Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise

Started by James Carter, November 01, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 17, 2017, 09:29:19 PM

[ Shuttle Bay ]

He then took out his notebook and opened it to the latest page. "Kayla I have been waiting to show this to you," He said. On the page was a perfect drawing of her portrait and on the other page was a drawing of Buddy laying on his new roost in his office. He then showed it to her. As Kayla was looking through the notebook, he spoke to Cadet Dravor once again. "I document all of my travels. Whether it be life I was to document or If I saw or a remedy I came across. It helps me to remember the good times I have had and have yet to get to have," He said.

[Main Shuttlebay]

Katheryn was definitely intrigued when Caleb took out his notebook and opened it to the latest page and told her that he had something to show her. She always loved how kept memories alive through writing or sketching things down and when she saw the portrait he had drew of her and the picture of Buddy in Caleb's office, she smiled happily before speaking to him. " It's perfect and I love it " she replied as she then listened to the rest of the conversation.

However before she could look at a particular picture of Kolinhor, more people arrived in the form of Cadet Bytes and Ash. She greeted them warmly and when Kyle asked Caleb if he could share on of his jungle stories, she knew that her husband to be would be happy to oblige and she always enjoyed listening to his jungle adventures.

Then not long after the small group was also joined by the XO who after taking a phaser proceeded to join some of the other crew who were beginning to fill the shuttles. So with that in mind she picked out a phaser for Ash and secured the crate so it could be taken back to the Armoury then instructed Alpha Team to board before turning to Caleb and the others.

" Ash, I'd like you to take one of these as all away team members are being given a Type II as a precautionary measure " she said handing over the phaser, then looked at Caleb. " I think one of your stories would be perfect for the shuttle ride " she remarked as she headed towards the nearest shuttle so that they would be ready once the pilots arrived.

Academy Commandant

Jules Bash

Quote from: Susan Venator on November 18, 2017, 05:18:52 AM

Bridge

Suzie smiled as the Cadet left the Bridge to head to the shuttle bay for the away mission. She stayed in her seat, knowing that someone would have to stay behind. She debated whether to volunteer herself too but decided against it. She was not a big fan of exploring on foot, she preferred to to tinker and build things in her spare time. Instead she began to perform detailed scans of the surface, to get an idea of the topography and to identify the best site for the shuttles to land.

[Turbolift]
Jules tugged on his uniform briefly, trying to flatten it out. He was happy to be out of the Academy. He'd been assigned a ship, and he would have conduits and panels and bulkheads to call all his own. Once he got through the captain anyway.

[Bridge]
As the doors slid open onto the bridge, he promptly realized that the sounds and bustle he'd been ignoring were actually a yellow alert. He'd spent so much time dealing with the other enlisted personnel who'd come on board, and figuring out room assignments, not to mention the general noise of a bunch of strangers in the hallways, that he'd simply done his best to ignore it all.

He had unfortunately succeeded. His face showed a flash of panic as he attempted to figure out what he should do. Deciding to follow his first agenda, reporting in to the captain.

He took two quick steps out of the turbolift, and then consciously slowed his pace as he approached the captain's chair with his transfer PADD outstretched.

"Reporting, sir."

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Sharhira Dravor on November 18, 2017, 01:45:09 AM

"Prudent to keep a record of everything, but why such an archaic storage method Sir? Surely a PADD would be far easy to back up and able to store immeasurably more data"

She gave a little frown, sure many people kept such relics as curios, and it wasn't at all difficult to obtain something like that from a replicator. It just seemed incredibly unusual to her.

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 18, 2017, 07:38:04 AM

[Main Shuttlebay]
" Ash, I'd like you to take one of these as all away team members are being given a Type II as a precautionary measure " she said handing over the phaser, then looked at Caleb. " I think one of your stories would be perfect for the shuttle ride " she remarked as she headed towards the nearest shuttle so that they would be ready once the pilots arrived.

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Caleb chuckled at Sharhira's response. "Back at the clinic we had some technology, but nothing too advanced. A PADD back then was hard to come by.  That and I spent a little bit of time with a drunken man who did not believe in the use of PADDs. It's a rather long uneventful story," He said in reply. He then heard Katheryn suggest that he tell his story in the shuttle. "I agree. Once we are situated, I will tell my story. My lovely fiance has not heard this one yet, so I think it will be a treat for everyone."

He began to head toward the shuttle interior. He hummed a bit as he walked with a pep in his step. He loved the idea that they would be out stretching their legs a bit. There was much to be explored. Though his method of remembering things seems archaic, he only kept the essentials in that book. The rest was on a PADD as Sharhira suggested. He figured if he was stuck somewhere without technology, he would have his book at the ready to help him.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

James Carter

Quote from: Jules Bash on November 19, 2017, 09:25:38 PM

[Turbolift]
Jules tugged on his uniform briefly, trying to flatten it out. He was happy to be out of the Academy. He'd been assigned a ship, and he would have conduits and panels and bulkheads to call all his own. Once he got through the captain anyway.

[Bridge]
As the doors slid open onto the bridge, he promptly realized that the sounds and bustle he'd been ignoring were actually a yellow alert. He'd spent so much time dealing with the other enlisted personnel who'd come on board, and figuring out room assignments, not to mention the general noise of a bunch of strangers in the hallways, that he'd simply done his best to ignore it all.

He had unfortunately succeeded. His face showed a flash of panic as he attempted to figure out what he should do. Deciding to follow his first agenda, reporting in to the captain.

He took two quick steps out of the turbolift, and then consciously slowed his pace as he approached the captain's chair with his transfer PADD outstretched.

"Reporting, sir."

[Bridge]

Carter quietly took the PADD and looked it over carefully. He usually knew when someone new was assigned to the ship long before they arrived, looking over the orders they brought with them was nothing more than a formality. "Welcome aboard. Your first shift should be an exciting one." The Captain said handing the PADD back and turning to Ops. "Ms. Venator, I want you on my personal away team. Ready a shuttle, I'll be there as soon as my replacement arrives." Immediately he turned back to the new recruit. "We don't have a lot of time to show you around or give you a proper introduction, follow Ms. Venator to the shuttlebay and get ready for your first away mission."

Katheryn Brighton

[Shuttle Bay]

[Shuttle - Copernicus]

Katheryn had heard what Caleb had said to Cadet Dravor and couldn't help but smile as despite them being together for some time now he was right she hadn't heard all of his jungle stories and no doubt would be hearing them for a long time yet. His stories were just a small part of who he was and had been fascinated by both them and him from the moment they had met.

" I'm sure it will" she replied looking back noticing the spring in his step and couldn't blame him especially with the chance to get off the ship and the chance for him to create more stories. Turning back she walked up the small ramp and into the waiting shuttle, stopping for a second to go over last minute details with Cole and Richards then took her seat and strapped herself in ready for departure.

Academy Commandant

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on November 21, 2017, 06:36:01 AM

[Bridge]

Carter quietly took the PADD and looked it over carefully. He usually knew when someone new was assigned to the ship long before they arrived, looking over the orders they brought with them was nothing more than a formality. "Welcome aboard. Your first shift should be an exciting one." The Captain said handing the PADD back and turning to Ops. "Ms. Venator, I want you on my personal away team. Ready a shuttle, I'll be there as soon as my replacement arrives." Immediately he turned back to the new recruit. "We don't have a lot of time to show you around or give you a proper introduction, follow Ms. Venator to the shuttlebay and get ready for your first away mission."

Bridge

Suzie nodded in receipt of the Captain's order.

"Aye Captain." She replied. "I'll have the Aero-wing ready to depart by the time you arrive." She added, before getting out of her seat.

