News:

Shadowfleet is on DISCORD! Find us here!

Main Menu

Personal Log- Dylan Torngate

Started by Dylan Torngate, December 26, 2017, 09:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Computer, begin log.

Wow, where to begin. Ever sense I made the mistake that erased my past logs, I've meant to be taking new ones, at least, separate from my own Captain's Log. These are more... personal. More me. And thankfully, they'll never be seen or heard of by anyone else.

Sigh

OK, where to begin. I guess, since I deleted my previous log, I should go through and create all new entries, thinking over my career in Starfleet. It's been... a long road, getting from there to here.

Well let's start. Dylan T. Torngate, Born August 19, 2371. Service history... one mess-up after another. Postings of note... I guess... uh, let's see... SS Antares, SS Tranquility,  USS Chin'Toka, USS Phoenix, USS Athena, USS Challenger.

*Another sigh is heard, and the clink of a glass of some kind*

I guess I should continue with a rundown of my history... at least, my Starfleet ones. Starting with the Chin'Toka, as a Cadet, I managed to scream down a room full of my superior officers, including at least one Admiral and two Captains about being overworked in Engineering. As right as I was, this was right after something went wrong on the shuttle I was on and I almost blew up my own Commanding Officer... all in all, not a great plan. Somehow managed to stay in the Fleet.

After that, there's the Phoenix... and there's a mess-up I don't even want to get into. Guess I'll save that for the next time.

Computer, end and encrypt log.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Dylan Torngate

Computer, begin log and replay last entry.

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 26, 2017, 09:47:02 PM

... Officer... all in all, not a great plan. Somehow managed to stay in the Fleet.
After that, there's the Phoenix... and there's a mess-up I don't even want to get into. Guess I'll save that for the next time.

Right. OK. We can start there.

Phoenix. Good ship, Nebula class, solid design, solid crew. That is, until we got a distress call from the late USS Discovery, retired reciently I think. Uhhh... jeez, what happened there... Well, we got mind-controlled and I tried to fly the ship into the sun. That's about all I can really remember clearly. Didn't go so well for anyone involved. We all made it out though... more or less. Not my finest hour, pulling a phaser on the Captain's and CEO's kids? Jeez, that was a mess. Two for two on the "Screw-it-up" scale, I guess.

After that we spent a long while repairing the ship- but not being in control of your own conscious thoughts is certainly something that sticks with you.

A sigh is heard again, as well as a few inaudible mumbled words

Computer... delete this log entry.

Shadow Fleet

Dylan Torngate

Begin Personal Log. Encrypt, pattern Sierra One Blue Six. Delete if tampered.

Computer, download all previous log entries after log ID 8227638 and present to the isolinear chip in this terminal.

*A beep is heard, as the request is fulfilled.*

Computer, delete all log entries since 8227638. Overwrite with data, destruction protocol SFI-9228.

*Dylan sighs, before clearing his throat.*

Well... shit. I really stumbled into it this time. Can't say much, just have to follow this trail and see where it leads. This log will act as bait, hopefully, see if anyone's poking in where they don't belong.

If you're hearing this, you better forget you ever heard this.

End log.

Shadow Fleet

Dylan Torngate

Computer, begin log. Same encryption and security protocols.

I guess since this log is still here, nobody's listening in on me. That's good. I don't like the atmosphere here, nor some of the people. Guess that comes with the territory.

A sigh is heard.

This is gonna be pretty short, but if you've looked at the news recently? Let's just say this sector is going to hell in a handbasket. Not only am I in a desk job, and rubbing elbows with the Romulans, but there's been an increasing number of terror attacks in this area. DS4 has become more important than ever when it comes to waving the flag of security for the Federation.

I think the last attack left two dead and half a dozen wounded. An unidentified person or persons in the night planted a bomb. That bomb used a molecular decay detonator.

Call me crazy, but that device according to my techs is a favorite among Romulans. We may have a bigger problem on our hands, but for now, the 82nd hasn't been requested.

A knock is heard.

Computer, pause log.

Shadow Fleet

Dylan Torngate

Computer, resume.

Ugh. No, Randy, I don't want to go inspect the new arriving vessel. I've taken a look at the last six. Every ship has the same basic issues. Old hardware, neglected maintenance, and out-of-date systems. If I got many more of these ships, I could probably start a museum. The 82nd is supposed to be one of the most fortified fleets we have... but not if they keep sending me ships like this.

Speaking of the ship, you'll never guess what class it is. Ptolemy class. Late 23rd-century tug. It's got a weird name, too. Nelo Oumriel, which I'm told means "A little special friend" or something of the kind.

It's Haliian, which I admittedly don't know how to pronounce so either that's correct or someone is pulling my leg. Imagine doing that, slipping a joke name past Starfleet and getting it put on a Starship for all to see. What's next, naming one "Boaty McBoatface"?

I have duty in an hour. I might as well eat something.

End log.

Shadow Fleet

Dylan Torngate

Begin Log.

Had my third medical treatment today. They had me sit in a room with this weird red glowing orb. The doctors stood outside, but I don't remember the treatment. I guess I did alright, cuz it was shorter than usual.

On another note, I finally figured out what was bothering me. It seems so clear now, and it'd been hazy before.

All I know is that it's about time Starfleet took a more active role in the Federation. If the Federation can't protect people, maybe it's time Starfleet took over...

End log.

Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.