Here's To Us (Open to all crew)

Started by Katheryn Brighton, August 14, 2018, 12:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katheryn Brighton

[Holodeck]

With the latest influx of new crew members as well as enduring several tough missions of late, Katheryn had decided as SO to throw an informal get together in order for everyone to meet properly and to also relax and unwind. The programme was up and running complete with everything you could possibly need when it came to the beach including tables filled with food and drinks as well as entertainment in the form of a holographic band based on several Earth favourites.

The invitations had been sent out to all crew and she herself was already dressed for the occasion in a white bikini with matching wrap. Now all she needed was for the others to arrive including her husband and children who would be joining them for an hour or so before Al took them back to their quarters.

Satisfied that she hadn't missed anything, the COS stood by the greeting area and waited.

Academy Commandant

Arrun Dihsar

[Holodeck]

An archway shimmered into existence and opened at the edge of the beach. When the doors opened, the Bajoran pilot stepped out clad in only light blue swimming trunks with snow-white Bajoran lettering wrapping the right thigh; a silver earring hanging tightly from his right ear sparkling in the sunlight. "Good day Lieutenant Commander!" He waved and walked away from the arch to allow it to fade out. "I am not too early am i?" He looked around the beach with raised eyebrows in mild concern.

Angel Romero

[Holodeck]

Angel had never been one to be nervous meeting new people. He tended to thrive on it. So, his coming aboard the Athena had been an adventure, and now the adventure was about to get even better. He'd received an invitation to a sort of meet and greet, organized by the ships second officer. From what he could tell it was being held in a holodeck recreation of a beach scene, and that just made all the difference.

Walking through the large doors of the holodeck he was dressed in a pair of blue swim trunks. The bright sunlight shone down on his olive skin, giving it a golden sheen, and making him squint a bit as well. Looking around he noticed that he was not the first to arrive, and saw the other two standing off to one side conversing. One was the hostess, dressed in white bikini, and the other was the ship's helmsman, a Bajoran man, dressed in light blue swim trunks and a Bajoran earring.

Striding towards them he smiled, "Hola, mis amigos!", he said as he approached. "This is a beautiful beach, ma'am! You did a great job. Reminds me of home.", he added, addressing that part to the second officer.

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

[Mess Hall]

Ash glanced at the two large baskets in front of her and nodded to herself. She had spent the past twenty minutes packing a wide assortment of treats for the little event that Mrs. Brighton had organized. The woman had told her not to worry about catering the event, and she was glad for the break... But she still wanted to bring something.

Both of the baskets were filled to the brim solely with cookies and tarts and brownies of every shape and flavor imaginable, and Ash had been excercising great self control in an effort not to eat any of them ahead of time. She flipped the lids of the baskets closed and hefted them onto her arms, exclaiming slightly at their weight. Doing her best to position her load comfortably, she shifted the baskets, then made her way out of the room.

[Holodeck]

Ash stepped through the doorway into the sand and immediately kicked her sandals off so that the hot sand could comfortably sear the soles of her feet and work its way between her toes. She set down her baskets and immediately sighed with relief, stretching her arms over her head and turning her face up to soak in the sunlight.

Ash had donned a red sundress, the cotton hem falling to just above her knees. If she turned around, people would notice that the back of the dress was nonexistant, leaving the back ties of her bathing suit top visible for all to see. She took a few steps towards the water, smiling in anticipation, before she looked over to where people were already beginning to gather. Ash waved an arm in a greeting, then moved back to the heavy baskets.

Katheryn Brighton

[Holodeck]

Katheryn looked over as the doors to the holodeck swished open and smiled as she saw Arrun enter and walk over to her. " Good day to you too Lieutenant and no not at all you're right on time " she replied politely as they were then joined by their newest cadet Mr Romero.

Again she smiled as he also greeted them before he complimented Katheryn on her choice of venue and how it reminded her of home. " Hello Cadet and thank you, I thought the beach would be perfect for everyone to relax and unwind" she said before looking at them both.

" With us being off duty, I have no problem with either of you calling me either by my first name or married name if you like as I want this to be informal and not worry about rank" she said with a smile as the doors opened once more to reveal Ash carrying two large baskets.

Waving back, Katheryn noticed her go back to the baskets she had brought in and looked at Arrun and Angel once more. " I'll be back in a moment as it appears Ash needs some assistance with some baskets, feel free to help yourselves to a drink and snacks".

She then began walking over towards Ash.

Academy Commandant

Arrun Dihsar

Quote from: Angel Romero on August 15, 2018, 01:24:51 AM

[Holodeck]

Angel had never been one to be nervous meeting new people. He tended to thrive on it. So, his coming aboard the Athena had been an adventure, and now the adventure was about to get even better. He'd received an invitation to a sort of meet and greet, organized by the ships second officer. From what he could tell it was being held in a holodeck recreation of a beach scene, and that just made all the difference.

Walking through the large doors of the holodeck he was dressed in a pair of white and pink board shorts, and a pair of white flip flops, with a soccer ball held against his right hip. The bright sunlight shone down on his olive skin, giving it a golden sheen, and making him squint a bit as well. Looking around he noticed that he was not the first to arrive, and saw the other two standing off to one side conversing. One was the hostess, dressed in white bikini, and the other was the ship's helmsman, a Bajoran man, dressed in light blue swim trunks and a Bajoran earring.

Striding towards them he smiled, "Hola, mis amigos!", he said as he approached. "This is a beautiful beach, ma'am! You did a great job. Reminds me of home.", he added, addressing that part to the second officer.

[Holodeck]

"Hello to you as well friend," Arrun returned the man's greeting with a smile and a nod of his head, vaguely not recalling the man's name without uniform or his face being familiar from Flight; one of Lieutenant Siguardsdottir's officers if his memory was right.

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on August 15, 2018, 09:47:43 AM

[Holodeck]

Katheryn looked over as the doors to the holodeck swished open and smiled as she saw Arrun enter and walk over to her. " Good day to you too Lieutenant and no not at all you're right on time " she replied politely as they were then joined by their newest cadet Mr Romero.

Again she smiled as he also greeted them before he complimented Katheryn on her choice of venue and how it reminded her of home. " Hello Cadet and thank you, I thought the beach would be perfect for everyone to relax and unwind" she said before looking at them both.

" With us being off duty, I have no problem with either of you calling me either by my first name or married name if you like as I want this to be informal and not worry about rank" she said with a smile as the doors opened once more to reveal Ash carrying two large baskets.

Waving back, Katheryn noticed her go back to the baskets she had brought in and looked at Arrun and Angel once more. " I'll be back in a moment as it appears Ash needs some assistance with some baskets, feel free to help yourselves to a drink and snacks".

She then began walking over towards Ash.

Arrun turned and saw the Lieutenant Commander walk over to Ash, and smiled at the dress the charming mess hall manger wore. He blinked for a moment to shake himself out of gazing at the pair of women preparing for everyone else. He recalled he still hadn't introduced himself to the young man next to him. "Sorry, I am Lieutenant Dihsar Arrun, Department Head of the Flight Department, on-duty feel free to address me as Lieutenant or Lieutenant Dihsar." He clasped his hands in front of him, turned to put the sun behind him, and shrugged his shoulders at the building heat on his back; he disliked heat more than even most Bajorans: coming from a icy world more akin to Andoria. But, he had read a good department head learned to socialize with other departments as well. Didn't hurt he got to see Ash in a less formal setting, or perhaps even Susie for that matter. "Off-duty, feel free to just call me Arrun. Please forgive me, but I do not recall your name. You work under Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir?" He asked, not knowing the make up of the Science Department aboard, a thing he hoped to correct sooner rather than later.

Steve Marshall

Holo Deck

Steve got an invite on his personal computer to attend a beach themed party. It felt like the perfect time to let some steam off. He hadn't long got off duty and decided to take a shower. The water was hot and refreshing after an extremely busy day. He was thinking about the laughs he had with Charlie the security officer that had been teamed  up with him on Patrol of the ships. He realised deep down the more time he spent with her the more he enjoyed her company.

Going to wardrobe he chose a white three quarter length shorts and colourful Hawaiian shirt. It wasn't some thing that he felt comfortabl with but after all it was a beech party after all. He had hoped that Charlie would be there. He decided to drop a message to her inviting her to the beach party on the holodeck he checked on Milo his pet bellied pig he was curled up in his basket sleeping petting him on the head he fed the sleeping boy and then headed out. He got some cursory looks from on duty personal that new him he gave them the broadest grin as if to say " I don't actually care I am off duty".

He reached the holodeck and entered the beach party was in full swing with a number of senior personal roaming around. some he knew and some he didn't. Heading to the bar he ordered  a beer. The weather was warm and the breeze was pleasant. He looked around the beach for Charlie but it was clear she wasn't yet there. May be she wasn't interested or had a date.  Being a security officer he never truly felt of duty and watched as people talked and laughed. The resort staff  consisted of different races some he knew and some he didn't.

With in the confines of the holodeck program he couldn't believe the great lengths of details that went into making a stretch beach feel like home. It was surly Star fleets greatest assets on Federation ships and stations. Steve senses heightened as he spotted a crew member in the crowed he didn't know. She looked out of place and seemed nervous in the environment. He dismissed for now as he was supposed to be having fun. For now he put the unknown person to the back of his mind for now for further analyse.

Steve wondered over to a few people he knew and started to have a little fun. still hoping for a Sighting of Charlie.

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

[Holodeck]

Ash leaned down to pick up her sandals, snagging her fingers through the straps in a fluid motion, then straightened to find Mrs. Brighton moving towards her. Ash beamed at the woman and waited a few seconds for her to cross the sand, then moved to offer her a hug. "This was a brilliant idea you had. It's been ages since we've done something like this as a crew - and we could definitely use the chance to unwind."

Ash herself had been rather looking forward to today. Not just for the chance to lie out on a blanket with her book (and discover whether or not one could actually be sunburnt in a holodeck), but also to spend some time with Arrun that wasn't professional, life-threatening, or all of the above. She thought their friendship could use a little normal for once. And the water... She itched to wade out into the gentle waves and let them lap against her legs, but she knew there would be time for that later.

For now, she needed help moving her loot. "I hope you don't mind that I brought some treats for everyone? I know you said I didn't need to worry about food, but..." Ash trailed off, shrugging. The lure of the sweets had been too strong. She figured that, of all the people on the ship, Mrs. Brighton would be most likely to understand, as she had frequently requested them during her pregnancy. "Where did you want to move these?"

Caleb Brighton

[ Holodeck]

Caleb sang quietly as he prepared the stroller and bag for the twins. He had taken all the precautions needed to ensure the twin's first outing was not going to be without the needed supplies. It was a holodeck for sure, but he still wanted his children to have a good time. "Alright you two. Time to say hello to everyone" He said with a smile. He places Elise in one seat of the stroller and then Aleksander in the other. Once they were secured, he began to push them toward the entrance of the holodeck. The hover stroller was going to be a blessing once the trio got to the sand. Once the sterile halls of the Athena faded away, Caleb moved with a bit of pep in his step as the sands of the beach appeared. He moved along and tried to make his children laugh with the way he moved the stroller, but not too much to make them sick. He was looking to find Katheryn. Once he saw her from a distance away he smiled. "Look it's Momma!" He said to the twins as he moved closer. He then sneaked up behind his wife and covered her eyes with his hands. "Guess who," He stated in a playful voice.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on August 17, 2018, 08:30:23 PM

[Holodeck]

Ash leaned down to pick up her sandals, snagging her fingers through the straps in a fluid motion, then straightened to find Mrs. Brighton moving towards her. Ash beamed at the woman and waited a few seconds for her to cross the sand, then moved to offer her a hug. "This was a brilliant idea you had. It's been ages since we've done something like this as a crew - and we could definitely use the chance to unwind."
For now, she needed help moving her loot. "I hope you don't mind that I brought some treats for everyone? I know you said I didn't need to worry about food, but..." Ash trailed off, shrugging. The lure of the sweets had been too strong. She figured that, of all the people on the ship, Mrs. Brighton would be most likely to understand, as she had frequently requested them during her pregnancy. "Where did you want to move these?"

[Holodeck]

Katheryn smiled as Ash noticed her before accepting the other woman's hug as she then complimented the COS for arranging this for everyone. " Thank you although I had some input from Caleb as to which beach we used and I agree it has been and we definitely all need some relax and unwind time " she replied letting the Mess Hall Manager go.

When Ash then spoke about the treats that she had brought and that she hoped that Katheryn didn't mind, Katheryn smiled once more and put her friend at ease. " I don't mind at all Ash, I think its an awesome idea that you had to bring some as I'm sure the crew won't pass up the chance to have some, me included " she said as she prepared to help with the baskets.

" As for where we can put them, there's a small group of tables not far from here so they can go there".

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on August 17, 2018, 09:03:38 PM

[ Holodeck]

Caleb sang quietly as he prepared the stroller and bag for the twins. He had taken all the precautions needed to ensure the twin's first outing was not going to be without the needed supplies. It was a holodeck for sure, but he still wanted his children to have a good time. "Alright you two. Time to say hello to everyone" He said with a smile. He places Elise in one seat of the stroller and then Aleksander in the other. Once they were secured, he began to push them toward the entrance of the holodeck. The hover stroller was going to be a blessing once the trio got to the sand. Once the sterile halls of the Athena faded away, Caleb moved with a bit of pep in his step as the sands of the beach appeared. He moved along and tried to make his children laugh with the way he moved the stroller, but not too much to make them sick. He was looking to find Katheryn. Once he saw her from a distance away he smiled. "Look it's Momma!" He said to the twins as he moved closer. He then sneaked up behind his wife and covered her eyes with his hands. "Guess who," He stated in a playful voice.

However before she could pick up one of the baskets, her vision was impaired when her eyes were covered by very familiar soft yet strong hands followed by the voice of her husband being playful. " Hmmm I wonder who it could be " she teased before she took hold of Caleb's hands and moved them away from her eyes. Squinting slightly as they readjusted to the light of the holodeck, she turned and smiled at her husband.

" I'm glad that you're here and I hope the twins have been behaving for you " she said looking over at her children who looked quite happy in their stroller. " I was just about to help Ash carry one of these baskets filled with sweet treats" she explained then turned to Ash.

" Once we deliver these you're welcome to have twin cuddles " she offered knowing the Elise and Aleksander loved to be held.

Academy Commandant

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Steve Marshall on August 17, 2018, 07:26:05 AM

Holo Deck

Steve wondered over to a few people he knew and started to have a little fun. still hoping for a Sighting of Charlie.

[AS NPC CHARLIE MUNRO]
[Charlie's quarters]
Charlie had got the invite to the beach party and decided to go for the bikini under with top and capri pants over... not too much flesh on show unless she wanted to go in the water.  Picking up her bag with a towel and headed to the holodeck.

[Holodeck]

Once there she made herself known to her boss who was busy with Ashley the mess hall manager by waving over and smiling then finding herself a spot to sit on her towel, flipping off her flip flops and donning her shades.

Spotting Steve wandering around like a lost sheep in the most colourful hawaiian shirt she'd ever seen, she smiled and called over "Looking for God?, The Holy Grail? A decent drink?  Me??   Bring over a Pina Colada and I've got a spare towel if you want a chat Steve!" she said grinning.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

[Holodeck Entrance]

Ruth steeled herself, she hated sand and sun with a passion, however, she did like the COS and Dr.Brighton and couldn't wait to have cuddles with the Brighton's new twins.

She had gone for a pretty look in a peach short mini dress with full sleeves and shoes that were less likely to have her feet itching with hot sand, and she hoped she wouldn't have to sit on it.

Juggling the gifts she'd brought since she hadn't had time to bring them to the Brightons before hand.  The wolf plushies probably as large as the twins where cumbersome to carry with the rest of the things but one under each arm did it as she stepped through into the bright light.

Spotting the Brightons she said "Belated congrats on the twins, could someone take these...one each for the twins, we have wolves in Norway where I grew up and I thought they'd like them... once they're out I can get at your gifts and Ash... hope you don't mind I brought some petits fours and chocolates, if you can take that box dangling by one finger..."

Once relieved of those she dug into her beach bag.

"Doctor, for you..." Ruth handed him a box which contained...

"Ah..." she looked embarrassed.  "I had to guess at your size, cuz I tooled it myself.  It's a Viking skill. And for Mrs. Brighton..."

The box was somewhat smaller but tied with a deep blue ribbon bow.  In it nestled a pewter charm on a leather thong.

"It's a wolf but also a triskele which is one of the symbols for Freya, the all-mother.  She will look after you, but with it being a wolf and me giving the wolves to the twins, it's also a plea for her to watch over them too.  I don't know if you follow any belief system but this is my beliefs and it's our tradition to bless the mothers... so... and if you don't it's a pretty bit of jewellery, yes.  I also made this.. that's why it's taken me so long to get them to you!"

She looked around.  "Also... anywhere to sit that's not on the sand? Viking, sun, sand.... like a Viking and garlic!" she giggled.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Arrun Dihsar

[Holodeck Beach]

After introducing himself to the rather rambunctious science officer, Arrun looked over at the procession of crew coming in for the photonic shore leave. He watched as Ash and Katheryn gathered sweets and prepared to set them out; he smiled as the Brighton twins hovered in with their likely bemused faces at the sun and sea and sand; he avoided eye contact with Doctor Brighton, as he still hadn't gotten an appointment arranged with him; he chuckled as he saw Ruth shower the Brightons with gift for them and their children; then, he took a nice deep calming breath of the seaside air. Though he was feeling peaks of tension with seeing so many of his fellow crew about he knew so little of, it felt nice to see them all happy and not in danger; as seemed to be the case with their duties in the last while.

