Jaron Man’dak - Reporting in (12/2/2017)

Started by Jaron Man'dak, December 02, 2017, 03:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron Man'dak

Character Details
Character Name : Jaron Man'dak
Character Age : 30
Character DOB : 2365
Character Image : https://i.imgur.com/pOpvhaX.png
Character Species : Romulan
Character Family : No biological family alive; Fiancé of Kemala t'Lhoell(Presumed dead), sister of Rayek tr'Lhoell
Character Bio :

Jaron was born and raised on Romulus up until the destruction. He was a bright kid. Always doing his best in school. Socializing with friends, building various contraptions, and even finding a few love interests along the way. One of those love interests became very serious. Even to the point of engagement. Her name was Kemala t'Lhoell. She was Jaron's everything. She was serving aboard a star ship close to Romulus when the destruction happened. Unfortunately for Jaron, he hasn't herd from here since that dreadful day. She had been presumed Dead

It's been 8 years since then. He was lucky to have escaped the destruction himself. The only member of his family to survive. His father gave his life helping others escape Romulus. His mother had passed away during child birth when he was born. Much to his dismay, as Jaron always wanted siblings. After the destruction, Jaron was left for dead during an away mission from a Romulan star ship that fled in a panic. He was able to hop aboard a transport ship for the cost of his gear, to escape the planet. Leaving his life in the Romulan Star Empire behind.

Jaron traveled to Earth as a refugee where he decided to continue his education, at Montana State University in Bozeman MT. Finishing up his PHD in astrophysics, and masters in Mechanical Engineering.  He then decided to apply for star fleet academy. After being accepted he was excited to see what the galaxy provides and what adventures await him. He just wants to make a difference, and try to show that not all Romulans are inherently bad, evil beings. That is one of his lifelong ambitions.

One of his favorite personal hobbies tends to be in the form of being an inventor. Or at the very least trying to improve on existing methods of doing things. Both mechanically and operationally. He tends to spend most of his free time doing such things. Helping others out with personal problems. As well as running holo programs to help him brainstorm with historical scientists and whatnot.

His studies are important to him. He has a never-ending thirst for knowledge. Always studying and trying to lean new scientific theories. His Biggest ambition is to make a lasting impact to Star Fleet, and untimely the entire galaxy.

Jaron devotes everything he does to the memory of his love, Kemala.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience : Was a member of this site 4 or 5 years ago. Also 15+ years of Dungeons and Dragons.

Department Preference : Flight Control

Secondary Department Preference : Engineering

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian : Commissioned or Enlisted. Either one works well for me.

Sample post :

[Location: Personal Quarters, Academy Dorms]

Jaron sat there, pondering what to do next. It was his first day since graduating the academy. He did some of his best thinking while working. Though packing up a dorm room isn't much work. He could request a star base posting. That would help him continue his studies, and improve on his theories for presenting them to the Star Fleet science division. While that is very important to him, he believes that he is destined for more than a desk job.

"I need to go with my gut." He said outload.

Jaron knew he needed to be in the front lines. He thought that he could contribute the most by utilizing his knowledge in keeping a ship running with safe and appropriate navigation charts. With his quick-thinking skills, he knows he could be one of the greatest pilots around.

"Hopefully I'm assigned to a Starship." He said, taking a deep breath
"I need this. I want this. And I've worked hard for it. Though I'll be happy with any of my applications if their accepted." As he lets out a big sigh of relief.

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Was a previous member.

Species: Romulan

ââ,¬ËœIhir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Kirok

Jaron,

A great character idea.

Can you remind me who you played before?

Just curious,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Jaron Man'dak

Quote from: Kirok on December 02, 2017, 04:50:55 PM

Jaron,

A great character idea.

Can you remind me who you played before?

Just curious,

Kirok

Thanks! I'm glad its a great idea. I'm a little rusty lol, but I'm getting there.

Zarr Non Kof
http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,2997.msg54405.html#msg54405

ââ,¬ËœIhir ul hfihar rel ch'Rihan. Ihir ul Ortikant. Ihir dren v'talla'tor, plek Rihannsu r'talla'tor."

Kirok

Jaron,

We are glad to have you back.

I can put you on the Athena in their Flight Control Department.

Please let me know if that will work for you.

Kirok

Jaron Man'dak

That works for me! As I am OK with either enlisted or commissioned which will I be assigned to? Thanks a bunch!

Kirok

Quote from: Jaron Man'dak on December 03, 2017, 07:46:39 AM

That works for me! As I am OK with either enlisted or commissioned which will I be assigned to? Thanks a bunch!

If you think you will want to be a Captain some day, we should go with Commissioned.

If not, Enlisted.

Did you take the OTC/ETC before?

Jaron Man'dak

Quote from: Kirok on December 03, 2017, 08:49:54 AM

If you think you will want to be a Captain some day, we should go with Commissioned.

If not, Enlisted.

Did you take the OTC/ETC before?

I'll go commissioned this time. Last time you didn't have a choice everyone started enlisted lol. And no I didn't before. Life got busy and I had to go on LOA. But I would have if I stayed.

Kirok

Quote from: Jaron Man'dak on December 03, 2017, 08:56:59 AM

I'll go commissioned this time. Last time you didn't have a choice everyone started enlisted lol. And no I didn't before. Life got busy and I had to go on LOA. But I would have if I stayed.

Perfect.

We will put you in the Commission track.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

PS - The FC Instructor will post next and help you start you OTC.

Ian Galloway

Welcome back to the fleet!

I'm the Flight Control Course instructor. Because you're new here, you are required to pass the Officer Training Course to demonstrate your Trek knowledge, RP skills, and understanding of posting requirements. It helps you get familiar with the Shadow Fleet style and be eligible for promotions, and plus it gives you something to do as you prepare to join your crew. The OTC is actually quite simple, you can write what you like within the prompts, and you get to work at your own pace, but the longer you take, the longer it will be before you become active within the SIMM.

Your Level One of the Academy starts here:

http://www.shadowfleet.org/forum/index.php/topic,8691.new.html#new

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.