Double Premartial Views (Nira and Dranik mainly, but open to all)

Started by Nira Said, September 04, 2020, 09:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dranik

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Forward Lounge | Deck Six | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Nira had to chuckle. Ciavil sounded like the sort of woman to keep someone in line, especially if it was somebody from an especially aggressive race, like Klingons or Nausicaans or, in Dranik's case, Hirogen.

"That's good of you," said Nira. "Sounds like you and Dranik were made for each other."

"It's funny. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who ever really sees his gentle side. I mean, we're having a baby together so it's to be expected but still. I don't know why he chose to open up that side of himself to me in the first place."
TWO HOURS EARLIER...

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Nira's Forensics Lab | Deck Eleven | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

"Fascinating," said Nira. "They sound like they're an especially isolating species; they keep to their territory and don't appreciate people coming across their territory, peaceful, hostile or otherwise. Like the Tholians and the Breen. And if they left their home planet once every two years, the Borg might have come across them as a chance encounter."

Nira then pulled up another one...this one that had her particular attention: a biped with tentacles where a mouth and nose should have been.

"What about this one? Do you recognize this?"

Dranik squinted and took a very close look at this one. "From what I recall, I believe this is a member of a species known as a "Dralvonion". A mostly peaceful race which splintered into two separate races many years ago. A large group left the planet when they found they were unable to peacefully settle differences between their two factions. Rather than going to war, the opposite faction settled on a planet away from their home planet. Both factions seemed relatively non violent. They mostly support themselves through growing foods and developing technologies for other races. From what I heard, both species are eager to meet new races. Last I heard they were trying to settle their differences and reunite as a single race but that was years ago."
Hirogen Male

Nira Said

Quote from: Dranik on September 14, 2020, 11:07:50 PM

"It's funny. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who ever really sees his gentle side. I mean, we're having a baby together so it's to be expected but still. I don't know why he chose to open up that side of himself to me in the first place."

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

Dranik squinted and took a very close look at this one. "From what I recall, I believe this is a member of a species known as a "Dralvonion". A mostly peaceful race which splintered into two separate races many years ago. A large group left the planet when they found they were unable to peacefully settle differences between their two factions. Rather than going to war, the opposite faction settled on a planet away from their home planet. Both factions seemed relatively non violent. They mostly support themselves through growing foods and developing technologies for other races. From what I heard, both species are eager to meet new races. Last I heard they were trying to settle their differences and reunite as a single race but that was years ago."

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Forward Lounge | Deck Six | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Nira raised an eyebrow with interest. She never saw a gentle side in Dranik. Then again, all she saw in Dranik was a non-aggressive yet professional officer who knew what he was doing, as well as an expert on weapons.

"I think I have a good idea why," said Nira, when it occurred to her. "Love. And the likelihood that he will eventually become a father."

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Nira's Forensics Lab | Deck Eleven | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Nira raised an eyebrow with interest. Maybe she pulled up the wrong tentacled race; the one she had pulled up and had shown Evandev told her that it could be one potential race that would be hostile, that they communicated with telepathic means. Either way, the way Dranik mentioned them, being peaceful yet two separate races...maybe these were members of the breakaway group that couldn't find a peaceful solution. In fact, they sounded potentially like Romulans and Vulcans. Not only that, but depending on proximity to the Alpha Quadrant, if they were eager to meet new races, perhaps their servility would've made them susceptible to conquest from the Romulans.

"These Dralvonion," said Nira, "how far away from the Alpha Quadrant are their spheres of influence?"

First Officer, Outpost Solaere
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Dranik

Nira raised an eyebrow with interest. She never saw a gentle side in Dranik. Then again, all she saw in Dranik was a non-aggressive yet professional officer who knew what he was doing, as well as an expert on weapons.

"I think I have a good idea why," said Nira, when it occurred to her. "Love. And the likelihood that he will eventually become a father."

"That is an interesting way to look at it." Ciavil mused. "Kind of funny considering he was fighting Jem'Hadar on the holodeck when I first met him. But I do know that he loves me. And I do know that I love him."

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

Nira raised an eyebrow with interest. Maybe she pulled up the wrong tentacled race; the one she had pulled up and had shown Evandev told her that it could be one potential race that would be hostile, that they communicated with telepathic means. Either way, the way Dranik mentioned them, being peaceful yet two separate races...maybe these were members of the breakaway group that couldn't find a peaceful solution. In fact, they sounded potentially like Romulans and Vulcans. Not only that, but depending on proximity to the Alpha Quadrant, if they were eager to meet new races, perhaps their servility would've made them susceptible to conquest from the Romulans.

"These Dralvonion," said Nira, "how far away from the Alpha Quadrant are their spheres of influence?"

"Last I heard, Hirogen hunters encountered the species at the very edge of the boundary between the Beta Quadrant and the Alpha Quadrant. Is it possible this may be an unknown third breakaway faction?" Dranik thought for a moment. "They were a warp capable species."
Hirogen Male

Nira Said

Quote from: Dranik on September 16, 2020, 12:08:45 PM

"That is an interesting way to look at it." Ciavil mused. "Kind of funny considering he was fighting Jem'Hadar on the holodeck when I first met him. But I do know that he loves me. And I do know that I love him."

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

"Last I heard, Hirogen hunters encountered the species at the very edge of the boundary between the Beta Quadrant and the Alpha Quadrant. Is it possible this may be an unknown third breakaway faction?" Dranik thought for a moment. "They were a warp capable species."

"I imagine people who eventually fall in love meet in unusual circumstances," said Nira with a shrug.

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

"So, technically, it wouldn't put them near the Delta Quadrant," said Nira. "Least of all within proximity to Romulan space?"

Nira wondered about that, considering the cube they discovered in that one nebula at the Romulan border had been stuck there for nine years...

Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."

Dranik

"I imagine people who eventually fall in love meet in unusual circumstances," said Nira with a shrug.

"Still, I think when I tell others the story of how we met, it might raise a few eyebrows." Ciavil said with a faint smile.

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

"So, technically, it wouldn't put them near the Delta Quadrant," said Nira. "Least of all within proximity to Romulan space?"

Nira wondered about that, considering the cube they discovered in that one nebula at the Romulan border had been stuck there for nine years...

"For all we know whoever was piloting the ships could have fallen though a wormhole. Or possibly some sort of subspace tunnel. It wouldn't surprise me. There's quite a bit of space that has yet to be explored. It might interest you to know I've had experiences with that sort of thing in the past."
Hirogen Male

Nira Said

Quote from: Dranik on September 25, 2020, 03:28:36 PM

"Still, I think when I tell others the story of how we met, it might raise a few eyebrows." Ciavil said with a faint smile.

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

"For all we know whoever was piloting the ships could have fallen though a wormhole. Or possibly some sort of subspace tunnel. It wouldn't surprise me. There's quite a bit of space that has yet to be explored. It might interest you to know I've had experiences with that sort of thing in the past."

"Maybe," said Nira. "Not a lot of people ever start a relationship when they first meet in a fighting simualtor, especially against Jem'Hadar."

TWO HOURS EARLIER...

Nira decided she was dwelling too much on these people. IF and when anybody from the Federation met them, they will decide for themselves how hostile they are.

"Okay, moving on," said Nira. She pulled up another alien.

"Now, do you recognize this one as well?"

Betazoid

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.