A Shadow Fleet Thanksgiving

Started by Kirok, November 17, 2018, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Earth Star Fleet HQ Ball Room]

Kirok stood at a window looking out at a landing pad.  Shuttles were coming in every minute.  People got off the shuttle, then it took off.  The next landed and the cycle repeated.

It was Thanksgiving and people where coming home for the holiday.  Earth was not Kirok's home, but it was the home of the majority of the members of the fleet.  So, the half Vulcan had chosen it as the meeting place for the festive meal.

He did so in the hopes of drawing the largest number of people to the location.  And to give those who had been born here a chance to see their families - who had been invited to the event as well.  For the off worlders like him, it was an opportunity to expore, rest, and relax.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Susan Markington

[Earth Star Fleet HQ - Ball Room]

Susan had just landed with the Athena crew after their recent mission. After losing Captain Carter, Susan was finding it a little hard to keep her mind straight. She needed her father's advice and her brothers nagging to distract her. If anything she would turn to Ensign Grix and inform him of what happened, but she would do it in a more private setting. Now was the time for family and friends. As she heard the familiar whistle she smiled and scanned the room for her brother. As she felt a pair of hands cover her eyes she heard a whisper, "Sassy Sue...We meet again."

Susan removed the hands and turned to see her older brother standing there. "Hey Little Nicky. How have you been? Where are mum and dad?" Susan asked him as she gave him a hug after returning the whistle. Nick was about to reply when they heard the same whistle again. The whistle was a way for the Markington family to find each other in large crowds. Nick smiled as he spotted their mother wearing a festive pair of Thanksgiving scrubs. Susan saw her mother and smiled as well. She then looked around for her father and didn't see him. "Mum...Where's dad? Is he coming?" Susan asked as she really needed to speak to him.

"He's on his way. You know how traffic is in California." Sarah replied as she gave Susan and Nicholas hugs and a kiss on each of their foreheads. As Susan heard the radio that her mother kept on her go off she frowned. "Do you really have to go?" she asked as she looked at her mom. Sarah smiled before hearing her beeper go off. As Sarah checked her beeper she frowned before saying, "Both of you come with me now...The meal will have to wait...Susan, go get a medic now." Susan looked confused before seeing the sadness in her mother's eyes. She immediately knew that something was wrong and that her father wasn't going to make it to the dinner.

Susan scanned the room for Doctor Brighton and sent out an SOS through her communicator to him. "Doc, I'm having trouble with my optics. Can you please assist me with them and a family matter has arisen, we may need your help. Apparently, my father is severely injured from a drunk driver just out front of the building. Civilian paramedics won't make it in time, sir. You're the only one I know and trust." Susan said as she waited for him by the entrance of the ballroom with her brother. Sarah had gone to see how bad the damage was to James.

"When Grix comes here, I'm going to join mum." Nick said quietly. Susan nodded her head and tried to keep from crying in front of the Admiral of Star Fleet and the other higher-ups. First Captain Carter and now her father, it was too much for her to handle right now on a holiday. As she spotted Ensign Grix she gave the special family whistle and motioned for him to come to her.

"Go on bro. Dad needs one of us there and I need to wait for Doctor Brighton. I'll be fine. Just go to him. NOW." she said before glaring at him to get her message across to him. He read that message loud and clear and turned around before running down the hall. "This is Chief Nicholas Markington of USS Vegas. I need security out front stat! We have a drunk driver and various civilian casualties. Need Medical as well." Nick hailed to any security personnel within range. Susan knew she needed to go to see her father, but she also knew she had a duty to get Doctor Brighton and Ensign Christian Grix before heading to the scene.

Don Damien Addams

[the great ball hall]

A few days ago, Don had to go back to Earth for a court case which had needed to come to halt or end its course. The Ensign had testify as a witness to a parallel trial that he was found guilty of using his rank to attach an Romulan ship which he had believed that attack his mother's ship.

It was sore that was healing slowly through time. Then it was ripped back up. However surprisingly he learned some familiar Romulan names was now deceased. This had brought some peace to him.

So being on earth had decided to come to the festival to celebrate. Not he was here for the special occaion he was hoping to run in some old friends and a dear mentor. The mentor was like an Android like Data who he helped Don with his mood swings when he was serving his time in colony for inmates. The same place where Paris from Voyager was.

The man had a light tan shirt with brown pants. He was going for the earthly colors autumn. He was still at the entry way scoping and sizing the ballroom. There was all lot unfamiliar faces here. Possibly he give himself more time to see he gets lucky finding someone he knew or meet a new face.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.