Author Topic: S1E7 Under the Sea  (Read 87760 times)

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • "First Do no harm" - Hipocrates
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S1E7 Under the Sea
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2017, 11:35:19 am »
Observation Lounge

"Wow!" Bonnie smiled and walked closer to the view screen which looked out onto the vibrantly coloured nebula that the ship had to go through to reach its destination. She was in awe, nebulae were stunning in pictures but Bonnie had never thought they'd look better in reality.

The last mission had been a blur but Bonnie had spent time to reflect on it. However, she still hadn't been to the sickbay to get checked over. She was still having headaches after, however they hadn't been as bad as the one she had during the abduction; Bonnie figured she might be having cluster headaches.

Bonnie had spent the last few weeks helping in Stellar Cartography and reading books on exobiology and hydroponics when she wasn't on shift on the bridge. She'd enjoyed it so far, the change of pace was nice and it was much more interesting than being a GP. She also had considered asking the captain at some point about getting a small hydroponics lab installed. After all, the crew had been through so much that it'd be nice for them to get some fresh fruit and vegetables, but that could come later.

Bonnie stared out at the nebula for a few more minutes, thinking about what the next mission would hold for them. The first mission had been exciting enough, she wondered if the second one could top it. She'd read about where they were heading as well. The Oceanic planet intruiged Bonnie and she looked forward to seeing it when they arrived. She stepped back from the view screen and turned around; she wanted to stay but she had other, more important things to do.

Bonnie tapped her commbadge, finally getting around to going to sickbay. =^="Moors to Vaughan, would I be able to speak to you when you aren't busy, commander? I have a few things on my mind."=^=

Sickbay

Lizzie was in the middle of more paperwork when she heard the com.

=/\= Vaughan to Moors. I'm available now if that is alright. Do you want to come to Sickbay or would you prefer me to come to you? =/\= She replied.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2017, 12:48:34 pm »
[Engineering]

The computer beeped to indicate it had completed the diagnostic of the shield emitters and the sound caused Lek to jump. He looked around and saw that no one had seen his reaction, which led him to a flash of insight so pure that he could only be classified as an epiphany.

"When did I stop loving this?"

He muttered and frowned as he couldn't remember the last time he was happy about being an engineer, which bothered him very deeply as he didn't remember even being happy about his recent promotion. This in turn disturbed him so much that he immediately configured his commbadge for private communication.

=/\= Lieutenant Lek to Lieutenant Maddux. I need to schedule an appointment, the sooner the better.  =/\=
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Catrin Maddux

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Don't you forget about me.
  • Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2017, 02:51:34 pm »
[Counselor's Office]

Catrin sighed as she rearranged knickknacks on one of the shelves in her new office. Trip, her golden blonde Tribble rolled around on her desk, scattering the few items she had yet to place. A quick grab saved a delicate seashell from shattering on the ground. Leo had found it for her on their last visit to Risa. An emerald eyed shadow, skulked in the corners. Cat made sure to leave Archer a spot to curl up in on the top shelf, the cat liked to perch and half the visitors to her office mistook him for a statue or toy. Her commbadge chirped, and she jumped, shaken from her revelry.

=/\= Lieutenant Lek to Lieutenant Maddux. I need to schedule an appointment, the sooner the better.  =/\=

She tapped her badge in response.

=/\= "Lt. Maddux to Lt. Lek. My appointment book is clear. You may stop in at your earliest convenience. I look forward to meeting with you. Lt. Maddux out." =/\=

Catrin gently set a crystal unicorn on the shelf and scooted Trip over to the chair so he could roll about less destructively. Time to get down to business, company's coming. She hummed quietly to herself.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2017, 03:20:39 pm »
Sickbay

Lizzie was in the middle of more paperwork when she heard the com.

=/\= Vaughan to Moors. I'm available now if that is alright. Do you want to come to Sickbay or would you prefer me to come to you? =/\= She replied.

Observation Lounge

As Bonnie continued to gaze out of the view screen in awe of the nebula, her attention was taken by her commbadge which came back with a reply from the CMO. She contemplated going to sickbay but decided that she'd prefer to stay in the observation lounge. She'd be more comfortable in the lounge and she wanted to enjoy the nebula while she could.

=^="Moors to Vaughan, I'd prefer to meet you in the observation lounge, if that's ok with you."=^= Bonnie walked over to a seat and lowered herself, preparing for the arrival of the CMO.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:05 pm »
=/\= "Lt. Maddux to Lt. Lek. My appointment book is clear. You may stop in at your earliest convenience. I look forward to meeting with you. Lt. Maddux out." =/\=

[Engineering]

Lek blinked in surprise that he was able to get an appointment so soon and replied.

=/\= "On my way."  =/\=

Lek stood up and walked across the engineering compartment to speak with LtCmdr Joreb Erix.

"Sir, I need to go to sickbay. I will return as soon as I am finished."

Lek then left without waiting for a reply. As he walked away, internally, Lek defied Erix to say a word considering he'd missed out on the last two mission.

"Time for you to do your own damn job for a change you worthless dunsel."

As Lek rode the turbolift, his determination started to waver, but the doors opened before he could tell the computer to stop. He took a deep breath and walked down the corridor, feeling alone and very small.

"I hope I'm not making a fool out of myself. The ship's counselor hasn't met me yet, but probably thinks I'm just as worthless as the rest of the crew thinks I am because I am Ferengi."

He reached the counselor's office and stood outside the door wavering and frozen for close to a minute, before he found the strength to enter the range of the door's sensors. He flinched as the doors swooshed open and stepped inside the office to find it personalized in a.... style he couldn't name. He paused for the sole occupant to turn and face him before half smiling and said.

"Lieutenant Maddux. I'm Lek, thank you for seeing me so promptly."
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Three year award Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2017, 03:41:31 pm »
Observation Lounge

As Bonnie continued to gaze out of the view screen in awe of the nebula, her attention was taken by her commbadge which came back with a reply from the CMO. She contemplated going to sickbay but decided that she'd prefer to stay in the observation lounge. She'd be more comfortable in the lounge and she wanted to enjoy the nebula while she could.

=^="Moors to Vaughan, I'd prefer to meet you in the observation lounge, if that's ok with you."=^= Bonnie walked over to a seat and lowered herself, preparing for the arrival of the CMO.

Sickbay

Lizzie gave a smile.

=/\= Of course. I will be with you shortly. Vaughan out. =/\=

Lizzie closed the channel and went over to the duty nurse.

"I have a meeting with Dr Moors Chloe. I'll be in the observation lounge if I'm needed." She said with a smile.

"Very well Doctor. We'll call you if anything comes up." Chloe replied with a smile of her own.

Lizzie nodded and headed out the door and towards the turbolift that would take her to the lounge.

Observation Lounge

Lizzie entered the Observation Lounge and looked about her. She saw Bonnie over to one side, so flagging down one of the servers, she ordered an OJ and Lemonade before heading over to her.

"Dr Moors." She said in greeting as she approached the scientist.

In Memorium.

Offline Rhymus Cleroux

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2017, 04:56:20 pm »
PO3 Rayek
[Deck 9 - Armory]

Rayek stifled the urge to smirk at the man's words.  Rayek could deal with his own ‘social issues' he didn't require or want his superior's sitting on babies for him.

"Excellent," Rhymus said, leaning back. "I suppose I will just save my guillotine for the next revolution. If that is all, you are dismissed, Petty Officer."

The man turned around back in his chair, picking up his book again.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2017, 05:11:36 pm »
Sickbay

Lizzie gave a smile.

=/\= Of course. I will be with you shortly. Vaughan out. =/\=

Lizzie closed the channel and went over to the duty nurse.

"I have a meeting with Dr Moors Chloe. I'll be in the observation lounge if I'm needed." She said with a smile.

"Very well Doctor. We'll call you if anything comes up." Chloe replied with a smile of her own.

Lizzie nodded and headed out the door and towards the turbolift that would take her to the lounge.

Observation Lounge

Lizzie entered the Observation Lounge and looked about her. She saw Bonnie over to one side, so flagging down one of the servers, she ordered an OJ and Lemonade before heading over to her.

"Dr Moors." She said in greeting as she approached the scientist.

Observation Lounge

Bonnie raised from her seat as the commander arrived at the observation lounge. When Lizzie greeted her, she smiled and offered the woman a seat. Bonnie sat down after. "Please, call me Bonnie. It's nice to meet you, Dr Vaughan."

Bonnie's sight gazed back towards the view screen and she smiled once again. " The nebula, it's beautiful, don't you think?" She turned back to the doctor, noticing that she was probably wasting some of her time talking about the nebula.

"I called for you to talk about some medical problems I've been having since out last voyage." Bonnie paused for a moment, swallowing hard and continuing. "Ive been having a bad headache; a pulsation in my head. I'm a doctor myself and I guess it's a cluster headache. However, I can't be sure so I thought I'd get it checked out so something can be done about it." She paused. "I'd like to get an appointment with the counsellor as well, I'll get that sorted out as soon as possible." Bonnie finished.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2017, 05:39:18 pm »
Observation Lounge

Bonnie raised from her seat as the commander arrived at the observation lounge. When Lizzie greeted her, she smiled and offered the woman a seat. Bonnie sat down after. "Please, call me Bonnie. It's nice to meet you, Dr Vaughan."

Bonnie's sight gazed back towards the view screen and she smiled once again. " The nebula, it's beautiful, don't you think?" She turned back to the doctor, noticing that she was probably wasting some of her time talking about the nebula.

"I called for you to talk about some medical problems I've been having since out last voyage." Bonnie paused for a moment, swallowing hard and continuing. "Ive been having a bad headache; a pulsation in my head. I'm a doctor myself and I guess it's a cluster headache. However, I can't be sure so I thought I'd get it checked out so something can be done about it." She paused. "I'd like to get an appointment with the counsellor as well, I'll get that sorted out as soon as possible." Bonnie finished.

Observation Lounge

Lizzie took a seat at the other womans invitation.

"Please, call me Lizzie, at least outside of Sickbay. I find there is not much us for ranks in the medical profession." She remarked.

At the remark about the Nebula, Lizzie looked out of the window.

"Yes it is very beautiful, it's not often we get to see such phenomena up close." She replied.

When Bonnie started talking about a headache, Lizzie look a sip of her drink and leaned forward.

"Would you mind if I did a quick check now, with my hands. There is no need to get you to Sickbay without cause." She added.

In Memorium.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2017, 06:05:27 pm »
Observation Lounge

Lizzie took a seat at the other womans invitation.

"Please, call me Lizzie, at least outside of Sickbay. I find there is not much us for ranks in the medical profession." She remarked.

At the remark about the Nebula, Lizzie looked out of the window.

"Yes it is very beautiful, it's not often we get to see such phenomena up close." She replied.

When Bonnie started talking about a headache, Lizzie look a sip of her drink and leaned forward.

"Would you mind if I did a quick check now, with my hands. There is no need to get you to Sickbay without cause." She added.

Observation Lounge

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgment to the woman. "Ok, Lizzie." When Lizzie leaned forward to check her head, Bonnie hesitated for a moment and leaned away from the woman. When she realised what Lizzie was doing, she went red in the cheeks slightly and leaned forward, allowing the woman to check her head. She wasnt used to getting checked out; she rarely got ill so it caught her off guard. She gave a quiet. "Oops. Sorry."

After the woman had finished checking her head, she leaned back naturally into the chair. "So, is it Ok?" Bonnie asked.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 06:16:19 pm by Bonnie Moors »

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2017, 07:05:29 pm »
Observation Lounge

Bonnie nodded in acknowledgment to the woman. "Ok, Lizzie." When Lizzie leaned forward to check her head, Bonnie hesitated for a moment and leaned away from the woman. When she realised what Lizzie was doing, she went red in the cheeks slightly and leaned forward, allowing the woman to check her head. She wasnt used to getting checked out; she rarely got ill so it caught her off guard. She gave a quiet. "Oops. Sorry."

After the woman had finished checking her head, she leaned back naturally into the chair. "So, is it Ok?" Bonnie asked.

Observation Lounge

Lizzie frowned and tilted her head slightly.

"There seems to be a slight swelling of your glands and your left eye is slightly bloodshot. Nothing major, but could be symptoms of a more serious problem. When did you first notice the headache?" She asked.

In Memorium.

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2017, 09:55:52 pm »
Observation Lounge

Lizzie frowned and tilted her head slightly.

"There seems to be a slight swelling of your glands and your left eye is slightly bloodshot. Nothing major, but could be symptoms of a more serious problem. When did you first notice the headache?" She asked.

Observation Lounge

Bonnie frowned at the news that her head was swelled and sighed a little, she ran her hand through her hair and then lowered it onto the table. "I first got a headache during our last voyage, two weeks ago." Bonnie paused for a moment, guessing the doctor wished shed brought it up earlier. "I know, I know. I should've brought it to your attention earlier but I have been busy focusing on and getting used to my new work in science. I wished I had myself but I just haven't had the time." With that out the way, she continued.

"When we were abducted, I woke up and I was by myself. I does had the headache then and it was bad, very bad. It was most painful then and it had gotten much better since, but there doesn't seem to be any signs that it's going. It keeps coming back but rather than hurting, it's like a constant ache." Bonnie finished. "Do you think I took an impact to the head at some point while I was unconscious?" Bonnie asked.

Offline Lizzie Vaughan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2017, 10:06:13 pm »
Observation Lounge

Bonnie frowned at the news that her head was swelled and sighed a little, she ran her hand through her hair and then lowered it onto the table. "I first got a headache during our last voyage, two weeks ago." Bonnie paused for a moment, guessing the doctor wished shed brought it up earlier. "I know, I know. I should've brought it to your attention earlier but I have been busy focusing on and getting used to my new work in science. I wished I had myself but I just haven't had the time." With that out the way, she continued.

"When we were abducted, I woke up and I was by myself. I does had the headache then and it was bad, very bad. It was most painful then and it had gotten much better since, but there doesn't seem to be any signs that it's going. It keeps coming back but rather than hurting, it's like a constant ache." Bonnie finished. "Do you think I took an impact to the head at some point while I was unconscious?" Bonnie asked.

Observation Lounge

Lizzie thought for a moment before replying.

"Well given the manner in which we were abducted and managed to escape, I would not be surprised if you managed to hit your head. The best thing for you to do would be to come to Sickbay so I can run a full scan. Then at least I should be able to find the cause. If not, I can give some pain medication and an anti-inflammatory. It's not particularly urgent, but I would not want to leave it too long." She finished. "Oh and you could pop in and see Lt Maddox at the same time as her office is down the corridor." She added as an afterthought.

In Memorium.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2017, 10:15:33 pm »
PO3 Rayek

"Excellent," Rhymus said, leaning back. "I suppose I will just save my guillotine for the next revolution. If that is all, you are dismissed, Petty Officer."

The man turned around back in his chair, picking up his book again.

At the dismissal, Rayek offered a slight nod in acknowledgement before exiting the armory.  A glance at the chronometer on his PADD informed him that he still had a few hours til the end of his shift.  So with no other direct orders from his superior Rayek, headed to Deck 10 to observe the repairs to the damaged tubes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:48:17 pm by Rayek tr’Lhoell »

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Bonnie Moors

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2017, 06:04:12 am »
Observation Lounge

Lizzie thought for a moment before replying.

"Well given the manner in which we were abducted and managed to escape, I would not be surprised if you managed to hit your head. The best thing for you to do would be to come to Sickbay so I can run a full scan. Then at least I should be able to find the cause. If not, I can give some pain medication and an anti-inflammatory. It's not particularly urgent, but I would not want to leave it too long." She finished. "Oh and you could pop in and see Lt Maddox at the same time as her office is down the corridor." She added as an afterthought.

Observation Lounge

Bonnie sighed nodded her head. Sue didn't want to go to sickbay, normally she'd try and avoid being on that side of the table, if she was on the other side she was ok with it but she didnt want to get ill from other people if she could avoid it. "Ok, we can go down now. I have the free time." Bonnie stood up and looked out at the nebula one more time, giving it one last good luck before heading to the sickbay with Lizzie.

Sickbay

Bonnie walked into the sickbay and looked around, noting where all of the sick people where and choosing a spot away from them all. She was happy to do it if she was the doctor, it's what she trained to do after all, but if she wasn't on the doctors side she'd stay away to avoid getting ill.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles