S1-M10 A Race Against Time

Started by James A. Hawke, November 01, 2017, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: William Waring on November 05, 2017, 04:44:13 PM

=A= Waring here Commander. None of the Cadets under my direct command have done anything of the like. I'll be more then happy to take a look however. I'll be right up. Waring out. =A=

"Jensen, Arcaro. With me. T'Val, you are Cargo Bay super. I want this fixed when I get back. Dismissed!" He finished as he made his way to the Bridge.

[Bridge]

Will exited the lift with the two Cadets following close behind. "Commander" He said giving the Vulcan a warm smile "What seems to be the issue?" He inquired as he retrieved a hyperspanner from one of the many pockets on his jumpsuit.

[Bridge]

T'Ra nodded curtly by way of address as the Chief Operations officer stepped onto the bridge, a couple of cadets in tow. It rankled her to be called 'Commander', but now was not the time to address that. And while she spoke many languages, computers was not one of them. Before she could reply, the ship pitched unexpectedly, causing T'Ra to reach for the console to steady herself so that she did not fall. "Cadet Novak was attempting to return to the previous screen, but every time we try to do so, the screen goes blank."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

William Waring

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on November 06, 2017, 01:28:45 AM

[Bridge]

T'Ra nodded curtly by way of address as the Chief Operations officer stepped onto the bridge, a couple of cadets in tow. It rankled her to be called 'Commander', but now was not the time to address that. And while she spoke many languages, computers was not one of them. Before she could reply, the ship pitched unexpectedly, causing T'Ra to reach for the console to steady herself so that she did not fall. "Cadet Novak was attempting to return to the previous screen, but every time we try to do so, the screen goes blank."

[Bridge]

After bracing from the sudden change in direction, Will looked into T'Ra's claim "I see" he said as he crouched down and removed a panel at the base of the console "Uh huh. Um hmm. Ahh." Moments later he stood back up and looked towards the Cadets.

"I have already identified the issue and determined a course of action to fix such an issue. Let's see if you two can do the same."

"But sir, I though you were going to fix it?"

"What was that Cadet?"

"I said yes sir right away!"

Will faced T'Ra and spoke just loud enough for her to hear "I don't know how much more of this I can take. I hope your group is performing better then mine."

Just then he was interrupted by the sight of sparks shooting from the console.

"Jensen! Did you remember to disconnect the power assembly before conducting repairs?"

"Uh...well...urm...no sir"

"That's what I thought! Now repair not only the original problem but the power assembly and associated systems!"

"Yes sir..."

"I'm telling you T'Ra, if these are the officers destined for Starfleet I just hope they don't get assigned out here."

RESERVED

Michael Ferdinand

[Sickbay- earlier that day]
"... But that's against regulations." A young, fresh faced cadet had said. "Professor Adams said..."

"Professor Adams is stuck behind a desk lecturing theory. I'm out here actually making a difference. Now, pick up the chainsaw and do it like I showed you."

She had been teaching them that sometimes the best treatments were the most unusual, that a doctor should always keep their patients on their toes.

The younger cadet, the one that had spoken up picked up the chainsaw hesitating when feeling the weight of it. He was just about to revv it when the ship went into red alert.

"That's enough." Alyssa said, but he didn't register what she said. "I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH." She pulled the chainsaw from his hands and pushed it under a bio bed. "Go get ready to receive injured. Prepare a series of hypospray to treat pain."

Another cadet skiddishly nodded. However, when they tried to get the hyposprays from the cabinet, they gasped as a tray fell and crashed into the floor. A solid crunch of glass and a metallic thus seemed to nearly down out the sound of the klaxon

"Are you fraking kidding me?". Alyssa screamed. "Do you know how long it to me took me to arrange all of that?" She fell silent for a minute. "Pick up the casings."

"W..why, doctor?"

"Because I like the crunch of glass in my cereal.  No, you are going to replicate all of the medication that you just destroyed. NOW. GET YOUR ASS MOVING."

[Sickbay- current time]
With the ship out if red alert, Alyssa was fuming. Did she really have to be part of this program? She was a doctor not a babysitter. The girl who broke the hypos was still replicating the new ones. Alyssa could see her trembling from the crying. She didn't care.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on November 05, 2017, 07:15:12 PM

[Main Bridge]
=/\= Hawke to Meadows, I need you to report to my Ready Room ASAP =/\=

Son of a...

=/\= I'll be right there=/\=

She was going to have to leave them alone. In Sickbay. There was no way in hell she would do that.

"Drop what you're doing and come with me. We're going to the bride, now. If you get lost because you didn't follow us, you better pray someone finds you before I do."

They made their way from Sickbay to the bride. Alyssa realized she resembled something off a mother duck, the way she was leading then in an orderly line. Yet she had much less compassion than a mother duck did for the people in her line.

[Bridge]
When they got to the bridge, Alyssa parked the cadets to a corner and put a finger to her mouth. She turned away from them and waited to the ready room, pressing the chime when she got to the door.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

James A. Hawke

[Ready Room]

James sat down on his desk and looked over the coded file.  Even though it was full of names, there was one file that appeared to contain more data than that.  James wondered how Meadows could miss that.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 06, 2017, 06:42:04 AM

When they got to the bridge, Alyssa parked the cadets to a corner and put a finger to her mouth. She turned away from them and waited to the ready room, pressing the chime when she got to the door.

"Enter," James said out loud as he waited for Meadows to enter

"Ahh Luitenant, thank for coming here.  I was looking at the data that we captured from our friend the Borg over a Month ago and I noticed something interesting.  The is a cluster of Data that still can be decoded.  Do you mind decoding this now so I can read it?"  James asked

Click on the Badge to see bio

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: William Waring on November 06, 2017, 01:43:12 AM

[Bridge]

After bracing from the sudden change in direction, Will looked into T'Ra's claim "I see" he said as he crouched down and removed a panel at the base of the console "Uh huh. Um hmm. Ahh." Moments later he stood back up and looked towards the Cadets.

"I have already identified the issue and determined a course of action to fix such an issue. Let's see if you two can do the same."

"But sir, I though you were going to fix it?"

"What was that Cadet?"

"I said yes sir right away!"

Will faced T'Ra and spoke just loud enough for her to hear "I don't know how much more of this I can take. I hope your group is performing better then mine."

Just then he was interrupted by the sight of sparks shooting from the console.

"Jensen! Did you remember to disconnect the power assembly before conducting repairs?"

"Uh...well...urm...no sir"

"That's what I thought! Now repair not only the original problem but the power assembly and associated systems!"

"Yes sir..."

"I'm telling you T'Ra, if these are the officers destined for Starfleet I just hope they don't get assigned out here."

[Bridge]

Now that the ship was flying steady again (for now at least) T'Ra could observe the Opps Chief as he instructed his little ducklings. A good approach, she thought. Find the solution and allow the students to try and work it out themselves first before giving them a nudge in the right direction. And while she had to agree with Waring's assessment of the cadets' performance, she couldn't help but think back on her own time in the Academy.

"They do show some potential," T'Ra replied to Will, taking a step back as a few sparks flew, "if a bit skittish and scatter brained. The confidence and efficiency will come in time." Even as a newly minted Ensign, she had still been nervous. Though somehow she had managed to contain it to her personal quarters. "But I do wonder if it was wise on Starfleet's part to station them on our vessel. Quite the leap from the classroom to an Odyssey class starship, wouldn't you say?"

-Evan Buehler

William Waring

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on November 06, 2017, 10:02:27 PM

[Bridge]

Now that the ship was flying steady again (for now at least) T'Ra could observe the Opps Chief as he instructed his little ducklings. A good approach, she thought. Find the solution and allow the students to try and work it out themselves first before giving them a nudge in the right direction. And while she had to agree with Waring's assessment of the cadets' performance, she couldn't help but think back on her own time in the Academy.

"They do show some potential," T'Ra replied to Will, taking a step back as a few sparks flew, "if a bit skittish and scatter brained. The confidence and efficiency will come in time." Even as a newly minted Ensign, she had still been nervous. Though somehow she had managed to contain it to her personal quarters. "But I do wonder if it was wise on Starfleet's part to station them on our vessel. Quite the leap from the classroom to an Odyssey class starship, wouldn't you say?"

[Bridge]

"Indeed" He said as he watched Arcaro join Jensen under the console. "I never went through the Academy myself. I learned a trade unlike Cadets nowadays. They talk theory and logistics yet they can't perform a system function expected of an NCO!" He continued as Jensen pulled out an important looking component with a perplexed look on his face.

"When I graduated from the Technical Academy I was put aboard a ship nowhere near this size. IÁ¢â,¬""

"Sir..."

"Yes Jensen?" Will said with a hint of exhaustion in his voice

"We...uh...need some help..."

"As I can see..." he said kneeling down as the Cadets got out of the way "...you disconnected the display relay" he sighed as he grabbed his tools

"So tell me T'Ra, what ship did you first serve aboard?"

RESERVED

Kachina Filitov

Shuttle Bay One

Katcha and the remaining 4 Cadets were standing and watching the two groups. The first group who were installing the new power core, had retrieved it from the stores and quickly, a bit too quickly for Katcha's taste, began fitting it.
They were soon done and came over to report it.

"The New power core has been fitted and the old one passed for recharging Ma'am." The lead Cadet,
a young Trill female, reported.

"Very good. Not let us see if you have done it vell." Katcha replied, leading the rest of the Cadets over to the shuttle.

When she got there, she checked the power core and powered up the shuttle.

"Vell done! Now ve need to let ze maintence team know so zey can give zis ship anozzer service." She replie announced, indicating the service sheet.

Another of the Cadets pulled the PADD out and filled in the request before returning it.

"Good. Now ve vill go and see if ze ozzers have done as vell." She remarked, leading the Cadets out of the shuttle and over towards the Delta flyer.

As they arrived they saw that one of the two missile magazines was gone so Katcha motioned them to wait.

"Zey do not appear to be done yet, It is good to take zime vis zeese zings." She said.

The group stood there and saw the 4 Cadets exit the flyer, carefully pick up the second magazine and gently carry it into the flyer.

After a minute or so there was a crash and Katcha saw the four cadets leave the flyer at a run. She immedately figured what had happened.

"Everyvone out!" She shouted and ushered all the cadets out of the main door, the door had barely closed where there was an explosion. She turned to the 4 Cadets responsible.

"Vot happened?" She asked, fearing the worst.

"We were loading the second magazine when one of the missiles fell out and hit the deck. We could head the propulsion unit begin to power up so we ran!" The Orion Girl reported.

"Ver ze missiles armed?" She asked, fearing the worst.

The Cadets looked at each other.

"I don't know Ma'am." The Orion replied. "We did not arm them ourselves if that is what you are asking." She added.

"Vell let us hope so." Katcha replied.

She then opened the door and looked in. There was no external damage, though there was plenty of smoke coming from the inside of the flyer. She turned beck to the Cadets.

"You vill stay here. I vill check vot has happened." She ordered.

She made her way slowly over to the flyer and looked inside. She could not see much, because of the smoke but it was clear that the propulsion unit had gone off and not the warhead. Saying a quick prayer, she went back to the Cadets.

"You have been very lucky! Ve must be thankful zat none of ze missile vere armed. Ozzervise ve vould not have a flyer anymore." She paused, glaring at the four Cadets. "I hope zis vill be a lesson for you! I have never seen such a nekul'turnyy display. Also I fear vot vill happen to you vonce Lieutenant Ardyn gets hold of you. Zat ship is his baby! Now you vill stay zere vile I report zis!" She glared at the lot of them before tapping her com-badge.

=/\= Filitov to Keptin. Zere has been an explosion on ze Delta Flyer. Ze Cadets ver loading ze missiles ven vone of em dropped von and set off its propulsion unit. Ze interior is qvite badly damaged but none of ze ozzer missiles vere effected. Ve vill need an engineering team down here and I zink Lieutenant Ardyn vill vont a vord vis zeese Cadets. =/\= She reported.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Fala Awen

[Main Engineering]

Caelene watched as Cadet Kalev (NPC) headed over to a less busy part of Engineering to work on the notifications, looking a little shaken. While she didn't want to dissuade him from coming up with new or unique ideas, she also needed him to realize there were consequences if he wasn't careful. Hopefully this situation would serve as that lesson.

As the Trill was about to start helping the cadets gain, she heard James' voice come through.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on November 05, 2017, 07:15:12 PM

=/\= Hawke to Tam...Let me get straight...I just ordered battle stations, and we ended up "dead" with a warp core breach?  I miss the good old days where I could just whip people...never mind you did not hear that.  Commander, do what you need to do...that does not include taking a whip and beating people with it.  I'm pretty sure Starfleet has a regulation against that, Hawke out =/\=

Suppressing a grin at the captain's remark about whipping people, Caelene cleared her throat before tapping her comm badge to reply, =A=Tam to Hawke. Unfortunately, yes, that's what happened. Don't worry, sir, I'm sure the cadets have learned some important lessons and I'll work with them further. Aye, Captain, I will. Tam out.=A=

"Alright, everyone, let's get this cleaned up and see what you should have done," Caelene said, addressing the other cadets. She glanced over towards Kelav briefly before joining the others.

[[Cadet Kelav's perspective]]

Taking a seat at an unused console, Kalev frowned as he pulled out a PADD. He still felt that his adjustments would have worked. Perhaps if the antimatter settings hadn't been simulated... Begrudgingly, he had to admit that the Chief Engineer did have a point though. Every ship component and system would have at least a slight variance and he hadn't taken that into account. And it was possible that his miscalculation could have cost people their lives.

The Andorian opened up a new message and began writing the first death notification. Two of the cadets he only knew in passing, but the other was actually a friend. In fact, he'd met Kailey's (NPC) parents during one of their breaks. Kalev decided to start with hers.

Mr. and Mrs. Quinn,

I am writing to you today regarding some unfortunate news. Regrettably, Cadet Kailey Quinn lost her life during a training mission. She performed admirably and did her best in a difficult situation. Cadet Quinn was

He paused, staring down at the PADD. As he was writing the notification, Kalev couldn't help but think about how devastated her parents would be... How a notification was not enough. Kailey had been his lab partner in nearly all of their labs and they had been a part of a group of cadets who had gotten together regularly for studying and fun. What if it hadn't been a simulation? What if he had really killed her? Would he have been able to live with himself?

As more thoughts coursed through his mind, Kalev forced himself to continue with the letter.

Cadet Quinn was a brave, intelligent woman, who served StarFleet well. She will be greatly missed; StarFleet has lost a promising cadet. Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your daughter.

Sincerely,

Cadet Kalev

As he wrote the other three notifications, including one for Caelene, Kalev wondered if perhaps he had let his pride and stubbornness get in the way. True, it was who he was...how he had been raised. But, if those characteristics led to getting people killed, maybe he would have to be willing to put those aside at times.

[[Caelene's perspective]]

"Good job, Cadet O'Connor (NPC), you almost have it. I'd like you to run one more basic diagnostic on the console and then help the others with theirs. You remember how to run the diagnostic, and which one to run?" Caelene looked over at the red-headed cadet.

Aileen paused, her fingers poised over the console as she considered the question. Biting her lip, she glanced at Caelene briefly before looking back at the screen in front of her. After looking through her options, she suddenly smiled and selected the Diagnostics menu. "Here it is, ma'am! I think it's the....level one...I need to run?"

"What does a level one diagnostic entail, cadet?" Caelene asked, seeing Kalev approaching out of the corner of her eye.

"Err...level one....level one... It's where the computer runs the diagnostic automatically?" Aileen's green eyes turned back to the Trill questioningly.

Shaking her head, Caelene replied, "No, you have them backwards. Level five is an automated diagnostic. That's the one you want. Now, what does a level one diagnostic do then?"

Tapping on the console, Aileen began the level five diagnostic as she thought about her response. "Well, Commander... A level one diagnostic must be where the system is taken out of service then. It would have to be shut down, manually inspected, re-initialized, and then manually tested."

Caelene smiled, "Correct, cadet. Proceed and I'll be back to check on you." Catching Kalev's eye, Caelene nodded off to the side, indicating they should head over there. She waited until he was in front of her and said, "Cadet Kalev, have you finished?"

"Yes, Commander," the Andorian answered as he handed her the PADD.

She took the PADD from him and began reading through the notifications he'd written. They were fairly standard, although the one addressed to Cadet Quinn's parents was a bit more personal. Most likely the two had known each other. "These seem to be acceptable. I'm guessing you know Cadet Quinn...imagine writing hundreds of these, especially when you know each of the victims personally. I do hope you'll be more careful and follow instructions in the future. Right now you're still learning; if myself or one of the other Engineers tells you something or asks you to do something, you need to do so. Understood?"

Kalev nodded, "Aye Commander. I'll keep that in mind and do better." Truthfully, writing the notifications had shaken him more than he wanted to admit. But he had  job to do and he would do it.

"Alright, back to work Cadet Kalev. Speak with Cadet O'Connor; she can tell you what we're working on," Caelene told him. Perhaps he would be more cautious in the future; time would tell. For now, she planned to keep a closer eye on him, especially with live systems. Hopefully the cadets would get accustomed to being on the Shran, get into a rhythm, and do better. Caelene would be relieved when they were gone though...One or two cadets was one thing, but a roomful could prove dangerous.

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Inzjana on November 05, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

=/\= Inzjana to Commander T'Ra, science lab two stands ready to assist ma'am  =/\= Inzjana stated after tapping her combadge realizing that this was only a drill, with more than a modicum of relief Inzjana would never admit to.

[Bridge]

As things began to settle down on the bridge, T'Ra took a moment to check back on her own department. =^=Jones to Inzjana, understood. How did the cadets fare during the drill?=^=

Quote from: William Waring on November 06, 2017, 10:37:33 PM

[Bridge]

"Indeed" He said as he watched Arcaro join Jensen under the console. "I never went through the Academy myself. I learned a trade unlike Cadets nowadays. They talk theory and logistics yet they can't perform a system function expected of an NCO!" He continued as Jensen pulled out an important looking component with a perplexed look on his face.

"When I graduated from the Technical Academy I was put aboard a ship nowhere near this size.""

"Sir..."

"Yes, Jensen?" Will said with a hint of exhaustion in his voice

"We...uh...need some help..."

"As I can see..." he said kneeling down as the Cadets got out of the way "...you disconnected the display relay" he sighed as he grabbed his tools

"So tell me T'Ra, what ship did you first serve aboard?"

[Bridge]

T'Ra momentarily arched a brow before dropping it to nod. It was odd to find one who had not gone to the academy in his position, but he had the knowledge and experience to back him up. Theory and logistics were just as important, but if you were unable to effectively implement them, they served for nothing.

She tilted her head to watch as Waring knelt patiently, if a little exasperated, to help the cadet correct his mistake. "I was posted to the Churchill under Captain Alexander Clarke," T'Ra offered after a moment, "but Lance Krol is the first captain I really remember. I continued to serve under him when he moved to the Gettysburg, also a large ship.... And now I'm here." So much had happened between then and now, but the Shran was her home now, and she couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

"What was your first ship then, Mr. Waring? A Firefly class ship?"

-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on November 07, 2017, 12:53:55 AM

[Bridge]

As things began to settle down on the bridge, T'Ra took a moment to check back on her own department. =^=Jones to Inzjana, understood. How did the cadets fare during the drill?=^=

Inzjana took a quick look around Science Lab Two to make sure she didn't miss anyone and realized that indeed there probably should have been Cadets in the Lab and a quick search on the computer and she found the missing science cadets.

=/\= "The Cadets did very well commander, they found the main navigational deflector control room."  =/\=

Inzjana didn't mean for her message to be humorous, did she? At least not intentionally, anyway, although just sometimes her Romulan side did peak through all the walls she had put up with her Vulcan training and discipline.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

William Waring

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on November 07, 2017, 12:53:55 AM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

T'Ra momentarily arched a brow before dropping it to nod. It was odd to find one who had not gone to the academy in his position, but he had the knowledge and experience to back him up. Theory and logistics were just as important, but if you were unable to effectively implement them, they served for nothing.

She tilted her head to watch as Waring knelt patiently, if a little exasperated, to help the cadet correct his mistake. "I was posted to the Churchill under Captain Alexander Clarke," T'Ra offered after a moment, "but Lance Krol is the first captain I really remember. I continued to serve under him when he moved to the Gettysburg, also a large ship.... And now I'm here." So much had happened between then and now, but the Shran was her home now, and she couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

"What was your first ship then, Mr. Waring? A Firefly class ship?"

[Bridge]

"Well" Will began, from under the console "When I graduated from the Technical Academy I was assigned to the Disco, an Akira Class, where I was Transport Operations. I bounced around after I passed my field test to gain my Commission. I went to the Arizona, another Akira, then to the Britannia followed by the Chin'Toka, Disco-A, Athena, Tempest, Challenger and now the Shran. So that's what? Two Akiras, Two Lunas, a Sovereign, an Intrepid, a Galaxy, an Excelsior and now an Odyssey. Quite the mix of vessels I say. Although I guess such is the way when ones services are in high demand." He finished as the console flickered back to life "As I have just shown"

Standing up stood up and only now noticed the wide eyes of the Cadets. "What's with them?" He inquired to T'Ra, oblivious to the fact that the Cadet were surprised by how quickly Will fixed the computer coupled with  amazement of the sheer number of vessel he had served on in a relatively short career.

RESERVED

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: James A. Hawke on November 06, 2017, 04:06:50 PM

[Ready Room]

James sat down on his desk and looked over the coded file.  Even though it was full of names, there was one file that appeared to contain more data than that.  James wondered how Meadows could miss that.
"Enter," James said out loud as he waited for Meadows to enter

"Ahh Luitenant, thank for coming here.  I was looking at the data that we captured from our friend the Borg over a Month ago and I noticed something interesting.  The is a cluster of Data that still can be decoded.  Do you mind decoding this now so I can read it?"  James asked

Alyssa looked at the Captain quizzically. Was this the data she had tampered with before to remove her name from? It has to have been.

"Uhh, sure." Alyssa said. She took the data and began working on it, reversing the encryption she had placed on it a while ago. In a flash, all of the names of the other agents appeared. She smiled when she found her name missing from the list. She turned back to the Captain and handed him the data.

"There ya go." Alyssa said. "One complete list of Tal'Shiar agents in the fleet. Anything else?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Inzjana on November 05, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

=/\= Inzjana to Commander T'Ra, science lab two stands ready to assist ma'am  =/\= Inzjana stated after tapping her combadge realizing that this was only a drill, with more than a modicum of relief Inzjana would never admit to.

[Bridge]

Based on just the voice alone, it was difficult for her to determine how her fellow Vulcan and science officer really felt on the matter. But evidently, the cadets had not found a way to tear apart the science labs. =^=Noted,=^= T'Ra replied. =^=I trust you'll keep an eye on the cadets, Inzjana. Keep us apprised.=^=

Quote from: William Waring on November 07, 2017, 07:30:31 PM

[Bridge]

"Well" Will began, from under the console "When I graduated from the Technical Academy I was assigned to the Disco, an Akira Class, where I was Transport Operations. I bounced around after I passed my field test to gain my Commission. I went to the Arizona, another Akira, then to the Britannia followed by the Chin'Toka, Disco-A, Athena, Tempest, Challenger and now the Shran. So that's what? Two Akiras, Two Lunas, a Sovereign, an Intrepid, a Galaxy, an Excelsior and now an Odyssey. Quite the mix of vessels I say. Although I guess such is the way when ones services are in high demand." He finished as the console flickered back to life "As I have just shown"

Standing up stood up and only now noticed the wide eyes of the Cadets. "What's with them?" He inquired to T'Ra, oblivious to the fact that the Cadet were surprised by how quickly Will fixed the computer coupled with  amazement of the sheer number of vessel he had served on in a relatively short career.

It was fairly evident to T'Ra what all the cadets were staring at. All of them gazed at Waring with expressions of wonder, all except the science cadet, who had her eyes on a certain opps student.

"I think they are impressed by the speed and efficiency that comes with a practiced hand. They do not yet have the experience to do so well what has become second nature to you." She turned to the cadets. "Can you explain to me how Mr. Waring was able to accomplish the task?"

-Evan Buehler

William Waring

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on November 08, 2017, 12:16:50 AM

[Bridge]

Based on just the voice alone, it was difficult for her to determine how her fellow Vulcan and science officer really felt on the matter. But evidently, the cadets had not found a way to tear apart the science labs. =^=Noted,=^= T'Ra replied. =^=I trust you'll keep an eye on the cadets, Inzjana. Keep us apprised.=^=

It was fairly evident to T'Ra what all the cadets were staring at. All of them gazed at Waring with expressions of wonder, all except the science cadet, who had her eyes on a certain opps student.

"I think they are impressed by the speed and efficiency that comes with a practiced hand. They do not yet have the experience to do so well what has become second nature to you." She turned to the cadets. "Can you explain to me how Mr. Waring was able to accomplish the task?"

[Bridge]

Will gave a single nod at T'Ra's answer. After all it was such a simple fix he really didn't think much of it.

"Well Ma'am...he uh...reinitialized then display relay..."

"Incorrect Jensen. Arcaro, your thoughts?" He asked the quiet Cadet who accompanied him and Jensen to the Bridge.

"You bypassed a faulty display processor and made up the difference in response time by routing the signal through an auxiliary communications node?"

Will gave an impressed look "Genuis solution Cadet however we try to keep communication nodes clear of other signals in case of emergency. The actual solution was to remove the faulty processor from the lineup and route the remaining load through the other processors."

"Sir, wouldn't that overstress the system?"

"No way Cadet. Normal Operations those processors run half of what they are rated as. Only in holo-sims do processors run at there maximum output at all times. The only chance of burning out another processor is during extended periods of console use. Anywhere is the area of 72 hours of constant use."

Arcaro nodded while Jensen was busy making eyes at another Cadet. "Well T'Ra, your console is running again. I'll file the paperwork with Engineering and get a greasemonkey up from the boiler room to make you right as rain. Is there anything else I can do for you at the moment?"

RESERVED

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on November 06, 2017, 11:23:04 PM

Shuttle Bay One

=/\= Filitov to Keptin. Zere has been an explosion on ze Delta Flyer. Ze Cadets ver loading ze missiles ven vone of em dropped von and set off its propulsion unit. Ze interior is qvite badly damaged but none of ze ozzer missiles vere effected. Ve vill need an engineering team down here and I zink Lieutenant Ardyn vill vont a vord vis zeese Cadets. =/\= She reported.

[Bridge]
Watching the cadets straighten up everything, Ardyn felt the familiar vibration of her Comm and tapped it out of habit. Her face paled as she heard the report of the explosion. =/\= "Alright, I'm on my way. Turning to her cadets, she ordered. "Guys, I'm needed in the Hangar Bay. You guys stay here, and don't touch ANYTHING." She edged. "I'd like a full report on the navigational plans as soon as I get back. Is that clear?" The cadets nodded furiously, not wanting to get on her bad side again. Taking the nearest turbolift, Ardy descended to the hangar doors, not wanting to see the disaster that awaited.

[Hangar bay]
The acrid smell of smoke and burning oil immediately hit her with the force of a tsunami. Gagging just slightly, her attention turned to the flyer. Thick, black smoke wafted out lazily from the now-extinguished interior of the flyer, and Ardyn could already tell that a good portion of the interior would have to be seriously cleaned at best, and totally replaced at worst.  Ardyn unleashed a string of epithets. "Are you kidding me?! This has taken me months! And now, I'm going to have to repair almost everything!" she looked at the Flyer again. She wasn't sure how, but they even managed to scratch the paint! Sighing in frustration, she looked at the cadets with a look that could have shot daggers. after a moment, however, her face softened at the terrified cadets. "I would say we should airlock you guys, but I'm not that kind of person. However, you will get some disciplinary actions."� She nodded to Katcha. "I've got a lot of work to do apparently. Deal with them however you see fit. I'm not in any mood to think rationally." She tapped her Commbadge. =/\= Jaeger to Engineering. Could you send someone up here to help me assess the damage in the flyer? I've gotta get back to the bridge" =/\=

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.