[u]How did you find Shadow Fleet?[/u]

Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Charles Stratton

b]Character Details[/b]

Character Name:  Charles Stratton
Character Age:    32
Character DOB:  March 20, 2342
Character Image:   http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9835/USnSMJ.jpg  Face Claim Michael Fassbender
Character Species:  Human
Character Family:  Father: Joseph Stratton, Divorced, Head Logistics Manager for Earth Space Dock Seven
Mother: Eddie Stratton, Divorced, Dean of Administration at Our Lady of Hope Infirmary
Sister:  Dr. Sarah Maynard, PHD in Early Childhood Development, Board member of the local school board, Current Professional of the Year, and author of the groundbreaking paper on mitigating early childhood traumas
Brother: Stanford Stratton, PHD in Psychology, Dean of Psychology at the University of Omaha, Pioneered the Breakheart Method, which is now the recognized standard.

Character Bio:  Charles grew up as the youngest and an average child in a family of competitive overachievers. Everything was a competition. It started with 'who could clean their rooms most efficiently and prove your process' and progressed to 'who can explain the Pythagorean Theorem and apply its use in everyday life'. Family fun night was more akin to family heated debate night.

While his siblings thrived on the constant push at competitions, it wore at Charles. He liked peace and order, and most of all quiet. He enjoyed doing things for enjoyment, rather than to see who would win. Needless to say, Charles never won the family fun nights, not the way the family saw winning. Rather, he realized at an early age, to stop and smell the roses. To recognize what you have at this moment, and appreciate it. This way of thinking was completely forreign to his family. They pegged him as a dreamer who would never meet their high academic standards.

Charles had always had a desire to go to space. To experience something more than terrestrial life could offer. He wanted to apply to StarFleet, but his parents were against it and he instead went on to earn a degree in Business Management. After University his father used his position to get him at job Space Dock Seven. At first Charles was thrilled, he had thoughts that he could move up in the corporate world at Space Dock Seven and eventually get to space.

But after five years of being the perfect employee, putting in the overtime and taking on extra jobs, in hopes of getting stationed at an off world space dock, he was passed over again. After some dogged digging and persistence, he found out why he had been passed over. His father had sabotaged him. Three times he had been up for the promotion. Three times his father killed it.

It was a pivotal moment for Charles. It solidified the fact that if he wanted something, he would have to fight for it, and go against his family's wishes. So at the age of 28, he quit his job and enlisted in Starfleet. Being older than the majority of cadets, he knew he had to work harder to prove that he deserved to be there. While the younger cadets were more apt to want to cut loose and party on down time, Charles studied. He had already experienced University extracurricular life and he found, looking back on it, there was nothing remarkable about enough, to do it again.

While Charles did not graduate at the top of his class, he also did not graduate at the bottom. Space was within his grasp.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience:  I have been roleplaying for 35 years. I started when the internet was a dialup on a 1200 baud modem and postings were made to bulletin boards services like compuserve. From bulletin boards I moved up to AOL and then progressed to IRC and PBEM, and then on to forums.

For me, roleplaying is a way to tell a story. My characters will have flaws, and foibles. But these can be exacerbated or mitigated by the other characters involved in their stories. Therefore I consider all my characters 'work in progress'.

My characters take on a life of their own, and sometimes even though I want the character to go in one direction, they end up going another because they become real in a sense. They can be dark and moody; even down right evil and vindictive, but rest assured it is "In Character' and there is no out of character insult meant to another player.

Department Preference:  Operations
Secondary Department Preference:  Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian:  Enlisted

Sample post: The holidays were over, having been ruined as usual by his mother and father. Though divorced, they still saw each other socially and gathered their extended families together at Christmas. Granted they didn't view the Christmas dinner as being ruined, to them, the night had been a rousing success.

The family divided into two camps, heatedly arguing over every action, even how to serve the food, eldest to youngest, or clockwise about the table. Each member at the table was expected to give a well thought out argument as to their choice. And everyone but him wholeheartedly embraced the debate. Even his nephews, who six and seven, jumped into the fray with unabashed vigor, offering a third option, youngest to oldest.

Charles honestly did not see the need to debate everything. So when it was his turn, he simply aligned himself with his nephews and said no more. Then the arguing started afresh.

"Well that was a wasted vote, Charles. You could have at least tried." Sarah said scornfully.

"Precisely Charles, why vote with the children? They have no possibility of winning. It's obvious." Sarah's husband Marshall agreed, backing up his wife.

"The parameters were clearly stated. You obviously were not paying attention. You never do. Change your vote, and state your basis." His mother admonished him.

"No. I will not be changing my vote. My vote is my vote, whether you choose to accept it or not." He paused, and stood up, "However I find I am not feeling well." It wasn't a lie. The whole ordeal was stomach turning. "I wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year. I fly tomorrow and am due to receive my commission soon. I am not sure when I will see you in person again." He glanced at his nephews and smirked. "The indecisive debate, those who know they are right, act."

Charles left the table, as yet another debate began to rage, "It is not indecisiveness! It is hearing all the arguments and..." The sentence abruptly cut off as the seven year old jumped and decisively grabbed a turkey leg and began eating.

Charles looked back from the front door as his nephew shouted, with a mouthful of turkey, "Youngest to Oldest wins!"

Additional information: Charles is a quiet person. He watches more than inserts himself into situations. He keeps his own council unless he recognizes a point that is being overlooked. Then he will state his case and await the outcome.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?  Link on Absinthe

Katheryn Brighton

Welcome Charles :-)

A great application and before we assign you to a SIMM, an academy instructor will be with you shortly to start your academy training course.

Once this is completed, you'll be able to post on your assigned SIMM :)

Academy Commandant

Charles Stratton

Jada

Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.