Eli Ferris-Reporting In (March 16, 2013)

Started by Eli Ferris, March 16, 2013, 04:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli Ferris

b]Character Details[/b]

Character Name: Eli Ferris
Character Age: 25
Character DOB: March 15, 2365
Character Image: http://stavatars.com/viewer/big_viewer.php?img_dir=avatars&image=3557_fox-matthew-180.png
Character Species: Human-Romulan
Character Family: Elrochi Ferris (mother), Benjamin Ferris (father), Naomi Ferris-Rochester (older sister)
Character Bio: Eli was born on Mars as his father worked as a civilian engineer for Utopia Planitia and his mother served as hand-to-hand combat instructor for low gravity training at the Starfleet base. Eli grew up watching starships being built and launched, creating a fascination with their building and creating at a young age.
His mom, Elrochi, is a Romulan native who fled her homeworld out of fear of the Tal Shiar and their militant anti-reunification campaign. She was held by Section 31 briefly, before being allowed to live on Earth. There, she met Ben Ferris, a Starfleet Engineer, serving on the Eastern Coast of the American Continent, testing hull integrity underwater. Soon after they were married, the Ferris' moved to Mars as part of continuing hull testing. As the Dominion War heated up, there was the constant concern of being moved to a frontline unit, dividing their young family.
Naomi was born in the year 2359, with Eli following about 6 years later. Both were old enough to get the sense that something was wrong as their dad worked long hours and their mom seemed more worried. Inheriting some of his mom's temper, Eli was prone to breaking things in a fit of anger. His dad took the time to teach his son some measure of Vulcan meditation, as well as some of the family's Jewish traditions. His mom also taught him the basic disciplines of martial arts, allowing for a more constructive expression.
Eli spent much of his life around ships, but was more interested in flying them and building them, like his father. He did enjoy model ship building, and began building model sailing ships from history, both Earth and Romulan. His hobby turned more serious as he began flying from Earth to Mars for school trips. He also continued to develop physically, enjoying gymnastics and aikido. He also developed a skill at writing and drawing, often carrying a sketch pad with him.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: I have role-played in several settings, including play by email simms (PBEM) set in a similar era of Star Trek as a Marine Captain, and an assistant medical officer. I also wrote a chief security officer and chief medical officer for a simm set in Abrams universe.
Not Star Trek experience include writing characters for Star Wars sims, both online games and through forum based posts.

Department Preference: Flight Control

Secondary Department Preference: Medical

Sample post:
Eli Ferris entered the USS Lincoln with a sense of eager anticipation and worry. He had recently left the Starbase to join up with the Lincoln prior to its shipping out and had already stumbled over a bulkhead.
"Sometimes I miss Mars." He muttered to himself, holding his duffle closer to himself. He had lived on Earth for some time now, and yet, there were still moments were he misjudged something or reached too soon. It was a frustrating feeling for him, one that he tried to shake as he entered the room of his immediate supervisor.
"Crewman Eli Ferris, reporting for duty." Ferris stood at attention, waiting for the chief's acknowledgement.
The chief turned at his entrance, and greeted him. She was a tall human, dressed in the standard Starfleet uniform, though she had a tool kit slung over her shoulder. Ferris seemed to have interrupted her in the middle of a task.
"At ease, crewman and welcome to the Lincoln. I'm Chief Lorenz. If you'll follow me, I'll show you to your quarters."
"Yes, mam." Ferris followed behind Lorenz, as they moved through the ship. It was only a short distance by lift from the chief's office to the enlisted personnel's quarters.
"This is your billet. There are three other crewmembers who you will be rooming with. I believe Crewman Carraway is off duty. Crewmembers Nargon and Terris are waiting for me in Shuttlebay 3. "
"Do you need a hand, mam?" Ferris asked. He paused at the door, not sure whether to enter or help out. "I would like to get to work as soon as possible."

Additional information:
Looking at the enlisted specialties, I can either flight control or medical working since both have Search and Rescue options. Eli is physically stronger as well, due to Romulan background. I felt that a Romulan hybrid could work because of the more positive attitude during the Dominion War but prior to Shinzon.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?
I saw a comment about it on StarTrek.com's boards.

kawolsky

Welcome to Shadow Fleet, Eli!

I enjoyed reading over your application and would be delighted to accept you into the fleet as a Flight Control Crewman on the USS Gibson.

As explained in the guidance notes, all new applicants to Shadow Fleet join as enlisted crewmen to gain the necessary skills, experience and knowledge of how we operate. You will begin at the rate of Crewman Recruit and, after one week of active posting, will be promoted to Crewman Apprentice and awarded your own signature ID card like mine below. You will also have the opportunity to select an enlisted trade in which to specialize.

Once you attain the enlisted rate of Petty Officer Third Class, you may then apply for the Officer Training Course at Shadow Fleet Academy (during one of our Commissioned Officer Recruiting Periods (CORPs)) or simply continue down the enlisted route with the chance to earn highly prized Senior Enlisted Command positions. We have implemented this structure to maintain a good ratio of officers to enlisted crewmen but also to allow all Academy courses to run concurrently, as opposed to sporadically.

You may find out more information on the promotion structure or indeed any other aspect of our fleet by reading through the Help Files.

Unless you have any questions or queries about joining our community, please report in to Commander Riley T. Munro (via private message) and they will happily introduce you to the rest of the crew.

Once again, welcome to Shadow Fleet! I am sure you'll enjoy your time with us.

Eli Ferris

Thank you, Admiral!
I have sent a PM to Commander Munro as well as posted to the Gibson Welcome thread.
It is great to see such a warm welcome :)

kawolsky

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.