She waved over the duty Chief, who took over from her. Suzie then headed for the turbolift and motioned for the new arrival to follow her. She stepped into the turbolift and took it down to the Aero-wing's gantry.

Deck 9 - Aero-Wing Dock Upper Gantry.

Suzie exited the turblift and, made her way across the gantry. She paused at a locked to retrieve a Type 2 phaser and tricorder, before climbing into she ship.

USS Zeus - Aero-Wing Shuttle Craft

Suzie entered the ship and made her way over to the pilots seat, where she began the power-up sequence. She then turned to the Ensign.

"Take a seat and strap in. Did you get yourself a tricorder and phaser?" She asked, turning back to the console.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Naira

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 21, 2017, 09:31:09 AM

[Shuttle Bay]

[Shuttle - Copernicus]

Katheryn had heard what Caleb had said to Cadet Dravor and couldn't help but smile as despite them being together for some time now he was right she hadn't heard all of his jungle stories and no doubt would be hearing them for a long time yet. His stories were just a small part of who he was and had been fascinated by both them and him from the moment they had met.

" I'm sure it will" she replied looking back noticing the spring in his step and couldn't blame him especially with the chance to get off the ship and the chance for him to create more stories. Turning back she walked up the small ramp and into the waiting shuttle, stopping for a second to go over last minute details with Cole and Richards then took her seat and strapped herself in ready for departure.

[Shuttle - Copernicus]

"Welcome aboard Commander," Naira greeted the woman as she strapped into her seat opposite her own. "Now we just need to wait for the others, but we should be recady to depart shortly." While she did not wish to speak ill of her fellow crewmates, was was mildly annoyed at the fact the the flight officers had yet to arrive to the shuttle bay. When they got back to the ship, she was determined to have a word with the chief to stress the importance of punctuality.

Just then, a young flight officer came bounding up the ramp and push his way to the front of the craft. "So sorry I'm late," the curly-headed ensign squeaked out an apology to his superior officers as he hopped into his seat. "I didn't realize I'd be joining this away team until the last minute. I was in my quarter, then I had to wait for a turbolift..." Naira put up a hand to stop him. She didn't need to hear all his excuses right now.

"If you can..." She indicated to the controls before him.

"Oh right, yes of course." The ensign ran a quick diagnostic of the craft and prepared it for launch. "Is everyone buckled and ready to go?" He sent out a message to the bridge notifying them that they were prepared to launch.

Naira poked her head out of the shuttlecraft to address those still lollygagging in the shuttlebay, "If you plan on joining us, I suggest you board now."

Their craft was not the only one preparing to launch, it seemed all of the away teams were ready and willing to go.

Sharhira Dravor

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 20, 2017, 01:24:54 PM

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Caleb chuckled at Sharhira's response. "Back at the clinic we had some technology, but nothing too advanced. A PADD back then was hard to come by.  That and I spent a little bit of time with a drunken man who did not believe in the use of PADDs. It's a rather long uneventful story," He said in reply. He then heard Katheryn suggest that he tell his story in the shuttle. "I agree. Once we are situated, I will tell my story. My lovely fiance has not heard this one yet, so I think it will be a treat for everyone."

He began to head toward the shuttle interior. He hummed a bit as he walked with a pep in his step. He loved the idea that they would be out stretching their legs a bit. There was much to be explored. Though his method of remembering things seems archaic, he only kept the essentials in that book. The rest was on a PADD as Sharhira suggested. He figured if he was stuck somewhere without technology, he would have his book at the ready to help him.

Tilted her head, wondering exactly where the clinic must have been to be so isolated but it seemed like she'd have to wait for the answers.
Quote from: Naira on November 21, 2017, 07:00:57 PM

[Shuttle - Copernicus]
Naira poked her head out of the shuttlecraft to address those still lollygagging in the shuttlebay, "If you plan on joining us, I suggest you board now."

