login

Author Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise  (Read 1832 times)

Offline James Carter

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2017, 01:38:06 PM »
[Unknown Planet]

James was about to scold the ensign again when he heard crashing waves in the distance. He stopped dead and turned towards where he could hear them. Silently he began the short trek to the shore. The trees opened up to a beautiful beach with white sands and a crystal blue lake that went on father than the eyes could see. A small smile appeared on his face, the water was like home to him. The Captain  quickly turned back to see if the other members of the team had followed. This was where he was setting up camp, whether the rest of them joined him or not.

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • Mrs Brighton to be ;)
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2017, 01:52:50 PM »
[Copernicus - Landing Site]
"Commander Carter," She called out to the Chief of Security. "The four of us will be out collecting samples due East of the landing site, we will check in every fifteen minutes and be back well before sundown. In the meantime, I'm placing you in charge of the landing site."

"Shall we go?" she asked Ms. Morgaine and the two science officers.

Walking and mapping the perimeter didn't take very long with the three of them spread out to cover more ground and for Katheryn even though this was an important part of the job ensuring the safety of the away team was enjoying the scenery as they continued. So far everything seemed idyllic and perfect and there had been no sign of biological life only the plants and trees but again just because they hadn't seen anything yet didn't mean they wouldn't but at least the area around the landing site was now secure.

Turning round when she heard Commander Naira call out to her and inform her of what she planned to do with the group and that she was placing her in charge, Katheryn immediately responded " Understood Commander " she called back then leaving Cole and Richards to watch the perimeter walked back into the makeshift camp.

Academy Sec/Tac Instructor

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2017, 02:32:56 PM »
[ Copernicus - Landing Site ]

Caleb hummed to himself lightly as he helped to set up the small medical tent. He agreed with Naira that a more mobile solution was best. The landscape was wonderful and just being out in nature lifted his spirits.  He could not wait until camp was set up so that he could sketch the landscape for a bit while there was some downtime after all the hoopla of getting things set up. He and his staff made quick work of setting up the small tent. There seemed to be a bit more pep in Wendy's step. "Having a good day Wendy?" Caleb asked. He didn't know what she was thinking, but there seemed to be a smirk. "Oh yes. I just think you're going to have a very wonderful day,"Wendy said in reply.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2017, 01:17:11 AM »

"Hold up there a second," she said as she raised a hand hoping it would stop the civilian from running off on her own. "I don't want anyone running off alone and not before we've secured the landing site. While we might not have detected any intelligent lifeforms out there, that doesn't mean that there aren't predatory animals, potentially poisonous plantlife or uneven terrain that could dangerous in the event of one misplaced step. We can't risk having one of our people out there alone with a sprained ankle and no way to get back."

She took a moment to watch the security officers as they began work mapping the perimeter as they made their rounds of the campsite.

"Before long we will check in with the Zeus and I will leave it up to the Captain to decide if he wishes for us all to camp together or apart tonight. In the meantime, however, if you would like to come along and help with collecting samples, you are welcome to."

The commander waved over the science officers once she was convinced that they had finished setting up their work station. "Is everyone ready?," she asked the small group.

"Commander Carter," She called out to the Chief of Security. "The four of us will be out collecting samples due East of the landing site, we will check in every fifteen minutes and be back well before sundown. In the meantime, I'm placing you in charge of the landing site."

"Shall we go?" she asked Ms. Morgaine and the two science officers.

Ash came to a standstill as Naira put a hold on her little impromptu adventure. She knew that the reasoning behind her caution was sound, but an irrational part of Ash's mind was still disappointed by the development. At least, it was until the Commander offered her an alternative that sounded just as interesting. Her smile brightened again, and Ash nodded enthusiastically, sending her already wild hair bouncing about her face as she spoke. "I'd love to! Exploring of any type sounds amazing. It's too early for me to start cooking anything yet, and I don't want to sit around camp doing nothing when it's so lovely out."

While Naira motioned the science officers over, Ash glanced around at their camp once more and took stock of everything. It was remarkable how much had been set up in so little time - Starfleet efficiency at its finest. Her eyes shifted from the camp back to the surrounding landscape, and her eyes settled on the vibrant flowers she had spotted earlier once more. She thought they had smelled almost like peppermint when a breeze brought their scent drifting to her as she unloaded the shuttle, but she couldn't be sure. It was a deeper smell, with sharp undertones of something almost spicy peeking through the sweet peppermint. I wonder if I could make a decent tea out of that...

Before she could think on them further, however, the science crewmen had arrived and Naira asked for readiness. Ash took an offered kit from the science officer next to her and shrugged it on over her shoulder. "I'm ready when you guys are."

Offline Naira

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »

Ash came to a standstill as Naira put a hold on her little impromptu adventure. She knew that the reasoning behind her caution was sound, but an irrational part of Ash's mind was still disappointed by the development. At least, it was until the Commander offered her an alternative that sounded just as interesting. Her smile brightened again, and Ash nodded enthusiastically, sending her already wild hair bouncing about her face as she spoke. "I'd love to! Exploring of any type sounds amazing. It's too early for me to start cooking anything yet, and I don't want to sit around camp doing nothing when it's so lovely out."

While Naira motioned the science officers over, Ash glanced around at their camp once more and took stock of everything. It was remarkable how much had been set up in so little time - Starfleet efficiency at its finest. Her eyes shifted from the camp back to the surrounding landscape, and her eyes settled on the vibrant flowers she had spotted earlier once more. She thought they had smelled almost like peppermint when a breeze brought their scent drifting to her as she unloaded the shuttle, but she couldn't be sure. It was a deeper smell, with sharp undertones of something almost spicy peeking through the sweet peppermint. I wonder if I could make a decent tea out of that...

Before she could think on them further, however, the science crewmen had arrived and Naira asked for readiness. Ash took an offered kit from the science officer next to her and shrugged it on over her shoulder. "I'm ready when you guys are."

"If everyone is ready, let's go."

Naira led the small group away from the camp and towards the edge of the woods. They wouldn't venture deep into the thick undergrowth, but they really didn't have to. All around them were signs of different alien plantlife. Towering above them stood a dense forest of lush trees. Below their feet lay the rotting remains of fallen trees, leaves, and scattered nuts decomposing and providing nutrients to a number of different flowers and fungi. Moss crept up the side of the trees and below one was the signs of something small that had dug a burrow at the base of a tree. The ground was soft and moist at what looked like recent rainfall mixed with compost sludge to form a thick mud in places.

"Watch your step," she advised the ground as she pulled one of her boots out of the muck as she side-stepped a set of animal tracks and knelt down next to a flowering bush. It smelled earth-y, with a slight sweetness to it. She pulled out her tricorder once more and began to scan the plant.

All around them were a myriad of things that could prove to be the next big scientific or medical breakthrough. There was no telling the trove of knowledge they could gain from such things, but she was excited.

Offline Jules Bash

• Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2017, 09:08:49 PM »
[Unknown Planet]

James was about to scold the ensign again when he heard crashing waves in the distance. He stopped dead and turned towards where he could hear them. Silently he began the short trek to the shore. The trees opened up to a beautiful beach with white sands and a crystal blue lake that went on father than the eyes could see. A small smile appeared on his face, the water was like home to him. The Captain  quickly turned back to see if the other members of the team had followed. This was where he was setting up camp, whether the rest of them joined him or not.

[Unknown Planet]
Jules heard the captain moving before he saw it, and promptly moved along behind him, assuming they were all going together. As they came up to the beach though, Jules stopped slightly in disgust. He was raised on Andor, an ice planet. While there was the occasional geothermal vent making natural hot springs, he never really had much of an interest in lakes or oceans. He missed the frozen plains where he could ice-sail. However, he knew humans were much more likely to associate themselves with more temperate climates.

"Captain, I'll just go ahead and start getting the camp supplies."

Not really bothering to wait for what Jules assumed would be the response, he walked back to the shuttle and went to work on pulling out the base supplies.

"Anything specific anyone wants anywhere before I start pitching tents?"

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • Mrs Brighton to be ;)
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2017, 08:52:09 AM »

Now that she was back in the main hub of Alpha Team's makeshift camp, Katheryn walked amongst the crew that were still moving supplies and equipment into their temporary home pausing to help and talk with them. Listening intently to what they had to say and agreeing that despite the planet being unknown and with it not supposed to exist that it was idyllic and peaceful and just the ideal place for shore leave.

Perhaps they would get the chance to enjoy that way once the scans and investigation was complete and could definitely see the appeal of spending as much time as possible down here until they had to return to the ship.

After spending some time with those she had been talking to and checking up on she continued on her way until she stopped by the medical tent that Caleb, Wendy and the others had set up near the shuttle and smiled seeing her husband to be before being approached by Wendy. " Hi Wendy just thought to check to see how everyone was doing and if you needed any assistance setting up at all " she said politely.

" We're all set up thanks Commander but I do want to check you over and give you your final shot since I didn't get chance back on the ship"

" Sure Wendy " Katheryn replied following her over to the equipment table, remaining still as the medic scanned her using the small wand like device that she took out from the medical tricorder before hearing the gentle hiss of the hypospray against her skin.

" Your almost done Commander, I just need to check something with Dr Brighton". Katheryn nodded and waited for her to return as she went over to Caleb.

" Caleb could you check these readings over for me?"she asked.

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2017, 07:46:42 PM »
" Caleb could you check these readings over for me?"she asked.

Caleb had just finished with what he was doing when Wendy called him over. He hummed a bit as he walked over to meet the two ladies. Wendy handed him the PADD with the information. As he looked over, Wendy tried to keep her best poker face, but smiled widely as Caleb read. His heart soared as he read the readings.

Caleb gave Katheryn a look that spoke more than a thousand words. His smile was just as wide as Wendy's. He hugged Katheryn close and kissed her on the top of her head.  When he looked into her eyes multiple emotions ran through him. "We will need to speak later on this. Normally I would be over protective, but you out rank me my love. Please just be careful,"Caleb said whispering so only she could hear him.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • Mrs Brighton to be ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2017, 04:36:12 AM »

Caleb had just finished with what he was doing when Wendy called him over. He hummed a bit as he walked over to meet the two ladies. Wendy handed him the PADD with the information. As he looked over, Wendy tried to keep her best poker face, but smiled widely as Caleb read. His heart soared as he read the readings.

Caleb gave Katheryn a look that spoke more than a thousand words. His smile was just as wide as Wendy's. He hugged Katheryn close and kissed her on the top of her head.  When he looked into her eyes multiple emotions ran through him. "We will need to speak later on this. Normally I would be over protective, but you out rank me my love. Please just be careful,"Caleb said whispering so only she could hear him.

[Copernicus Landing Site]

Katheryn did initially become concerned when Wendy moved off to ask Caleb to check the readings she had taken until she realised what the medic was planning to do and even though it wasn't the exactly the way she had intended for him to find out, thought that this way was just as perfect especially when she saw his reaction.

The look he gave her meant so much that no words were needed especially with the close bond they shared and his smile she matched with one just as wide before he hugged her tightly and felt his gentle kiss on top of her head. Looking at him just as intently as he did imagining what he was feeling at that moment as he then whispered to her so only she could hear him. Him being overprotective was natural even more so now and knew that he would always be that with her.

Still smiling as she whispered back " We will my love and I promise I'll be careful". Her voice then returned to its normal tone. " If your finished here and wish to check out some of the local plant life, I can have Baker accompany you and your team" she suggested knowing that Cal would enjoy being able to investigate and take samples to test and experiment with.

Offline Susan Venator

• Competent Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
Zeus Landing site

Suzie had removed the field unit from the cargo hold and had set it up, complete with direct interface to the Athena. This would enable them to immediately notify the Athena of anything that they discovered and maybe solve the mystery of the planet.

Once she was done, she stretched in the sunshine and took another deep breath of the fresh air. There was nothing else that needed doing, so she decided to await further orders.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Henri Forsythe

• Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
[Unknown Planet]
Jules heard the captain moving before he saw it, and promptly moved along behind him, assuming they were all going together. As they came up to the beach though, Jules stopped slightly in disgust. He was raised on Andor, an ice planet. While there was the occasional geothermal vent making natural hot springs, he never really had much of an interest in lakes or oceans. He missed the frozen plains where he could ice-sail. However, he knew humans were much more likely to associate themselves with more temperate climates.

"Captain, I'll just go ahead and start getting the camp supplies."

Not really bothering to wait for what Jules assumed would be the response, he walked back to the shuttle and went to work on pulling out the base supplies.

"Anything specific anyone wants anywhere before I start pitching tents?"

[Unknown Planet]

If no one's life was in any danger, Henri was more than happy to take the scenic route regardless of the Captain's growing ire with him. He was actually quite amused by it all. It was the first he was ever mistaken to be some kind of science officer pulled around to order.

Well, there were some minors he took in the Academy, particularly about exo-botany, but he paid more attention to the medicinal properties on a more biochemical level. Which is probably why he ignored the beach and started taking a few scans of the plants for anything that could cause an allergic reaction or something akin to poison ivy back on earth.

"I suppose no one's packed a lil' picnic basket in that shuttle, cher?" he quipped at the Andorian before finally looking up along the shoreline. "Not a single invasive plant in sight. Feels like the day after Mardi Gras - minus the hungover tourists layin' about o' course."

Offline Jules Bash

• Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:50 PM »
[Unknown Planet]

"I suppose no one's packed a lil' picnic basket in that shuttle, cher?" he quipped at the Andorian before finally looking up along the shoreline. "Not a single invasive plant in sight. Feels like the day after Mardi Gras - minus the hungover tourists layin' about o' course."

Zeus Landing site

Suzie had removed the field unit from the cargo hold and had set it up, complete with direct interface to the Athena. This would enable them to immediately notify the Athena of anything that they discovered and maybe solve the mystery of the planet.

Once she was done, she stretched in the sunshine and took another deep breath of the fresh air. There was nothing else that needed doing, so she decided to await further orders.

[Zeus Landing Field]
Jules promptly ignored the talkative human. He sidestepped Ms. Venator as she set up the field unit, presumably to signal to the Athena, or at least linked to the Zeus. He hoped.

Apparently the crew was planning on setting up shop, so he got down to business. First he removed the main base tent package, a bulky box that included the pop-up tent, as well as weather paneling. He doubted they would need the paneling, nothing seemed to indicate serious weather was on the horizon.

After the tent was set up, Jules planned on checking the field unit, getting preliminary information on weather patterns and initial area surveys. If Athena couldn't scan anything, he'd probably recommend that they have one of the two shuttles do a low atmosphere scan.

Besides, they appeared to have all the time in the world.

Offline Naira

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »
[Unknown Planet - Forest]

Naira sat down her tricorder and the thermos she had tucked under her arm as she took a field test kit from one of the science officers and slowly edged her way around the bush she was examining. Carefully, she plucked off a few flowers, leaves and twig samples, using the tools in the kit. She labeled each sample and placed them in a bag.

She collected a few pebbles off the ground, a soil sample, some moss growing up the side of a tree, some bark and sap from the tree. A million thoughts rushed through her mind as she worked. She had no idea what might or might not be useful. One of these things could prove to be the cure for some alien plague devastating an entire population or another could prove to be an invaluable food supply that could support an entire colony.

This is what she lived for.

There was a sense of wonder and thrill in the possibility and until they collected all their samples and tested them, made their results available to the greater scientific community, there was just no telling what kind of discovered they might stumble upon.

With all the excitement, she tended to lose focus of what was happening around her. She knew the others were busy collecting their own samples and she overheard one of them ideally chatting about some social gossip that seemed trivial in nature. However, she was happy to let time slowly slip by as she went about her work.

Then, she remembered that she needed to check in.

=/\= Naira to Commander Carter, science team is checking in. Nothing unusual to report. =/\=

Then, she checked in with the Captain.

=/\= Naira to Captain Carter, Sir, the Copernicus landed safely, we've set up camp, scanned and secured the vicinity and have begun sending out small teams to scout the area and collect samples. I've joined a science team on such a mission and left Commander Carter in charge of the camp until my return. =/\=

When she was done giving her reports, she let out a deep sign, turned around and reached for her thermos, but it wasn't there.

"Has anyone seen my thermos? I could sworn I left it right next to that bush."

Offline James Carter

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2017, 02:28:46 PM »
[Beach]

Carter knelt down and let the sand run through his fingers. It felt like all sand did, but there was something distinctly different about it. His instinct from his second life had already kicked back in. It was a feeling he hadn't felt since he rejoined the Athena. The Captain glanced back at the forestation, scanning the treeline carefully with his eyes. Something felt...off. He assumed his entire team hadn't seen him slip away, but the lack of their presence wasn't what felt off. Unable to quantify what it was, he slipped back to the treeline to gather some wood for a fire. He knew that there were easier ways to build a fire now, but doing it by hand was completely second nature to him. He assumed that once the fire had built, his team would likely notice his disappearance and look for him. Venator was there when the Athena found him after his first death. She likely knew that to find him, all you'd have to do is follow the water.

Naira sat down her tricorder and the thermos she had tucked under her arm as she took a field test kit from one of the science officers and slowly edged her way around the bush she was examining. Carefully, she plucked off a few flowers, leaves and twig samples, using the tools in the kit. She labeled each sample and placed them in a bag.

She collected a few pebbles off the ground, a soil sample, some moss growing up the side of a tree, some bark and sap from the tree. A million thoughts rushed through her mind as she worked. She had no idea what might or might not be useful. One of these things could prove to be the cure for some alien plague devastating an entire population or another could prove to be an invaluable food supply that could support an entire colony.

This is what she lived for.

There was a sense of wonder and thrill in the possibility and until they collected all their samples and tested them, made their results available to the greater scientific community, there was just no telling what kind of discovered they might stumble upon.

With all the excitement, she tended to lose focus of what was happening around her. She knew the others were busy collecting their own samples and she overheard one of them ideally chatting about some social gossip that seemed trivial in nature. However, she was happy to let time slowly slip by as she went about her work.

Then, she remembered that she needed to check in.

=/\= Naira to Commander Carter, science team is checking in. Nothing unusual to report. =/\=

Then, she checked in with the Captain.

=/\= Naira to Captain Carter, Sir, the Copernicus landed safely, we've set up camp, scanned and secured the vicinity and have begun sending out small teams to scout the area and collect samples. I've joined a science team on such a mission and left Commander Carter in charge of the camp until my return. =/\=

When she was done giving her reports, she let out a deep sign, turned around and reached for her thermos, but it wasn't there.

=/\= Noted. We found a large body of water here, I figured if there's life on this planet the easiest way to find them is to set up near it. I'll send the coordinates to both you and Commander Carter in a few moments. =/\= James watched the embers of his new fire float into the air for a couple seconds before grabbing the PADD he'd brought and sending off his location.

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • Mrs Brighton to be ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »

[Copernicus Landing Site]

Now that she had been given the shot and check up from Wendy and offered to send Baker with Cal and his team if he wanted to investigate the area, Katheryn decided to continue checking on those who remained inside the camp. However before she moved off she received the hail from Commander Naira and was pleased to hear that there had been nothing unusual to report not that she thought there would be but since this was unexplored territory it didn't hurt to be cautious.

Tapping her badge to respond =/\= Commander Carter to Naira, understood =/\=

Turning to Cal " Once your ready, Ensign Baker will be at the perimeter and I look forward to seeing more of your sketches  when you return and we talk more about you know" she said cryptically smiling at him before leaving the group to gather their equipment.

As she passed other crew members again she stopped to speak to them especially Lucy who informed her that the rest of the tents were now in position for people to sleep in. Thanking her Katheryn then moved on coming to a stop when she spotted Leo.

" Hey Leo how are you?" she asked as her PADD pinged and informed her of the Captain's location, making a note of where he was should they need to change location or send one of her officers to help with Beta team.

Offline Susan Venator

• Competent Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2017, 03:05:41 PM »
[Beach]

Carter knelt down and let the sand run through his fingers. It felt like all sand did, but there was something distinctly different about it. His instinct from his second life had already kicked back in. It was a feeling he hadn't felt since he rejoined the Athena. The Captain glanced back at the forestation, scanning the treeline carefully with his eyes. Something felt...off. He assumed his entire team hadn't seen him slip away, but the lack of their presence wasn't what felt off. Unable to quantify what it was, he slipped back to the treeline to gather some wood for a fire. He knew that there were easier ways to build a fire now, but doing it by hand was completely second nature to him. He assumed that once the fire had built, his team would likely notice his disappearance and look for him. Venator was there when the Athena found him after his first death. She likely knew that to find him, all you'd have to do is follow the water.

=/\= Noted. We found a large body of water here, I figured if there's life on this planet the easiest way to find them is to set up near it. I'll send the coordinates to both you and Commander Carter in a few moments. =/\= James watched the embers of his new fire float into the air for a couple seconds before grabbing the PADD he'd brought and sending off his location.

Unknown Planet

Suzie finished setting up and had completed her scan of the area. She had found nothing out of the ordinary. Looking around, she saw that the Captain and gone exploring. She figured he would be down by the water so she turned to the Andorian Ensign.

"Stay here and keep an eye on the ship and camp. Call me if there are any problems." She ordered.

Without waiting for a reply, she headed down to the river and looked about, The Captain was nowhere in sight. She could however, smell the faint aroma of wood smoke. Deciding to investigate it, she headed along the riverbank towards the sea.

After about 10 minutes, she came out onto a beach. And sure enough, the Captain was sitting on the sand next to a wood fire. She walked over to him.

"Camp is all set up Captain. So far we have detected nothing that can answer any of the questions about the planet. The others are waiting there. Have you found anything?" She asked, sitting next to him on the sand.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

Ash sat up from where she had been crouched over on her hands and knees at the sound of Naira’s voice, popping up through a flowering bush like a confused doe. She had assorted bits of the native foliage in her hair and grass stains on her pants, but she was beaming and had a pack full of meticulously labeled samples - even if they were labeled more like a naturalist and less like a Starfleet officer.

She glanced around to see if she could spot the missing thermos. “I don’t see it... Are you sure you didn’t move it anywhere?” Ash ducked back down into the bush, then crawled out from under the branches a few seconds later, pushing herself to her feet and ineffectively brushing off her pants. She walked over to Naira’s, continuing to look around as she spoke. “I saw some small prints in the soft soil under there. Maybe a curious, little beastie ran off with it. The cap is rather shiny, isn’t it? Perhaps...” Ash trailed off as she noticed a glint of something up in the hollow of a nearby tree. Could that be it?

Ash pointed so that the commander could follow her line of sight and asked, “What do you think that is?”

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D
anything