Author Topic: S2 M4: Effigy  (Read 42628 times)

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2 M4: Effigy
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2018, 12:05:45 am »
[Bridge]

With the violent shaking Julia had realized it was time or her to return to the bridge. She could only imagine what was happening aboard the Darwin. As she stepped onto the bridge she was struck by the image of Ian in the center seat. She couldn't help but notice how much he had grown since his first day aboard the Tempest.

She stepped down the ramp and stepped towards the center seat. Looking down to the cadet in operations and nodded. "Report Commander?" Julia asked.   

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Jus'draal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Tempest's Klingon
  • 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2018, 01:22:35 am »
[USS Tempest | Bridge]

Jus'draal had the answer from the transporter room but she was awaiting confirmation from Sick Bay.  She swiveled to give her report when the turbolift doors hissed open, nearly silently.  She recognized the Captain immediately, but had not yet served any duty on the bridge with her.

Her mouth was open for a moment, until she snapped t shut, the delay would give her a moment to give a better report while Commander Galloway gave his report.  When there was a delay the Cadet fumbled a moment then spoke up, "We got all the lifesigns we were sure about, sir.  Waiting on confirmation of numbers from Sickbay.  There were almost eight hundred targets transported, all transporters were in use.  Some direct to sick bay."

She then fell silent as the higher level reports were given.
DabuQlu'DI' yISuv - Klingon Proverb - When Threatened, Fight.
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Earth Proverb - If you wish peace, prepare for war

Offline Ian Galloway

• Site Administrators
  • Amazing Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2018, 01:42:47 am »
[Bridge]

With the violent shaking Julia had realized it was time or her to return to the bridge. She could only imagine what was happening aboard the Darwin. As she stepped onto the bridge she was struck by the image of Ian in the center seat. She couldn't help but notice how much he had grown since his first day aboard the Tempest.

She stepped down the ramp and stepped towards the center seat. Looking down to the cadet in operations and nodded. "Report Commander?" Julia asked.

[Bridge]

Ian rose smoothly from the captain's seat and smiled.

"Glad ta have you back Ma'am. The information you sent from stellar cartography was invaluable. We were able ta extend our shields around the Darwin's saucer before her warp core breached, as you know, we got rattled around, but we are waitin' get a report from the away team on how many we saved."

Ian then relieved zh'Tharnak at conn.

"Please let it be all."

He added again silently.

Offline Julia Rellek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • "There's coffee in the nebula!" - Janeway
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2018, 01:28:49 am »

"Captains log, supplemental. With the Darwin now under her own strength the crew is free to take themselves through the wormhole and attempt to pick up their lives. While the challenges are obvious, with the help of professionals they stand a good chance at success. They will be put in the difficult position of living in a universe 20 years older than they are. Hopefully they are able to find their way through this looking glass that they have stepped through.

I would also like to take a moment to formalize a commendation of the away team that used their creativity and ingenuity to draft a solution that saved lives. They went above and beyond the call of duty and were true to the oaths they took. I have never been more proud to call myself their Captain and their friend.

[End Log]
[/i]

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2018, 06:38:26 am »
[USS Tempest, Ten Forward]

One Orion woman was trouble. Two was a conspiracy. Three was a downright biological catastrophe.

Such was currently breaking out in a no-longer quiet corner of Ten Forward, where Jada had invited Corallel to join her and s'Metra for celebratory drinks after they'd completed repairs to what was left of the USS Darwin. It seemed like a good idea to give her a change of scenery, something fun and relaxing to do after her ordeal. After leaving Sickbay and some preliminary counselling, Corallel had been hesitant, reluctant to leave the ship that had been her mind for two decades, and to break the shell she'd built around herself in that time. But their coaxing had easily swayed her, promising a primal bond that been missing for far too long. She could be with sisters again.

So the three green girls laughed and cackled and kicked the couches as they swapped stories of their exploits, of adventures in Starfleet, back home, and in love, and gossiped and nudged each other about their fellow crew. s'Metra was the younger, brash and excitable. Jada was a little older and wiser, but ready to have fun. And Corallel was far older than them both, in mind and chronology if not in body, with a tired and broken mind between her eyes. But she was Orion, she had cluros honed to a cold edge over the long years, and she would not, could not, let her weakness show. And neither, for the same reason, were the other Orion women about to treat her as if she was anything less than fully dangerous. So Corallel smiled and laughed but she spoke little, in soft and hurried phrases and making furtive motions as if every second still counted.

Fortunately the drinks flowed freely, not synthehol but real alcohol, potent Orion brews like mandisa, allegedly an aphrodisiac, which was illegal in the Federation but permitted to Orions under a legal loophole, for cultural purposes. Jada figured this was a special enough to break out a bottle. She'd let s'Metra have a shot, and laughed as it went straight to her head. Now she was dancing on the table, swishing her skirts while Corallel watched with a grin and Jada clapped and sang the "The Bayool Stomp" and other traditional Orion songs shamelessly pinched from other cultures. 'Hey mambo, mambo Oriono!'
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:49:53 am by Jada »
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2018, 03:22:02 am »
Later...

[USS Tempest, Jada's Quarters]

After being turfed out of Ten Forward, the gaggle of green girls had retreated to Jada's quarters, for some serious laughs, stronger drink, and louder music. So it had gone, deep into the night, until at last they'd dropped off to sleep, sprawled on the couch.

Even with the booze clouding her head, Jada was a light sleeper, her senses honed to any suspicious noise in the night. Something stirred her, she extricated herself from s'Metra's arms and shooed Snake off her chest, and crept into the bathroom. She saw Corallel from the back, but in the mirror, she could see she was holding a knife. Jada blinked, it seemed unreal. 'You're right, I do own a lot of sharp objects.' she said slowly and curiously.

Corallel's breath caught in her throat, feeling suddenly caught. She swallowed and, meeting Jada's eyes in the mirror, accused in her quiet, quick way. 'You destroyed my world and robbed me of my death.' There was no other way to put it, the traumatic transition from her temporal prison. But there was no feeling in her words, she had none left.

'I did.' Kolari lacked a word for "sorry"; she could only own up to it. 'I owe you one.' Jada came closer, slowly reached around Corallel and closed her hands around the hilt of her knife. Dully, she wondered why Corallel had to pick one of her good ones. It wasn't even the sharpest. 'Let me help.' she offered kindly. 'I'll put you unconscious first, you won't feel a thing.' Sure, the body was going to be hard to explain to the captain, but she'd work that out later. She just needed to put an end to Corallel's pain, to support her decision. Orions had standards the Federationen wouldn't understand.

Nodding, Corallel let her take the knife, then let Jada step behind her and slip an arm around her neck. Jada had to tiptoe a bit to reach her, but Corallel helpfully stooped, then leaned back into her. It was a gentle, loving embrace, as she softly squeezed the breath from her. Then, feeling Corallel tense, Jada slackened her arms. 'Stop, please.' Released, she sighed, turned around. 'Thank you. I... I needed to feel control over my life. An escape.'

Jada slipped her arms down into a normal hug. 'I know.'

Corallel had a little smile. 'You can kill me another day.' Then she broke down, burying her face in Jada's shoulder, sobbing out her trauma for twenty years. Jada felt awkward, public grief was a faux pas, but she accepted Corallel's necessary intimacy. 'I don't know how to go on.' 'Just one day at time, like the rest of us.'

After a while, Corallel felt her head clear again. She kissed Jada in gratefulness, then after twenty years alone, she wanted more, to feel again, time to flow once more. But Jada stiffened, discomforted. 'I'm um, cyclosexual. I don't feel it for women right now.'

Corallel slipped back, disappointed but accepting. 'Timing, story of my life.'

Jada grinned. 'Nah, I just need more mandisa.'

Fade to black.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:24:18 am by Jada »
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles