Athena Mission 2.9: Perfect Paradise

Started by James Carter, November 01, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Venator

Quote from: Naira on November 15, 2017, 06:07:11 PM

[Bridge]

Naira leaned over the chair of the science lieutenant as she read over the results of their latest scan. "If I'm reading this correctly, the planet is not devoid of life. Our scan seems to be picking up many plants and what appears to be smaller animal life, but it's not detecting any humanoids or higher beings. And I'm not seeing any signs of any civilizations, past or present."

She turned to look at the Captain and the Chief of Security.

"It might be worth sending a team or two down to explore the surface. I'm sure science would love the opportunity to collect some samples for further analysis and after our last mission I'm sure the crew would appreciate the chance to stretch their legs and get some fresh air. While we aren't detecting any signs of large predators that should pose a threat, I think our people should still be outfitted with phasers just in case."

She took a deep breath and addressed the rest of the Bridge, "Lieutenant Scott, would like to pilot one of the shuttles? Cadet Dravor will you be joining the science team?"

Then, she turned to the ops officers on the bridge. "Can you kindly address the crew know and let them know that we will be taking the time to explore this planet and that anyone who would like to join an away team should report to the Main Shuttle Bay."

Bridge

Suzie nodded.

"Aye Commander." She replied before opening up a ship-wide channel.

=/\= Bridge to all hands. We have discovered an unexplored M class planet and we are sending down an away team to the surface by shuttle to collect samples and to explore. Anyone who wishes to participate in this away mission and has their department heads permission to do so, may accompany the team. Those who are joining the team, please report the the main shuttle bay immediately. =/\=

She closed the channel and turned to the Cadet.

"Do you want to go down to the planet?" She asked.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

James Carter

Quote from: Naira on November 15, 2017, 06:07:11 PM

[Bridge]

Naira leaned over the chair of the science lieutenant as she read over the results of their latest scan. "If I'm reading this correctly, the planet is not devoid of life. Our scan seems to be picking up many plants and what appears to be smaller animal life, but it's not detecting any humanoids or higher beings. And I'm not seeing any signs of any civilizations, past or present."

She turned to look at the Captain and the Chief of Security.

"It might be worth sending a team or two down to explore the surface. I'm sure science would love the opportunity to collect some samples for further analysis and after our last mission I'm sure the crew would appreciate the chance to stretch their legs and get some fresh air. While we aren't detecting any signs of large predators that should pose a threat, I think our people should still be outfitted with phasers just in case."

She took a deep breath and addressed the rest of the Bridge, "Lieutenant Scott, would like to pilot one of the shuttles? Cadet Dravor will you be joining the science team?"

Then, she turned to the ops officers on the bridge. "Can you kindly address the crew know and let them know that we will be taking the time to explore this planet and that anyone who would like to join an away team should report to the Main Shuttle Bay."

[Bridge]

James didn't like the idea of sending a team to the planet. He'd had multiple experiences with mysterious and unknown planets, none of which were pleasant for him. But in this case, it was the best option to move forward with. If scans here returned nothing, that didn't mean scans there would give the same results. "Let's go then. Phasers are permitted, but lethal force is not. If we're running the risk of breaking the prime directive, I'd certainly prefer to not also kill anyone." It was blunt, but got his point across nicely. He rose to his feet after a few seconds of silence. "Let's also limit the crew, even those with clearance for higher, down to Type-2's only."

Katheryn Brighton

[Armoury]

Katheryn walked into the Armoury and made a beeline straight for the weapons lockers, typing in her own access codes then stood back as the lock system turned green followed by the soft hiss of it opening then looked over its contents. Unsure as to how many people would be joining the away team she selected two crates of Type II phasers and a crate of Type III's not that she thought they would need them but they could always be returned to the Armoury if they weren't required.

Remembering Wendy's advice, she secured the lockers and grabbed one of the crates letting Cole and Richards pick up the others then it was straight into the turbolift so they could get to the Main Shuttlebay.

