Author Topic: S1-M10 A Race Against Time  (Read 22518 times)

Offline Kyle Bytes

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1-M10 A Race Against Time
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2017, 10:50:08 am »
[Bridge]

Kyle Bytes was freshly promoted to an Ensign as he was transferred with the trillion cadets to the USS Shran. The first few days he was confused. The Cadets had helped him to be more  confuse and being new to the ship was not helping either.

There was a nice shiny bruise on his forehead. Which happened a day ago when a Cadet took a sharp turn in space. He was unlucky he slammed his head right into a corner of a counter in the bridge on that moment of day. Thank God it was not his cybernetics that got slammed.

He felt he was on the bridge at the wrong time. So. He stood there waiting to be told what to do. Damn it, he felt like Cadet now. Crap! It was only a week.

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2017, 01:43:58 pm »
[Bridge - Shran] 

As he finished he looked at his Executive Officer "Commander, prepare for ship separation.  We will get to Earth at all cost, even if I have to sacrifice the Shran in the process"
[Bridge]

"Aye, sir," T'Ra replied, swallowing hard. Even had she wanted to, she knew there would be no persuading him to act otherwise. Honor and nobility, if a bit misguided or amusing sometimes, was at the core of his being. There was no changing that. "I'll take the star drive section," she told him. "Tam, Jaeger," T'Ra added, glancing around the bridge, "you'll be with me."

Before embarking for the battle bridge, she paused at the door. "Do try to stay alive, James. Don't do anything too reckless."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:59:36 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2017, 02:00:59 pm »
[Bridge - Shran]
=/\= This is Captain James A. Hawke of the Shran to the Inquisitor, we do not recognize your authority to board our ship.  If you attempt any hostile action, we will defend ourselves accordingly =/\=

[Bridge- USS Inquisitor]

Dylan sighed as he heard the proclamation and ultimatum. He held up a finger to indicate a mute of the comms channel.

"Tactical. Detach safeties on torpedoes one and two. Select your targets, but don't actively track. Red Alert. Load all remaining torpedo bays, Quantum warheads. Shields to maximum," he said, before turning back to the comms channel. The Shran with her advanced sensors would be able to tell that the Inquisitor was now coming in hot, so there was no point hiding it anymore. Might as well come in with the definite impression he wasn't going to back down.

=/\= Excalibur, Prepare to engage. Remember, they're starfleet. Let's try and end this quickly. Hold fire till my orders. =/\= he said into an encrypted channel, knowing the databurst was likely intercepted, but hoping that it wouldn't be decrypted.

He then reopened the channel to the Shran. =/\= We come bearing the authority of Starfleet command and the Federation Council. That's all the authority we need. =/\= he said, before sighing and sitting down, gathering his thoughts with his head in his hands before looking up.

=/\= Listen, James, =/\= he started, trying to get through to the man. =/\= We don't need to fight about this. Ten minutes, that's all I ask. Let us dock, come aboard, and we'll get this sorted out. Nobody needs to be hurt here. =/\= he said, which was pretty much mostly true. He needed to clear the man, and a promise of a short amount of time to do it was more likely to fly.

=/\= I want to help you out here. People have questions and I just want to make sure you're not a threat. After that you'll be free to go. Just let us do our jobs, so you can do yours. I'm on your side here. =/\= he implored the man, which likely fell on deaf ears. It was easy to say "I'm trying to help you" when you had a volley of quantum warheads backing up his words. In the immortal saying of Montgomery Scott, "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank".

Off of the comm loop, he muttered to himself. His orders were clear. "And if you don't, Captain, may the Gods have mercy on your souls."

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:00:30 pm by Kinley Garrison »
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2017, 07:00:34 pm »
=/\= Crew of the Shran, this is the Captain.  As you are well aware, we are heading towards Earth.  I have ordered the Ship into Yellow Alert as we prepare for possible combat.  Months ago we received a coded message they are several sleeper agents of the Tal'shiar infiltrating the Command of the Federation. We have reason to believe that there is an assassination attempt for the President of the United Federation of Plans.  I don't know what to expect, but I expect all of the Cadets in this ship to grow up and act like Starfleet Officers.  You were trained by the best, and I expect for you to act like the best. I want all personnel to prepare for possible combat. =/\=
[Sickbay]
'Shit.' Alyssa thought to herself. She could feel her heart fluttering, attempting to fly out of her chest and into the vacuum of space; she could feel herself salivating, as if her body was anticipating vomit to come spewing out at any moment. Her eyes darted across the room, at the cadets who were playing with the hyposprays on the holographic crew members that she had activated. She watched as their seemingly playful demeanor shifted to one of solemn and fear.

"Doctor?" one of the younger cadets, Jamie Cassidy, a first year medical student at the academy, asked. Her eyes seemed to waver behind her wire-framed glasses, which she pushed up the bridge of her nose. "Is the Captain joking? I mean, he's joked about this stuff before while we've been here, so it must be another one.....right?"

Alyssa shook her head. "No. It's not a joke." she murmured. Her head was swirling now, flashes of different images and phrases threading their way through her consciousness. Her breathing shuddered. She was experiencing a pain, a white searing pain that was worst than anything she had ever felt. It seemed to burn through her skull as if it were melting the bone and flesh with it. She wanted to scream, wanted to cry out in seek of help, but she couldn't. The other woman wouldn't let her.

"They are going to find you." The voice of her hallucination sneered, appearing in an instant. Alyssa looked up to see her, the other her. The hallucination looked a bit different this time. The gray fabric on the collar of her uniform was torn, her face caked with green blood. There was a fire in her eyes, a rage that not even Alyssa had ever seen before. And she was making her way right to her. "They are going to catch you and you will be put in a penal colony for the rest of your life unless you do exactly what you were meant to do."

Alyssa shook her head. No. She couldn't. This had to be a joke. There was no way that any of this could be real. But the pain was real. The ideas she was being forced to see were very real.

"Ma'am?" Another cadet asked, noticing that she was acting a bit strange, but not strange as in the way she normally acted. This was a bit different to the cadet. They had never seen this side of her before.

"Evan!" Alyssa shouted. "Please take the cadets to a safe location. I have to prep sickbay. Have you seen Smithe?"

The cadets were shuffled out and the room fell silent, her question not being answered. As the doors closed behind her, she could hear the second Alyssa sighing in the background. "Why are you trying to fight it? It's no use. The quicker you get this done, the better."

'But I don't want to....' were the words Alyssa wanted to say, but she found that she couldn't. Any attempt to reply was only met with a warm wind of air coming out of her mouth, but it was enough for the hallucination to understand her meaning.

"Well, if you won't do it, then it looks like I'll do it for you."  In a second, Alyssa felt herself moving against her will. It felt like she was on autopilot, being navigated by an unseen calculating force that had already predetermined the route she was going to take. She tried to resist, tried to hold back, but with each step, she could feel herself getting weaker, that putting resistance on her own muscles like that was going to wind up getting her more injured than she already was.

Alyssa was forced to walk to the hypospray cabinet, open it, and blindly grabbed two top shelf hyposprays. She felt herself move to the work station in the middle of sickbay as her hands laid the two hyposprays down. She wasn't given the opportunity to look at them. Every time she tried, her eyes darted across the room to an invisible point that was determined for her.

When Alyssa's hand raised to her commbadge, Alyssa attempted to shriek. This wasn't happening. Please, would someone, anyone help? Could anyone help? On the click of the badge, Alyssa heard her voice beginning to speak.

=/\=Meadows to bridge, I will be up there shortly to give aid where needed.=/\=

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2017, 12:56:36 am »
[Bridge]

"Aye, sir," T'Ra replied, swallowing hard. Even had she wanted to, she knew there would be no persuading him to act otherwise. Honor and nobility, if a bit misguided or amusing sometimes, was at the core of his being. There was no changing that. "I'll take the stardrive section," she told him. "Tam, Jaeger," T'Ra added, glancing around the bridge, "you'll be with me."

Before embarking for the battle bridge, she paused at the door. "Do try to stay alive, James. Don't do anything too reckless."

[Bridge]
Ardyn nodded to T'Ra and uneasily cracked her knuckles. The Shran was still one of the top-of-the-line ships in the fleet, and given only one Sovereign, could probably handle it with relative ease. But two Sovereigns, with only half of the ship, that was practically asking for suicide!

Looking around at T'Ra and Tam, as the turbolift seemed to take forever going down to the battle bridge, Ardy sighed. The three of them had been through quite a bit together, and she trusted the both of them with her life. Though would that be enough? She didn't know. Out of the three of them, Ardyn figured she was the most expendable out of all of them. No close relationships or ties, nothing. She had stared death in its face too many times, yet somehow she was still here on borrowed time, and that fact scared her to no end.

Sitting at the helm, Ardyn began the separation process, her fingers flying over the console with a pre-practiced ease. Steve manifested himself on the dashboard and rubbed his fuzzy nose against her hand. "Hey, buddy. Things are going to get bumpy, okay? So can you save  your program to the systems?" Steve purred in acknowledgment as Ardy set him on her shoulder. "The ship's all set here, T'Ra. If everything's ready ship-wise, Caelene, I say we can separate."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:01:19 pm by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2017, 03:51:49 am »
[Bridge]

Everything seemed to happen quickly after Caelene's status report. Given the Shran's capabilities, it wasn't surprising that StarFleet had sent more than one ship after them. But who had ordered it? Were they truly only being cautious or were they in on the assassination plot?

When the Trill heard Dylan's voice, she turned and felt a chill run through her. She had served on the Challenger with Dylan, if only briefly. At the time he'd been an Executive Officer though. Had he really been given the Sovereign class vessel he currently commanded, or was it just part of the plan to stop the Shran? Was Dylan compromised or was he simply following orders? He didn't seem like the type to be involved with a murder, but if what James had found was true, anything could be possible.

Caelene frowned as she listened to the discussion between the Commanding Officers. On the one hand, allowing them ten minutes just to make sure everything was okay seemed perfectly reasonable. On the other...well, what if they decided to make it longer than ten minutes? Long enough to allow the assassination to go forward?

As she heard James address T'Ra, Caelene raised an eyebrow. They were going to separate the ship. Looking up, she met Ardyn's eyes a moment before turning back to T'Ra as the Executive Officer mentioned her name.

"Aye, sir," T'Ra replied, swallowing hard. Even had she wanted to, she knew there would be no persuading him to act otherwise. Honor and nobility, if a bit misguided or amusing sometimes, was at the core of his being. There was no changing that. "I'll take the star drive section," she told him. "Tam, Jaeger," T'Ra added, glancing around the bridge, "you'll be with me."

Swallowing hard, the Trill nodded and stood, reaching over to pick up her toolkit before following T'Ra and Ardyn into the turbolift. While on their way down, she tried to concentrate on what she would need to do to ready the ship... The separation process, preparing their systems, ensuring they were ready for fight.

[Battle Bridge]

Caelene walked onto the battle bridge and headed straight for the Engineering console.  Quickly signing in, her fingertips glided across the screen and brought up the separation sequence. Tapping her comm badge, she said, =A=Tam to Revan (NPC). The captain has ordered us to separate the ship. We'll need some of the engineers and cadets in the saucer section, some here in the stardrive section. Put about thirty to forty percent in the saucer and the rest in stardrive. It looks like we'll be battling a pair of Sovereigns and we're going to need the help. I'm going through the separation checklist now; be prepared for separation asap. Tam out.=A=

Not waiting for a reply, she went ahead with the pre-separation checklist. Caelene trusted Arol enough to know that he'd carry out her orders as best he could. If there was an issue, he'd let her know. After another couple minutes, everything checked out.

Sitting at the helm, Ardyn began the separation process, her fingers flying over the console with a pre-practiced ease. Steve manifested himself on the dashboard and rubbed his fuzzy nose against her hand. "Hey, buddy. Things are going to get bumpy, okay? So can you save  your program to the systems?" Steve purred in acknowledgment as Ardy set him on her shoulder. "The ship's all set here, T'Ra. If everything's ready ship-wise, Caelene, I say we can separate."

Glancing over her shoulder, Caelene nodded to T'Ra and Ardyn, "Pre-separation checklist is complete. Separation sequence is ready to go. We can proceed when you're ready." The Trill pressed her hand against the engineering console as she took deep breaths, trying to steel her nerves.

By now she was getting used to James'...eccentric...ideas, but this one was extremely dangerous for all of them. With the ship intact, they had a fighting chance - maybe - against two Sovereign class vessels. Maybe. But separate? Caelene wasn't sure if they'd make it. If the Sovereigns had or received orders to take them down, the Shran's stardrive section would give them as good of a fight as they could, but it was still likely a suicide mission. Then again, the saucer section could be in just as much danger - there would be more ships around Earth that could take it out...not to mention they had to try to stop the assassination attempt.

Caelene wasn't sure what to think. As a StarFleet officer, she had a responsibility to the ship and her crew. They'd been given orders. At the same time, as a Trill she'd been taught to preserve the symbiont. If she died today, her symbiont would die with her. It would be a great loss. In the end, though, this was her duty. She had to remain strong.

OFF: Tag battle bridge/stardrive section, soft tag saucer (separation prep)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:02:06 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline James A. Hawke

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • James A. Hawke
  • Three year award Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2017, 11:41:00 pm »
directly at Hawke.

"If you are certain of ze information Keptin zen I vill follow your orders. But if zere is ze slightest doubt of zis intelligence, ze ve should heave to!" She addressed the Captain directly, wanting to make her position clear.

James stood from the Captain's Chair and smiled at Filitov.  "I'm confident that the intelligence is accurate.  If the intelligence were not accurate why send TWO sovereigns ship unless they intend to stop us.   Someone does not want us there, maybe to interfere with their plans."

James approached the helm "Once separation is completed, I want to to head to Earth full speed.  Don't decelerate, we are approaching the planet hot and landing this saucer section.  Can you do it?"

He felt he was on the bridge at the wrong time. So. He stood there waiting to be told what to do. Damn it, he felt like Cadet now. Crap! It was only a week.

James entered the bridge and looked at the Ensign.  The individual was an Ensign and a ship full of cadets he would be one of the major officers on board.  Rather than giving this critical message on communications.

"Ensign, I need you to go to the Stardrive Bridge Section and report there.  There will be ordered to old on and buy the Saucer Section as much as possible.  Good Luck.  Change the Prefix Code after we initialize the attack"  James said

James looked down and said "Good Luck and be careful yourself.   Commander, it's been a honor to serve with you.  Good Luck, we will both need it.  Live Long and Prosper, T'Ra"  James voice cracked a little as he focused that it might be the last time they might see each other alive. She was doing a suicide mission and James expectation of survival were not exactly high.

"I'll try and be careful" James said.

His attention that went towards the the communications.

=/\= We come bearing the authority of Starfleet command and the Federation Council. That's all the authority we need.
=/\= Listen, James, =/\=
 =/\= We don't need to fight about this. Ten minutes, that's all I ask. Let us dock, come aboard, and we'll get this sorted out. Nobody needs to be hurt here. =/\=
=/\= I want to help you out here. People have questions and I just want to make sure you're not a threat. After that you'll be free to go. Just let us do our jobs, so you can do yours. I'm on your side here. =/\=

James listened to the person and pondered his next move. He opened the coms

=/\=Hawke to Torngate  I also work and serve the Federation.  Against all enemies foreign or domestic.  We can make preparation for only you to dock and explain the matter.  I pray you will understand one day =/\=

=/\= Hawk to T'Ra, once we depart shoot a full spread to both Soverings and get in between us and them.  Hold them off as long as you need to and then withdraw if you are able =/\=
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:02:48 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Click on the Badge to see bio

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • What goes up, must come down!
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2017, 12:59:45 am »
James stood from the Captain's Chair and smiled at Filitov.  "I'm confident that the intelligence is accurate.  If the intelligence were not accurate why send TWO sovereigns ship unless they intend to stop us.   Someone does not want us there, maybe to interfere with their plans."

James approached the helm "Once separation is completed, I want to to head to Earth full speed.  Don't decelerate, we are approaching the planet hot and landing this saucer section.  Can you do it?"

Bridge

Katcha nodded.

"Da Keptin." She replied.

She then turned to the front and began preparation for the separation sequence. She then turned back to Hawke.

"Ve are ready for separation. Ve vill be separating at Varp da?" She asked.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:03:05 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2017, 03:01:40 am »

James looked down and said "Good Luck and be careful yourself.   Commander, it's been a honor to serve with you.  Good Luck, we will both need it.  Live Long and Prosper, T'Ra"  James voice cracked a little as he focused that it might be the last time they might see each other alive. She was doing a suicide mission and James expectation of survival were not exactly high.

"I'll try and be careful" James said.

His attention that went towards the the communications.

=/\= Hawk to T'Ra, once we depart shoot a full spread to both Soverings and get in between us and them.  Hold them off as long as you need to and then withdraw if you are able =/\=

[Bridge ---> Battle Bridge]

"Peace and long life, Captain," T'Ra whispered in reply as the doors closed behind her. She could still hear the way his voice had cracked, and for all the easy going attitude he tried to project, it was clear he cared deeply for his crew, worrying for their safety. No doubt the crew felt the same, and they would fight to the end, following wherever he led.

[Bridge]
Ardyn nodded to T'Ra and uneasily cracked her knuckles. The Shran was still one of the top-of-the-line ships in the fleet, and given only one Sovereign, could probably handle it with relative ease. But two Sovereigns, with only half of the ship, that was practically asking for suicide!

Looking around at T'Ra and Tam, as the turbolift seemed to take forever going down to the battle bridge, Ardy sighed. The three of them had been through quite a bit together, and she trusted the both of them with her life. Though would that be enough? She didn't know. Out of the three of them, Ardyn figured she was the most expendable out of all of them. No close relationships or ties, nothing. She had stared death in its face too many times, yet somehow she was still here on borrowed time, and that fact scared her to no end.

[Battle Bridge]

Glancing over her shoulder, Caelene nodded to T'Ra and Ardyn, "Pre-separation checklist is complete. Separation sequence is ready to go. We can proceed when you're ready." The Trill pressed her hand against the engineering console as she took deep breaths, trying to steel her nerves.

By now she was getting used to James'...eccentric...ideas, but this one was extremely dangerous for all of them. With the ship intact, they had a fighting chance - maybe - against two Sovereign class vessels. Maybe. But separate? Caelene wasn't sure if they'd make it. If the Sovereigns had or received orders to take them down, the Shran's stardrive section would give them as good of a fight as they could, but it was still likely a suicide mission. Then again, the saucer section could be in just as much danger - there would be more ships around Earth that could take it out...not to mention they had to try to stop the assassination attempt.

Caelene wasn't sure what to think. As a StarFleet officer, she had a responsibility to the ship and her crew. They'd been given orders. At the same time, as a Trill she'd been taught to preserve the symbiont. If she died today, her symbiont would die with her. It would be a great loss. In the end, though, this was her duty. She had to remain strong.

OFF: Tag battle bridge/stardrive section, soft tag saucer (separation prep)
[Battle Bridge]

T'Ra could feel the tension buzzing in the air as the various officers --and select few cadets-- settled into their positions on the battle bridge. All wore such grim expressions, and she could see from the looks in their eyes as they periodically looked to her for direction... that suffocating despair that death was coming. But this was no normal enemy that they were up against. These were fellow Starfleet officers.

"Ladies and gents," she began, addressing the room at large, "we have been given the immensely difficult task of holding off two Sovereign class ships while the saucer section continues to Earth. It will not be easy and will surely push us to our very limits, but I have faith in this crew and the miracles they can perform under pressure. We will make it. To do otherwise would be illogical." And though she did not say this, she did not intend to die. Nor did she intend for anyone else to die. She would do everything within her power to save their lives, as well as that of her unborn child.

T'Ra now turned to address the different officers as she handed out orders. "Tam, as soon as the saucer section is ready, initiate the separation procedure. Jaeger, once this is complete, I want you to position us between the saucer section and the two other Federation ships. Ops--" she added, realizing she didn't recognize the Ensign there, "fire a couple warning shots to non-critical areas of their ships and then open a channel to Captain Torngate's ship."
[Sickbay]

"Evan!" Alyssa shouted. "Please take the cadets to a safe location. I have to prep sickbay. Have you seen Smithe?"

The cadets were shuffled out and the room fell silent, her question not being answered. As the doors closed behind her, she could hear the second Alyssa sighing in the background. "Why are you trying to fight it? It's no use. The quicker you get this done, the better."
[Sickbay - NPC Evan Buehler]

Evan's head shot up to hear his name yelled with such scorn. He had been pouring over a patient's file, but he supposed that would now have to wait for later. "Aye, ma'am," he replied, discarding the padd. A safe place, he mused, on a starship about to face combat.... Evan shook his head. "No, I haven't seen him." But Meadows had already turned away.

"Alright, then," he said, now addressing the cadets. "Everybody, OUT!" he bellowed. He shooed the lot of them out of the room, but it was like herding a bunch of cats, their heads turning every which way as something shiny caught their attention.

"Where are we going, Doc?" one of the cadets asked.

"We," Evan replied sternly, "are going to go make ourselves useful."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:04:43 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Fala Awen

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2017, 03:56:14 am »
[Battle Bridge]

As more crewmembers arrived on the battle bridge, Caelene glanced around, watching them. Everyone seemed at least a little nervous, but also determined. There was an inherent loyalty with the Shran crew; James inspired that from them. They had been through a lot together and trusted each other. Everyone would do their best to accomplish whatever task he asked of them.

Even if it meant their deaths.

She listened as T'Ra gave a speech meant to further inspire those on the battle bridge. Illogical or not, their chances were still not good. A lot could happen during a battle though and as long as they remained alive, there was still hope. Everyone would need to work together and quickly.

T'Ra now turned to address the different officers as she handed out orders. "Tam, as soon as the saucer section is ready, initiate the separation procedure. Jaeger, once this is complete, I want you to position us between the saucer section and the two other Federation ships. Ops--" she added, realizing she didn't recognize the Ensign there, "fire a couple warning shots to non-critical areas of their ships and then open a channel to Captain Torngate's ship."

"Aye, Commander," Caelene responded to the Executive Officer. After being given her instructions, she turned back towards her console. Her fingers flew across the screen, bringing up the automated separation sequence; everything still showed as ready.

She tapped her comm badge, =A=Tam to Filitov. Battle bridge is ready. Signal when the saucer section is ready and I'll run the separation sequence for us from here... Good luck to all of you.=A=

Taking a deep breath, Caelene leaned back in her chair and glanced over at Ardyn, nodding to her. It hadn't been long since they had been here previously, although this time Ardyn would be piloting the stardrive section. There was also someone new at Operations - a young Ensign of some sort. He must have come aboard with the cadets, she surmised.

"Ready, Ardyn?" Normally she wouldn't have used her crewmate's first name on the bridge, but considering the somewhat dire circumstances, using a more personal given name seemed somehow appropriate.

The Trill's finger hovered over the engineering console, just above the 'Initiate Sequence' button. Once she got confirmation from the bridge, she would press it and the ship would go through the separation sequence. Admittedly, even separating the ship could be seen as a hostile action by the other ships. Caelene felt her heart pounding in her chest as she awaited word from the Main Bridge.

OFF: Tag Filitov, Jaegar...soft tag battle bridge & main bridge
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:05:09 pm by Kinley Garrison »

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2017, 04:22:01 am »
[Battle Bridge]

She tapped her comm badge, =A=Tam to Filitov. Battle bridge is ready. Signal when the saucer section is ready and I'll run the separation sequence for us from here... Good luck to all of you.=A=

Bridge

Katcha heard the com before the Captain could reply, so she turned back and responded.

=/\= Filitov to Tam. Ve are ready to separate on your kommand. =/\=

Katcha gave a smile before focusing fully on what she had to do. Get the Saucer section to Earth at all cost!

Offline Fala Awen

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2017, 04:50:42 am »
[Battle Bridge]

As she awaited the responses of some of her crewmates, Caelene tapped her comm badge to contact Engineering, =A=Tam to Engineering. We'll be separating the ship as soon as I hear back from the Main Bridge. Keep an eye on our systems and be ready to address any potential issues. Tam out.=A=

=/\= Filitov to Tam. Ve are ready to separate on your kommand. =/\=

Hearing Kachina's voice over the comm system, Caelene took a deep breath. It was time. She glanced over at T'Ra and nodded. The Trill tapped her comm badge once more, =A=Tam to Filitov. Acknowledged. Initiating Separation sequence now.=A=

Caelene pressed the button to begin the Shran's separation sequence. The ship shuddered as the docking latches holding the two sections together began uncoupling themselves from each other. The sequence progressed methodically, completing one step before moving on to the next. Power was re-routed to accommodate both sections of the ship.

Once the final step completed successfully, she quickly brought up the damage control screen and glanced through the reports. After a quick look, Caelene turned towards T'Ra, "Separation successful, Commander. No issues reported; all systems show ready."

Now the question on everyone's minds... How would they keep the attention of two Sovereign class vessels? Surely by now the other Commanding Officers suspected something. It was possible they could think the Shran separated simply for battle against them, but even if they did, it would soon become apparent that that was not the case.

Caelene's fingers slid across the screen in front of her, bringing up the Engineering overview as well as the power systems and damage reports. For now, those would be the main things for her to keep her eye on.

At a time like this, a part of her wished her people had a deity to worship and pray to. Something to believe in. Was there a higher power that would watch over them and keep them safe?  Or was everything simply determined by people like herself and her crewmates? If nothing else, Caelene believed in the Shran crew...if anyone could pull this off, it would be them. Hopefully they could hold off the Sovereigns and survive while the others saved the Federation President. Time to find out.

OFF: Tag crew...we've separated!

Offline Kachina Filitov

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2017, 05:05:30 am »
[Battle Bridge]

As she awaited the responses of some of her crewmates, Caelene tapped her comm badge to contact Engineering, =A=Tam to Engineering. We'll be separating the ship as soon as I hear back from the Main Bridge. Keep an eye on our systems and be ready to address any potential issues. Tam out.=A=

Hearing Kachina's voice over the comm system, Caelene took a deep breath. It was time. She glanced over at T'Ra and nodded. The Trill tapped her comm badge once more, =A=Tam to Filitov. Acknowledged. Initiating Separation sequence now.=A=

Caelene pressed the button to begin the Shran's separation sequence. The ship shuddered as the docking latches holding the two sections together began uncoupling themselves from each other. The sequence progressed methodically, completing one step before moving on to the next. Power was re-routed to accommodate both sections of the ship.

Once the final step completed successfully, she quickly brought up the damage control screen and glanced through the reports. After a quick look, Caelene turned towards T'Ra, "Separation successful, Commander. No issues reported; all systems show ready."

Now the question on everyone's minds... How would they keep the attention of two Sovereign class vessels? Surely by now the other Commanding Officers suspected something. It was possible they could think the Shran separated simply for battle against them, but even if they did, it would soon become apparent that that was not the case.

Caelene's fingers slid across the screen in front of her, bringing up the Engineering overview as well as the power systems and damage reports. For now, those would be the main things for her to keep her eye on.

At a time like this, a part of her wished her people had a deity to worship and pray to. Something to believe in. Was there a higher power that would watch over them and keep them safe?  Or was everything simply determined by people like herself and her crewmates? If nothing else, Caelene believed in the Shran crew...if anyone could pull this off, it would be them. Hopefully they could hold off the Sovereigns and survive while the others saved the Federation President. Time to find out.

OFF: Tag crew...we've separated!

Bridge

Katcha heard the com and saw the confirmation of the separation appear.

"I can konfirm zat ve are separated Keptin. Maintaining emergency speed to Earth." She reported

As she did so, she activated the saucer sections Warp drive and kept the speed at emergency level. Hoping that she could maintain it. She confirmed their course and adjusted it slightly so they would avoid the two Soverign class Starships, hoping that the Stardrive section could keep them busy.

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2017, 11:17:48 am »
=/\=Hawke to Torngate  I also work and serve the Federation.  Against all enemies foreign or domestic.  We can make preparation for only you to dock and explain the matter.  I pray you will understand one day =/\=

[USS Inquisitor]

Dylan smiled. =/\= Thank you, Captain. My ship will enter the area with our shields down, as a show of good faith. The Excalibur will enter the area shielded, but will not fire unless provoked. You have my word. We will raft, and I will come aboard with a small security detail. After that you'll be free to go, under observation. =/\=

He nodded to Ops, who lowered the Inquisitor's shields. It was a gamble, but Dylan was willing to take it.

Other than shields, the Inquisitor was ready, torpedoes and weapons active and ready. Now was a matter of what the Shran would do. To doublecross and almost certainly enter a firefight with the two sovereigns, or to follow the Captain's word.

He armed himself with a phaser, strapped to his hip. Minutes later, the ships exited warp.

The Excalibur took up station just toward the bow of the Shran, her phasers armed and ready for battle, as the Inquisitor approached the Shran, presenting her unshielded, unprotected flank. It presented a maximum target for the Shran, while putting the ship in a blind spot of the Inquisitor. It was the maximum vulnerability the Inquisitor could present, and the most diplomatic pose. Any torpedo volley would do significant damage, if not cripple the ship.

=/\= Torngate to Shran, we are ready to raft. =/\=, he said, meaning the ship was ready to dock. He saw that the ship was seperated, and was confused. Why had this happened?

=/\= Excalibur, keep with the Saucer section. Don't let them go to warp. =/\=

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Ardyn Jaeger

• Approved Applicants
  • Live fast, die young.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »
[Bridge ---> Battle Bridge]

Taking a deep breath, Caelene leaned back in her chair and glanced over at Ardyn, nodding to her. It hadn't been long since they had been here previously, although this time Ardyn would be piloting the stardrive section. There was also someone new at Operations - a young Ensign of some sort. He must have come aboard with the cadets, she surmised.

"Ready, Ardyn?" Normally she wouldn't have used her crewmate's first name on the bridge, but considering the somewhat dire circumstances, using a more personal given name seemed somehow appropriate.

The Trill's finger hovered over the engineering console, just above the 'Initiate Sequence' button. Once she got confirmation from the bridge, she would press it and the ship would go through the separation sequence. Admittedly, even separating the ship could be seen as a hostile action by the other ships. Caelene felt her heart pounding in her chest as she awaited word from the Main Bridge.

[Battle Bridge]

"I'm as ready as I can be." responded Ardy determinedly as she cracked her knuckles, The ship jolted as the latch clamps that kept the ship together disengaged.  "I can confirm we've disengaged. Moving into position now." Ardyn said with a curt nod as she put the ship into manual and steered the stardrive section so that she was shielding the lesser-protected saucer position with the Stardrive half. Her plan was simple, yet a gamble; Run. The stardrive was much more agile than those two larger ships, so if they got in a few good shots, they could perhaps get in close and slow them down enough to give the saucer a little time, if that was possible.

"I've got a plan, but I'm going to need as much of the shields as you can give me." Ardyn barked to the general bridge. "And tell some of those Cadets to prepare to jettison the waste receptacles and spare parts and supplies on my mark. If they go after us with missiles, I'd rather the trash get it than we do."

Her hands twitched on the controls, palms sweating. The steering mechanism in her hands and ready. Looking to T'ra with a glance of apprehension, she nodded. "On your mark."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 09:06:42 pm by Ardyn Jaeger »

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles