login

Author S12 - M5: Raid on Paradise  (Read 457 times)

Offline EQ Kimball

• Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S12 - M5: Raid on Paradise
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:46:37 PM »
[Ilandria - Planet Surface]

“They must be about to enter orbit, Evan mused, taking another glance at his watch. T’Ra nodded. Still holding Steve, she tapped her badge to reply.

-/\-Acknowledged, Discovery. This is Jones. We are ready to beam aboard at your convenience. -/\-

She still pined for the Shran, but duty called and no doubt the Discovery had its fair share of adventures. And now they have Steve,, T’Ra thought as they were enveloped by a blue light to be beamed aboard.

[Bridge]

-/\-Locking onto your signal now.  I will be transporting your directly to you the Ready Room-/\- EQ said.

-/\-Counting down.  3. 2. 1-/\- he said and then pressed the button to engage the transporter.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Academy Commandant
  • Veteran Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 01:17:11 AM »

[Bridge]

-/\-Locking onto your signal now.  I will be transporting your directly to you the Ready Room-/\- EQ said.

-/\-Counting down.  3. 2. 1-/\- he said and then pressed the button to engage the transporter.
[Ready Room]

T'Ra had passed Steve off to Evan before they were beamed aboard. It probably wouldn't be appropriate to have a velociraptor running amok in the ready room. Evan would deposit the little guy in their new quarters before heading down to take a look at sickbay.

In the ready room, three officers in red were already present and waiting, two of which she already knew. "Na'shaya, Kirok, Mr. Wu," she said with a brief incline of her head. She offered a nod of respect to the other officer. "Pleasure to meet you, Commander."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 02:49:25 AM »

[Ready Room]

"Very good" Kirok replied.  He handed the padd back to Tekin.  Then turned to Wu.

"The UFP President has been assassinated.  So, I'm being called back to the Alpha Quadrant.  I will be with the Shran for a short while, then possibly the Colomubus" Kirok said.

"T'Ra Jones will be taking over here as the Commanding Officer.
 This will allow the Discovery to continue it's mission of exploration in the Delta Quadrant.  She should be arriving at any time now" he added.

[Ready Room]

"Calice." Alex swore softly, stunned by the news. For the president to have been killed...it was practically unthinkable. Who would be insane enough to murder the head of the entire Federation? "Do we know by whom? And why haven't we heard about this on the newsnets?"

The second part of Kirok's announcement almost snuck by unnoticed. "T'ra Jones?" he glanced quizzedly towards Tekin, having expected the commander to move into the big seat if and when Kirok left. I'm sure there's some game or reason behind it...just not one that I can understand. "I served with her briefly onboard the Gettysburg, years ago."

[Ready Room]

T'Ra had passed Steve off to Evan before they were beamed aboard. It probably wouldn't be appropriate to have a velociraptor running amok in the ready room. Evan would deposit the little guy in their new quarters before heading down to take a look at sickbay.

In the ready room, three officers in red were already present and waiting, two of which she already knew. "Na'shaya, Kirok, Mr. Wu," she said with a brief incline of her head. She offered a nod of respect to the other officer. "Pleasure to meet you, Commander."

Almost on cue, the blue hue of a transporter beam filled the room and the subject of discussion materialized next to them. I wonder if Kimball's got his ear to the door or if this is just a coincidence, Alex thought to himself, bemused. "Wa’na’shau, Captain." He replied, smiling to see four golden pips adorning Jone's collar again. "And welcome back to Discovery."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Fala Awen

• Be prepared.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:00 AM »
[USS Discovery, Corridor]

While Awen had been uploading data into the computer, she and the others in the Science department received official word that the crew was to have shoreleave on Ilandria and also that Kinley had been transferred off the ship. Apparently their former Chief Science Officer was going to be doing some research. The other big news was that one reason they were going to Ilandria was to rendezvous with their new Commanding Officer, Captain T'Ra Jones. Truthfully, Awen was surprised that Nevir hadn't been promoted to the role, but Starfleet didn't always make choices that made sense. To be fair, T'Ra's record was rather impressive, but still.

Awen wasn't sure when she would meet the new Commanding Officer. Perhaps during shoreleave, or maybe not until her next bridge shift. The Bajoran had also heard some ridiculous rumors about the captain having a holographic raptor as a pet. If they were going to make something up, surely they could come up with something more believable...

Knowing the data transfer would take a little while and that it wasn't every day that the crew got to enjoy some shoreleave, Awen had returned to her quarters to pack and was now on her way to the transporter room. She hadn't packed a lot, but enough that she could be down on the surface for a couple days without returning to the ship, if she so chose.

[Transporter Room]

The Bajoran walked into the transporter room, nodding to the transporter operated as she stepped onto the transporter pad. "One to beam to the Ilandrian Gardens," she said, standing as still as she could as she waited.

Nodding, the transporter operator replied, "Aye, Ensign. I'll beam you just outside the gardens. Also, I've been asked to remind you to keep your comm badge with you in the event there are any updates from the ship that you need to be made aware of. Enjoy your shoreleave."

Awen raised an eyebrow at the extended speech regarding her comm badge. Why wouldn't she keep it with her? That was standard protocol. Before she could think about it any further, she heard and felt the transporter beam envelop her.

[Ilandria, Ilandrian Gardens]

Moments later, Awen re-materialized on the planet surface, just outside the gardens as promised. The gardens were supposed to be quite beautiful, with different sections and features... Ponds, sculpted trees and shrubbery, flowers, decorative grasses...

Awen glanced around; the gardens were a little bit further from some of the other main areas of the settlement, but still fairly close. People wandered around at a leisurely pace - no rushing or running. Overall, it seemed like a nice, relaxing place to visit.

For today, her plan was to spend most of her time in the extensive gardens. If she found a nice, quiet spot, she might even do her meditation here as well. The following day she was hoping to visit the ruins she'd heard about. She hadn't always been interested in ruins and archaeology, but recently found that it appealed to her. Perhaps it was the mysterious nature of them...much like the mysterious nature of some particles and spatial bodies she studied.

After a final glance around the area, the Bajoran entered the gardens, walking under the trellised ivy entrance. A smile crossed her lips as she took in the first formal garden now surrounding her. Someone had painstakingly arranged the flowers to form a beautiful pattern on a hillside. She couldn't wait to see what else awaited her.

Species: Bajoran
alt of Caelene Tam

Online Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 08:07:46 AM »
[Ready Room]

"Calice." Alex swore softly, stunned by the news. For the president to have been killed...it was practically unthinkable. Who would be insane enough to murder the head of the entire Federation? "Do we know by whom? And why haven't we heard about this on the newsnets?"

The second part of Kirok's announcement almost snuck by unnoticed. "T'ra Jones?" he glanced quizzedly towards Tekin, having expected the commander to move into the big seat if and when Kirok left. I'm sure there's some game or reason behind it...just not one that I can understand. "I served with her briefly onboard the Gettysburg, years ago."

[Ready Room]

"Indeed" Kirok reply to Wu's first comment.  Then he fail silent for a moment.  Trying to determine what additional information he could share.

"Sadly, members of a starship from Task Force 10 have been accused.  But not convicted as of yet.  And I think they are trying to prevent unrest in the UFP until a suitable replacement is found" he said.

[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

When Kirok began to hear the sound of transporter activity in the room, he stood.  He wait until T'Ra materialized.  The he bowed to her.

"Na'shaya.  T'Ra Jones.  It is agreeable to see you again.  I wish I had more time to meet with you.  But I have pressing matter to get to.  Are you ready to take command of the Discovery?" he asked pointedly.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 01:21:33 PM »
[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

Nevir stood up as soon as he saw the first prick of light, mostly in a sign of respect.  Wu probably had a dozen or more questions, but Nevir would have to fill him in later.  Personally.  After he spoke with T'Ra.  He nodded at the greeting, but kept silent.

[Ready Room]

"Indeed" Kirok reply to Wu's first comment.  Then he fail silent for a moment.  Trying to determine what additional information he could share.

"Sadly, members of a starship from Task Force 10 have been accused.  But not convicted as of yet.  And I think they are trying to prevent unrest in the UFP until a suitable replacement is found" he said.

[Ready Room]

When Kirok began to hear the sound of transporter activity in the room, he stood.  He wait until T'Ra materialized.  The he bowed to her.

"Na'shaya.  T'Ra Jones.  It is agreeable to see you again.  I wish I had more time to meet with you.  But I have pressing matter to get to.  Are you ready to take command of the Discovery?" he asked pointedly.

On queue, Nevir took the PADD he was holding and brought up the official notification.  While usually they would have a passing off ceremony with all officers present... this was not a usual time.

"Considering the circumstances, I figured a quiet change of command would be best.  That way the Admiral can be off immediately.  I'll brief the rest of the senior staff afterwards.  Sir, I have it ready." he said, holding the PADD back out to Kirok with the change of command program up and ready, starting with the official voice command prompt.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Academy Commandant
  • Veteran Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »
[Ready Room]

Almost on cue, the blue hue of a transporter beam filled the room and the subject of discussion materialized next to them. I wonder if Kimball's got his ear to the door or if this is just a coincidence, Alex thought to himself, bemused. "Wa’na’shau, Captain." He replied, smiling to see four golden pips adorning Jone's collar again. "And welcome back to Discovery."
[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

Nevir stood up as soon as he saw the first prick of light, mostly in a sign of respect.  Wu probably had a dozen or more questions, but Nevir would have to fill him in later.  Personally.  After he spoke with T'Ra.  He nodded at the greeting, but kept silent.

On queue, Nevir took the PADD he was holding and brought up the official notification.  While usually they would have a passing off ceremony with all officers present... this was not a usual time.

"Considering the circumstances, I figured a quiet change of command would be best.  That way the Admiral can be off immediately.  I'll brief the rest of the senior staff afterwards.  Sir, I have it ready." he said, holding the PADD back out to Kirok with the change of command program up and ready, starting with the official voice command prompt.
[Ready Room]

Now that they had dispensed with the formalities, they could get to the heart of the matter at hand. T”Ra had been pulled from the ship that had become her home in order to take over as CO of the Discovery, allowing Kirok to go where he was most needed. “Yes, sir,” she responded in a cool and collected tone, “I am ready.” She could not say she was entirely willing, but duty called, and she was compelled to answer.

T’Ra inclined her head. “I, too, would prefer a quiet ceremony,” she murmured.

[Transporter Room]

As Steven arrived he was greeted by the operator who nodded towards the pad, "Captain Jones will be here any second sir" the crewman reported just as the beam came to life illuminating the room with it's blue glow.

"Thank you Chief" Black replied as he stiffened his body ready to welcome the Captain aboard.
[Transporter Room - NPC Evan Buehler]

Steve was squirming in his arms as Evan materialized in the transporter room. He set the little raptor down before stepping off the transporter padd. He looked back up to find a couple officers in yellow looking at him expectantly. “Errr, if you’re looking for my wife,” Evan said, “I think T’Ra was beamed directly to the ready room. I’m Evan Buehler.”

-Evan Buehler

Online Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
[Ready Room]

Now that they had dispensed with the formalities, they could get to the heart of the matter at hand. T”Ra had been pulled from the ship that had become her home in order to take over as CO of the Discovery, allowing Kirok to go where he was most needed. “Yes, sir,” she responded in a cool and collected tone, “I am ready.” She could not say she was entirely willing, but duty called, and she was compelled to answer.

[Ready Room]

Kirok looked from Tekin to T'Ra.  "I do concur" he said.  He turned slightly back to Tekin.

"Computer.  Move all command function over to T'Ra Jones.  Authorization Kirok Delta Chi Rancher 19 91" he said.

The computer beeped and replied that the command functions had been successfully transferred.  "As I said, I have a pressing matter to get to.  But I wish you all long life and peace" he said after raising his right hand and parting his fingers. 

Then he tapped his combadge with his left hand.  "One to beam out, destination USS Lirpa" he said.  Then he vanished in a swirl of blue light.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 11:56:20 PM »

[Ready Room]

Kirok looked from Tekin to T'Ra.  "I do concur" he said.  He turned slightly back to Tekin.

"Computer.  Move all command function over to T'Ra Jones.  Authorization Kirok Delta Chi Rancher 19 91" he said.

The computer beeped and replied that the command functions had been successfully transferred.  "As I said, I have a pressing matter to get to.  But I wish you all long life and peace" he said after raising his right hand and parting his fingers. 

Then he tapped his combadge with his left hand.  "One to beam out, destination USS Lirpa" he said.  Then he vanished in a swirl of blue light.

[Ready Room]

Alex blinked, and Kirok was gone. Well that was abrupt, even for him. He reckoned the Admiral would have more to worry about though, especially with the bombshell that he had just dropped into the room. "Captain..." Alex started hesitantly, turning to their new skipper, "Before you arrived, Admiral Kirok mentioned that the president had been killed but didn't specify details, only that a starship was under suspicion. Would you have any more information that you can share, and more importantly, when do we tell the crew?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Academy Commandant
  • Veteran Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »

[Ready Room]

[Ready Room]

Vulcans were the pinnacle of efficiency, but this meeting was brief, almost to the point of being curt. T’Ra took no offense by this, knowing Kirok simply had more pressing matters weighing down on his mind. More than that, though, she was tired and not in a mood to put up a fuss. “Peace and long life, my friend,” she returned, before her fellow Vulcan was enveloped by a blue light and disappeared.

[Ready Room]

Alex blinked, and Kirok was gone. Well that was abrupt, even for him. He reckoned the Admiral would have more to worry about though, especially with the bombshell that he had just dropped into the room. "Captain..." Alex started hesitantly, turning to their new skipper, "Before you arrived, Admiral Kirok mentioned that the president had been killed but didn't specify details, only that a starship was under suspicion. Would you have any more information that you can share, and more importantly, when do we tell the crew?"
[Ready Room]

They would learn that she did not care to be addressed by rank, but at the mention of the starship under suspicion, all the colour drained from her face. “That was my ship he was talking about. We had nothing to do with the plot to assassinate the president other than the fact that we were the only ones to try to prevent it, and for that many of my crew has been arrested and/or reassigned. I can only imagine that Kirok must have pulled some strings to get me here. As for what to tell the crew... that can wait.”

Though she herself was not in jail, it still felt like she had been given a prison sentence. She had been uprooted from a ship she that had become her home, a ship where she had imagined her child would take its first steps. Now she found herself on a new ship, one that was smaller and whose halls were unfamiliar to her.

T’Ra turned to address the first officer. “Now that’s out of the way, I imagine you might want to enjoy some shore leave, Mr. Tekin. I understand your ship has been through quite a lot recently.”

-Evan Buehler

Offline Steven Black

• The wolf and the dog do not play together.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 08:53:33 AM »
[Ready Room]

Steve was squirming in his arms as Evan materialized in the transporter room. He set the little raptor down before stepping off the transporter padd. He looked back up to find a couple officers in yellow looking at him expectantly. “Errr, if you’re looking for my wife,” Evan said, “I think T’Ra was beamed directly to the ready room. I’m Evan Buehler.”

"Welcome aboard Mr Buehler, I am Lt Commander Steven Black, I assume the Admiral and you wife have urgent business to take care of". Black stepped forward and looked past the man to where the little creature was still on the pad looking around quizzicaly.

"If you would like to come with me sir, i'll take you to the Captain's Quarters unless there is anywhere else you need to be". With that he stood back and gestured to the door.

The hairs on his neck were tingling as he wondered why the Captain had beamed  directly and not had the usual transfer, maybe the scuttlebutt was true after all.

"Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens - Jimi Hendrix"

Offline LK Reede

• I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 09:54:25 AM »
[Personal Quarters]

They were in orbit around Ilandria so some of the rumors were true. They were to enjoy shoreleave. LK gave another tug on her tunic trying to get the hem straight. Finally, she stepped back to see her reflection from top to toe. Yep. All is well with the universe. She watched herself smile broadly. Well, maybe not the entire universe, but in mine it is.

Reaching for her console, Dr. Reede hoped there would be a message there. But nothing showed up. Surely there would be a briefing. If the other rumors were true, Admiral Kirok was leaving for San Fran and they were getting a new captain. Another rumor said the new captain was a Gorn. LK shook her head and sighed. Gorns were not the most pleasant of species to deal with.

LK walked to the door of her quarters, waited the few seconds for the door to slide open and headed for the nearest turbolift. Once inside, she said softly, "Bridge."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:02:42 AM by LK Reede »

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »
[Ready Room]

Vulcans were the pinnacle of efficiency, but this meeting was brief, almost to the point of being curt. T’Ra took no offense by this, knowing Kirok simply had more pressing matters weighing down on his mind. More than that, though, she was tired and not in a mood to put up a fuss. “Peace and long life, my friend,” she returned, before her fellow Vulcan was enveloped by a blue light and disappeared.
[Ready Room]

They would learn that she did not care to be addressed by rank, but at the mention of the starship under suspicion, all the colour drained from her face. “That was my ship he was talking about. We had nothing to do with the plot to assassinate the president other than the fact that we were the only ones to try to prevent it, and for that many of my crew has been arrested and/or reassigned. I can only imagine that Kirok must have pulled some strings to get me here. As for what to tell the crew... that can wait.”

Though she herself was not in jail, it still felt like she had been given a prison sentence. She had been uprooted from a ship she that had become her home, a ship where she had imagined her child would take its first steps. Now she found herself on a new ship, one that was smaller and whose halls were unfamiliar to her.

T’Ra turned to address the first officer. “Now that’s out of the way, I imagine you might want to enjoy some shore leave, Mr. Tekin. I understand your ship has been through quite a lot recently.”

[Ready Room]

Nevir stood in silence, waiting only to take the PADD after his Admiral finally left in a beam of light.  The situation was so unprecedented that he didn't even want to take the time to walk to the transporter room.  Alone with just his new Captain, as well as his second officer, Nevir smiled, but shook his head.

"I put myself on the second rotation, I've been on this ship under fire for two conflicts, I can wait a bit longer.  Honestly, I figured that you wanted a run-down on the current mission we have out here.  The Borg incident was unfortunately a sidetrack." he said, turning to look at the Chief Flight Officer.

"Alex, I know this was not expected, but it was necessary.  I specifically requested for Captain Jones to take command.  I'm... well, you know what's happened in my recent past.  I want to command, but not under these conditions.  T'Ra was recently a first officer as well, and a damn good one despite the situation with her ship and crew.  She has the confidence I still lack, and I requested her as a model to understand what it means to go from Commander to Captain.  We both discussed the duration of this command, and Starfleet thinks it's best for her to remain separated while her ship is investigated."

He turned back to T'Ra.  "I was going to set up a meeting with the senior staff to inform them of the change of command, but right now I feel it would be best that we not mention the situation with the Federation.  We're out of their space, and I want the crew focused on our goal in the quadrant.  I'd rather take the brunt of anger for being left out of the loop, than a crew without focus in a combat or diplomatic situation. I hope you both would understand?"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »
[Ready Room]

Nevir stood in silence, waiting only to take the PADD after his Admiral finally left in a beam of light.  The situation was so unprecedented that he didn't even want to take the time to walk to the transporter room.  Alone with just his new Captain, as well as his second officer, Nevir smiled, but shook his head.

"I put myself on the second rotation, I've been on this ship under fire for two conflicts, I can wait a bit longer.  Honestly, I figured that you wanted a run-down on the current mission we have out here.  The Borg incident was unfortunately a sidetrack." he said, turning to look at the Chief Flight Officer.

"Alex, I know this was not expected, but it was necessary.  I specifically requested for Captain Jones to take command.  I'm... well, you know what's happened in my recent past.  I want to command, but not under these conditions.  T'Ra was recently a first officer as well, and a damn good one despite the situation with her ship and crew.  She has the confidence I still lack, and I requested her as a model to understand what it means to go from Commander to Captain.  We both discussed the duration of this command, and Starfleet thinks it's best for her to remain separated while her ship is investigated."

He turned back to T'Ra.  "I was going to set up a meeting with the senior staff to inform them of the change of command, but right now I feel it would be best that we not mention the situation with the Federation.  We're out of their space, and I want the crew focused on our goal in the quadrant.  I'd rather take the brunt of anger for being left out of the loop, than a crew without focus in a combat or diplomatic situation. I hope you both would understand?"

[Ready Room]

Despite the expansive and lushly coloured planet which now loomed in the window, Alex's mood was less than jovial. It was nearly incomprehensible to him that a starship crew could be suspected of murdering the president, especially those of the Shran. He personally knew and had served with several of her officers, which made him even more skeptical. Having spent some time working in the JAG field, he was surprised that arrests had been made, though that could have more to do with the seriousness of the crime than having the accusatory evidence. "Innocent until proven guilty, is the term we use, I believe." Alex mentioned, though the frown lingered around his eyes.

"Your prerogative, Nevir. You know you best, and if you feel like this is what you need, then I'll support you, both of you." He shrugged, looking at the Bajoran officer. "On the other hand, I have my doubts about keeping this from the crew. They're about to go down on shore leave into an unsterile environment. The Federation president being assassinated is no small news, and even if there's a coverup, chances are that it'll get out one way or another."

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:41 PM »
[NPC Post: Lieutenant Luchico]

[Bridge]

As they settled into orbit, Luchico glanced at the still-closed ready room door. Commander Tekin had given them standing orders incase none of the command team were on the bridge, and she knew delaying any further would most likely cause a riot, not to mention she'd have to buy her own drinks for a long time to come. Keying the intercom, she made the announcement. =/\="All decks, this is the bridge. The brow is now open, the brow is now open. First block shore leave personnel may disembark via Transporter Rooms 2 and 3."=/\=
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:49:41 PM by Alexander Wu »

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Academy Commandant
  • Veteran Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
[Ready Room]

T’Ra stood in a pensive silence, listening as the two officers voiced their concerns. She nodded. Both had valid points. “I do think it’s important to inform the crew ourselves, but given our location, the distance buys us a little time to determine the best way to do so. Innocent until proven guilty may be the theory, but if there is indeed a cover up...”

“Yeah, that’d probably be a good idea,” Evan replied. “I don’t imagine the ship is quite ready for a velociraptor to be running around, even if he is just a hologram.” Honestly, he’d’ve rather left the little guy on the Shran, but he gave up trying to argue.

“So...” he added, trying to break the ice, “were you planning on going down to the planet? Nice climate. And the people are very, very friendly, if you get what I mean.”

-Evan Buehler

Offline Declan Vincent

• Probationer
  • Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 02:38:52 AM »
[NPC Post: Lieutenant Luchico]

[Bridge]

As they settled into orbit, Luchico glanced at the still-closed ready room door. Commander Tekin had given them standing orders incase none of the command team were on the bridge, and she knew delaying any further would most likely cause a riot, not to mention she'd have to buy her own drinks for a long time to come. Keying the intercom, she made the announcement. =/\="All decks, this is the bridge. The brow is now open, the brow is now open. First block shore leave personnel may disembark via Transporter Rooms 2 and 3."=/\=

[Personal Quarters]

Chief Engineer Donovan had insisted that some of the engineers take advantage of shore leave, including the first block. Vincent had been prepared to do another double - as others had - to keep working on the repairs but the boss wanted them rested  and focused. A few hours, and he be right back at it plus the break would give his eyes a chance to adjust from staring at screens or little crevices.

Ilandria it seemed had all the makings of a little piece of paradise but he was hard pressed to think of something not mechanically inclined. After reviewing the local ichthyoids and which were not endangered, protected or in season, he requested a permit from the indigenous authorities.

For some reason, the bucket hat adorned with fishing lure was required, and he wore it with pride though his deceased wife never really appreciated the fashion sense. So the vest and waist waders were just extra incentive.

His own rod, a family heirloom, was still back home on Daran V so he had to replicate a decent version, spending 15 minutes being overly picky over the particulars before hand. Staring in the mirror, he realized he was looking more like his father, right down to the hat. At the very least it would be relaxing and the ...He couldn't pronounce the fish...was supposedly well worth the shore leave.

[Transporter Room]

He had just missed what looked like a prehistoric beast from Earth's Jurassic period as he strolled into the room. Others were already waiting for their turn on the transporter pad, dressed in an assortment of casual civilian attire. Surprisingly, he was the only one wearing waist waders.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:40:11 AM by Declan Vincent »

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything