Author Topic: S12 - M4: The Delta Quadrant Vultures  (Read 26742 times)

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S12 - M4: The Delta Quadrant Vultures
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 10:38:59 pm »
[Science Lab 1]

Awen quietly watched EQ work. Engineering and Operations certainly weren't her strong suits, but she knew the basics from Academy. The damaged gel packs seemed to be a slightly different color from the new ones the former Borg had brought. Considering how many he seemed to be replacing, it probably would explain why she was having issues.

"Yeah, our last mission overworked the gel packs.  And the gel packs power and communicate with all they systems on the ship.  They ain't working right.  So everyone is having problems" Kimball replied.  He offered a sympathetic shrug.

Nodding, the Bajoran replied, "I see; that makes sense. And I'm sure other systems are higher priority than those of us working the lab. Hopefully we'll have the issues sorted out soon enough and we can get back to our work."

Hearing the doors to the Science Lab open, Awen immediately turned towards the sound. A moment later, Kinley walked in and headed in their direction before setting something down. Nodding to her department head, Awen replied, "Good morning, Commander. I've been trying to access the sensor data for the planet and the system around it, but keep getting errors. Crewman Kimball is here replacing gel packs, so it seems the errors are due to the damage and current repairs."

"Things should be back to normal soon enough.  Just give it a few minutes to reestablish the connection to the main computer.  They you can science away to your hearts content" EQ offered as he picked up his tool kit.

"Excellent. I was hoping to be able to get started on that sooner rather than later. Thank you," Awen said with an appreciative nod. She turned towards Kinley, "I suppose I should say that that was my plan, ma'am, unless there's something else you want or need me to work on?"

As far as she knew, getting the information gathered and analyzed was one of their top priorities, but Awen also knew that plans changed. It could be that either Kinley wanted to handle them herself or that Awen had been assigned to a different task. Either way, it sounded like the system would be ready for her shortly.

OFF: Tag Kinley, EQ

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:28 pm »
[Bridge]

After Tekin left the Bridge, Kirok began the process of getting ready to talk to the vultures.  But first, he need to gather some information.  And for that he would need some scans done.

"Helm, orient us in a position to give us optimal scan results.  Sec/tac, please initiate scan of the major city below.  Medical, I would like to know how many and what life signs are below" Kirok called out.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 07:02:57 pm »

Swallowing the last of her juice, LK nodded toward the Vorta's collar. "Same as you, medical. But we haven't crossed paths mostly because I've been assigned to the morgue. Then doing inventory." She smiled and gave a chuckle, saying, "First I count bodies then I count supplies. I've gotten pretty good at it, too."

Just then the captain's voice broke in.

[Bridge]

"Helm, orient us in a position to give us optimal scan results.  Sec/tac, please initiate scan of the major city below.  Medical, I would like to know how many and what life signs are below" Kirok called out.

LK slapped her comm badge. =/\= "Yes, sir." =/\= She turned to Riverbank. "Back to work. Now I'll count strangers I've never seen."

Picking up her tray, she hurried toward the replicators where the recycling bins were. Tossing everything, tray and all, into the slot, LK made her way back to Deck 7 and the ACMO's office where she could concentrate.

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 10:48:40 pm »
Swallowing the last of her juice, LK nodded toward the Vorta's collar. "Same as you, medical. But we haven't crossed paths mostly because I've been assigned to the morgue. Then doing inventory." She smiled and gave a chuckle, saying, "First I count bodies then I count supplies. I've gotten pretty good at it, too."

Just then the captain's voice broke in.

LK slapped her comm badge. =/\= "Yes, sir." =/\= She turned to Riverbank. "Back to work. Now I'll count strangers I've never seen."

Picking up her tray, she hurried toward the replicators where the recycling bins were. Tossing everything, tray and all, into the slot, LK made her way back to Deck 7 and the ACMO's office where she could concentrate.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:14 am »
[Science Lab 1]

Awen quietly watched EQ work. Engineering and Operations certainly weren't her strong suits, but she knew the basics from Academy. The damaged gel packs seemed to be a slightly different color from the new ones the former Borg had brought. Considering how many he seemed to be replacing, it probably would explain why she was having issues.

Nodding, the Bajoran replied, "I see; that makes sense. And I'm sure other systems are higher priority than those of us working the lab. Hopefully we'll have the issues sorted out soon enough and we can get back to our work."

Hearing the doors to the Science Lab open, Awen immediately turned towards the sound. A moment later, Kinley walked in and headed in their direction before setting something down. Nodding to her department head, Awen replied, "Good morning, Commander. I've been trying to access the sensor data for the planet and the system around it, but keep getting errors. Crewman Kimball is here replacing gel packs, so it seems the errors are due to the damage and current repairs."

"Excellent. I was hoping to be able to get started on that sooner rather than later. Thank you," Awen said with an appreciative nod. She turned towards Kinley, "I suppose I should say that that was my plan, ma'am, unless there's something else you want or need me to work on?"

As far as she knew, getting the information gathered and analyzed was one of their top priorities, but Awen also knew that plans changed. It could be that either Kinley wanted to handle them herself or that Awen had been assigned to a different task. Either way, it sounded like the system would be ready for her shortly.

OFF: Tag Kinley, EQ

[Science Lab]

EQ's padd rang while he was picking up his kit.  He used his free hand to check it.  Then he returned it to his belt.

"Yep.  That's that plan.  I'm heading up to the Bridge now to reboot your section.  Then you should be good to go" Kimball said with a light nod of his head.  "See ya later" he added before leaving.

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 12:33:39 pm »
[Bridge]

It had been a long shift, and the adrenaline from their skirmish had long since faded. Most of Alex's department had been farmed out to assist with numerous repairs throughout the ship; he himself had just spent the past several hours cooped up with a team making repairs to their fried sensor arrays. A quick stop for an extra caffeinated beverage in the mess, and he was now on the bridge, just in time to catch Kirok's orders.

[Bridge]

After Tekin left the Bridge, Kirok began the process of getting ready to talk to the vultures.  But first, he need to gather some information.  And for that he would need some scans done.

"If they've been raiding the borg settlement, they must have warp capable ships either on the surface or somewhere in the system. I would recommend launching probes to reconnoiter the far side of the planet and any nearby planetoids capable of concealing spacecraft. I'd also suggest scanning the system for residual warp or impulse drive signatures to track their ship movements and when their last passage was."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 12:35:07 pm by Alexander Wu »

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline LK Reede

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • I live on a starship
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 02:33:08 pm »

[Mess Hall]

Dr. Reede stopped short at the door to the mess. She thought for a second -only a second, there wasn't much to think about- then nodded.

"Yes, of course. I'll be on the bridge."

[Bridge]

Half a beat later, the doors shished open revealing a brightly lit room large enough for more than the nine officers it usually held.

Bridge duty. Not my favorite place but it IS the hub of everything and I do like knowing what's happening.

LK turned and made her way to a science station. Keying in her security codes, the screen came back with a myriad of numbers. She brought those digits down to focus on the planet below.

"Captain, I'm reading a bit over 155 souls, sir," she said. "There's a city of sorts down there but I'm not getting a clear reading on species." Lt. Reede made a few adjustments and reported, "Seems to be humanoid but that could be a sensor distortion. I'll keep trying for more details."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 04:36:06 pm »
[Bridge]

It had been a long shift, and the adrenaline from their skirmish had long since faded. Most of Alex's department had been farmed out to assist with numerous repairs throughout the ship; he himself had just spent the past several hours cooped up with a team making repairs to their fried sensor arrays. A quick stop for an extra caffeinated beverage in the mess, and he was now on the bridge, just in time to catch Kirok's orders.

"If they've been raiding the borg settlement, they must have warp capable ships either on the surface or somewhere in the system. I would recommend launching probes to reconnoiter the far side of the planet and any nearby planetoids capable of concealing spacecraft. I'd also suggest scanning the system for residual warp or impulse drive signatures to track their ship movements and when their last passage was."

[Bridge]

Kirok nodded in agreement.  Wu made a good point.  He usually did.

"Proceed with you idea, Mr. Wu.  Also, given that some of our offensive capabilities may be down on the ship for a while, I would like you to launch our fighters.  And coordinate their activity" Kirok said.

[Mess Hall]

Dr. Reede stopped short at the door to the mess. She thought for a second -only a second, there wasn't much to think about- then nodded.

"Yes, of course. I'll be on the bridge."

[Bridge]

Half a beat later, the doors shished open revealing a brightly lit room large enough for more than the nine officers it usually held.

Bridge duty. Not my favorite place but it IS the hub of everything and I do like knowing what's happening.

LK turned and made her way to a science station. Keying in her security codes, the screen came back with a myriad of numbers. She brought those digits down to focus on the planet below.

"Captain, I'm reading a bit over 155 souls, sir," she said. "There's a city of sorts down there but I'm not getting a clear reading on species." Lt. Reede made a few adjustments and reported, "Seems to be humanoid but that could be a sensor distortion. I'll keep trying for more details."

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Ms. Reede.  Continue monitoring the area.  When Mr. Wu gets the probes up, please let me know what you are able to find on the other side of the planet" Kirok said.

Offline Demlion Riverbank V

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 10:40:27 pm »
[sickbay]

The man was glad he was down in sick bay. He would had enjoyed himself to be on the bridge to put some officer in a odd position with his feelings. However, he rather be down in medical bay. It was his home. This was where had worked in during the Dominion war. They all had been trying to find a cure for the god who was infected by a sickening disease created by Starfleet. Ironic. He was working with the people he had hated too. So. He had no friends.

Parent character us D'Vid

Player to player: don't be shy to be mean to my Vorta

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 04:43:08 pm »
[Bridge]

EQ entered the Bridge and went directly to his station.  He logged in.  Then went straight to work.

As promised his first job was to reboot the system.  With that done, he tapped his combadge.  -/\-Kimball to Science Lab.  You should be up an running now.  Kimball out -/\- he said.

Offline Lennox Ainsley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Failing means you're playing.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 06:04:45 pm »
[Bridge]

[Bridge]

Lennox nodded, his fingers nimbly flying across the pad as he initiated a scan of the city below them. "Scans initiated, Cap'n. Ye lookin' for anythin' in particular?"

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 10:08:56 pm »
[Bridge]

Lennox nodded, his fingers nimbly flying across the pad as he initiated a scan of the city below them. "Scans initiated, Cap'n. Ye lookin' for anythin' in particular?"

[Bridge]

Kirok turned slightly toward Sec/Tac.  "The vultures allegedly stole some thing from the Liberated Borg.  Let's start by looking for anything that has a Borg signature" Kirok replied.

"And as Mr. Wu suggested, let's look for warp signature.  Both in and out of the area.  Ships would be the third thing" the half Vulcan added.

Offline Fala Awen

• Condemner of Food, Things, and Supplies
  • Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Think they'll have THAT on the tour?
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 03:22:12 am »
[Science Lab]

Awen watched as EQ finished up his work and nodded to him as he left. At least it seemed they would soon have access to the data they needed. Of course, some of the other scientists were able to continue working regardless - their work was stored locally and backed up to the main computer systems. Sensor data, however, came from the main systems and had to be shared with them.

Her eyes moved around the room, before returning to her department head, "It's unfortunate and...inconvenient that the gel packs were damaged, but it seems this Science Lab escaped more serious damage at least. Other parts of the ship weren't as lucky. I think I would feel better if we'd taken time to finish repairs before coming here though." The Bajoran did not like to be unprepared and having repairs still under way was not comforting.

As promised his first job was to reboot the system.  With that done, he tapped his combadge.  -/\-Kimball to Science Lab.  You should be up an running now.  Kimball out -/\- he said.

Hearing EQ's voice, Awen nodded and let Kinley respond if she wished. She was in charge, after all. Thus far, Awen hadn't had much of a chance to get to know her, but perhaps that would change. She had read through Kinley's service record, which seemed fairly impressive for someone so young.

Awen moved over to the console she'd been working at before Kinley arrived and once again requested the sensor data for analysis. It took a little longer than she expected, but the information did come through. "Commander, we do seem to have access now, though the system seems slightly sluggish. I was going to start going through the data, unless there's something else you'd like me to work on or somewhere else I'm needed," she said.

Presumably Admiral Kirok would want at least one person from Science on the bridge in case some of the analysis was prudent to their mission or something came up. Or one could do that while the other kept an eye on the scans as they came in. Awen had also been hoping to start reviewing data from the journey for any interesting particle concentrations or potential anomalies, but that likely wasn't a top priority for now. Regardless, it would be up to Kinley as to what she worked on next.

OFF: Tag Kinley

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 11:44:33 am »
[Turbolift]

After going over the work plan with Engineering, Nevir got back into the turbolift.  There were priorities set... first of all correcting the power systems so that a bypass won't cut off the ship.  Weapons and shields were secondary.  That right there made Nevir a bit uncomfortable, but it was necessary.  They could pull from the warp drive, but that would make the power systems stressed, and they would be sacrificing warp speed for defense. 

He frowned as the doors opened and the bridge stood before him.  Shaking his head, he walked over and took the XO seat next to the Admiral.

"Engineering says at least 4 hours to get all power relays replaced and back online.  They already gotten about a hundred of them done so far." he said, looking out the screen.

"Do we have an update?"

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 03:12:24 pm »

[Bridge]

Kirok nodded in agreement.  Wu made a good point.  He usually did.

"Proceed with you idea, Mr. Wu.  Also, given that some of our offensive capabilities may be down on the ship for a while, I would like you to launch our fighters.  And coordinate their activity" Kirok said.

[Bridge]

"Thank you, Ms. Reede.  Continue monitoring the area.  When Mr. Wu gets the probes up, please let me know what you are able to find on the other side of the planet" Kirok said.

[Bridge]

"Aye sir." Alex replied, accessing the tactical station using an auxiliary console. Plotting the automated courses for two probes was easy enough, one set to orbit the planet and the other on a wide sweeping tour of the solar system. "Probes away." He cautioned, watching as the communication and data links almost instantaneously activated. "Lieutenant Reede, you should be receiving telemetry now."

As to the second point, Alex tapped his commbadge. =/\="Tracha, this is Wu. Meet me in the main shuttlebay."=/\= Being such a small and compact ship, they only had four Type-9 shuttles at their disposal. If push came to shove, they'd be able to hold off anything smaller than a Romulan Warbird for several minutes.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles