July Award Ceremony 2019

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, July 03, 2019, 11:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Hello Crew of the Challenger!

As always here is are the ribbons for our bi-annual awards.  It is a pleasure to do this for the very first time as your Captain.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Service Ribbons

6 Month Service Ribbon
ShranLahr ch'Verret
Jehamy Jex

1 Year Service Ribbon
Mondo'il Nari

2 Year Service Ribbon
Lek

3 Year Service Ribbon
Ruth Sigurdsdottir
Lizzie Vaughan**

5 Year Service Ribbon
Sukal

Meritorious Service Ribbon
Awarded to players upon promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer.
Ruth Sigurdsdottir
Sukal
Posting Ability

Posting Excellence Award
This award goes to a player who has demonstrated consistent high quality posting skills.

In this case several players deserved this:

Lizzie Vaughan**
Sukal
Mondo'il Nari
ShranLahr ch'Verret
Lek

Most Improved Player Award
ShranLahr ch'Verret
Richard J. Litt

Descriptive Combat Award
ShranLahr ch'Verret
Lek

Best Newcomer Award
Lyra
Richard J. Litt

Technical Precision Award
Sukal
ShranLahr ch'Verret

Most Engaging Member Award
Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most emotionally engaging, scene setting posts.
Mondo'il Nari
Sukal
Lek

Best Duo Award

Awarded in January and July to the two players who have shown the highest levels of cooperation.

Lek and Sukal

Rib Tickler Award
Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
Lek
(Sukal and I agreed - when you have people talking on the general room on Discord about toothbrush hull scrubbing duties... and giggling... yeah that warrants a Rib Tickler award!)
Extra Contribution

Captain's Personal Merit Award

While I'd like to award this to the whole crew, you've been so supportive to me since I took command, there are two who stand head and shoulders above the rest of the crew (possibly literally too LOL). More about that below too.

Sukal
Lizzie Vaughan**

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award

Lek
Lieutenant Lek has been a stalwart member of the crew, and has consistently aided the ship in the progression of the mission while working with me on various plots to capture the USS REDAV.  His posts while planning with me in the mission:  Revelations was something I always looked forward to from curiosity on how he would react to my twisted and unusual ideas.  For this, I believe he more than earns the XO Personal Merit award in helping me flesh out our plans. ~ Lt. Comm. Sukal, Executive Officer

Crew Choice Award
Sukal

Outstanding Commitment Award

These are awarded in January and July to players who are always online and posting regularly in missions.

Sukal
Mondo'il Nari
ShranLahr ch'Verret
Lek

Contribution Award

This is awarded in January and July to players who make contributions outside of missions. These could include submitting mission ideas and helping new members settle in.

Lek
ShranLahr ch'Verret

Vaughan Outstanding Contribution Award
Awarded in January and July to players who make outstanding continued contributions outside of missions. These could include assisting the commanding officer with important tasks or temporarily taking on command officer responsibilities. The Contribution Award must be earned before this award.
Sukal
Mondo'il Nari
I feel I must offer some form of 'citation' here...

From the moment I set foot on the Challenger, and especially upon finding myself flung into a war zone at the end of a season arc, not having a clue what was going on, these 4 players have stepped up and helped me.  For about half of my 'tenancy' of Captain, I was without even the semblance of a command team.  Mondo and Lahr stepped in and helped by providing season synopses, pointing me in the right directions and importantly giving me the 'You're ok, you're doing fine!' talks on Discord... as well as pointing out a fair few little mistakes that I made in subtle enough ways for me to correct without looking like a complete fool! So my favourite blue man, and my ever-faithful 'Battle Butler'... my eternal thanks.

Lek, bless him is my barometer. If Lek is as happy as a curmudgeonly Ferengi Engineer can be, then all's right with the world! He has the guts to tell me when I'm messing up.  And to quote a Captain I had when I first started on SF... 'I can't fix it if I don't know it's broke!' so thank you... you've earned this many times over.

And Sukal, from the second he came back to Shadowfleet and set foot on the Challenger, even before he was made Executive Officer... that is the capacity that he has operated in, both on the SIMM and off helping me in ways I didn't know I needed helped, even before I needed to ask.  Number One - you are outright awesome!

To you all - Thank you.

Once again... congratulations. Awards will be assigned... well I'm about to do them, bear with me!

**Please note, it is with regret that the ribbons listed for Dr. (Lt. Cmdr.) Lizzie Vaughan are awarded posthumously, she earned them all many times over.  May she Rest In Peace and always have a place in our hearts.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Lek

Well, wow, Thank you, Lek is going to have to put some of those ribbons on the back of his tunic. You are far too kind.

Alt of Ian Galloway

ShranLahr ch'Verret

Congratulations to all on the recognition and awards!

and 'Thank You' for so many unexpected awards, as Lek noted.. you are overly generous.
I will continue to strive to be there for you (and the ship) whenever needed. 

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Mondo'li Nari

It has been an honor to serve with so many excellent players on the Challenger.  :-)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Awww you all make me so proud to be your Captain! **hugs**

Richard James Litt

Thank you so much... I didn't expect that honour... I'm flattered.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Richard James Litt on July 04, 2019, 10:57:25 AM

Thank you so much... I didn't expect that honour... I'm flattered.

You earned it Ensign! :P

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.