Old Friends (Liv & Judy)

Started by Judith Eastman, January 18, 2020, 10:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

" There's plenty to choose from and I'm sure he will" Liv replied, sincerely as they moved away from the ring toss. The sideshows and games were always a favourite of hers and she was happy enough to try a few more, before they decided whether to make a pit stop for refreshment or try a couple of more rides.

So when Judy asked her to lead the way and that they would follow, she smiled, noticing how they held hands as she then walked ahead a little, before coming across, one of the shooting games.

" How about this?".

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

A cocky grin crossed Judy's face at the sight of the shooting game.

"I was pretty good at hitting targets back in my day. This will be a walk in the park," she commented. "Prepare to get pulverized."

She made gun hands, and then kissed those.

At last, she was up, going first of their group and living up to her boasts.

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

At first Liv didn't know what to say to Judy's boasts, before deciding to stay quiet for the time being, to see what happened and if she would live up to what she had said. Thinking it was definitely going to be interesting as Judy approached the game first.

" This is just one of the reasons, why I like her so much" she said, quietly to Max as they waited to see how Judy did.

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

Max nodded to Liv in agreement as Judy took to the game with her posture slightly hunched forward, eyes narrowed in concentration.
And then, she proceeded to take out her targets one by one, until attaining a convincing victory and a suitable prize for it - a bag of chocolates.

"Liv, I'm afraid this prize is for you," she quipped, as she stood back. "Now, would you like to try?"

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

Judy certainly didn't waste any time in popping off a number of shots that easily took out the targets, before succeeding in winning a prize. Although Liv was taken aback slightly when Judy then offered the chocolates to her.

" Thankyou" she replied, before she was asked if she would like to try.

" Sure I'm game".

Liv then moved forward to take her turn, aiming with the skill she had picked up from Kyle. However she did miss one target and another, but did win a novelty targ ornament.

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

"Well done," Judy congratulated Liv, as Max then took to the shooting. "Now comes the weak link."

Judy caught the reflection of Max's determined look, and his eyebrows, as he went and replicated her feat. This time, he got a rather large stuffed Sehlat.

"M'lady," he teased, as he offered it to Judy.
"Where did you learn to do that?" she asked, as she took it in her arm.

"Sometimes, I think I'm better than him, and then he does this."

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

" Thanks Judy" Liv replied as her friend congratulated her, before she commented about Max. However Liv didn't think he would be the weakest link, not after what had happened on the ring toss. So when the Chef, succeeded in scoring high and won a large stuffed Sehlat, Liv grinned, especially at Judy's reaction to his gift.

" My late Dad used to say never underestimate anyone or think you're better than them, but nice one Max, Judy's face was a picture when you won that".

Spurred on by Max's success, Liv decided to have another go, thinking that the novelty Targ ornament would serve as a reminder, before she put it down to pick up the gun. This time she was able to hit all of the targets, earning herself a medium sized stuffed dinosaur.

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

"On the other hand, it's more fun to be underestimated. That's how you can surprise people for the better," Max observed.
"And I happen to like being surprised. It's nice when Max shows me just one more reason I'm the luckiest woman in the quadrant," Judy agreed.
"And since you like surprises, I'll surprise you by showing you how well I can play this game - with a Professor on my back," Max then suggested, after seeing Liv improve her performance, which of course he and Judy were both impressed by.

Judy hopped onto Max's back, and the chef tried to win again. This time, he missed three targets, earning the smallest prize - cheap sunglasses.

"A lot of men his age would be physically broken," Judy commented to Liv, her pride in her man very evident. "This one is special."

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

" That's very true and I agree with how fun it is to be surprised".

Liv was honest with her response, before the married couple, surprised her once more as Judy got onto Max's back to take another turn.

She was definitely missing Kyle, but it was nice to see them working together, as they then won a pair of sunglasses. Clutching her prizes, Liv smiled as Judy then proudly complimented Max.

" I agree, he is and so is Kyle .... so were would you like to go next, maybe a refreshment break?".

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

"That's a good idea," Judy agreed with Liv. "I imagine there's one very tired trophy husband in our group."

They began to walk towards a refreshment stand, one with a little bar included and some ice cream on sale.

"You two can drink up as much as you'd like. I'm the designated driver by necessity."

It was a little hard not to admire Judy's ability to make the best of her medical situation.

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

" I'm definitely ready for a break and to sit down for a little bit" Liv replied, honestly as they made their way over to a refreshment stand.

Upon spotting the little bar and the ice cream on offer, Liv picked up the cocktail menu as Judy spoke about being the designated driver. Considering her health issues and her situation, Liv appreciated that she was comfortable enough to make the best of it all.

" Its appreciated Judy and I think I'll have the chocolate dream, booze and ice cream, a great combination".

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

"I think I'll have the affogato," Max told them as he too examined the menu.
"That was my drink!" Judy objected. "That was my fix for many, many years, just without the booze. You're evil."
"It's the only way I can keep up with you," the chef countered.

Judy took a seat on one of the stools, and Max followed suit.

"So, Liv, I managed to tire you out, huh?" Judy asked their young guest, teasingly.

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

As the couple teased one another, over Max's choice of drink, Liv smiled as she placed her order for the chocolate dream cocktail. She definitely deserved a treat and combining two of her favourite things was going to be worth it.

When Judy then teased her about tiring her out, Liv looked to her friend and grinned, as she sat down on one of the stools.

" A little but it's all good and I'm having a lot of fun, this drink will soon add to that and well worth the rest break".

Judith Eastman

[Adventure Park]

"I'm just gloating a little bit, considering I'm twice your age," Judy replied, as Max placed his order. "And, in fact, I'm willing to give you one of my secrets to aging gracefully."

Judy made an exaggerated throat-clearing sound, and then began.

"What I do is this: I always listen to my doctors very carefully and attentively, and then, at the first sign of aging, I replace them."

Olivia Briggs

[Adventure Park]

Liv's full attention was on Judy as the older woman, admitted that she was just gloating a little. Understanding her reasoning behind it as Max placed his order and she offered up some advice.

Grinning at the way she cleared her throat loudly before she shared the information with Liv.

It was classic Judy and still grinned as she responded.

" I definitely have to remember that one".

Liv then received her cocktail, complete with whipped cream and chocolate pieces.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.