Fleet Wide Award Ceremony

Started by James A. Hawke, September 04, 2019, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

Everyone,

I do apologize for the tardiness of the award ceremony.  It was the first time we did this ceremony with this administration and it took a while to get all the errors and new system out of the way.

CLO-'s Award

Amiable Crew Award
Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
Winner: Starbase Columbus
Comments:  I believe that some players observe that the Discord Channel of Starbase Columbus is one of the most engaging simms on the site.  This award is representative of the community and ability to engage new and current players.  Congratulations!
Crew Efficiency Ribbon
Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
Winner: Starbase Katra

Comments:  I do want to take a moment and explain how impressed I am how the Katra is run.  The numbers support that Month by Month they continually post good numbers.  The Command Staff is one of the best and the crew enjoys constantly good high-quality RP experience.  In order to have a simm run that smooth, you both need a good Command Staff and a good Crew.

Ion Storm Award
Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
Winner: U.S.S. Challenger

Comments:  I wanted to take a moment and remind people how much the Challenger has gone through in the last half-year.  This simm had about three changes in CO during the first half of the year. It also had some instability with the XO position.  Needless to say, it has endured a lot of changes and it's still going.  I think everyone in the community is cheering so they have a better second part of the year.  Congratulations!

Unit Citation
Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
Winner: Starbase Katra

Comments:  The Katra posted a total of 1,697 posts from January of this year until June.  This is an amazing number to put it into context year the highest post per episode on the Simms was 1,039 posts.  The crew of the Katra should be proud of the accomplishment that they had.

EXTRA CONTRIBUTION AWARDS
Distinguished Command Ribbon
Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership.
Winner:  Solluk

Comments:  I think everyone in the Command Staff respects Solluk and his leadership style.  He has done an amazing job on the Katra and he started unofficially.  He has also been helpful behind the scenes with CLO's stuff and also gives good insight and opinions.  We are really lucky to have him.  Congratulations!

Distinguished Executive Officer Award
Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best.
Winners: Rayek tr'Lhoell  & Katheryn Brighton

Comments: Both of these Executive Officers deserve their awards.  Rayek is an individual that is instrumental in the running on the site and opinions and is constantly on the ball on the issues and trying to get things accomplished.  She is also been responsible for the success of the Katra and has been a valued member of our community.  Katheryn is also an individual that helps a lot behind the scenes on the site, she is the Academy Commandant and also a long member of our Community.  She also has several alts and is always willing to help on Simms.  Congratulations to both of you!

Fleet Captain Award
Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships.
Winner: Dylan Torngate

Comments:  This award is a little unusual as it requires a Commanding Officer to take command of two Simms at the same time.  Dylan is a long-time member of our society and his presence as an Admiral is missed by all of us.

Fleet Commanding Officer Commendation
Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition.
Winner: Dylan Torngate

Comments:  This award was selected by Naira, James Carter and Myself.  We all thought Dylan deserve this award even after he left the site.  We don't feel we can adequately express his involvement on the site, the work that he has done on the site.  He was a leader both In character and Out of Character.  Furthermore, a lot of what you see today is due to his hard work and dedication.  Please join me in congratulating him.

Final Note:  If you believe an award is supposed to be given to you and was not.  Please send me a PM with your award and I will award to you ASAP.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Sukal

"'The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged."  ~Captain Jean-Luc Picard:  2367

Katheryn Brighton

Congratulations everyone :-)

Also thank you for the recognition, it's truly humbling and I'm proud to be not only a CLO & the Academy Commandant but also a member of this site :-)

Academy Commandant

T'Prina

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Felicity Ellis

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Tess tLhoell

Finally this is official!

First of all, congratulations to all and everyone!

I wanted to say something in regards to the ribbons for Katra, I'm so proud and fortunate to be part of the SIMM. It really is my home and I loved every moment so far on it and am looking forward to what is to come. When the FCO say that 'the Command Staff is one of the best and the crew enjoys constantly good high-quality RP experience', I can truly only agree with this from the bottom of my heart.

I'm happy to be part of that amazing crew and this amazing site that each one of us makes to something special.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

stryker aune

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Jada

Congratulations everyone! I know the Katra awards are well-earned by everyone there.

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

John Saxon

Well-deserved all! And I echo Tess's characteristically eloquent and heartfelt tribute to Katra and its crew & Command Staff  - for I can only echo her words, not hope to say it any better than she.

To paraphrase a quote from the legendary actor that portrays John 'Century' Saxon in Shadow Fleet: "Great writers are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser writers to light the flame."

I am truly fortunate to be surrounded by the peerless excellence of my writing colleagues. I hope to light their narrative flame for many more years to come.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Congratulations everyone and thank you for the award to the Challenger.  On behalf of my crew - we appreciate it!

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Solluk

Hello,

I extend my hearty congratulations to all award recipients.   I have often felt that serving as a leader in this fleet means standing amidst giants.  It is humbling to be recognized while standing among them.

Cheers!

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Richard James Litt

Congratulations everyone!
You guys Rocks!

Rayek trLhoell

Congratulations to all the award recipients!

Thank you to those who believed in my abilities even when I did not. A year ago when Julia asked if I might take up the role of XO for a new station I was petrified of the idea, the responsibility that it would entail.  But it's been an amazing year thanks to the amazing Captain and crew. Huge hugs to all!

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Judith Eastman

Congratulations to all the winners!
Having been with this fleet for a year and a half, I can confidently say that this is quite possibly the best group of writers, and one of the best communities, I've encountered in my life, and certainly on the internet.

Well-deserved awards all around, and thank you all for being awesome!

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Alexander Wu

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.