[Ashlynn Ren Morgaine - Reporting In - 13 July, 2016]

Started by Ashlynn Ren Morgaine, July 14, 2016, 04:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Character Details

Character Name: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine (Nickname:Ash)
Character Age: 23
Character DOB: 12 July, 2371
Character Image:
Face Claim: Jessica Heap
Character Species: Human
Character Family: Father:Brendan Morgaine, Mother: Seraphina Morgaine, Brother: Darren Morgaine
Character Bio:
Ashlynn Ren Morgaine was born to Brendan and Seraphina Morgaine on the evening of 12 July, 2371 in the lunar colony of Fortuna.  Growing up, she could more often than not be found in the colony's library, which was run by her parents.  She loved to spend her time exploring the shelves with her younger brother, Darren, and would happily spend hours in her beloved stacks of old adventure novels and tomes of mythology.  When Ashlynn, known as "Ash" by her friends and family, graduated from high school, she chose not to pursue a university education.  This came as a shock to everyone, for Ash had always proven herself to be quick witted with a burning passion for learning, but when questioned about her choice, her only response was, "Universities are for studying, not learning.  The only way to learn is by living.  As long as I'm still studying, I might as well do so at our library where I can study what I wish."  Brendan and Seraphina were confused by their daughter's position, but were still more than happy to give her a position in the library.

For the next four years, Ash both excelled at and enjoyed her job, and everyone who saw her at work assumed that one day she would step into the position of head librarian, currently held by her father.  Yet, for all of the comfort and joy her current life held, Ash was dissatisfied.  She didn't belong here.  Studying wasn't enough anymore.  She wanted to see the worlds that she had spent her life reading about.  At the very least she needed to see something other than the bleak, boring landscape of her moon.  She needed to live, and only by doing so could she truly learn.

It was for that reason that the day after her twenty-third birthday, Ashlynn abruptly packed a small duffle along with her satchel of favorite books and left without warning to anyone but her brother.  She was going to see the universe whatever way she could.  The starship just happened to be the most logical option at the time.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Brief experience on a fantasy forum several years ago, as well as casual live action experience
Department Preference: Mess Hall Manager
Secondary Department Preference: Counselor
Commissioned, Enlisted, or Civilian: Civilian

Sample Post:
"You're leaving! What do you mean, Á¢â,¬ËœYou're leaving?!'" her brother exclaimed as she pulled another book off her shelf and slid it in a quickly filling satchel.

Ashlynn returned to her shelf and continued her search as she calmly replied, "It means exactly what it sounds like, Darren.  I'm leaving in the morning. Hence, the packing. Have you seen my collection of Greek Myths? I seem to have misplaced it..."

"But, Ash. I don't understand... Why? I mean, why now? Aren't you happy here?" Darren was obviously completely baffled by his sister's abrupt decision, and she could tell that he was struggling to come to grasps with it.

"Of course I'm happy here, but that's not enough anymore. That's never really been enough. You of all people should know that. And as for Á¢â,¬ËœWhy now?'... Why not now? I see nothing to gain in waiting."

"Do you even know anything about travelling on a starship?" Darren grabbed the book she had been looking for and held it out of her reach as he stared her down with this question.

She tried to give her brother an offended expression as she answered, "Of cour-"

"Besides what you read in my university textbooks."

Ash opened her mouth to protest, then closed it again after a brief moment. "Fine. It'll be a learning experience. But that's exactly what I'm looking for, so I fail to see any problems."

"I still think you're making a big mistake..."

"You forget, I'm the older sibling. I'm supposed to worry about you," Ash smirked as she plucked her tome of myths from her brother's hands.

"Ash... I'm serious. You don't need to do something this drastic."

"'Drastic' is the only thing I can do. Don't you see?" Ash waved another well-used book in the air to emphasize her point. "I've spent my entire life reading and studying and I live a comfortable life. But what have I really done? Nothing! I haven't even left our moon to go to Earth! Instead I stay here in my comfortable home with my comfortable job and always look out at the same barren landscape from my comfortable chair. I can't do it anymore! I need to see the universe... and learn... and live! And this starship is my chance to do that." Ash's calm faÁƒ§ade had fallen apart and she had been speaking faster and faster, until by the end of her rant she was near hysteria. Her brother was the only person she trusted to talk to about this. She needed him to understand.

He sighed and sat on the edge of her bed, eventually looking up at her with resigned eyes as he shook his head. "I should have known as soon as I saw you packing that there would be no stopping you." A small smile quirked the corners of his mouth up as he added, "And I'm only eleven months younger than you, you know. So I'm allowed to worry."

A brilliant smile lit up Ash's face as she jumped onto the bed with her brother and gripped him in one of her overenthusiastic-but-somehow-still-endearing hugs. "Thank you," she whispered before breaking apart. "Here," she handed him a letter. "I need you to give this to mom and dad. I can't say goodbye. They'll never let me leave without spending two lifetimes trying to plan everything."

"Maybe that isn't a bad thing..." he muttered loudly under his breath. Ashlynn glared at him until he started laughing. "I'm only kidding. After all, do you think I want to listen to them worry and fuss over you for that long?"

She laughed at her brother's expression of mock disgust and moved to get off her bed. "I'd better finish packing. There's a lot to be done, and I would rather not forget something important. It would put an unnecessary damper on my journey, and I really don't need that on the first day."

Additional Information: I would prefer to be placed on the Athena if at all possible

How did you find Shadow Fleet?: T'Lara told me about it

Archangel Koris

Welcome to Shadow Fleet!

After reading through your application and discussion with the ship's command team, I'm delighted to be able to offer you a civilian position as Mess Hall Manager on the USS Athena.  Please report in to Captain Lafayette and Commander Stafford of the USS Athena.

Enjoy!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.