Esmeralda Van'Roe - Reporting in (09/06/19)

Started by Katheryn Brighton, June 09, 2019, 09:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katheryn Brighton

Hi Esmeralda :)

Please post your application below.

[b]Character Details[/b]

[u]Character Name[/u]:
[u]Character Age[/u]:
[u]Character DOB[/u]:
[u]Character Image[/u]:
[u]Character Species[/u]:
[u]Gender[/u]:
[u]Character Family[/u]:
[u]Character Bio[/u]:

[b]Your Details[/b]

[u]Previous Role-Playing Experience[/u]:
[u]Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Secondary Department Preference[/u]:
[u]Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian[/u]:

[u]Sample post[/u]:

[u]Additional information[/u]:

[u]How did you find Shadow Fleet?[/u]

Academy Commandant

Esmeralda Van'Roe

Character Details

Character Name: Esmeralda Zuri Van'Roe
Character Age: 22
Character DOB: 19-03-2376

Character Image: Esme's appearance is based off of model: Oksana Butovskaya.

Character Species: Human

Character Family:

• Father: Sergeant Alexandre Van'Roe (55)
  • Mother: Estelle (49)
  • Sister: Genevieve (28)
  • Brother: Isaiah (27)
  • Brother: Brooklyn (27)
  • Sister: Eloise (23)
  • Brother: Zachary (15)
  • Sister: Peyton (14)
  • Sister: Charlotte (9)
  • Half Brother: Unknown

Character Bio:

Estelle's fifth pregnancy was, by no means, unexpected. It wasn't as 'congratulations' worthy as her first born had been, nor her second and third which were twins. By the time her fourth was conceived, the good news had become mundane, as though one was discovering it might rain the next day via a news channel. Sergeant Van'Roe was desensitised the most; he cared little about first steps and first words now that he had two strapping boys to turn into men, and subsequently train for the Armed Forces. Therefore, it was to nobody's delight but Estelle's when her fifth child was born, named Esmeralda after a cartoon tiger in one of Eloise's favourite cartoons. Blessed with fiery locks of red hair and bright green eyes, Estelle favoured Esmerelda for a few mere months, thrilled with her beauty but frustrated with her boisterous nature.

By seven years old, Esme was thrill seeking in any way possible and as long as she stayed out the way of her parents, she was free to do whatever she pleased. School was interesting to her but there was far too much 'reading' and not enough 'doing', and she quickly became a reason to write home about. Mortified by any negative attention to his good name, Sergeant Van'Roe took on a rather mean role. The older Esme got, the more she despised her Father, and the more her Father despised her. At 16, Esme had long traded in rebellion, and was now opting for theoretical smarts and fixing beaten down vehicles in the estate garage. She aspired to get away. Leave it all behind, start again.

Most of her teachers would argue that the only skills Esme possessed were that of charisma and sarcasm but nevertheless, she had enough support to motivate her application to join Starfleet. And she vowed that should she be accepted, she would work harder than she ever had before. If only to rub any such success in her Father's face, of course.

Personality: Esme loves to meet new people but she finds small talk incredibly difficult to navigate, she tries not to judge others as she's been subjected to being labelled and misunderstood her entire life. She's fine with being the centre of attention as long as it's not getting in the way of her doing something she wants to do. The majority of her time is spent alone as she needs quiet environments to embrace her hobbies. She wants to be a creator and she wants to be great at it, no matter the personal costs. She has a shaky self-esteem that alternates between 'nobody is perfect' and 'I'm not good enough' multiple times per day.

Likes: Cats, eating snacks/eating pasta (eating in general), fixing things, sunshine, and flirting with everyone.
Dislikes: Insects, being cold, violence, and her Father.
Hobbies: Reading romance novels, baking sweet treats, and tinkering.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I've been role-playing for 4 years, mostly written. I prefer 1x1 but I do role-play in groups as well and can RP multiple OCs if needed.
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Operations
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

>Except from a 1x1 WRP wherein Esme is already a Cadet<

Being alone, in itself, didn't worry her as she'd spent most of her life by herself. Whether she was under the hood of a vehicle in the family garage come storage unit, or programming data chips for no immediate reason, she was always on her own. Genevieve, her eldest sister, was a journalist and had spent the majority of her childhood in her bedroom writing. Isaiah and Brooklyn wanted to be famous at whatever the cost and so spent little time at home, and Eloise was - to put it bluntly - a bitch, and Esme never wanted to be around her. Esme often wondered if her upbringing would have been different should she had been closer in age to her younger siblings but even they were difficult to relate to. It was no wonder really that Esme had thought she was adopted for such a long time.

She finished her now cold coffee and binned the fruit salad before she purchased a bacon sandwich to go and a fresh coffee. The first thing she did was use her communicator to bring up a campus map and find the Academy Shop, it was a ten minute walk from the dining hall and Esme got lost twice but once she arrived, she was thrilled she'd made the effort. Behind the initial first two aisles of clothing, there were another four containing care essentials such as shampoo, conditioner, scented shower gels, and various utensils that one might use in a bathroom or kitchenette. A section on stationary held her attention for the most amount of time, and so she spent about 30 credits on fine-line colouring pens, folders with dividers, various pencils, panda shaped erasers, automatic sharpeners, gold and silver permanent markers, drawing pins in the shape of ducks, and some neon green paper clips - before, she had even made it to the confectionary. To her delight, there was a shelf dedicated to nougat flavours coated in chocolate and because she was now, technically, an adult living an adult life; she got 2 of each flavour and an additional 4 of her favourite which was salted caramel.

Receiving a bemused look from the cashier, Esme paid for her items with a deep blush on her neck, and regretted being so bold in her amounts. Perhaps buying a few at a time would have looked more sensibile and less like a child lose in a candy store. When she returned to her dorm, she had already eaten two of the salted caramel bars and a lime one which she wasn't certain she liked. She dropped her bag onto her bed and sighed, the room felt far emptier now T'Pring wasn't in it and she had an overwhelming feeling of displacement - as if she was hanging out in someone else's room without them. She figured putting her own belongings away might make her feel more at home so she checked the time, updated her to-do list and sent T'Pring a quick message. She doubted her roommate would reply any time soon unless she had a break but it made Esme feel a bit less lonely.

Additional information: My availability is golden right now.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?: I was told about it by Cat Duff.

Katheryn Brighton

An awesome application :)

Please standby whilst we sort out your assignment

Academy Commandant

Katheryn Brighton

Thank you for waiting :)

I can now confirm that you've been assigned to the Engineering department aboard the Athena. We'll get your OTC started asap and please report in to myself and @James Carter via pm,  and we can get you started :)

Academy Commandant

Ozu Saya

Hey, Esmeralda!

I've begun your Engineering OTC on the Academy board. Here's a link: https://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/eng-and-ops/engineering-otc-level-1-esmeralda-van'roe/new/#new

Please DM me here on the site or on Discord if you have any questions! I'm Chief Engine-Ears on Discord.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.