[Main Shuttlebay]

As soon as the doors opened, Katheryn walked in with her two men following behind and made her way over to the shuttles that were being prepped for the journey to the surface and placed the crate down on top of a storage unit. Turning round she noticed a slightly lost looking Science Cadet hovering nearby and called out to her " Cadet, I'm Commander Carter, if your joining the away team you'll need a phaser if you would like to come and collect one " she said opening the crate.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Susan Venator on November 16, 2017, 06:34:54 AM

=/\= Bridge to all hands. We have discovered an unexplored M class planet and we are sending down an away team to the surface by shuttle to collect samples and to explore. Anyone who wishes to participate in this away mission and has their department heads permission to do so, may accompany the team. Those who are joining the team, please report the the main shuttle bay immediately. =/\=

[ Medical Bay - Caleb's Office ]
Caleb had just put Buddy on his roost and finished the drawing in his notebook when he heard the announcement. This would be perfect to stretch his legs. It would also be good for samples and such. He got up and walked over to address his team.

[ Medical Bay ]

"Alright if anyone want to volunteer to help please let me know now," Caleb said. Edward and Alphonse said they would. "Wendy do you think you have this? Buddy is in my office so he will need to be checked on every so often. He can wander I just don't want him getting hurt," Caleb asked Wendy. She nodded and ran to go get Buddy with a smile on her face. When she returned, Buddy was on her shoulder looking sad that Caleb was leaving. He ran over and kissed him on the head before scratching his ears.

While Caleb did this, Ed had helped Al grab three essentials kits. One was Caleb's which he made superficially for himself and the other two were general use. Since Caleb was always prepared, he didn't want to loose storage for other supplies, when he could have survival gear in just one while bandages and others could be used in the other two. He had then grab a phaser each and then a medical tricorder. He patted his pocket, which housed his notebook and pencil for notes, and motioned for his away team to walk with him.

[ Shuttle Bay ]

It didn't take long for Caleb, Ed, and Al to reach the shuttle bay. Caleb say Katheryn and smiled widely as the trio walked over to meet the group. "Brother this is exciting," Al said. It was then Edward saw that Lucy was joining them. His smile went wide as Al pretended to gag. "Hey there stranger,"Edward said to Lucy.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Sharhira Dravor

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 16, 2017, 09:23:40 AM

[Main Shuttlebay]

As soon as the doors opened, Katheryn walked in with her two men following behind and made her way over to the shuttles that were being prepped for the journey to the surface and placed the crate down on top of a storage unit. Turning round she noticed a slightly lost looking Science Cadet hovering nearby and called out to her " Cadet, I'm Commander Carter, if your joining the away team you'll need a phaser if you would like to come and collect one " she said opening the crate.

[Main Shuttlebay]

Quickly crossed to where Commander Carter was stood, she nodded

"Yes Commander"

She reached in to one of the crates and plucked a hand phaser from inside. Tapping the control to test the phaser was charged, a little beep of her turning it to the lowest stun setting before switching back to the safe 'zero' setting. Affixing the phaser to her hip she stepped to one side. Standing out of the way of anyone else who might need to arm themselves. Starting to mull over the possibilities of this planet, everyone aboard seemed to be taking it very seriously, like they suspected the worst.

That was until a trio of medical personnel entered the shuttle bay. They all seemed rather excited to be out of the sickbay.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton link=topic=8546.msg164369#msg164369 date=1510858074

b][ Shuttle Bay ][/b]

It didn't take long for Caleb, Ed, and Al to reach the shuttle bay. Caleb say Katheryn and smiled widely as the trio walked over to meet the group. "Brother this is exciting," Al said. It was then Edward saw that Lucy was joining them. His smile went wide as Al pretended to gag. "Hey there stranger,"Edward said to Lucy.

Quote from: Sharhira Dravor on November 16, 2017, 02:44:01 PM

[Main Shuttlebay]

Quickly crossed to where Commander Carter was stood, she nodded

"Yes Commander"

She reached in to one of the crates and plucked a hand phaser from inside. Tapping the control to test the phaser was charged, a little beep of her turning it to the lowest stun setting before switching back to the safe 'zero' setting. Affixing the phaser to her hip she stepped to one side. Standing out of the way of anyone else who might need to arm themselves. Starting to mull over the possibilities of this planet, everyone aboard seemed to be taking it very seriously, like they suspected the worst.

That was until a trio of medical personnel entered the shuttle bay. They all seemed rather excited to be out of the sickbay.

[Main Shuttlebay]

Katheryn smiled as the cadet replied to her before walking over to the open crate to retrieve a phaser for herself, happy to see that she knew what she was doing for it as she checked it over before attaching it to her hip then took a step back. It was then that she noticed Caleb enter the bay along with Ed and Al and saw her fiance's wide smile one that he only gave her whenever they saw one another and knew he wouldn't be able to turn down the opportunity to visit the planet below plus she always felt reassured knowing that they both would be part of the away team.

" Hey Cal " she said as they approached before looking over at Ed speaking to Lucy and thought it was sweet seeing them together even more so since her and Cal had played matchmaker at their engagement party. Turning to Cadet Dravor " Cadet I'd like you to meet out CMO Dr Brighton and some of his team Ed and Al " she said making the introductions.

" Hey there yourself"Lucy replied happy to see Edward but knew that any conversation would need to be kept to a minimum in the presence of senior officers but was glad she had decided to go to the planet and get the chance to see him. Giving him one last smile as she went back to prepping the shuttle.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 16, 2017, 04:06:52 PM

[Main Shuttlebay]

Katheryn smiled as the cadet replied to her before walking over to the open crate to retrieve a phaser for herself, happy to see that she knew what she was doing for it as she checked it over before attaching it to her hip then took a step back. It was then that she noticed Caleb enter the bay along with Ed and Al and saw her fiance's wide smile one that he only gave her whenever they saw one another and knew he wouldn't be able to turn down the opportunity to visit the planet below plus she always felt reassured knowing that they both would be part of the away team.

" Hey Cal " she said as they approached before looking over at Ed speaking to Lucy and thought it was sweet seeing them together even more so since her and Cal had played matchmaker at their engagement party. Turning to Cadet Dravor " Cadet I'd like you to meet out CMO Dr Brighton and some of his team Ed and Al " she said making the introductions.

" Hey there yourself"Lucy replied happy to see Edward but knew that any conversation would need to be kept to a minimum in the presence of senior officers but was glad she had decided to go to the planet and get the chance to see him. Giving him one last smile as she went back to prepping the shuttle.

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Caleb noticed a glow about Katheryn. Maybe it was because of how in love he was or how ready he was to get married to her. He gave her a kiss on the cheek as he joined her side. After Katheryn spoke he to turned to Cadet Dravor. "It is nice to meet you," He said with his warmest smile.

Edward smiled when Lucy said hello to him. He was glad to see her come along. He noticed she was prepping the ship. "Do you need any help?" He asked. Alphonse shook his head at his brother's sillyness, but he was glad he was happy. He wandered around asking if he could be of assistance as well to make sure things went smoothly.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Sharhira Dravor

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 16, 2017, 04:06:52 PM

[Main Shuttlebay]

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 16, 2017, 07:21:33 PM

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Caleb noticed a glow about Katheryn. Maybe it was because of how in love he was or how ready he was to get married to her. He gave her a kiss on the cheek as he joined her side. After Katheryn spoke he to turned to Cadet Dravor. "It is nice to meet you," He said with his warmest smile.

[Main Shuttlebay]
Forced a bit of a smile across her face, it seemed customary amongst humans.

"Greetings Doctor Brighton, I do hope your services on this away team wont be needed"

She didn't interrupt the other's conversation but tried to take mental notes of the names of the other crew members that would be part of the away team. She'd managed to memorise the names of the senior staff before even getting to the ship but it was near impossible for anyone without a masterful mind to remember every single name on a starship.

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 16, 2017, 07:21:33 PM

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Edward smiled when Lucy said hello to him. He was glad to see her come along. He noticed she was prepping the ship. "Do you need any help?" He asked. Alphonse shook his head at his brother's sillyness, but he was glad he was happy. He wandered around asking if he could be of assistance as well to make sure things went smoothly.

[Main Shuttlebay]

Once the introductions had been made, Katheryn smiled as Caleb kissed her cheek before he spoke to Cadet Dravor. She had noticed the way he looked at her as he got closer but now wasn't really the time for her to tell him her news no it was best to wait until they were on their own and it was also dependant on how the mission went.

It wasn't as if she didn't want to tell him in fact it was quite the opposite but at the same time had wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly before she did. But for now she needed to focus on the mission and ensure those who were taking part were sufficiently protected. " If any of you need a phaser please take one from the crate " she said more so to Caleb, his team and Lucy.

Again Lucy thought it was very sweet of Edward when he asked if he could help."Yeah sure you can, I'm nearly finished prepping the shuttles with supplies should they be needed"she replied as she picked up one of the crates and proceeded to store it in the rear of the shuttle.

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

Quote from: Sharhira Dravor on November 17, 2017, 02:35:29 PM

[Main Shuttlebay]
Forced a bit of a smile across her face, it seemed customary amongst humans.

"Greetings Doctor Brighton, I do hope your services on this away team wont be needed"

She didn't interrupt the other's conversation but tried to take mental notes of the names of the other crew members that would be part of the away team. She'd managed to memorise the names of the senior staff before even getting to the ship but it was near impossible for anyone without a masterful mind to remember every single name on a starship.

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Caleb smiled as Cadet Dravor spoke. He chuckled at her quip. "If I am needed, we brought enough supplies. If I learned anything from my time at the jungle clinic, it's that you cannot be too over prepared," He said in response. He then checked his pocket to make sure he still had his notebook. He wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to document things as they happened.

Quote from: Katheryn Carter on November 17, 2017, 03:15:24 PM

[Main Shuttlebay]

Once the introductions had been made, Katheryn smiled as Caleb kissed her cheek before he spoke to Cadet Dravor. She had noticed the way he looked at her as he got closer but now wasn't really the time for her to tell him her news no it was best to wait until they were on their own and it was also dependant on how the mission went.

It wasn't as if she didn't want to tell him in fact it was quite the opposite but at the same time had wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly before she did. But for now she needed to focus on the mission and ensure those who were taking part were sufficiently protected. " If any of you need a phaser please take one from the crate " she said more so to Caleb, his team and Lucy.

[ Shuttle Bay ]

He then took out his notebook and opened it to the latest page. "Kayla I have been waiting to show this to you," He said. On the page was a perfect drawing of her portrait and on the other page was a drawing of Buddy laying on his new roost in his office. He then showed it to her. As Kayla was looking through the notebook, he spoke to Cadet Dravor once again. "I document all of my travels. Whether it be life I was to document or If I saw or a remedy I came across. It helps me to remember the good times I have had and have yet to get to have," He said.

Kyle Bytes

[Bridge to Shuttle]

The Cadet was smiling ear to ear to volunteer to go down to the planet to explore. He needed to get off the ship for fresh air. So he headed happily to the shuttle bay to see other folks.

He had grabbed a phaser  and a tricorder before he had entered the shuttle. He greeted everyone who was there. As he sat down he noticed two officers mingling and one kissed the other. The expression on his face was saying, what? I would never do that in uniform. Then he had wondered, Maybe that was the couple supposed to be getting married. But it was not proper to kiss. Poor leadership he thought. It was like a uniform was being work. You don't do that unless you get paid to kiss. On the other hand, that could be a neat job.

His dark eyes looked to the ground. He was a Cadet. He had no saying. It was best to let it go.

After a brief of odd moment, Psi looked up. "Oh, I am new too. Cadet Bytes," he said and winked at the ladies on the ship. "It it is a pl-pleasure meeting you all." The reason he started to stutter because he was worried he forgot something. He was not sure what it was but he had looked down to double check his phaser. Nope. That was not it. He gave a small chuckle under his breath. "Well, you mentioned jungle. Can you share a story?" He asked. He heard stories about crew members on how Caleb loved to talk about his jungle stories. So it was possible a good way to kill time.

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

[Mess Hall]

Ash eased herself down onto a table and cradled her head in her hands. It was turning into one of those days where she wanted to call it quits and just take a nap. Technically, as mess hall manager, she could take a break if she wanted to. Both Sasha and Nicholai were in today, and they knew enough to keep things running at least sort of efficiently... But Ash didn't even know what she would do if she took time off.  Dylan was off who-knows-where, commanding his own ship. Cat was out there with him. James was commanding this ship - and she couldn't get in the habit of just waltzing up to the bridge whenever she was bored. She sighed and moved to open up the well-worn book in front of her, when just the sort of distraction she needed came over the comms.

Quote from: Susan Venator on November 16, 2017, 06:34:54 AM

Unexplored planet? Now THAT sounds interesting... I count as Á¢â,¬Ëœall hands,' right?.. I totally count. Ash put her book away and slid her apron off over her head. She waved to let Sasha know she was heading out, then ducked out the door before the inquisitive redhead could question her on why.

[Shuttlebay]

Ash cautiously entered the shuttlebay, quietly making her way over to the group of crewmen ready to head down to the planet. She tried to come up with a valid reason for her going as she walked and did her best not to draw attention to herself before she had a solid argument built. There's only so much one can do in a relatively open shuttlebay though.

Sharhira Dravor

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 17, 2017, 09:29:19 PM

[ Shuttle Bay ]

Caleb smiled as Cadet Dravor spoke. He chuckled at her quip. "If I am needed, we brought enough supplies. If I learned anything from my time at the jungle clinic, it's that you cannot be too over prepared," He said in response. He then checked his pocket to make sure he still had his notebook. He wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to document things as they happened.

[ Shuttle Bay ]

He then took out his notebook and opened it to the latest page. "Kayla I have been waiting to show this to you," He said. On the page was a perfect drawing of her portrait and on the other page was a drawing of Buddy laying on his new roost in his office. He then showed it to her. As Kayla was looking through the notebook, he spoke to Cadet Dravor once again. "I document all of my travels. Whether it be life I was to document or If I saw or a remedy I came across. It helps me to remember the good times I have had and have yet to get to have," He said.

[Shuttle Bay]

She blinked as Caleb pulls that note pad from his pocket. Paper? Surely not. She nodded as he spoke again.

"Prudent to keep a record of everything, but why such an archaic storage method Sir? Surely a PADD would be far easy to back up and able to store immeasurably more data"

She gave a little frown, sure many people kept such relics as curios, and it wasn't at all difficult to obtain something like that from a replicator. It just seemed incredibly unusual to her.

Quote from: Kyle "Psi" Bytes on November 17, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

[Bridge to Shuttle]
After a brief of odd moment, Psi looked up. "Oh, I am new too. Cadet Bytes," he said and winked at the ladies on the ship. "It it is a pl-pleasure meeting you all." The reason he started to stutter because he was worried he forgot something. He was not sure what it was but he had looked down to double check his phaser. Nope. That was not it. He gave a small chuckle under his breath. "Well, you mentioned jungle. Can you share a story?" He asked. He heard stories about crew members on how Caleb loved to talk about his jungle stories. So it was possible a good way to kill time.

Gave a little nod of acknowledgement as the other Cadet approached the group. Recognising him from the bridge not minutes before. Giving a little polite wave,
"Hello Cadet Bytes"
Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on November 17, 2017, 10:23:00 PM

[Shuttlebay]

Ash cautiously entered the shuttlebay, quietly making her way over to the group of crewmen ready to head down to the planet. She tried to come up with a valid reason for her going as she walked and did her best not to draw attention to herself before she had a solid argument built. There's only so much one can do in a relatively open shuttlebay though.

Her attention grabbed as Kyle started to speak to Caleb, noticing Ashlynn starting to tentatively wander in to the shuttle bay from over his shoulder. Starting to lean a little further as she peers over at the dark haired woman as she inched her way closer. Her antennae drawing in closer to each other as she focuses in on her. Her obviously growing slower and slower as she approached the growing group stood in the Shuttlebay.

Naira

Quote from: James Carter on November 16, 2017, 08:50:40 AM

[Bridge]

James didn't like the idea of sending a team to the planet. He'd had multiple experiences with mysterious and unknown planets, none of which were pleasant for him. But in this case, it was the best option to move forward with. If scans here returned nothing, that didn't mean scans there would give the same results. "Let's go then. Phasers are permitted, but lethal force is not. If we're running the risk of breaking the prime directive, I'd certainly prefer to not also kill anyone." It was blunt, but got his point across nicely. He rose to his feet after a few seconds of silence. "Let's also limit the crew, even those with clearance for higher, down to Type-2's only."

[Bridge]

"Agreed. I feel it's always better to be prepared for the worst and hope it doesn't happen than to be caught unprepared in a bad situation. We'll limit the away teams to only a handful of members each and if they turn up nothing of consequence, then we'll discuss allowing more of the crew down onto the surface. "

She took a moment to survey the Bridge before turning back to the main viewscreen to take in the sight of the planet once more.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to join one of the teams."

She didn't speak it aloud, but she was hoping that a little sunshine and fresh air might due her good. Lately her head had been full of duty rosters and shift crews that it felt as if she had no time to take a breather and relax for even a moment. Besides, if she were to admit it, she was starting to look a sickly shade of green from her lack light therapy. Getting outside and feeling the warmth of a sun on her skin as she soaked in its rejuvenating rays, might just help her feel a little better.

"We'll keep in regular contact and report all of our findings," she said as she grabbed her thermos once more and headed for the turbolift.

During the short ride down to the Shuttle Bay, she made sure to contact her daughters to let them know that she probably wouldn't be joining them for dinner, but that she would be back soon enough. After they finished their studies they were clean their room, eat only one of the designated meal options from the replicator and not to stay up too late. She had to promise Lurels two bedtime stores tomorrow and that she would oil their hair when she returned.

[Shuttle Bay]

By the time Naira arrived in the Shuttle Bay, there were already a small collection of officers and crewmen and even a few civilians vying to board the shuttles. It seemed she was far from the only person hoping to stretch her legs. Luckily everyone was being very cordial about it. A few people stepped aside as she retrieved a phaser of her own, inspected it and placed it on her hip. She also made she to grab a tricorder, which she fiddled with as she climbed aboard one of the shuttles already filling up with passengers.

She looked up from the device long enough to offer a smile to the others. "It seems we are just waiting on a pilot, then we should be good to go."

Susan Venator

Quote from: Kyle "Psi" Bytes on November 17, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

[Bridge to Shuttle]

The Cadet was smiling ear to ear to volunteer to go down to the planet to explore. He needed to get off the ship for fresh air. So he headed happily to the shuttle bay to see other folks.

He had grabbed a phaser  and a tricorder before he had entered the shuttle. He greeted everyone who was there. As he sat down he noticed two officers mingling and one kissed the other. The expression on his face was saying, what? I would never do that in uniform. Then he had wondered, Maybe that was the couple supposed to be getting married. But it was not proper to kiss. Poor leadership he thought. It was like a uniform was being work. You don't do that unless you get paid to kiss. On the other hand, that could be a neat job.

His dark eyes looked to the ground. He was a Cadet. He had no saying. It was best to let it go.

Bridge

Suzie smiled as the Cadet left the Bridge to head to the shuttle bay for the away mission. She stayed in her seat, knowing that someone would have to stay behind. She debated whether to volunteer herself too but decided against it. She was not a big fan of exploring on foot, she preferred to to tinker and build things in her spare time. Instead she began to perform detailed scans of the surface, to get an idea of the topography and to identify the best site for the shuttles to land.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.