Author Topic: January 2020 Fleet Awards  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
January 2020 Fleet Awards
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:02:01 pm »
Shadow Fleet January 2020 Fleet Awards

It is that time of year again and we once again have more awards to hand out. I want to personally take this time to thank each and every one of you for making this site what it is. We would not be where we are today, celebrating a role playing site that has been around for over 13 years now, if it weren't for all of you.

While there may not be awards for every member of the site below, I think everyone deserves a round of applause for their contribution to the site and making it what it is today.

Recruitment Ribbon
Awarded in January and July to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.

If I've missed anyone who has placed ads around the internet for our site or successfully convinced a friend to join the site, please let me know and I will make sure that you get your award.

I Donated Badge
Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running.

Felicity Ellis, Solluk, and Naira.

If you made a donation to the site at the end of December and you find your name missing above, please forgive me. I will add your name to to this list and get you your award.

Player of the Year Award (POTY)
This is a fleet award and is awarded in January, by Command Level Officers (CLOs) vote, to the player who has contributed the most to the fleet over the past year.

This is always a hard one to pick. We have so many amazing members who give so much to the site to make it the fun and exciting role playing experience that it is. However, when it came down to a vote, we had one clear winner. The winner of this year's Player of the Year is Felicity Ellis.

Cadet of the Year Award
This is a fleet award and is awarded in January, by the Academy Commandant, to the player with the best Academy Course of the previous year.

I've heard from the Academy instructors that they've had a lot of amazing candidates over the last year, so it took them some time to narrow down their choices to just one candidate to name Cadet of the Year. The winner of this award goes to Esmeralda Van'Roe.

Shining Record Award
Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application since the last awards ceremony.

This was a hard one. There were lots of great applications to pick from, but with the largest percentage of votes, the winner goes to Descant to-Harmony.

Fleet Commanding Officer Commendation
Awarded in January and July to a player whom the Commanding Level Officers (CLOs) feels warrants recognition.

With an overwhelming percentage of the votes, the winner of the Distinguished Command Award goes to our newest Commanding Officer, Felicity Ellis.

Distinguished Command Award
Awarded in January by your votes to the commanding officer of a ship who has demonstrated an excellent ability to manage their SIMM over the past year.

You, the players, chose Solluk of Katra Station.

Distinguished Executive Officer Award
Awarded in January by your votes to the executive officer of a ship who has demonstrated an excellent ability to manage their SIMM over the past year.

You, the players, chose Katheryn Brighton of Athena.

Diplomat Award
Awarded in January and July to the player whom the CLOs feels has always presented a neutral voice, mediated disputes effectively and strived for peace amongst users.

While certainly not my first choice, Naira was voted the winner of the Diplomat Award. Maybe it's because Hawke and Carter beat me in naming themselves the 'Bad Admin' and the 'Okayish Admin.' All joking aside, it's an honor and I'll continue to do what I can to help resolve issues within the fleet and I want everyone to feel as if they can come to me with any questions or problems they might be having, knowing that I will try to do what I can to resolve them.

Unit Awards

Unit awards are earned when the crew of a SIMM shows great team work in making their SIMM the best it can be. All officers and crew present when the award is assigned, will receive the relevant ribbon.

Unit Citation
Awarded in January and July by the CLOs to the officers and crew of the SIMM that has been the most active since the last awards ceremony.

With 1198 In-character mission posts between July 1st and December 31st, I'm pleased to announce the crew of the USS Shran as the winner of the Unit Citation Award. I believe this is the most active we have seen any simm, over a six month period, in years. Way to go guys!

Ion Storm Award
Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.

This award is generally handed out to the simm who has faced the most challenges in the last six months. Often they've have a change in command or a high turnover of players, or both, yet we give out this award to recognize that despite everything that's been thrown at them, they make it through the hard the hard times and prosper.

The winner of the Ion Storm Award goes to the crew of the USS Shran.

Crew Efficiency Ribbon
Awarded in January and July by the CLOs to the officers and crew of the most organized SIMM.

Unlike the other crew awards, this one tends to be more based off of how organized and on top of things a CLO team is in regards to keeping their roster up to date, submitting Post of the Month nominations in on time, reserving inactive players and insuring that there's always something for their members to post in.
The winners of the Crew Efficiency Ribbon is the crew of Katra Station

Amiable Crew Award
Awarded in January and July by the CLOs to the officers and crew of the most friendly and welcoming simm.

This one sort of speaks for itself. Truthfully, I've yet to meet an unfriendly crew, but the crew of Starbase Columbus was voted the winner of the Amiable Crew Award for their active and friendly presence in Discord.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:14:32 am by Naira »

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: January 2020 Fleet Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:50 pm »
I congratulate all the winners of this bi-annual fleet award.  We are fortunate to be surrounded by such worthy souls.

And on behalf of Katra, I express my gratitude to see our sim so recognized.
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:21:33 am »
It was brought to my attention that the Distinguished Command and Executive Officer awards were originally forgotten in the above list, but they have now been added.

Congrats to all the winners.

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 02:21:11 am »
Congratulations to all of the winners :-)

I'm deeply humbled with the awards I received

Academy Commandant

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:06:01 am »
Congratulations everyone!

To Shran: I can't tell you how proud I am of this crew. Despite the very rocky year and the all too regular change of leadership you all showed an inspirational loyalty and determination to keep her lit. To be awarded the Ion Storm award and the Unit Citation in the same breath is a feat I don't think any other SIMM could pull off. I am honestly amazed at how we managed to power through. Much love!

To my fellow CLOs: Thank you for putting up with me. :-X

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Offline Naira

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 10:16:54 am »
It was brought to my attention that John Saxon was missing from the recruitment list, but he has now been added. Thank you, John, for your recruitment efforts.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 05:23:21 pm »
Congratulations to the award recipients!  Thank you for all you do!

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:06:40 pm »
Congrats to all

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 07:53:05 am »
Congratulations!
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 03:19:45 pm »
Congratulations to all! :)

Two things I want to say. Felicity really did a great job on the Shran and I'm happy for her that she gets the recognition she deserves for the hard work that she has done. :)

And second, I'm very glad that the amazing work Solluk and Rayek do on Katra is seen and recognized! I'm so happy and proud to be part of the crew under such awesome simm runners! :)

Cheers!

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Lyric McDaniels

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • How long is forever? Sometimes just one second.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 03:29:37 pm »
Congratulations everyone! <3

Species: Changeling

If you could be anything you wanted, why wouldn't you choose to be happy?

Offline Esmeralda Van'Roe

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 06:19:04 pm »
Thank you so much! Heck, this is so exciting! I'm so honoured, and shocked, and so thankful. Ahhh, thanks!

Offline Catherine Goodspeed

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • "To kittens in the toast!!!"
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 12:33:48 pm »
Congratulations to all!

Never turn your back on a species with tusks, teeth or claws sharper than your own wit.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles