News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Ghost Reporting in 05/20/20

Started by Julia Rellek, May 20, 2020, 12:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia Rellek

You can place your application here.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Vyrl

Character Details

Character Name: Jacob (Jake) Sill'ma
Character Age: 28
Character DOB: 47876.7123287671 (Nov 17, 2370)
Character Image: N/A
Character Species: Human
Character Family: All living, Father: Jacoy. Mother: Sophia. Sister (eldest): Cinthia. Sister (Youngest): Stella. Brother: Johnathan
Character Bio:
Interested in: learning new things. Science (especially Geophysics, Mineralogy, Exozoology, and Genetics). Religions of alien cultures.
Likes to: Practice martial arts of all kinds even dabbles in the mental exercises of the Vulcan and Klingon. He paints and writes a lot. Recently has been studying the combat strategy of the ancient Klingons.
Family: Was raised by a loving family on earth. Has two older sisters and a younger brother, though he was the only one to join Starfleet.
Why did you join? He joined in order to explore and see new and exciting things. Studying the animals of other worlds has planted a desire to see them first hand. Would he be able to study the Klingons close up? He hopes so.

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Been playing on Superhero RPG for a while (on and off since... 2009?) Before that when I was 14 I started RPing on a Naruto site, it has been shutdown though.
Department Preference:Science Officer
Secondary Department Preference: Security/Tactical Officer
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

[Shuttle Craft: Vespucci III]

The shuttle shook as it plummeted towards the planet. Breaking through the atmosphere of Himla 3 was the easy part, even if it did heat the hull to its maximum, it was landing that made Jake nervous. The ground below was littered with crystalline structures that will tear the ship apart like cheese on a grater. He used all of his piloting knowledge to assist in their safe recovery. Trying to redirect the power to the engines, limiting life support even, but the lights in the cabin still flashed a red hue.

"Tring to compensate for the gravity." Lieutenant Markus said as his hands dashed about the controls.
"I think it's the crystals, they are giving off some kind of low energy beam, almost like our tractor beam." Jake said. His eyes couldn't help but find comfort in the data that flooded his terminal.
"Reconfiguring the shield-"
"We just need to climb to 300 kilometers." Jake said. "That should be enough distance, we'll be unaffected."

Spark bursts lit up the rear compartment as they continued their descent. The smell of burnt rubber and electrical compounds filled the craft in a matter of seconds, it stung at Jake's nose.

"Modulating the shield to a frequency of point nine" Jake said as he attempted to answer the data he saw. The ship stopped it's rumbling.
"Climbing again." Mark said. "What happened? Why didn't we know about this?"
"Um." Jake didn't want to say. He had seen the planetary readings before they embarked on this mission, they clearly indicated some kind of force but how was he supposed to know the kind of effect it would have on the ship? "I was unaware of the effects these crystals would have. Maybe we should have sent a probe in first."
"I backed you on this cadet. Try not to disappoint me." The officer said. "Let's start our data sweep. Learn what you can."
"There are no life signs. No manmade structures. There is a complex cave network though." Now that they weren't about to die Jake looked down at the planet. The surface was mostly volcanic rock, though large structures of blue crystals protruded in groups every mile. "The distance between each crystal... they are exactly one point three meters apart. Each group." Did this point to some kind of intelligence? Or maybe there is something about the gravity. Thoughts chugged their way through Jakes mind as he examined the information.

When they finished their sweep of the planet he had mapped out the gravitational pull, gathered useful mineralogical readings, and even found  several points on the planet they could land in the future. They headed back to the USS Discovery satisfied.

"Happy lieutenant?" Jake said in a sly tone.

Additional information: N/A

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google search. I have been on the site before. Though, I forget my characters name. It was at least 5 years ago. [/list][/list]

Vyrl: Breen, (Male), Main Character, Vyrl's Bio

Julia Rellek

Jacob,

Nice app and your sample post was really well written. Maybe once your settled in on the site you may want to go back and look at expanding your bio, it will give you some nice depth for your character.

I can place you in the science department on the Challenger under @Ian Galloway.

Do you remember, by chance, if you completed the officer training course in the academy last time you were with us?

Vyrl

Julia,

Thank you! And ok. I was under the impression this should be short and sweet, that most of the bio is will be explained on the actually character sheet, right?

Sounds good!

No, I was an enlisted member last time. Don't think the character went through any further training.

Julia Rellek

You are welcome to add a more indepth bio if you'd like. Those can be found here

I'll leave it up to you since it's been so long. We don't typically ask returning players to attend the academy but i can give you the option.

Also im going to change your display name to match your character name.

Vyrl

Awesome! I will work on that.

Yeah, I can go through the officer training course. Do I just post in the academy to go through that?

Thank you!

Julia Rellek

Awesome. After you complete the academy your rank will be ensign, science officer aboard the challenger.

A member of the academy team will setup your thread and post the link here when its all setup.

Welcome to SF!!!

Tekin Nevir

Welcome, Jacob.

I am Captain Tekin Nevir, Science Instructor for the Officer Training Course.  Your Academy Training Course is ready for you to begin.  I'll see you there.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.