Angel Romero

Quote from: Arrun Dihsar on August 15, 2018, 11:16:06 AM

"Off-duty, feel free to just call me Arrun. Please forgive me, but I do not recall your name. You work under Lieutenant Sigurdsdottir?" He asked, not knowing the make up of the Science Department aboard, a thing he hoped to correct sooner rather than later.

"No problem, there's a lot of people to remember. I'm Angel Romero, but just call me Angel, and yes, I do work under her. I'm her new victi... uhhh... I mean cadet...", he replied, accidentally slipping the playful way she referred to him into his introduction, and holding out his hand for a friendly shake.

As Angel still stood in conversation he heard the voice of his previous boss coming from somewhere behind him, and turned. Seeing Ruth standing off to one side, talking, and apparently giving gifts, he smiled. She was a nice person, and he was thankful he'd ended up working under her instead of someone a lot less patient, and a lot less personable. Excusing himself from the conversation he had been in, he walked away, and approached Ruth, stopping by the refreshments table to grab a Cuba Libre on the way. Moving slowly to allow her to finish her own conversation, he waited until she was done, and spoke up.

"Hi there, Lieutenant! I hope you are enjoying yourself.", he said, and then gave her a very obvious once over. "Looking good by the way, peach really suits you!", he added, taking a sip of his drink through the red straw.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on August 18, 2018, 06:49:59 PM

[Holodeck Entrance]

Ruth steeled herself, she hated sand and sun with a passion, however, she did like the COS and Dr.Brighton and couldn't wait to have cuddles with the Brighton's new twins.

She had gone for a pretty look in a peach short mini dress with full sleeves and shoes that were less likely to have her feet itching with hot sand, and she hoped she wouldn't have to sit on it.

Juggling the gifts she'd brought since she hadn't had time to bring them to the Brightons before hand.  The wolf plushies probably as large as the twins where cumbersome to carry with the rest of the things but one under each arm did it as she stepped through into the bright light.

Spotting the Brightons she said "Belated congrats on the twins, could someone take these...one each for the twins, we have wolves in Norway where I grew up and I thought they'd like them... once they're out I can get at your gifts and Ash... hope you don't mind I brought some petits fours and chocolates, if you can take that box dangling by one finger..."

Once relieved of those she dug into her beach bag.

"Doctor, for you..." Ruth handed him a box which contained...

"Ah..." she looked embarrassed.  "I had to guess at your size, cuz I tooled it myself.  It's a Viking skill. And for Mrs. Brighton..."

The box was somewhat smaller but tied with a deep blue ribbon bow.  In it nestled a pewter charm on a leather thong.

"It's a wolf but also a triskele which is one of the symbols for Freya, the all-mother.  She will look after you, but with it being a wolf and me giving the wolves to the twins, it's also a plea for her to watch over them too.  I don't know if you follow any belief system but this is my beliefs and it's our tradition to bless the mothers... so... and if you don't it's a pretty bit of jewellery, yes.  I also made this.. that's why it's taken me so long to get them to you!"

She looked around.  "Also... anywhere to sit that's not on the sand? Viking, sun, sand.... like a Viking and garlic!" she giggled.

As she was about to pick up the second basket, Katheryn saw Charlie, recognising her immediately from her department as she checked in with her before heading over to someone she had seen arrive a bit earlier and knew that she would need to speak to Marshall at some point. The reason being was that she hadn't met him properly yet due to circumstances that hadn't given the opportunity and it was one she was going to rectify.

Then Ruth arrived and made a beeline straight for their small group with her hands full and once she got nearer understood what she had been carrying. Thinking it was very thoughtful of her to give the twins a wolf plushie each but was slightly overwhelmed when she spoke to Ash before handing gifts over to her and Caleb.

Listening as she explained the reasoning behind them and how she had handmade the necklace and Caleb's gift and it reminded her of her own Nordic upbringing, the stories and beliefs passed onto her by her Grandmother and the wolves that would often visit her home.

" Thank you Ruth, its very thoughtful of you and I love it as will the twins with theirs when they get older " she replied " I understand the meaning behind these as I am from Eidfjord originally and my Grandmother instilled in me all of her Viking beliefs as well as her love for Wolves and she also refused to call my anything other than my middle name of Lagertha".

At the mention of where she could sit due to sun and sand, again she understood what she meant and smiled again as she replied. " Yes I know what you mean and we have a covered seating area next to the food and drink tent which is where we'll be heading shortly".

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.