Lucy Belle ('LUBY') Wentock Reporting In (replacement char for Lawrie)

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, March 09, 2020, 10:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Character Details

Character Name: Lucy Belle ('Luby') Wentock
Character Age: 25
Character DOB: 19th October
Character Image: (FYI for FC list it's Uragyan actress Barbara Mori)
Character Species: Human
Character Family:

Mother: Matilda Wentock (aged 52) nee Iesnes retired school teacher (Geog. and History)

Father: James Arnold Wentock (aged 58) Architect (primarily civic buildings but occasionally takes on private projects for dwellings at his freelance prices).

(at least on paper... her actual father is her mother's ex-lover, a fellow teacher by the name of Antonin Kolev, a Macedonian who was on holiday in Greece when Matilda was visiting her Grecian Grandmother.  Matilda is half English, half Greek... her father being Greek, both Luby's maternal grandparents are deceased having had Matilda late in life.  She has an uncle Iago Iesnes, who goes by 'Two Eye' [his initials being I.I.] and both paternal (James's) parents are alive.  Patricia and Martin Wentock.  Patricia never worked being an heiress who was denied her inheritance after her father disowned her for marrying Martin, a painter and decorator.  It was Patricia's parents however who funded James's education.  James has 2 sisters Elizabeth and Joanna, both younger.).

Two younger siblings: James Thomas Wentock (known as JT or Jay 17, at college) and Matilda-Jane (MJ) Wentock (10, at school)  MJ was totally unexpected but late addition to the family.

(Antonin's parents are still alive.  Teodora his mother works in a local bakery serving and does a lot of traditional crafts, she used to teach in the local school in Kadino [the village in which she lived in Croatia] but after meeting Miroslav who was Bosnian she moved to the island of Jelsa off the coast of Bosnia Herzogovina and lived in the town of Otok Šćedro near Zavala, where Miroslav worked as a fisherman and where Antonin was born. There are two other siblings for Antonin.  Bogdan and Jana who are twins born 3 years after Antonin.  Antonin is now 55 years old)

Character Bio:

Born as the result of an affair, which her mother has never told James (but has told Luby, and told her to keep her mouth shut.  Something which after a short lived relationship with someone on holiday herself, and the worry until her body told her she very definitely wasn't pregnant at the age of 18, she realised just how easy that was to happen to someone, she was more than happy to do), Luby lived a normal childhood in the suburbs of Keighley, Yorkshire on Earth.

She was deemed normal for her age except in her aptitude to solving problems... in any subject the way she approached them was different to those in her age group and she had major skill in Sciences, Mathematics and the classes she'd taken in Medical.

Luby loves horse riding, tennis and ballet and plays the alto saxophone in her spare time.

She attended University on Earth gaining a double degree in General Medicine and Sciences (2.1 and 2.2 respectively.) Upon completing her degrees (aged 22) she applied to Starfleet Medical and took the Academy courses, both in Sciences and Medicine, choosing to spend her last year either on a ship or starbase for her final year... in whatever field that she was required.

Living the secret that she was James's daughter had become too much for her to handle on Earth... especially when Antonin had paid a visit whilst James was at work and the facial resemblance was too much for them to hide, so... it was Luby who took herself out of the equation, thus fulfilling her promise to her mother, while still making her 'father' proud.
Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Ruth Sigurdsdottir, Hrafn Falleg-Tekin and Lawrie McGellen amongst others

Department Preference: Medical
Secondary Department Preference: Science or Ops
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

[Starbase X - Libations Cafe on Promenade, 20 mins after clearing customs]

Luby sat in the cafe on the base, musing over her life and what might happen here.  As a 4th year cadet, she was older than a lot to be in that year, but then her mother had insisted that she finish her education on Earth, and she had, just... barely a week between getting her graduation mortar board and gown pictures with her proud father, all the while baulking at the fact that, she harboured a terrible secret.

As the waitress came around clearing tables she raised a hand.  "Excuse me, could I have a cup of English tea, with milk and sugar please and perhaps a couple of rounds of toasted bread, just buttered."

"Sure, let me finish sorting this table and I'll be right onto it!" answered the girl happily.

Soon enough the girl returned with her order and she thanked her then ate contemplatively.

Both her parents, well Matilda and James, had been disappointed that she wanted to join the fleet, they'd had other ideas for her.  With her aptitude for Sciences and Mathematics, Matilda wanted her to go on to get Masters degrees and Doctorates... basically living the life she didn't because of her falling pregnant with Luby and consequent children.  James was planning to get her to do the accountancy on his firms books.

But that one sneaked meeting, that even her mother didn't know about... mostly because she'd lied to her mother, saying she was meeting Gemma her best friend (and Gemma covered for her like a best friend should!) and she met her biological father, Antonin.

His words?  'Follow your heart, be your own person, live your own life.  Don't do anything for others... Be Happy my darling, just be that.  Be your own gorgeous wonderful self and you'll thrive.  Not 'survive'... thrive.'

Since then she'd communicated with all her parents, admitted to her mother, and why she'd joined the Fleet, and come to think that there must be a lot of people in her situation... at least on the parentage front... or children who for one reason or another had a different 'Dad' to their biological one... those whose mothers had suddenly found themselves pregnant, those who had planned it all along the right way, but were married to those in Armed or Emergency services, or someone had a terminal illness.  It didn't mean that the 'new' parent was any less of a parent... just that they hadn't sowed the initial seed.  She knew for example, that she wouldn't have the skill she had as a horsewoman, were it not for James, she wouldn't have her sax nor love Trad Jazz were it not for James.

...But she was still finding traits to herself that she wasn't sure who they came from and it was likely that it was Antonin.

Tossing a credit chip on the table and nodding to the waitress that had brought her tea and toast earlier giving her a smile and a small wave, Luby hoisted her naval duffelbag (given to her by Gemma's big brother, Ryan, who was always collecting military paraphernalia and who... he thought it wasn't obvious... fancied her like crazy and from the conversations they had missed her like crazy too) full of her belongings, onto her back and picked up the hard case with her saxophone in it, and her oil paints and brushes in the other hand and made her way to the Security Office on base.

[Base Security - 10 mins later]

Luby went up to the desk, placed her bags carefully on the floor and then smiled at the Bolian Lieutenant on duty.

"Cadet Lucy-Belle Wentock, Reporting for duty.  I have my transfer files."  she said brightly, passing over her PADD.

"Hmm... " the Lieutenant took the PADD, transferred the files to his own and pointed to a lone chair by the wall.  "Sit there and don't move... I'll see someone comes to find you." then turned to his console and proceeded to contact someone in accordance to what the papers before him said.

"Welcome to Starbase X!" Luby muttered under her breath.  "Free scowl with every induction day!"

Additional information: Since Jenna retired and we plan to write one last bit to see the pair of them off into the sunset, and with the predicament that SBC/Shran are in I was hoping a non-DH char might help out.  Please place in any department other than Engineering where I have absolutely no clue what...so...ever!  I'd probably blow the ship up!

How did you find Shadow Fleet?:  Um kinda been around about 5-6 years off and on! It's Pol... if y'all don't know me by now....

NOTE: I am posting this now as my laptop keeps having 'wibbles' and losing stuff.  To that end I would like this to be considered as a character for SBC/Shran (Priority), OR Discovery/Athena whomever needs Medica/Science/Ops most but ONLY if the SBC/Shran option isn't viable.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.