on her face widening. "Well, we could start our own new clan of Lhoell, couldn't we?", she grinned a little playfully. She sat up and turned to him a little more so she could rub her hands gently along that seducing neck of his. "How would you like that?"

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Rayek trLhoell

Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck Two - Executive Officers private quarters (shared with Tess)](after S1Ep10) Stardate: 74738.5  (Sept 27th)

The fact that Tess chuckled at his admission that she wouldn't be Clan Head, Rayek found a bit odd.  He didn't think his statement of his actually being clanless very humorous.  But as she gazed at him with those loving blue eyes that roved over his face adoringly, Rayek couldn't bring himself to say anything to censure her on the topic.  And when a moment later her smile widened just before she suggested playfully that they could start a new Lhoell clan of their own, Rayek became lost to the blissful thoughts of their children carrying on the Lhoell name.  The image that it presented in his mind was idyllic, and his own smile widened as well.

Then she sat up and turned to him, her hands rubbing along his neck.  Her touch an almost instant relief to his unrecognized stress, that collected in his neck and shoulders.   His posture relaxed some as he subconsciously leaned into her stroking hands ever so slightly, seeking her touch more.

"I would like that more than you can imagine, my love." he answered.  "You are far too good for me..."

For a long moment he said nothing more, simply enjoyed her hands working their magic upon him.  The actual end of the movie - credits and all - however reminded him that he needed ply Tess for more wedding details if he was going to enlist the aid of her older brother.

"So back to the wedding topic...  we have the beginnings of an invitation list..  we have the bracelets.. we have the name... I've already made inroads to procuring someone to officiate...  what else is there to plan?  Do Ba'ku hold a reception after the ceremony?   It was common thing for my people.  Food, drink and dancing all to excess..." Rayek grinned wondering what Tess might be like drunk... they'd seen what he was like he was curious about her drunken habits.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Tess Moreno

Rayek's loving words made her stomach flutter with enamored feelings. Her smile widened some more while she had noticed before that his muscles were quite tense. "You always find such sweet words for me", she said quietly as she looked him in the eyes, before she stopped the rubbing of her hands and instead leaned in to share a sweet loving kiss with him. When she pulled back, both her hands rested in the nape of his neck, rubbing it gently as she smiled brightly at him.

When he then moved the topic back to their wedding plans Tess shifted to sit behind him and started to massage and rub his neck and shoulders in a little more earnest as she listened to him. "Oh yes, Ba'ku really know how to celebrate actually", she said. "We hold a reception after the ceremony too. Then usually there is dinner and then dancing and celebration til midnight. At midnight is when Ba'ku have the wedding cake." She rubbed her thumbs gently along the tense muscles of his neck and shoulders. "What about Romulan tradition? And what does a Romulan wedding ceremony look like?", she asked curiously.

"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."

Rayek trLhoell

Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

As Tess moved to sit behind him, Rayek seemed a bit perplexed.  He adjusted his position to give her more room but wondered if he was supposed to stand up.  At least that's what he wondered until her hands at his nape began to massage at the muscles there.  She did this while answering his question.  He gave a soft happy sigh of contentment as her hands worked at the knots in his muscle.   He did his best to stay focused on her words rather than just her hands and how good they made him feel.

Rayek took note of the fact that there was cake - he wondered if it were similar to what was shown during the movie - and that it's cutting was at a specific time.  After midnight.  He would need to ensure Rahul had that taken into consideration.  He wondered if the cake had to be of a certain type.

He was about to ask when Tess questioned him first about Romulan traditions.

"The wedding ceremony is rather simple.  An exchange of vows and exchange of bracelets which represent those vows done in front of at least eight witnesses. The wedding itself is usually held at the city hall in front of a city official. A more religious couple will have it held at temple to the Elements by a priest.  It's at the wedding celebration afterwards that things generally get ... well celebratory - also with music, dance and food.  I don't recall cake being anything special, so that will be something new for me.  Attire wise, if it was held at the city hall and you were still in the military you would wear your dress uniform, if not then your best suit.  Some might have new suit made but I don't recall it being the ordeal that the movie showed.  If it was a temple wedding robes would be provided by the priests prior to the ceremony at the cleansing rituals.  Those involved days of fasting prior, hotspring baths and long meditations."

Rayek smiled towards Tess.  "While I do invoke the Elements on occasion, I am not overly religious so I do not require us both to go through a cleansing... though it might be nice to follow some of the customs."  The idea of a hotspring soak on the holodeck at the sulphur pools by the Fire Falls with Tess was very appealing.

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Deck Two - Executive Officers private quarters (shared with Rayek)](after S1Ep10) Stardate: 74738.5  (Sept 27th)

Tess listened with a decent amount of curiosity as Rayek told her about Romulan traditions while she kept smoothing out the knots in his muscle. She didn't even know why but she never had considered that Romulans could be religious people. But now that he mentioned it, Rayek really often invoked the Elements and their religion seemed to be based on a cult of these. For Tess it was very exciting to learn about it. Fasting, cleansing, meditation - she couldn't help but think that this sounded very Vulcan. Maybe there were some traditions that originated from a time when the two races had been one. Though Tess didn't ask, not right now, that is.

"This sounds very intriguing", she finally said, her thumbs rubbing firmly along his shoulder blades over the fabric of his top. "I would love to follow some of these traditions. I don't know much about Ba'ku wedding ceremonies but rather of Terran. I'd have to ask my father about them." Her hands made their way up to the nape of his neck again. "But I'd be totally happy with a Romulan ceremony." She let her hands slide forward and her arms wrap around his neck lightly as she leaned forward, her chest against his back and her chin resting of his right shoulder. "This all is so exciting", she murmured happily in his ear. "I jol-au, ciccino", she smiled and kissed his cheek.

Rayek trLhoell

Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek was loosening up more and more under her skillful hands as she commented back on his explanation of Romulan wedding rituals.  The tension that had built up in his shoulders over the past several days was slowly fading because of her loving attention and since they were alone in their quarters Rayek felt free enough to voice his appreciative groans of contentment at her massage efforts.

That she was happy to include some Romulan wedding traditions, for him, was so wonderful.  It highlighted her caring and thoughtful nature.   Her statement however that she would be happy with a Romulan ceremony however was unexpected.  He had just assumed that the ceremony would be mostly Terran - given that's where she'd grown up.   That was why he'd asked Lek to be his 'Bestman'.

Before he could comment on his surprise, she wrapped her arms about him from behind, which distracted him from pretty much any coherent thought in that moment.  Her happy murmured words at his ear prompted a wide smile.  He couldn't agree more.   She told him she loved him in quite fluent Romulan - she'd been practicing it lots he'd noticed - tacking on her favorite endearment for him.

Rayek half-twisted about to bring his arm about her waist, then pulled her across onto his lap being sure to place her face up.  He smiled down at her sprawled across his knees.  "And I love you and am wholly devoted to making you happy, e'lev.  If a Romulan ceremony is what you would like, I will see to it that Captain Arrun is versed on its details."  He ran a hand along her forehead, lightly brushing to the side a few of the stray stands of her hair that fell across her face.  His other hand found hers, twining his fingers with hers before bringing their paired hands to his lips to kiss the back of her hand.  "With you, I am happier than I have any real right to be.  I am so grateful for you in my life."

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Deck Two - Executive Officers private quarters (shared with Rayek)]
(after S1Ep10) Stardate: 74738.5  (Sept 27th)

As Tess had her arms wrapped around him from behind, snuggled up at him, she waited for him to return the endearment. Instead she felt him twist and then his arm wrapping about her. She let out a surprised little shriek as he pulled her across his lap. Laughing, she clinged to him so that she wouldn't slide off his lap. Looking up in that handsome face of his that looked so tenderly at her, Tess felt her heart clench with happiness.

He told her that he was devoted to make her happy and that she would get a Romulan wedding ceremony if she wanted one. She smiled as he stroked gently along her face and Tess couldn't resist to turn her head the slightest bit to place a quick soft kiss to his palm. The words he then said whlie she felt him place a kiss on their joined hands warmed her heart.

"If it's me who makes you happy then I have found meaning of my life", she whispered heart-felt words.
She kept on enjoying the little loving moment between them before she tried to focus her mind back on their wedding preparations. Shifting, she sat up but stayed on his lap, both her legs stretched out to one side as one of her arms was wrapped around his neck and she leaned her side into him lightly. She thought about what they had discussed for their ceremony for a moment, realizing that whatever she would say she wanted for her wedding, Rayek would try to find a way to make it happen. Another thing she realized was that she was acting like a kid in a candy shop in that regard - all of this was new and exciting and whatever she saw she wanted to have it. She would need to make up her mind what kind of wedding she wanted and which bits of tradition and rituals she wanted to have in there. She couldn't have all of them.

"I'm sorry, I realize I'm making this more difficult than it has to be", she finally said, looking at him as her hand scratched gently the short hair at the back of his neck. Chewing her lip, she looked down for a moment as she made up her mind. "I think I would be happy about a general Romulan ceremony but maybe with one bit of tradition or ritual from my Ba'ku home. And having Saqa7 with me as my maid of honor, there is a little bit of Terran tradition too." She looked at Rayek, searching his eyes. "Does that sound okay to you, love?"

Rayek trLhoell

Lt. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Deck Two - Executive Officers private quarters (shared with Rayek)](after S1Ep10) Stardate: 74738.5  (Sept 27th)

To hear that she found meaning in making him happy was thrilling and made him feel quite important.  And he smiled thinking how their love and happiness was circle.  She was happiest when making him happy and he was in turn was happy that she was happy and was devoted to continuing making her happy.   He mused on this as she sat up on his lap and he smiled wrapping a supporting arm around her back, even as she leaned on his chest.  He watched her as she seemed to be pensive for a moment.  He waited for her to speak.

When she commented that she was making this difficult, he shook his head, denying that claim silently.  He smiled patiently as she chewed her lip in thought, and continued to wait for her to decide.  Her eventual decision was met with a smile.  He liked the idea of combining the various traditions.  He nodded at her question and hugged her close before answering.  "That sounds like the perfect wedding."

Tess tLhoell

==TIME SKIP==
Lt. Cmdr. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Deck 15 - Holosuite]
(in early October 2397 - about a week after S2M1)

Tess waited inside the holosuite. As usual, she had arrived early to the time she was supposed to meet with Saqa7. The two friends wanted to pick a wedding dress for Tess today. Until last week Tess had been relatively relaxed about the topic, believing the wedding would be held on Meridian. Since she knew they had to depart in early December to reach Ba'ku for the wedding, she realized there wasn't that much time left to make arrangements if needed.

Tess stood near the arch as she looked around the hall with wide eyes. She felt quite excited and had to hold herself back from wandering about and look at the beautiful wedding dresses. But she wanted to do that together with her friend, so she waited for her to arrive.

Rayek trLhoell

NPC Lt jg Saqa7 Mountain-Kahn
[Katra Station - Deck 15 - Holosuite] (in early October 2397 - about a week after S2M1)

As the official 'Matron of Honour' - she was a married woman afterall, widowed or not - Saqa7 had scoured the station's shop registry to find out if anyone supplied bridal gowns or if they'd have to take a trip to DS9 to order gowns.  Amazingly, she was informed by the computer that the locally owned and run Movel Uniform Care and Repair shop was also a tailor/seamstress shop for all manner of clothes - especially formal wear and gowns.  Saqa7 had gone there earlier on that week to see what their selection was like and was informed by the teenage Romulan girl working there at the time that her mother had the designs for literally thousands of wedding gowns from all cultures.  She had given Saqa7 the directory listing for a holodeck program to look over and informed her to give a call if the bride wanted assistance in picking out a dress. If not, then simply have the bride come in to the shop with the design number so her measurements could be scanned and the dress could replicated to a perfect fit.  Or if a more personal touch was wanted the dress could be made by hand.  Some people still liked that authentic craftsmanship.

Saqa7 had passed this info onto Tess and sure enough Tess had jumped at the chance to try on wedding dresses.  This was going to be so much fun!

When Saqa7 arrived outside the holodeck she found the program already running.  She laughed, but then recalled how eager she'd been for her own wedding.  Stepping inside, Saqa7 looked about in amazement at all the white.  "Oh my.. this could take some time to look through"

She walked over to Tess and grinned like a school-girl gushing over her first crush.  "Are you ready to try on some dresses?" she asked rhetorically.  She laughed. "First things first.  Computer.  Add a bottle of champagne and a bowl of chocolate dipped strawberries." she announced.  Then gave Tess another wide grin.  "If we're gonna do this... we have to do it with all the luxurious trappings.  Oh! Before we begin, did you want the seamstress here - to help suggest dresses that would suit your physique or do you think we can handle it on our own?" 

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Cmdr. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Deck 15 - Holosuite]

At the sound of the doors opening Tess turned around and found her friend entering. At Saqa7's cheeky and excited grin Tess couldn't help but reciprocate one of her own. "I know, right?!", Tess laughed at her friend's comment that it could take some time to look through all the awesome dresses. "I'm so ready!"

At Saqa7's order there was a quite bleep and a table appeared with two glasses of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on it.

"Now, that's how I imagined it to be!" Tess walked over and picked up the glasses of champagne and handed one to her friend. "Cheers! So that we may find THE dress." Tess clinked her glass with Saqa7's and sipped the drink. It tasted slightly sweet and sour and was very refreshing. Tess picked up one of the strawberries and munched on it when Saqa7 asked if she wanted to have a seamstress to help suggest dresses that would suit her best. "Oh, yes, I think that is a good idea. I have no clue at all about dress proportions and that kinda stuff."

"Computer. Add a bridal seamstress."

The computer bleeped again, and a rather mature seamstress appeared, looking at the girls with a motherly smile.

"Hello, darlings!", the seamstress greeted them with apparent pleasure. "My name is Martha and I'm here to help you find your dress for the most special day in every girl's life. Now, who of you both sweethearts is the bride-to-be?"

Tess raised her hand. "That would be me. I'm Tess. And this is Saqa7, my matron of honor and dear friend." She smiled. "We might need some advice on what kind of dresses would suit me ... or rather which wouldn't."

Martha approached Tess, looking at her now with the eyes of the seamstress she was. "Turn around for me, honey, will you", she said in apparent concentration.

Tess nodded and started to turn around slowly until she was facing Martha again. The seamstress smiled knowingly. "I've got good news for you, darling. With your body shape you can wear any dress shape you like, they will all look gogeous on you! You've got a fair complexion, I would recommend ivory for the dress' color." Martha put her fingers on her mouth as she looked at Tess, gauging. "You look like a classic/romantic bride to me."

Rayek trLhoell

NPC Lt jg Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[Katra Station - Deck 15 - Holosuite](early October 2397 - about a week after S2M1)

When the champagne and strawberries appeared, Saqa7 was happy that Tess approved.  She picked up her own glass and toasted a successful dress hunt along with Tess.  Their glasses clinked and she took a much larger swallow of the bubbly champagne than her friend.

Her suggestion of a seamstress was complete misunderstood as Tess called on the Computer to add a holodeck character.  Saqa7 had meant to call on the Romulan seamstress that had suggested the holosuite but this worked just as well she supposed.  The 'matron' of honor grinned and watched, sipping more conservatively at her drink, while Tess was told to turn around so the seamstress could assess her figure.

Saqa7 honestly wished she had a figure half as good as Tess'.  She recognized that her own figure was more on the plump side and wondered if for the wedding she should put more effort into exercising more regularly.

The suggestion of ivory as a color seemed about right to Tess.  But look quizzical at the seamstress' comment about Tess looking like a classic/romantic bride.    "So what does that actually mean for dress style?"

Despite being married, Saqa7 hadn't had a 'white dress' wedding instead she'd worn a buckskin beaded dress to honor the culture she'd grown up with.  Jureena had worn her Fleet dress whites.  Saqa7 smiled to herself recalling how breath-taking Jureena had looked then.  Neither of them had been a 'white dress' sort of bride.  Wiping moisture from her eye at the memory, Saqa7 turned her attention back to Tess.  This was for her.

"Can You show us a few examples?"

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Cmdr. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Holodeck]

Tess noticed her friend taking a way larger gulp of the champagne than she had. "Someone being thirsty there?", Tess grinned.

She then listened with great interest at what the seamstress had to say about her - and found herself just as clueless as her friend. When Saqa7 asked what that would actually mean for the dress style, Martha gave them a knowing motherly smile.

"A classic bride prefers traditional cuts and fabrics. They like things that never go out of fashion, things that are simple but elegant and refined." She smiled at Tess. "This type of bride will likely choose a dress with a submarine or V-neck and a veil and jewellery with pearls or diamonds."

Martha beckoned them to follow her to one of the hanging rails. She looked through it briefly and then showed them a few dresses.

"The romantic brides however are more delicate and simple. They often choose dresses in tulle or chiffon with romantic lace and embroidery with floral motifs." Martha waved them over to another clothing rail.

Tess' eyes were sparkling. She knew those were only examples to give them an idea of what Martha thought would be a suitable dress for Tess. They all looked so beautiful! It would be so hard to pick one.

Tess turned to her friend, excitement written all over her face. "What do you think which style would suit me better?"

Rayek trLhoell

NPC Lt jg Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[Katra Station - Deck 15 - Holosuite](early October 2397 - about a week after S2M1)

Saqa7 glanced towards Tess at her comment about being thirsty, and smiled.  "Nah, I'm just a little nervous.  Drinking helps with that."

The native woman listened as the seamstress Martha described both the classical style and the romantic style to the two women.

Saqa7 favored the more traditional fabrics and cuts, but Tess wasn't Saqa7.  Tess was definitely more romantic style.  "You definitely need something with more flow to it.. you are not a heavy brocade type."

Saqa7 could so see Tess in waves of chiffon.  "Oh, and something with a low neckline or off the shoulder.. maybe even an open back."

Tess tLhoell

Lt. Cmdr. Tess Moreno
[Katra Station - Holodeck]

Tess regarded her friend at her remark, turning to her more fully now. "Nervous?", she asked with a soft smile.

She listened with great interest as Saqa7 offered her opinion on what kind of dress Tess would suit. "I like what you said with the flow. And also the low neckline or open back." She grinned and then bit her lip as she thought. "Well, I do like the lace and floral motifs."

Tess started to look through some of the dresses.

She turned back to Saqa7. "What do you think Rayek would like?" It was her wedding dress and she should like it but she also wanted to see Rayek's jaw drop when he saw her in the dress at their wedding day.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.