Their craft was not the only one preparing to launch, it seemed all of the away teams were ready and willing to go.

[Shuttlebay]

Gulped as the XO's head peeked out from the rear of the shuttle. Not waiting another moment before quickly crossing the shuttlebay to the Copernicus and finding herself a seat inside.

[Shuttlecraft - Copernicus]

Carefully setting her kit on her lap and getting comfy. Opening up her kit and starting to check its contents once again. She'd hurried to stuff extra sampling equipment in to it and attempted to set it in some kind of order despite the fact there wasn't enough space to stow it all properly.

James Carter

[Bridge]

The doors to the bridge hissed open causing Carter to turn and look who was being admitted, hoping it was his replacement. To his surprise it wasn't, instead it was a face that he didn't expect. Tessa Warren, a long time friend-turned subordinate. He was still always happy to see her, but now that he was her boss things were different. "Ms. Warren, I assume you're here to take security?" James asked carefully.

Warren's eyes scanned the captain as she shook her head slightly. "Uh, no. There's news that you need to be aware of." The small woman approached slowly as she spoke extending a PADD out to him.

Hesitantly, Carters hands moved to meet the device. The screen had a short briefing on it:

The USS Challenger was last in contact with the fleet 16 days ago, presumed destroyed. Survivors unknown.
James nodded sorrowfully, slowly handing the PADD back. He thought carefully on what he'd read before he spoke. "Prepare the Redtail for when I get back. If the Athena receives new orders I'll depart back to Starbase Columbus and leave the ship to Commander Naria." Without noticing, the officer who was taking over for him appeared on the bridge.

"Sir. The Zeus is waiting for you." The Officer said standing at attention.

Carter quickly turned to face the older male now accompanying him. "Thank you Rawlins. You have the bridge." The Captain replied as he turned to leave.

[Aero-wing Dock - USS Zeus]

James made his way to the shuttle as quickly as he could. An audible sigh passed his lips as he strapped in. "Once everyone's on board let's head out."

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on November 22, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

James made his way to the shuttle as quickly as he could. An audible sigh passed his lips as he strapped in. "Once everyone's on board let's head out."

USS Zeus

Suzie, having completed the pre-flight checks, looked up as James entered and sat down.

"We are ready for departure Captain. Who else are we waiting for?" She asked.

Jules Bash

Quote from: Susan Venator on November 21, 2017, 04:17:03 PM

Bridge

Suzie nodded in receipt of the Captain's order.

"Aye Captain." She replied. "I'll have the Aero-wing ready to depart by the time you arrive." She added, before getting out of her seat.

She waved over the duty Chief, who took over from her. Suzie then headed for the turbolift and motioned for the new arrival to follow her. She stepped into the turbolift and took it down to the Aero-wing's gantry.

[Bridge - Turbolift]
Jules let the look of surprise drop from his face as he followed Ms. Venator into the turbolift. He took a moment as the turbolift descended to look over the woman. She seemed to be a typical human female, except for the fact that she carried herself more confidently. As a commander, and a warrior. Either that, or Jules was just so used to the soft engineers from the academy that it just seemed a stark contrast.
Quote from: Susan Venator on November 21, 2017, 04:17:03 PM

Deck 9 - Aero-Wing Dock Upper Gantry.

Suzie exited the turblift and, made her way across the gantry. She paused at a locked to retrieve a Type 2 phaser and tricorder, before climbing into she ship.

USS Zeus - Aero-Wing Shuttle Craft

Suzie entered the ship and made her way over to the pilots seat, where she began the power-up sequence. She then turned to the Ensign.

"Take a seat and strap in. Did you get yourself a tricorder and phaser?" She asked, turning back to the console.

As the turbolift doors opened, they exited into the docking bay. He followed Ms. Venator out of instinct, but was distracted by looking over the prominently labeled USS Zeus. It was built more in a style that Jules could appreciate. He found a lot of the Federation ships were awkward looking, with pieces seemingly mismatched into one whole that usually was bigger than it needed to be.

It wasn't until they began to enter the shuttle and she actually spoke to him that he realized he had ignored gearing up.

"Oh. I, ah, I'll do that." Frustrated at being off-guard and already not doing his job, he went back to the lockers, cursing himself under his breath as he retrieved a type-two phaser, and a tricorder. He decided to grab an engineering kit also in the gear area, though he had no idea if he would need it. It occurred to him that he had no idea where they were going either. He jogged lightly back to the aero-wing, finding himself quite frustrated already.

Quote from: James Carter on November 22, 2017, 10:30:54 AM

He let one last, vehement curse for finding the captain there already, while he was still fumbling around. Jules quietly strapped into the first available chair in the back.  He promised to let nothing else go wrong for his first shift, opening the engineering kit, and examining the equipment inside.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Naira on November 21, 2017, 07:00:57 PM

[Shuttle - Copernicus]

"Welcome aboard Commander," Naira greeted the woman as she strapped into her seat opposite her own. "Now we just need to wait for the others, but we should be recady to depart shortly."

[Shuttle Copernicus]

" Thank you Commander and that's good to hear hopefully we won't have to wait long" Katheryn replied warmly as Naira greeted her from the seat opposite and informed her that they should be departing shortly. Then a slightly flustered looking Ensign appeared in flight red and was pleased to see that they finally had a pilot to take them down to the planet as knew it wouldn't look good for the department if one had failed to show especially with the importance of their mission.

Turning in her seat as they were joined by Cadet Dravor and knew that Caleb would be taking his seat momentarily then they would soon be off the ship and exploring the unknown something she always thought of poetically despite the situations they had found themselves in lately as no matter what happened it left you with the feeling that you had learned something and to not take things for granted and live for the moment.

She always made that a priority and perhaps that's what had made her and Cal decide not to wait too long before getting married as both knew they were together for life and in only a few short weeks she would become Mrs Brighton.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

[ Shuttle Copernicus ]

Caleb hummed a bit as he walked. The prospect of exploring was wonderful, but it was even more wonderful that he would soon get to share one of his stories. Though he was loving spending time with Katheryn, he was looking forward to getting married to her. He was counting down the days to the wedding.

He had reached out to many old contacts he knew would like to attend. There was a few he wanted to introduce to her and new ones they had made. When he sat down he smiled as Katheryn was sitting across from him. He was flipping through his notebook trying to choose a story to tell and his smile was bittersweet when he looked at it.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

James Carter

[USS Zeus]

As soon as Jules had boarded the Captain offered a nod to Susan. "Let's roll. With any luck we won't be far behind alpha team. Mr. Bash, have you ever had to use a phaser in a live-fire environment before?" James asked inquisitivly.

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on November 25, 2017, 10:47:27 AM

[USS Zeus]

As soon as Jules had boarded the Captain offered a nod to Susan. "Let's roll. With any luck we won't be far behind alpha team. Mr. Bash, have you ever had to use a phaser in a live-fire environment before?" James asked inquisitivly.

USS Zeus

Suzie nodded.

"Aye Captain." She replied before opening a channel.

=/\= Zeus to Launch Control. Request permission to depart. =/\=

=/\= Launch Control to Zeus. You are cleared for departure. Fair Winds! =/\=

=/\= Thank you Launch Control. Zeus out! =/\=

Suzie closed the channel and immediately disengaged the docking clamps before engaging the thrusters.

Once the Zeus was clear of the Athena, she engaged the impulse engine and set a course for the designated landing site.

As they entered the planet's atmosphere, Suzie was thankful for the wings as it gave the modified runabout far better handling than a standard shuttle. She noticed it when the ship ran into some turbulence.

"We've got some turbulence in the upper ionosphere Captain. Nothing to worry about as we should be through it very shortly." She reported.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.