Character DOB: October 18
Character Image:

Character Species: Caitian
Character Family:
Father: Buutro M'Kurn
Mother: M'Less M'Kurn
Sister: M'Kerrik M'Kurn
Character Bio:
Qozwyn is the oldest of two children born to archaeologists Buutro and M'Less M'Kurn. His parents took turns raising the children as the other one went on expeditions. When they grow old enough, they would accompany their parents, during which time they were schooled by a private tutor, a Tellarite named Ov Gon Threed.

Qozwyn took an early interest in archaeology, and for many years thought he would follow in his parent's footsteps. But as he grew older he found himself more interested in how things worked, rather than their histories, and decided to devote his attention to engineering. Realizing he could pursue a path to learning and also sate an urge for adventure, he enrolled in Starfleet Academy.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Many years across many tabletops and PbP platforms, including previous stints with Shadow Fleet.
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:
M'Kurn stood next to the dilithium reactor and rubbed his sore right shoulder, a gift from when the gravity had been shut off during the ship's restart.

"Mr. Arjess?" he said to the man standing nearby. "Anything to report?"

The Grealseen officer spoke without turning his head. "Mather/Anthi-Matther miss ith looging goo," he said, his oddly-shaped mouth forming words that were close enough to Federation Standard that the Universal Translator didn't bother to kick in. "Antihipay thlee ninutes to mathimum impulth onth we are noobing again."

"Mr. Marbit?"

"All systems optimal, sir."

"Lieutenant P'Gell?"

"Fuel mix within 0.09 per cent of optimal. All quiet on the Romulan Front."

M'Kurn looked over his shoulder. "I don't follow."

Qitara gave a half-smile, a rare expression on a Vulcan, less so on one who was also half-Human. "I play on words, Admiral. There was a book on Earth, 'All Quiet on the Western Front,' about a war. During the first war with the Romulans, an author by the name of Rina Salinger-Toth stole a copy of the Terran original and re-wrote it around the same general theme, though with a far more martial bent. The cease-fire turned out to be a trap, sprung by the Romulans by way of an infiltrator to the Terran ranks. She called it 'All Quiet on the Romulan Front.'"

M'Kurn nodded. "I see." The Caitian opened a comm channel. "Engineering to Bridge. We're ready when you are, ma'am."

Additional information: Qozwyn has a quick and lively sense of humor and takes delight in the unknown. He has an almost crippling fear of chitinous insects, the result of having accidentally uncovered a swarm of giant pincer beetles during one of his parent's excavations on Burmir IV. He collects old Terran comic books, loves coffee, and has brewed his own beer.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Former player, recommended by Kyan McKenzie

M'Kurn's Bio
"Squirrel Five got some secrets." --Flick

Katheryn Brighton

Welcome back :-)

A great application, please standby whilst we sort out and assign you a SIMM. With you being a return player, there is the option of you doing the Academy Training Course. If you would like to do this as a refresher let me know and I'll get an instructor to set it up for you :-)

Academy Commandant

Qozwyn M'Kurn

That would be great, thanks! If it's possible, may I request a posting to Starbase Columbus? If I'm needed elsewhere, I totally understand and will gladly serve wherever Starfleet needs me.

M'Kurn's Bio
"Squirrel Five got some secrets." --Flick

Katheryn Brighton

Awesome I'll get an instructor to set up your course and I'll mention it to the rest of the placement team to see if that's possible :-)

Academy Commandant

Ozu Saya

Greetings! I'm your Academy course instructor.

You'll find your ATC here: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/eng-and-ops/engineering-atc-qozwyn-m'kurn/msg236209/#msg236209

Because of the holidays, I may not be able to reply as quickly as I might usually, but I will try to stay on top of things. Good luck!

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.