[u]Previous Role-Playing Experience[/u]:
[u]Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Secondary Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian[/u]:

[u]Sample post[/u]:

[u]Additional information[/u]:

[u]How did you find Shadow Fleet?[/u]

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Netha-Sar Murselas

Character Details

Character Name: Netha-Sar Murselas
Character Age: 27
Character DOB: Nov 23, 2368 4:19 AM | -302106.06497293065
Character Image:

I wasn't sure which uniform he would end up with so HERE is a floating head version, too lol. Just to make getting an ID card less work on you all! <3 Character Species: Orion
Character Family: D'Navesh-Sar Murselas (father), Navaar Murselas (mother), Siblings: Mins-Sar Murselas (eldest brother), Koj-Sar Murselas (older brother), Loj-Sar Murselas (older brother), D'Ori Murselas (older sister), D'Aya Murselas (older sister), D'Vanea Murselas (older sister), Meilas Murselas (older sister), Yula Murselas (younger sister).
Character Bio: Netha-Sar's father is a particularly ruthless smuggler, even by the standards of Orions. He is well connected within the Orion Syndicate because of his love for risk taking and the brutal way he deals with those who get in his way. The Murselas surname is feared in multiple quadrants and in some places is misheard as "œMerciless" which is fitting for the way D'Navesh-Sar runs his business and his family. Most of D'Navesh-Sar's nine children are with Navaar, but he did have a set of twins (Netha-Sar's older brothers Koj-Sar and Loj-Sar) with another Orion woman. Netha-Sar is the eighth of D'Navesh-Sar's nine children.

Netha-Sar and his brother Mins-Sar grew up on a small farming planet in Orion Space. They were educated by the best tutors from across the quadrant. Netha-Sar did not see anyone who was not Orion until he accompanied his father to a black market in his teens. He was shocked to see the people he had heard about in his studies. They weren't green! Netha-Sar was trained in flight and smuggling by his brothers Mins-Sar, Koj-Sar, and Loj-Sar. All his sisters aside from Yula became slave girls to wealthy Orion families.

On a fuel stop with his brother Mins-Sar, Yula was able to incapacitate them, steal their ship, and eventually she escaped to Federation space where she pretended to be a refugee. Netha-Sar was nineteen when this happened and his father was so upset that he told his sons to hunt her down. Mins-Sar and Netha-Sar searched for Yula for just over three years before they found her, but exploring the Federation planets had changed them. Mins-Sar returned to their father to tell him that Yula had died and that Netha-Sar wanted to join StarFleet instead of continuing with the family business. D'Navesh-Sar never spoke to Netha-Sar again, but Netha-Sar still is still in close contact with all of his siblings.

During his time in the Academy the mechanical knowledge of ships and engineering as well as fast reflexes in the cockpit that had served him well as a smuggler also served him well as a recruit. He excelled in many areas related to both flying and engineering as well as being familiar with lots of different ships (from how many he used to have to steal and quickly maneuver away from crime scenes).

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Roughly 15 years of forum-based RP experience (mostly fantasy). I've written in all types of styles at all types of lengths. Anywhere from 1 lines to a thousand word posts is okay with me.
Department Preference: Flight Control
Secondary Department Preference: Engineering
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Sample post: Netha-Sar was nervous for the day to begin. He was in his quarters, waiting for the alarm to signal that he should do what he had done about an hour ago and wake the heck up. The alarm finally went off and he dutifully reset it for the next day. He got out of bed, brushed his teeth, had a shower, put on his uniform, and made sure not a hair was out of place (ignoring his roommate's jokes about the Captain not giving out promotions based on length of time spent doing hair).

It was his day off and he still felt pretty new to the ship. Even though it had been his own idea to join StarFleet he still often felt uncomfortable being amongst so many people of authority. Only a few years ago he would have been running in the opposite direction of any kind of authority, convinced they'd be able to find whatever it was he had stolen or was trying to get across into a quadrant where it wasn't allowed.

Now he felt a bit like an imposter in his StarFleet uniform. He went to join the others who had some free time in the recreation room, smiling at a few people he had been buddy with while performing duties together. He had wanted to go to the holodeck and repeat his favorite adventure. It was one where all of his sisters were free and he and his siblings had thrills fighting off Orion pirates together. But he fought the urge and watched the card game instead. It was about time he got settled into his new life and made real friends instead of holographic ones.

Additional information: I love Star Trek, but I'm not well versed in the canon so I'd love if people could help me out along the way if I've written something funny.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Just googled Star Trek forum RPGs

Tess tLhoell

An excellent application!

And thanks for the 'floating head' image, much appreciated!  :D

We would like to assign you to Katra Station.

Every new player goes through our Academy Training Course (ATC). This is to give you the opportunity to check out how we rp around here and for us to get a feel of your basic Trek knowledge. Just a place to practice a little bit.

Your instructor will be with you shortly :)

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Netha-Sar Murselas

Kyle Briggs

Welcome to Shadow Fleet. I'm Commander Kyle Briggs and I will be filling in for Captain Galloway who is the Flight Instructor. I have began your training course that can be found here.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me either on site through private message or on discord. My handle is Kyle Briggs#3709. Good luck Cadet.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.