Author Topic: Challenger JAN 2019 Awards - Part Three  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Challenger JAN 2019 Awards - Part Three
« on: January 04, 2019, 04:16:39 pm »
Am I going to just copy off of Solluk's theme for the awards thread? YOU BET I AM!

Let's get going.

Challenger January 2019 Award Season  Part III

Welcome to the third and final part of the January 2019 Awards for the Challenger. If you haven't already, please go and take a look at threads I and II, to see some more of the awards given out this cycle.

To round out our final awards thread, I have five awards I will be giving out. Let's jump right in.

Captain's Personal Merit

To start this out, there is one person that I simply could not run this ship without. He's always picked up when I need to back off, or told me off if I wasn't doing my job. He's kept the ship going, and has continually been a great person to write alongside and to work with. That person is our XO, Commander Solluk. Without him, I'd be completely lost.

Best Duo

This award goes out to two people who work well together, to a team who continually blows us away with the quality and partnership of their posts. The two people in question here have written together wonderfully, even through a change in characters. The two writers have so interesting and different characters, yet seem to always mesh well together. The two winners of this award are Lieutenant Lek and PO2

Yes, you read that right, PO2. You're out of uniform, Petty Officer. Get that nameplate updated.

Most Engaging Member

This award goes out to a newer arrival on the Challenger. The award goes out to someone who writes 'Engaging' Posts... no duh! In our minds, the winner of this award has high-intensity, high-enthusiasm posts that really capture the mood and humanistic reaction of the characters when pressed with adversity. In light of this, the winner of this award is PO3 Fells Halgerdur!

Yay! Another surprise promotion. Whoooo! You're also out of uniform.

Posting Excellence

When it comes to talking about this award, Solluk and I had similar thought patterns. I will now completely ignore this thought and assign it to not just the one person we had talked about, but two. The Posting Excellence awards go to members who demonstrate (In what is sure to be a complete shock) high-quality, or excellent, posts! Wow! Amazing!

Regardless, there are two people who really stand out in their posting to me with consistent high-detail, high-quality posts that just blow me out of the water with how good the posts and their writers are. I am pleased to award this to both Commander Solluk and Ensign Alexa Costa!

Technical Precision

This award was once described to me and I have never been able to top it. So, instead of trying, I will be shamelessly stealing from my former CO, Constance Lafayette in my description of this award.

Quote from: Constance Lafayette
Technical Precision Award
So the technical precision award is given to someone who not only knows (at a glance) the difference between a Nova class and a Rhode Island class but can argue the finer points about their deck layout or that you can rely on to know exactly what a Metreon cascade is and how it can impact the skin of a victim (don't look it up). It's my pleasure to give this award to...

Lieutenant Commander Lizzie Vaughan

Congrats to all, and thank you for another great six months on the site. I look forward to spending another six with you!

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Alexa Costa

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • SHINY
  • Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Challenger JAN 2019 Awards - Part Three
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 04:56:54 pm »
How lovely! This means a lot to me, I am delighted. Thanks so much bosses!  ;D

Congrats again everyone!

Bio: Lex Costa
Alt of Felicity Ellis

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:25:34 pm »
Some unexpected content there.  Thank you, Cap.  Er... Admiral!  And congrats to our very worthy players!  :-)
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline ShranLahr ch'Verret

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • DJ Lahr is in the House!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 01:27:24 am »
woo hoo!  PO2!!  Thank you Admiral!
And thank you Lek for being an amazing posting partner!
Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:00:02 am »
I'm stunned. What a joy. Thank you!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »
Congrats to everyone x 3!!!

Your awards have been pinned to your accounts.

If I missed any, please pm your great clo staff!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 03:21:49 pm »
@Kirok,

Thank you for taking care of this bit of administrative red tape.  We appreciate what you do behind the scenes to keep everything running smoothly. 

Cheers!
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Jehamy Jex

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Armed with a teaspoon and an open mind.
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 03:22:42 pm »
Agreed. I now have 2 shiny ribbons!

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 03:36:30 pm »
@Kirok,

Thank you for taking care of this bit of administrative red tape.  We appreciate what you do behind the scenes to keep everything running smoothly. 

Cheers!

It is my honor and pleasure to pin the awards.

I love the awards ceremonies!

Pinning awards one of the best things that I get to do in my current capacity as Fleet Admiral!

All are well deserved!

Congrats again to all!

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles