Author Topic: Ta Li Yo-Na - Reporting In - September 24, 2020  (Read 854 times)

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ta Li Yo-Na - Reporting In - September 24, 2020
« on: September 24, 2020, 08:05:31 am »
Welcome!

Please post your application below.

Application Template:
Code: [Select]
[b]Character Details[/b]

[u]Character Name[/u]:
[u]Character Age[/u]:
[u]Character DOB[/u]:
[u]Character Image[/u]:
[u]Character Species[/u]:
[u]Gender[/u]:
[u]Character Family[/u]:
[u]Character Bio[/u]:

[b]Your Details[/b]

[u]Previous Role-Playing Experience[/u]:
[u]Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Secondary Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian[/u]:

[u]Sample post[/u]:

[u]Additional information[/u]:

[u]How did you find Shadow Fleet?[/u]

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ta Li Yo-Na - Reporting In - September 24, 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 06:46:37 am »
[OOC : Since Ta Li Yo-Na is on mobile only he asked me to post this for him, Ruth]

Character Details

Character Name: Dr. Ta Li Yona
Character Age:  25 (will live longer due to Vulcan genetics)
Character DOB
Character Image

Character Species: Klingon-Vulcan Hybrid (Outwardly Klingon, with Vulcan ears (mostly hidden by his hair unless has tied back, but internally Vulcan including copper based, green blood.  Thus he is stronger physically than the average Vulcan but not as strong as a standard Klingon)
Character Family:   

Father – Tok'cha son of Motgha  (Klingon, MIA – had orders to join Klingon Council and go to battle, never returned.)

Mother - Valya (Vulcan)

Stepfather – Lt. Cmdr. Steve ‘Dallas’ Tylor (SF Engineering)

Siblings – Talia (Twin Sister), Brock (Human x Vulcan, Stepbrother – son of Steve, aged 17, just about to start at SF Academy in Engineering)

Character Bio

Ta Li was born to a Vulcan mother and a Klingon Father, or at least that was his parentage.  Ta Li never knew his father, Tok’cha,being HoD of the IKS Lod Mek’leth and having called to serve on the Klingon Council as an ambassador while Ta Li and Talia were in utero. Valya never heard from him again, and with the Lod Mek’leth having been destroyed, she assumed he was dead.   

Valya and Tok’cha had met when he had come for the meetings prior to getting his orders to be sent to the Gamma Quadrant.

Ta Li was brought up on Earth where his mother resided and worked as a civilian receptionist for Shadowfleet, but in the mostly Vulcan society, where they lived he was seen as something of an outcast, unlike his sister Talia, who had taken more of the visual genetics of her mother, and thus passed as a Vulcan, especially after Valya had all traces of the Klingon forehead ridges which were only slight in Talia surgically removed.   

Valya went on to marry a Human named Steve Tylor, and they subsequently had Brock.  Steve was an Engineer at Starfleet HQ (think Simon Pegg version of Scotty) and so had met Valya on several occasions, finding excuses all the time to ‘fix’ the reception.  When they married the family moved from San Francisco to just outside Dallas, Texas but commuted each morning for school/academy/ work.

Ta Li attended Shadowfleet school, since this was easier for Valya to work and not worry about having to get him to another school.  Due to his appearance as a Klingon, he often found himself at the butt of the Klingon and Vulcan children’s jokes and bullying, much like Spock.  Children can be cruel.  He was something of an outcast.  However, one of the teachers Groghi, son of Druhnorgh saw the young ‘Klingon’ in Ta Li and decided to take him under his wing and teach him the ways of the Klingon warrior, so Ta Li has some background in Klingon lore, bat’leth, mek’leth and d’k’tang training even before he joined the Academy.

His mother tempered the Klingon temper with teaching Ta Li how to meditate as a Vulcan and hone his telepathic and empathic skills, how to help look after people and nurtured a tendency for the young Ta Li to want to care for things, he’d always be looking to ‘mend’ both humanoids and animals even from an early age.

It was due to that, and his desire to find his biological father, whom he believed hadn’t yet reached Sto-ko-Var, and with a recommendation from Steve who was at that time a Lt. Cmdr., he joined the Academy and trained as a doctor and in Security taking both classes to satisfy both side of his nature...which is an ongoing internal battle between the two... the Vulcan side tempers the Klingon inclinations to fight.  However, he knows that his search for Tok’cha will have to take a back seat to his duty as a doctor, but he would have more access to resources to search for him now.   

Ta Li has a pet cat it was a graduation gift from Valya, he called Sapph (short for Sapphire, as she’s just a normal cat, but with a glowing blue coat, Valya saw an adoption advert for the kitten who seemed as much of an anomaly, but as special as her son, Ta Li so she figured they could help each other) which helps him focus on the more Vulcan side of his nature, calm and collected.

In his spare time, Ta Li indulges in Meditation, cooking and eating food experiments that he’s made, reading about the American Wild West. He also likes to play darts and poker.  He also loves running a holosuite programme he has for the American Wild West. Also, watching football (both European/Rest of World aka Soccer, and American) holo-recordings.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:  LARPs as Pirate, Elf and others, Desktop - D&D, Star Wars, Path Finder, Vampire Masquerade and others.  No online RPGs
Department Preference: Medical
Secondary Department Preference: Security
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Ta Li sat waiting for his room mate, an Andorian by the name of Keval ch'Trell who was in Security classes with him (Ta Li had taken the Security extension classes) in the bar.  He was nursing a small synthale and wondering how his kitten Sapph was doing.   

While sitting there he wondered if Keval would be interested in joining him in an hour in the Old West later, when he got a call on his commbadge.

=/\= Cadet Yona, report to the Infirmary immediately. =/\=

=/\= On my way! =/\= Ta Li replied swigging down the remainder of his drink and giving a quick wave to the Bajoran barmaid he was friends with and shouting over “Duty calls, let Keval know, will you?”  she nodded back and waved.

Infirmary

Arriving at the Infirmary, Ta Li walked up to the doctor with 2 pips on her collar and said “Cadet Yo-na, reporting as requested, Sir!”

“Ah yes, Yona... Ensign S’warma and Lt. Young have to go for some essential training, so I need the medkits taken over there, sorted, restocked and tricorders charged etc.  Let me know when you’re done!” Dr. T’Rel said, one eyebrow raising to her hairline at the surprise that Yo-na was a Klingon, at least in appearance.

“Yes Doctor.”

Additional information:

I suffer from OCD and ADD, please be patient!  While I would prefer Medical, I’m happy to work in Security (Ta Li has done Security classes at Academy and has taken many tests with phasers and bladed weapons particularly Klingon ones. 

How did you find Shadow Fleet?: I know Pol (Ruth Sigurdsdottir/Hrafn Falleg-Tekin/Luby Wentock)

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:57:54 pm »
Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

Based on your application I'd be happy to throw you onboard the Katra. Please report in with your new command team!

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 12:44:21 am »
Hello, Cadet!

I will be you Academy Instructor. I have set up your training course. You can find it here.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Dr. ta li yo-na

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 07:47:20 am »
Thank you I'm so nervous but eager to join the crew

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles