News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Challenger JAN 2019 Awards - Part One

Started by Solluk, January 01, 2019, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solluk

Challenger January 2019 Award Season  Part I

As we look back on the past year of the Challenger Sim, there is much to celebrate and many fine officers and crew to recognize.

This is Part One of the January 2019 Awards Season List.  The Captain will be posting more awards soon!

Cheers!

TIME IN SERVICE

As we begin, I wish to celebrate the award we give for putting roots in the community, growing tall, and granting us all the gentle shade under which we congregate to enjoy our stories of exploration, action, and drama.

HONORABLE MENTION

Scott Bradley - Scott Bradley is an old hand who was with the fleet at its inception, some 12 years ago.  While we have no 12 year award, I wanted to acknowledge a member who was with us during the laying of our foundations and keystone.  Good to have you with us, Scott!

TWO YEARS

Dylan Torngate - Our illustrious Captain come Admiral is not only the man who leads us as an individual sim, but also the technical know-how behind the entire fleet website.  We literally could not function without him.

Elizabeth Vaughan - Our Second Officer is named Elizabeth, but I have found her to be Johnny on the spot whenever the plot needs moving forward.  We have been lucky to have her these past two years.

ONE YEAR

Lek - Lek's presence on the Challenger is so deeply felt that it is hard to imagine the sim without him.  He has contributed essential tech to the Challenger's design, and essential character moments to the Challenger's story.

Thanks to all who have been with the Fleet for so long, and who have invested themselves in Challenger's success!
CREW'S CHOICE

The Crew's Choice poll was held for a week, with the senior-most officers abstaining from the vote so it could truly be a vote of the crew.

And yet, I find that had I voted, the results would not have changed one wit.

Petty Officer ch'Verret has been every bit the strong team player and plot shaker that his predecessor was.  I find myself wishing that our rules allowed for such exemplary individuals to hold multiple senior positions in the fleet.  Barring that, ch'Verret, I hope you enjoy the laurels levied upon you by your compatriots.

Please join me in raising a toast to ch'Verret, the Crew's Choice!   

Executive Officer's Personal Merit Award

One of my favorite things about award season is that as XO, I have the opportunity to hand out an award personally to an exceptional individual of my choice.  This year, it should be no surprise that I extend this award to...

Lt. Cmdr Vaughan.  Doctor Vaughan's excellent responsiveness in every mission helps forward the adventures we write together.  I think it is only a matter of time before we see Doctor Vaughan enjoying an XO's chair of her own.

Please join me in celebrating Commander Vaughan and her contributions to the Challenger!

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

ShranLahr ch'Verret

Way to go guys!

I just received my one year service for Rayek and I'm looking forward to getting my 6 month service in July for Lahr.  It's hard to believe he's only been around less than 4 months.  He's become an integral part of my day.  I get up in the morning and look forward to checking for new posts that I can respond to.  Lek, Fells you guys rock!  I hope over the course of the next 6 months I'll get around to posting more with the others who are not in Lahr's immediate circle.

And I give a hearty congrats to Liz!

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your simm experience!

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.