Character Age: 25
Character DOB: 21 March 2370
Character Image:

Character Species: Human

Character Family:

Father: Carter Axelrod
Mother: Ezra Axelrod

Character Bio:

Vance was born in eastern America and didn't get given much time from his parents. He was neglected to a degree and never had a good relationship with either of his parents. He would rebel if he got the chance to and scraped past his final exams when they came. Vance rarely talked to his parents and spent most of his years with or around friends. The nickname was Á¢â,¬ËœAxe' was applied to him during this time. Vance left home when he was 16 for work.

Axe left home as quickly as he could and got work on a freighter. He worked the freighter for a few months until he stopped off at a station and got work on another freighter. He did this for 2 years until he got a permanent job on the SS Striker working around the ship performing maintenance on the ship.

Axe worked under an engineer while he was on the Striker and learned much about engineering while he was aboard. He spent a 2 years with the engineer performing work on the ship with him until he'd learnt everything he could. As soon as he'd gained enough knowledge to do it by himself, he left the ship and did freelance work for 3 years.

During his final year in freelance, the ship Axe was working on was attacked by pirates. An explosion in the engine room hit Vance straight on and he was burnt heavily by the explosion. All of Axe's back and upper legs were scarred and Axe's eyesight was heavily affected. A federation vessel was sent to assist the ship and Axe was found in the engine room. He was sent back to a nearby starbase and major surgery was performed on him in his critical condition. Axe came out with ocular implants for his eyesight so he can see properly. His eyes still are discoloured, however.

While Axe was out and recovering, he designed a hand sized drone and a control interface which he could use to help him work. He spent a few months designing this and had it built before he applied to Starfleet. Wherever he goes, the drone goes with him.

After seeing the work that Starfleet did, he was drawn in by the idea of working with bigger Starships rather than commercial freighters. He applied and was accepted in as an officer. Given that he knew most of the work that they did already, he was fast tracked and spent 2 years training up before being accepted into Starfleet as an engineering officer.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Been here on and off for 3 years. Currently playing Dr Bonnie Moors
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: OPS (With change to engineering later, but I'd like to avoid this if possible.)
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

Look for Bonnie Moors.

Additional information:

Axe has an ocular implant which allows him to see. The implant works well however it does not allow him to see as much as a person can see with a VISOR. Axe's eyesight is as good as a human's natural eyesight.

Axe has scars and burn marks all down his back and upper legs after the explosion. Some of his lower face was scarred and as a result he is allowed to have a beard while in service after being given permission from admiralty.

- If there's anything wrong with either of these things, let me know and I'll amend it.

Can I have the 'Axe' added to the middle of my name please? Thanks!

I would like to be posted on the Shran preferably.

How did you find Shadow Fleet?

Been here for about 3 years on and off.

Kirok

Vance,

A good character idea.

Do the ocular implant give him normal vision only?
If not, what else.

What can the drone do?

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

guest1477

Quote from: Kirok on November 28, 2017, 07:47:23 PM

Vance,

A good character idea.

Do the ocular implant give him normal vision only?
If not, what else.

What can the drone do?

Kirok

Kirok,

The ocular plants only give him normal eye vision, yes. He didn't want to wear the VISOR and picked this option as a result.

The drone is purely surveillance at the moment, the idea is to develop it more as I build on his character throughout missions.

I know this is a pain but can I get the Axe taken off? I thought it could have the apostrophes surrounding it but given that it can't it can be taken off.

Vance

Kirok

Vance,

We can put you on the Shran in the Engineering Dept.

Please report into James Hawke and T'Ra Jones for duty.

Welcome aboard,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.