Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Leaving
« on: January 30, 2019, 03:14:44 pm »
The orders came as a huge surprise and not necessarily a pleasant one.
"Notice of transfer" Fells read and sat down without continuing to read.
Why would he be transfered after such a short time? Did he do such a bad job? Or had his past caught up to him? But what about the recent promotion? Something didn't add up.
Slightly disgruntled Fells scrolled further down and continued reading. There was no specific reason just that there had been some personell changes and he was being transfered to a starbase.
"Shit." He muttered. He had always enjoyed serving on a ship, exploring space, venturing to new unknown spaces.
A base was the last place he wanted to be stationed on.
"Which one?" He scrolled a little further.
'COLUMBUS'
Suddenly he had to smile.
Lea's residence. Wow, that was quite unexpected and suddenly the transfer didn't seem quite so bad anymore.

He grabbed his padd and decided to tell his superior (who most likely already knew) and some of the people he had gotten know like Tominsa, Helga and Petriel.

Offline ShranLahr ch'Verret

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • DJ Lahr is in the House!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Leaving
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 01:31:47 am »
PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck 9 - Tactical Officer's office]

When Fells approached Lahr who was reviewing that weeks firearms inventory with news of the transfer, Lahr had been surprised.  It seemed Lt Taray, had neglected to tell the Andorian anything about it. 

"Well, it may not be the best timed, but we need to have you a farewell party.  Let's meet at Luigi's pizzeria at like.. 1800 hrs?... for a night of video games and pizza.  My treat! Invite whoever you like. I'll extend the invitation to the higher ups. They may pop by, you never know."

After Fells left to speak to the team, Lahr sent out invites to the Senior officers

To: Captain Torngate, Commander Solluk, Lt Cmdr Vaughan, Lt Lek, Lt Taray
Subject:  Farewell Party for PO Fells Halgerdur
Time:  Today.  1800hrs

The security team will be gathering to say farewell and good journeys to one of our own who has been transferred to another assignment.   We hope you can stop in and join in the revelry and pass on your well wishes.

Lahr

[USS Challenger - Deck 5 - Luigi's Pizzeria (and Arcade) 1800hrs]
For Fells' party, Lahr had reserved the Arcade section of the store.  He'd pre-ordered 5 pizza's - including one Hawaiin - his favorite, and had Tony forewarned that they might need more depending on who and how many Fells invited.

Mujambi arrived with Freeman and the two headed straight for the games consoles and were soon in a friendly competition playing 'Mortal Combat'.

zh'Tianihr showed up next, and seeing Fells - the guest of honor - wasn't there yet she went to order a drink from Tony. 
Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:41:07 pm »
Fells hadn't expected to be transfered so quickly and he definetly didn't expect the fare well party. Except for a few people he worked with,he didn't know anybody well because a few months wasn't enough.
He had always felt unsure about Lahr but now he actually considered him a friend.

Before he could join the others at the party he had to finish a few formalities like filling in a transportation request and a report.
He rubbed his hand over his face because 'online forms' always wore him out. They never worked at first and he simply hated them.

So he was glad when he made his way to the farewell party. This time dressed in casual clothes. A bit of stubble was growing on his chin because he hadn't maintained the clean shave after receiving the orders.
A few of the security men were already there playing games, so the blonde stepped up to them and greeted them with a friendly pat on the back.
"Looks like you're already having fun! No drinks?" He looked around. The waitress didn't see him, so he walked over to the bar and leaned his elbows on it to get her attention.
"A Caluan Slinger, please." He ordered one of the drinks he had learned to mix while on Columbus. It was his favourite because it was fruity and strong.
"Wow, really?" The young woman said. "We have beer, wine, whiskey and premixed longdrinks...sorry, darling."
Fells grinned. "I'll take a beer then."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:45:25 pm by Fells Halgerdur »

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:29:03 pm »
[USS Challenger - Deck 9 - Tactical Officer's office]

Lek yawned as he entered the small office. He was about at his limits, but Fells was a decent sort and figured he could make a short appearance before heading back to his quarters for some much needed sleep.

"I got the word you are being transferred. Life in Starfleet never lets you get too comfortable. Hope the new assignment works out. What is there to drink? Vodka I hope."
Alt of Ian Galloway

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 04:53:19 am »
PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck 5 - Luigi's Pizzeria (and Arcade) 1800hrs]

"Hey! Finally the man of the hour!" Lahr greeted as he approached Fells at the bar.  "Make that two... I'll have the same and put all his drinks on my tab."

Once they received their drinks, Lahr raised his in toast.  "Y'know Fells, weren't here long, but you definitely made a strong impression during the time you were here.  None of us are going to soon forget you.  You've done good work here." 

Then Lahr got a mischievous glint to his eye. "Yeah, I'm sure you'll climb the ranks even quicker now that you don't have me downplaying everything you do and taking the credit." the Andorian dead-panned the comment as he clinked the two glasses together.  Lahr's straight face lasted for all of 5 heartbeats before he laughed. "Seriously, dude.  You'll be missed."

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 02:12:00 pm »

"Everything is on you?" Fells brows shot up. That was an unexpected and generous move.
"I'm getting wasted tonight then." He announced his plan. Why the heck not. Last time when everyone was celebrating he was just on his third drink when the call of duty came in.

He smiled at him. "You're actually a very cool boss, I'm kinda sad to be transfered now. I liked working with you. Good times." He liked the challenges Lahr had given him and how much he trusted him with important tasks.
"Mostly...good times." The dagger in the back didn't count towards those. The rest of his duty on the Challenger did, though.
"I'll miss the excitement."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 02:14:56 pm by Fells Halgerdur »

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 10:05:54 pm »
PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck 5 - Luigi's Pizzeria (and Arcade)]

Lahr grinned and held up a hypo before tucking it into his pocket. 

"You and I both, Fells." laughed the Andorian, as his goals mirrored the departing petty officer. 

Lahr smiled at the man's compliment.  "Well, I'd say its easy to be a good boss when you got great people that work under you... but nah you're right.  It's all me!"

The Andorian's wide grin however belied his words.  "You're gonna have it so easy on the Starbase, compared to the action we get.  I'm almost jealous.  And I hear that you got a woman over there already?  How'd you manage that?"

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 05:21:00 am »
"Well, look at me...handsome and smart." He adapted to Lahrs joking manner.

The waitress came over with their drinks, so Fels thanked her and lifted his glass. Thanks for being this welcoming. Appreciate it."
He had a big gulp. The beer here wasn't as good as on earth but still better than water.
"Tell me about the work on a Starbase. I imagine it's pretty boring."

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 12:10:58 am »
PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr gave a bit of a shrug.  "Don't know what to say, dude... I'm sure they have their moments but yeah I can't imagine it being lively as it is on ship.  Mind you I could be wrong... maybe doing security at customs you might get a bomb-threat or two... ". But it sounded far-fetched even to Lahr.

Before the pair could grouse more about station-security work, in walked Helga.  She strode up to Fells. 

"So, Fells, you are leaving us soon.  Couldn't hack it?"

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 02:20:28 pm »
Fells never knew how to take this woman. She was more of a man to him than most men. Mostly because of how easily she had beat him.
"Hack what?" He didn't know what she meant but still told her. "Thanks for seeing me off. Nice of you. I'll miss being stomped into the mat by you." He smirked at the memory.
The security crew of Challenger sure had grown on him.
"Have a drink...."
He had another sip of his. The plan was to get wasted...fast.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 03:18:54 am »
PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret
and

NPC Crewman Helga Tragnar

Helga gave Fells' shoulder a friendly punch, laughing when he didn't understand her slang which basically implied that he was leaving because he couldn't handle working security on such an active ship. 

When Fells commented that he would miss being stomped by her, she grinned toothily. "I could give you one last demonstration of that if you like." The Klingon hybrid taunted.  But given Fells seemed to be enjoying his drink, she gave up on the posturing and ordered a bloodwine.

When she got her drink, she lifted it in toast towards Fells.  " 'Iwllj jachjaj."  which his universal translator (in his comm badge or in his ear implant if he has one) would translate to literally 'May your blood scream.' but effectively meaning 'Cheers!'

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 04:37:24 pm »
"I'm sure you'd enjoy rolling around with me once more...." He also gave her a mischievous grin. Truth be told, he would rather not go up against her anymore because the last time wasn't a fond memory.

When she said 'may your blood scream' Fells eyes narrowed and he cocked his head to the side. Silently he wondered whether this was an insult or actually a toast. Judging by her body language it was a bit of both. So he lifted his glass and nodded.
"And yours....I'll surely remember you on my new assignment...and that saying....what was it? Jachjaj..."

Fells finished his drink fast and felt a buzz come on, which was absolutely intended. He somehow needed to process this sudden transfer.

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 12:31:19 am »
PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr raised his beer at Helga's toast and joined in the toast taking an long swallow.  The Andorian looked to Helga when Fells asked how to pronounce the Klingon toast.

Helga took a sip of her bloodwine before answering. " 'Iwllj jachjaj.  It's a  generic toast...  but doesn't translate well.  If that's what's got you confused."

Then she went on to add, "And you better remember me, or I'll have to visit your station to give you a reminder."

Lahr chuckled, thinking how, as much as he was thinking of transferring departments... he would never want to be stuck on a starbase. 

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles