Author Topic: Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise  (Read 44561 times)

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 04:17:19 am »
Mess Hall

Suzie finished the last of her food and downed the last of her juice before replying.

"The new Ops Cadet is on shift but I need to be on hand to make sure he's alright." She replied. "In fact, I'd better go. I'll probably see you around." She got up and picked up her tray before turning back to Arrun. "If you need a hand controlling your thoughts or emotions, I could go through some meditation techniques with you if you want. No pressure, buy they work wonders for me." She finished, giving him a smile.

Turning away and hoping she had not overstepped her boundries, she headed to the replicator and recycled her dishes. Then she headed out of the mess hall and up to the Bridge.

[Mess Hall]

"I very well may take you up on that, ma'am." He said with a smile that faded when she left. To his surprise, the voice was quiet, mumbling about the tensile strength of the windows in front of him, but relatively quiet. Was it because she was empathic in some way? A resonance? Arrun had first aid training in the academy, the sort all pilots were advised to take in case of a crash; but, he was no doctor or expert on psionics.

He finished up his tea and stood, as he turned toward the replicator to recycle his cup, he caught a glimpse of Ms. Morgaine.

...she made her way to the back of the bay, stumbling and staggering and barely remaining upright. Her skin was extraordinarily pale, save for the vibrant red veining spiderwebbing its way from her hand, up her arm...

She could have died, they needed you, and you did nothing. Nothing.

"WENDY I NEED A SCAN STAT," the doctor yelled as he layed her down on one of the medical beds that were set up. The nurse started a scan and tried to identify what was wrong.  After inspection he noticed a bite that looked like a spider bite.

You could have kept her from harm, but you decided to hide.

Arrun strode across the room quickly and stuffed the cup into to replicator but, in his haste to flee, left the cup tipped over in the replicator without punching in the recycle command.

[Enroute to Flight Control Center from Mess Hall]

He strode, but refused to run, through the passageway...

...she entered the room just as a he was moving to leave. Although she might not have noticed if she hadn't nearly crashed into the him head-on. She looked up from her book and swerved at the last minute, bumping up against the wall and dropping her book. "I'm so sorry! I should have been paying better attention! You'd think I'd know better by this point..." She knelt down to grab her book...

Didn't even apologize, just rushed off with your head lost in thought. Not focusing on what's around you...

Arrun punched the nearby bulkhead, the pain radiating and pulling his mind back to the present. "I would if you would just be quiet!" he shouted. In response all he got was approving silence as he continued on his way.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:20:53 am by Arrun Dihsar »

Offline Sharhira Dravor

• Suspended Account
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 06:01:09 am »
[Ready Room]

Carter's eyebrows raised for a second as the transfer order was sat in front of him. He glanced at it and the up to the woman standing at attention on the other side of the desk. "At ease. Some captains expect you to stand at attention any time they're addressing you, but I'm not one of them. Welcome aboard, feel free to have a seat Ms. Dravor." The Captain said motioning to one of the two chairs opposite him. The voice was inviting and warm, something that was reflected completely with his body language and calm smile. "Science 'ey? You should do well on the Athena, we can always use more science officers." Carter added, this time studying the transfer orders more carefully.

Before James could finish looking at the PADD his door chime rang again. His eyes darted to the now closed door and his head tilted slightly to the left. "Enter." His eyes remained fixed on the door, waiting to see who was waiting this time.

[Ready Room]

She nodded and slowly eased a little, still standing just a little rigidly before the offer of a chair. Taking a seat,

"Yes Sir, the Athena seems a very well equipped and capable science ship Sir"

She didn't turn in her seat but her attention obviously diverting a little to the door as the chime sounded.

Offline James Carter

• Site Administrators
  • Veteran Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 09:55:27 am »
[Ready Room]

She nodded and slowly eased a little, still standing just a little rigidly before the offer of a chair. Taking a seat,

"Yes Sir, the Athena seems a very well equipped and capable science ship Sir"

She didn't turn in her seat but her attention obviously diverting a little to the door as the chime sounded.

[Ready Room]

James leaned back in his chair, his gaze shifting back to the new Cadet. "The Athena is almost definitely the most capable science ship in the fleet, mostly because of our crew. When I go to the bridge I want you to come with me. If you want to take one of the science stations you can, or you can just observe." The Captain commanded politely.

Offline Sharhira Dravor

• Suspended Account
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 11:09:11 am »
[Ready Room]

James leaned back in his chair, his gaze shifting back to the new Cadet. "The Athena is almost definitely the most capable science ship in the fleet, mostly because of our crew. When I go to the bridge I want you to come with me. If you want to take one of the science stations you can, or you can just observe." The Captain commanded politely.

[Ready Room]

She nodded again and sat a little straighter,

"Aye Sir, I'm happy to take over the port science station. I've familiarised myself with the standard layouts for all bridge consoles on the Intrepid class"

Offline Kyle Bytes

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 11:10:54 am »
Bridge

Suzie almost winced at barrage of nervous emotions that were coming off the Cadet. She immediately realised why and managed to give him a smile.

"Relax Cadet. I'm not here to test or evaluate you in any way. I've been assigned as your supervisor for the duration of your Cadet cruise and I wanted to introduce myself." She paused. "Is there anything you would like to ask?" She finished, doing her best to settle his nerves.

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 02:36:30 pm »

Bridge

Suzie's eyebrows raised in astonishment s that was not a question she had been expecting. 'Do I have the remains of my breakfast round my mouth?' She thought, then immediately disregarded that as she had checked herself before coming up to the Bridge as she always did.

"The Mess hall is for everyone's use." She replied. "The only one who gets a private dining area is the Captain." She paused. "Our mess hall manager." She continued. "Prepares a selection of fresh food that anyone on the crew can order, but if you want something different you can order it from the replicators. It's not the same a fresh food so most go with what's on offer." She finished.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Kyle Bytes

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 06:13:59 pm »
Bridge

Suzie's eyebrows raised in astonishment s that was not a question she had been expecting. 'Do I have the remains of my breakfast round my mouth?' She thought, then immediately disregarded that as she had checked herself before coming up to the Bridge as she always did.

"The Mess hall is for everyone's use." She replied. "The only one who gets a private dining area is the Captain." She paused. "Our mess hall manager." She continued. "Prepares a selection of fresh food that anyone on the crew can order, but if you want something different you can order it from the replicators. It's not the same a fresh food so most go with what's on offer." She finished.

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:00 pm »
[Shuttle Bay]

Leo was inspecting the shuttles. As he did, his mind went back to the first few missions with the Athena. He thought of the great times they had. As he was getting lost in nostalgia, the chirp of his commbadge shook him to the present.

=/\=Lieutenant Scott, we have message for you. It's from Lieutenant Maddux.=/\=

=/\=Scott to bridge. I'll take it here, thank you.=/\=

"I wonder what the silly red-head of mine is doing now," he thought to himself.

The message was piped down to his commbadge.

=/\=Hello sweetheart. I've been assigned to the Challenger for a while. Things are very different here. I'm already making some new friends, and if you didn't already know, Dylan is the Captain. Let Ash know I'll keep an eye on him for her. Trip and Archer miss you, but I miss you the most. Let me know a time where we can have a chat.

Love you.

(PS tell Cal and Kat I said hi and I'll definitely be round for the wedding.)
=/\=

The news came as a bit of a surprise, but he knew she wouldn't be out for long. He was hoping she would be back with him, but such was the life for Starfleet officers.

He finished up and made his way up to the bridge to see what all was going on.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Susan Venator

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • 'One man's "magic" is another man's engineering!'
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 08:12:38 pm »

Bridge

Suzie nodded.

"Of course, that way I can answer any questions in a less formal setting. And I get what you mean about fresh food. Helen, my foster Mum was a big believer in home cooked food. But sometimes I fancy something that is not on  the menu so I have to use the replicator." She replied. "Well if you need me, I'll be here on the Bridge until the end of the shift at least." She finished.

She turned and was about to go over to the Auxiliary Ops station when she realised that she was the senior officer on the Bridge. She went over to the command chair and the Ensign sitting there immediately got up.

"The Bridge is yours Lieutenant." He said. "The Captain is in his Ready Room and we are on a steady course and speed." The Ensign reported.

"Thank you Jacobs." Suzie said, nodding at the Ensign, who promptly took over at the helm.

Suzie sat down in the centre chair and pulled up the command readouts.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 08:53:25 pm »
[Medical Bay - Caleb's Office]

Katheryn returned his quick kiss before walking back round his desk and taking the seat opposite as he opened the cage to let Buddy out. " I agree my love I think he's been missing you and wanting to be protective over me for some reason " she replied watching the young Russian blue as he walked out and looked curiously around the new environment loving how Caleb had adapted it for him so in quiet times he could be here with him after they had agreed not to leave him alone for long periods after the last few missions.

She also loved his little personality as he realised it was Caleb and purred as he stroked him and agreed with her husband to be. " After what we decided I thought it was the perfect time to bring him down and he'll look adorable as ever once his nails are clipped and his fur is brushed" she said " As for him liking climbing around here I think he will too ".

Katheryn smiled as the kitten began to explore properly then looked at her beloved " With Buddy happy how about we have some breakfast well lunch for you and make the most of this time before I start my shift ?".

[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office ]

Caleb smiled at Katheryn's suggestion. He got up and walked over to the replicator. "What will it be my love?" He asked. As he did so, he watched as Buddy explored the room. He chuckled as Buddy began to climb up just after using his scratching post that was set up in one corner of the room.

Buddy was one ore element in Caleb's life that made him thankful. Though he missed the clinic dearly, he was still helping others in need on the Athena. Often times when he sent care packages, when cleared to do so, he would send the latest remedies that could be replicated at the clinic. On his desk sat his notebook. It was open and his pens were out. On the open page were sketches of the various insects and plants that took over the Athena a short while ago. He also wrote detailed notes beside each drawing.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office ]

Caleb smiled at Katheryn's suggestion. He got up and walked over to the replicator. "What will it be my love?" He asked. As he did so, he watched as Buddy explored the room. He chuckled as Buddy began to climb up just after using his scratching post that was set up in one corner of the room.

Buddy was one ore element in Caleb's life that made him thankful. Though he missed the clinic dearly, he was still helping others in need on the Athena. Often times when he sent care packages, when cleared to do so, he would send the latest remedies that could be replicated at the clinic. On his desk sat his notebook. It was open and his pens were out. On the open page were sketches of the various insects and plants that took over the Athena a short while ago. He also wrote detailed notes beside each drawing.

Katheryn smiled as Caleb got up from his desk and walked to the replicator but got slightly distracted by Buddy as he explored the room more after using the scratching post in the corner. Turning her attention back to her husband to be when he asked what she would like to eat. Her appetite hadn't quite been the same lately not that she had told Cal and would go through periods not wanting to eat or eating more than normal.

Today however was one of those were she could quite happily eat a lot so thought about it for a moment before answering him. " Hmm how about you surprise me although I could go for pancakes with various toppings and oh a side of bacon and homefries" she suggested realising that what she said slightly defeated the purpose of her original idea but knew he would get a chuckle out of it and understand what she had meant.

Academy Commandant

Offline Kyle Bytes

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 09:50:37 pm »
Bridge

Suzie nodded.

"Of course, that way I can answer any questions in a less formal setting. And I get what you mean about fresh food. Helen, my foster Mum was a big believer in home cooked food. But sometimes I fancy something that is not on  the menu so I have to use the replicator." She replied. "Well if you need me, I'll be here on the Bridge until the end of the shift at least." She finished.

She turned and was about to go over to the Auxiliary Ops station when she realised that she was the senior officer on the Bridge. She went over to the command chair and the Ensign sitting there immediately got up.

"The Bridge is yours Lieutenant." He said. "The Captain is in his Ready Room and we are on a steady course and speed." The Ensign reported.

"Thank you Jacobs." Suzie said, nodding at the Ensign, who promptly took over at the helm.

Suzie sat down in the centre chair and pulled up the command readouts.

[bridge]

As Suzie left him to the Captain's chair. She took it cause she was the high rank officer on the bridge. Who would thought an Ensign would have the privilege to have that chair.

The day he would be there himself on that opportunity. The stress would bug his mind and he would stutter like a broken valve in an engine car. He could possible prepare himself for that day.

He spun toward the console to do a long scan on the sector they were in. It was best to stay tuned to the space around them.

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 10:36:14 pm »

Katheryn smiled as Caleb got up from his desk and walked to the replicator but got slightly distracted by Buddy as he explored the room more after using the scratching post in the corner. Turning her attention back to her husband to be when he asked what she would like to eat. Her appetite hadn't quite been the same lately not that she had told Cal and would go through periods not wanting to eat or eating more than normal.

Today however was one of those were she could quite happily eat a lot so thought about it for a moment before answering him. " Hmm how about you surprise me although I could go for pancakes with various toppings and oh a side of bacon and homefries" she suggested realising that what she said slightly defeated the purpose of her original idea but knew he would get a chuckle out of it and understand what she had meant.

[ Medical Bay -Caleb's Office ]

Caleb looked over at her. Normally he would raise an eyebrow at this, but her pattern of eating was different. Then again so was his when it came to shifts. "I will go ahead and add in orange juice, and Ketchup," As his said this his stomach growled loudly. He then replicated a large spread of various breakfast items for them to enjoy. He then got out Buddy's dish and gave him some wet food to enjoy. Buddy's collar jingled as he bounded over to the dish to enjoy his food. Caleb scratched behind his ears.

The three ate in silence, enjoying their small moment together as a family. It was these moments he enjoyed the most. There were no words needed and this was sheer perfection to him. He knew work would need to be done, but for a moment, he was in bliss. He leaned over and kissed his beloved's cheek. They had finished their meal and he had moved it over to the replicator to take care of any mess. He would keep Buddy's bowl in his desk for later.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Arrun Dihsar

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Knowing your destiny is only half the journey.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2017, 03:59:21 am »
[Flight Control Center]

When Arrun arrived at Flight Control, he felt terrible, but he still had the rest of his shift to work out and he was the standby shuttle pilot for a few hours yet. He looked around the room and didn't see Lt. Scott, he then checked the sensors overlooking the shuttle bay and didn't find him there.

=/\= Arrun to Lieutenant Scott, I have the latest updates on the passage plans and navigational data. Do you want me to dump my report to the main computer for your signoff later or would you like me to bring it to you? =/\=

Arrun was in no terrible hurry. With the passage plan worked out weeks in advance by the entire flight department and signed off by Ridgeline before being handed off to the Captain for the final OK: the patrol route was fairly routine and had few surprises or hazards to watch out for; especially an Intrepid-class like the Athena. The only new matter of note was the Lithol Quasar. It was ahead and off of the ship's course, but astrometrics and long-range sensors had detected a slight deviation from expected parameters. In the original course, the Athena was going light years away from it anyway. But, with any deviation in expected parameters, regulation required he noted it and report it. He even wrote a recommendation for a scouting flight ahead of the Athena to investigate the quasar; ensure the Athena was in no direct danger (or at the very least update the nav-data as soon as possible). Arrun doubted he would have to fly out; they were on a patrol mission not an exploration mission. All the same, he added the recommendation anyway; as one instructor had told him 'an officer always offers an answer to a problem, never just states the problem.' 

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2017, 08:14:19 am »
[ Medical Bay -Caleb's Office ]

Caleb looked over at her. Normally he would raise an eyebrow at this, but her pattern of eating was different. Then again so was his when it came to shifts. "I will go ahead and add in orange juice, and Ketchup," As his said this his stomach growled loudly. He then replicated a large spread of various breakfast items for them to enjoy. He then got out Buddy's dish and gave him some wet food to enjoy. Buddy's collar jingled as he bounded over to the dish to enjoy his food. Caleb scratched behind his ears.

The three ate in silence, enjoying their small moment together as a family. It was these moments he enjoyed the most. There were no words needed and this was sheer perfection to him. He knew work would need to be done, but for a moment, he was in bliss. He leaned over and kissed his beloved's cheek. They had finished their meal and he had moved it over to the replicator to take care of any mess. He would keep Buddy's bowl in his desk for later.

When Caleb made no comment over her large breakfast request other than adding orange juice and ketchup she smiled knowing he knew her well enough to not think it too strange given the nature of their shifts. " You know me well my love " she replied as he then replicated a large spread of food for them to enjoy and also the wet food that Buddy always favoured over the others they had tried him on.

Enjoying their family time as they ate without the need to talk simply making the most of being able to spend quality time together before they had to return to normality and work. Sitting back contently once they were finished and Caleb then disposed of their empty dishes, petting Buddy as he then curled up on his bed.

" I think someone is tired again" she said looking over at the sleepy kitten " I'm glad we did this my love and I'm already looking forward to spending some more time with you once our shifts are finished maybe watch a movie and just relax in our quarters" she suggested.

Academy Commandant

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles