S1E7 Under the Sea

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 29, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 21, 2017, 03:25:02 PM

Constitution Class

Bonnie accepted the tricorder from the man and gave a small smile his way in appreciation. She ran the tricorder over the man and looked at the reply, the man seemed to be stable, she presumed that was down to Dr Vaughan earlier. Bonnie walked over to Rhymus and grimaced at the sight just like she did the other man. She loved her job as a doctor but she'd never enjoyed the sights that came with it. That's probably why she decided to be a GP, she thought.

As she looked around the room of people she noticed the confusion, just like Catrin did. She figured everyone would calm down after they had a purpose, most of the time when she worked in surgery she found that the doctors were most calm when they were working; it was the lead up which always hit the worst and she guessed this applied to Starfleet as well.

Bonnie scanned the room quickly noting everyone in the room and finding doctor Vaughan. Once she had found her she quickly caught up to her and walked beside her.

"I'm at your service for now, commander. Point me where you need me and I will do your bidding." Bonnie finished.

Unknown Constitution Class Ship

Lizzie nodded at Bonnie.

"We're going to see if we can find the Sickbay. Hopefully it will have some power and I will be able to treat what injuries we have. If not, there will at least be beds and equipment I may be able to get working again." She replied, "I think it's somewhere forward of the Bridge on about deck 5 or 6. Though I may be mistaken on that as I've only been on one of these ships once before. Do you have any more accurate information?" She asked the other Doctor.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Corridor]

The Caitian Lieutenants ears were laid back as she stared him down. "He's autistic," she hissed quietly, as if that explained things. Rayek shifted his gaze from her feral glare to the ensign who continued Á¢â,¬Ëœfiring' the Type-1 phaser he held in his hand to no effect.  Rayek had no clue what autistic meant.  The manner in which she said the word suggested it was a descriptive of some sort.  Maybe a species name?  Regardless, the term evidently meant that he was permitted his eccentricities. Fvadt! Fine, he would leave the ensign for the Caitian to deal with.

Rayek glanced back to Caitian and grudgingly nodded and was about to put away his own phaser, when the Autistic spoke.

Quote from: Elijah Aldin on November 22, 2017, 02:21:45 AM

"This is a Constitution Class Starship." he intoned as he glanced around, his mind already working out the next logical steps to take, which involved him going to the computer control room and ensuring that the transporters were still coupled with the duotronic RAM memory circuits.

"The transporters use power from the main computer. It's duotronic. Deck five." Elijah noted to anyone interested... or himself, which he didn't seem to care. "I need your help Petty officer. Just you please, not the Caitian."

Elijah did not await a response. Instead he sidestepped the Romulan to the side where there was no Caitian holding his arm down and started down the corridor.

The young officer's voice was quite flat and monotone Á¢â,¬"œ not at all like most human voices.  It somewhat reminded him of how most Vulcan's attempted to speak, without emotion and only stating the facts.  But the manner in which the ensign spoke, the almost robotic intonation, bothered Rayek.  It was like the man's earlier rocking; Rayek got the impression from it that there was something off about the man.   His expression must have shown that too, because though Rayek attempted to put his firearm away while the man moved past him, his arm was held in place by the Caitian, who watched him expectantly.

Á¢â,¬ËœWhat?' Rayek thought sourly. Then the ensigns oddly intoned words finally filtered through to Rayek's mind.  Oh! He'd been asked to assist by the ensign.  Well, it didn't interfere with his current orders.  Rayek yanked his arm back away from the Caitian to holster his sidearm.   "Yes, sir. I'll meet you there" he responded but the man continued on as if he hadn't heard.

Rayek then looked to the Caitian wondering if the feline would need to be sedated again or if he could trust her to keep calm.  "Ma'am, if you would kindly follow me, I will guide you and the others to the Deck 5 Recreation rooms, while we determine the full status of the ship.  I can rely on you to help keep the civilians in line, yes?"

The Caitian's tail flicked about unhappily but she nodded which was good enough for Rayek. "Alright.  Follow me."

Rayek's long stride, quickly caught up to the ensign, and though his instinct was to take the lead, recent training had him moving to a more supportive position to the ensigns left Á¢â,¬"œ a step behind.

As he walked alongside the other man, Rayek carefully studied the ensign.  Nothing in the man's demeanour seemed upset at Rayek's misunderstanding.  It almost seemed as if the entire incident hadn't happened.  Good, that might mean one less insincere apology to make.

Unfortunately all too soon, the lit section of the corridor came to an end.  At this point Rayek turned on his flashlight again.  "With the power out, we'll need to use the service tubes to get to Deck 5"

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Lek on November 21, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

[Within himself]

Lek flinched as the klaxon sounded and wished he could find some sort of quiet, anywhere, just a place where there were no sounds to hammer at him. However, being a Ferengi, despite being down a dark hole did not prevent his hearing from operating and he heard the gentle sounds of Counselor Maddux. He almost smiled at the pleasant pitch and timbre of her voice as he forced himself to reply.

"I don't know what I am any more Counselor. I believe there is Hyoomon saying about 'end of my rope' that seems to fit how I feel."

Once again the semblance of comfort shattered at the sound of the Captain's voice, which made Lek shiver in almost tangible pain as he was yanked from the sanctuary provided by the Counselor and back into the harsh and unforgiving reality that had become his life.

"Sorry Counselor. No solace for me in this lifetime. Duty screeches."

He grumbled as he lurched to his feet and staggered in the direction of the Captain's call.

"Here sir." Lek replied with virtually no life in his voice.

[Unknown Constitution Class Ship]

Cat jumped up to her feet, and followed after Lek, determined to give Dylan a piece of her mind. It was on the tip of her tongue to berate him for his callous treatment of the traumatized lieutenant, emotions at the forefront. However, she recalled the last time she let her mouth run away from her. Cat had shouted, inappropriately at Captain Lafayette. It had seemed the proper response at the time, but it had caused a rift between them, not to mention the lack of regard for chain of command. Which she promptly received additional training on. She winced visibly, recalling the amount of paperwork involved afterward. At any rate, Lek probably needed someone calm to help him through this crisis, not a loud mouthy ginger shouting at things. She took a breath before addressing Dylan.

"Captain Torngate, if you don't mind, I'd like to go along and assist Lt. Lek. Time permitting, I think we ought to have a chat later, once we make it back to the Challenger and things... Settle down." Her face was bland and diplomatic, but her voice held a tone of censure, something else she had learned from Captain Lafayette. She was displeased, but in times of crisis all hands were needed on deck.

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 22, 2017, 04:41:09 AM

Unknown Constitution Class Ship

Lizzie nodded at Bonnie.

"We're going to see if we can find the Sickbay. Hopefully it will have some power and I will be able to treat what injuries we have. If not, there will at least be beds and equipment I may be able to get working again." She replied, "I think it's somewhere forward of the Bridge on about deck 5 or 6. Though I may be mistaken on that as I've only been on one of these ships once before. Do you have any more accurate information?" She asked the other Doctor.

Constitution Class Ship

Bonnie listened to the woman give information about the ships. She hadn't been on many other ships other than this; this was probably one of the few ships she had ever been on. She shrugged and looked at the doctor. "I've barely been on any ships other than this. I had a look at a few ship classes before I signed up but nothing like this." She paused for a moment, itching the back of her head as she took a moment to think. "I'm sure it'll come with the equipment we need though. I don't see why it wouldn't, even if it's older equipment. It just depends if the power can be started." Bonnie finished.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 22, 2017, 02:32:16 PM

Constitution Class Ship

Bonnie listened to the woman give information about the ships. She hadn't been on many other ships other than this; this was probably one of the few ships she had ever been on. She shrugged and looked at the doctor. "I've barely been on any ships other than this. I had a look at a few ship classes before I signed up but nothing like this." She paused for a moment, itching the back of her head as she took a moment to think. "I'm sure it'll come with the equipment we need though. I don't see why it wouldn't, even if it's older equipment. It just depends if the power can be started." Bonnie finished.

Unknown Ship

Lizzie nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. Now all we need to do is locate where we are, confirm where Sickbay is and then work out how to get there. I have a couple of small power cells in my kit that I use for keeping the tricorders and other equipment working, so it might be possible to use one or both to get a turbolift working. That assumes of course that they are at this deck and are not damaged in any way. If not, then we will have to wait to see if the Captain can get power restored as there is no way we can get Mr Cleroux up one of the access shafts. If we are lucky we are already on the right deck as it's clear we are in the saucer section. So let's just head this way and see f we can find out where we are." Lizzie finished, indicating down the corridor.

In Memorium.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Lek on November 21, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

"Here sir." Lek replied with virtually no life in his voice.

[Constitution Class Ship]

Dylan smiled warmly at the man. He knew something was wrong, but right now duty took a front seat to how someone felt. This was how they had to get out of here.

"Ah, Good. Lek." he said, dropping the "mister" or "ensign" title. He addressed him as stress-free as he could muster.

"Our task is now simple. We need to get to Engineering through the jeffries tubes... which you shouldn't have an issue with, verify structural integrity and pressurize the ship. From there we need to... erm, convince her, to rise to the surface, where we can all go home and get on with the rest of our lives. Any questions?" he asked, making it sound a hellova lot easier than it would be.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on November 21, 2017, 08:37:48 PM

He heard the CO's voice as he awaited her reply.

"Sir." Kyle said as he made his presence known. "I can take the team down if you need to remain on the Bridge." he offered.

"That's a no, Commander. Captain's prerogative." he said, smiling, his eyes alight with curiosity. Was it possible that he was... ENJOYING this? "I'll be taking a small team to Engineering. Get the wounded to Medical, and the rest to the bridge. We're getting off this rock, one way or another. Try and cordon off any areas the hull has failed, make her pressurized.

He turned, and saw an infuriated Ginger directly in his face.

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on November 22, 2017, 11:45:53 AM

[Unknown Constitution Class Ship]

"Captain Torngate, if you don't mind, I'd like to go along and assist Lt. Lek. Time permitting, I think we ought to have a chat later, once we make it back to the Challenger and things... Settle down."

"Ms. Maddux. It's about time we met again." he said, smiling. "And I know what you're thinking. I'm not the Admiral, and we're not dealing with Borg." he said. He left it there. She'd probably get it. He reached into his toolbelt and tossed her a Hyperspanner.

"Sure, welcome aboard," he said, as he gestured to the access to the jeffries tubes.

Here, he began to softly sing to himself under his breath. "We all live in a yellow submarine...."

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Lek

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 22, 2017, 11:40:20 PM

Dylan smiled warmly at the man. He knew something was wrong, but right now duty took a front seat to how someone felt. This was how they had to get out of here.

"Ah, Good. Lek." he said, dropping the "mister" or "ensign" title. He addressed him as stress-free as he could muster.

"Our task is now simple. We need to get to Engineering through the jeffries tubes... which you shouldn't have an issue with, verify structural integrity and pressurize the ship. From there we need to... erm, convince her, to rise to the surface, where we can all go home and get on with the rest of our lives. Any questions?" he asked, making it sound a hellova lot easier than it would be.

"That's a no, Commander. Captain's prerogative." he said, smiling, his eyes alight with curiosity. Was it possible that he was... ENJOYING this? "I'll be taking a small team to Engineering. Get the wounded to Medical, and the rest to the bridge. We're getting off this rock, one way or another. Try and cordon off any areas the hull has failed, make her pressurized.

He turned, and saw an infuriated Ginger directly in his face.

"Ms. Maddux. It's about time we met again." he said, smiling. "And I know what you're thinking. I'm not the Admiral, and we're not dealing with Borg." he said. He left it there. She'd probably get it. He reached into his toolbelt and tossed her a Hyperspanner.

"Sure, welcome aboard," he said, as he gestured to the access to the jeffries tubes.

Here, he began to softly sing to himself under his breath. "We all live in a yellow submarine...."

[Unknown Constitution Class ship]

Lek simply nodded at his orders and waited for the captain to lead off for engineering. When the counselor spoke up and said she would accompany him on the mission, Lek managed a ghost of a smile, but didn't say anything.

Alt of Ian Galloway

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 22, 2017, 11:40:20 PM

"Aye, Sir." was Kyle reply. He looked around and did a quick assessment of who was there.

Torngate, Lek and Maddux were heading to Engineering. Vaughan, Moor and Cleroux to Sickbay. Aldin and Rayek to Deck five. The rest of their teams would join and assist them in their prospective details. He turned to Liv.

"You want to go to the Rec Room and help out there?" he asked, still trying to keep her safe.

After her response, he called out to Mulchano and Donahue. "Come on fellas. Let's get to the Bridge and see what we can get up and running at that end."

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on November 23, 2017, 11:48:18 AM

"Aye, Sir." was Kyle reply. He looked around and did a quick assessment of who was there.

Torngate, Lek and Maddux were heading to Engineering. Vaughan, Moor and Cleroux to Sickbay. Aldin and Rayek to Deck five. The rest of their teams would join and assist them in their prospective details. He turned to Liv.

"You want to go to the Rec Room and help out there?" he asked, still trying to keep her safe.

After her response, he called out to Mulchano and Donahue. "Come on fellas. Let's get to the Bridge and see what we can get up and running at that end."

Liv listened as the Captain replied to Kyle and issued his orders and for her she would be happy to stay with her husband, but when he then turned to her and asked if she wanted to go to the recreation room to help out there, she knew that he still wanted to keep her safe. Looking into his eyes for a moment she realised that despite her wanting to not let him out of her sight, her skills would be put to better use helping with the injured and those who were going to Deck 5.

" Sure I'll go there and help out but please stay safe " she replied kissing him lightly then let go as he then turned to Mulchano and Donahue.

Looking over she saw that Rayek had already left and that Lizzie and Dr Moors were preparing to do the same and hurried after them in order to catch up. " I'm also headed to the Recreation Rooms but if you need any help to get the injured to Sickbay first, I'm yours" she said as she approached Lizzie.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on November 23, 2017, 12:01:36 PM

Liv listened as the Captain replied to Kyle and issued his orders and for her she would be happy to stay with her husband, but when he then turned to her and asked if she wanted to go to the recreation room to help out there, she knew that he still wanted to keep her safe. Looking into his eyes for a moment she realised that despite her wanting to not let him out of her sight, her skills would be put to better use helping with the injured and those who were going to Deck 5.

" Sure I'll go there and help out but please stay safe " she replied kissing him lightly then let go as he then turned to Mulchano and Donahue.

Looking over she saw that Rayek had already left and that Lizzie and Dr Moors were preparing to do the same and hurried after them in order to catch up. " I'm also headed to the Recreation Rooms but if you need any help to get the injured to Sickbay first, I'm yours" she said as she approached Lizzie.

Unknown Ship

Lizzie looked at Olivia and gave her a smile and nod.

"We could use all the the we can get." She replied. "But my main problem is to get Mr Cleroux, who is unable to walk or even move much, up to another deck without a turbolft. Even if we attempted to carry him up one of the access shafts, I'm not shure he would be up to it." She finished.

As she was speaking, they made their way along the corridor towards the bow of the ship. They soon came upon a door in the inside wall. Lizzie turned back to Olivia.

"Let's see if we can get this door open. We might be able to  find out where we are!" She said.

She then went over to the panel beside the door, and using a multi-tool she kept in her kit, she prised the panel off the wall and released the emergency door controls, hoping it was not locked from the inside.

She heard the door release and managed to grip one side, motioning Olivia to take the other.

"On 3 pull?" She asked.

In Memorium.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 23, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

Unknown Ship

Lizzie looked at Olivia and gave her a smile and nod.

"We could use all the the we can get." She replied. "But my main problem is to get Mr Cleroux, who is unable to walk or even move much, up to another deck without a turbolft. Even if we attempted to carry him up one of the access shafts, I'm not shure he would be up to it." She finished.

As she was speaking, they made their way along the corridor towards the bow of the ship. They soon came upon a door in the inside wall. Lizzie turned back to Olivia.

"Let's see if we can get this door open. We might be able to  find out where we are!" She said.

She then went over to the panel beside the door, and using a multi-tool she kept in her kit, she prised the panel off the wall and released the emergency door controls, hoping it was not locked from the inside.

She heard the door release and managed to grip one side, motioning Olivia to take the other.

"On 3 pull?" She asked.

Liv smiled back as Lizzie accepted her offer of help and listened as she explained about the problem they faced in getting Mr Cleroux to Sickbay without causing him any further pain and discomfort. " I understand and hopefully we can find a solution to that problem" she replied as she followed them along the corridor.

When they reached a door on the inside wall and Lizzie turned to her, she nodded when she then suggested that they should try to open it and find out their exact location. She had no problem with that especially with them being on an unknown ship and their combined need to get out of this and return to the Challenger.

Watching as she went over to the panel and managed to prise it off the wall, hearing the audible hiss as she released the emergency door controls. Then quickly going over as Lizzie gripped one side and motioned for Liv to get the other side.

" Yes on 3 " she said as she gripped the other side then began the countdown " 3,2,1 pull " she exclaimed and used all of her strength to pull.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on November 23, 2017, 12:37:58 PM

Liv smiled back as Lizzie accepted her offer of help and listened as she explained about the problem they faced in getting Mr Cleroux to Sickbay without causing him any further pain and discomfort. " I understand and hopefully we can find a solution to that problem" she replied as she followed them along the corridor.

When they reached a door on the inside wall and Lizzie turned to her, she nodded when she then suggested that they should try to open it and find out their exact location. She had no problem with that especially with them being on an unknown ship and their combined need to get out of this and return to the Challenger.

Watching as she went over to the panel and managed to prise it off the wall, hearing the audible hiss as she released the emergency door controls. Then quickly going over as Lizzie gripped one side and motioned for Liv to get the other side.

" Yes on 3 " she said as she gripped the other side then began the countdown " 3,2,1 pull " she exclaimed and used all of her strength to pull.

Unknown Ship

On Olivia's count, they both pulled the door open and looked into the room, shining her torch wherever she looked. It was quite large, with tables and chairs to one side and comfy seating to the other. Towards the back on the left side was a bar area.

"Looks like a lounge area. Probably a crewman's lounge, given the size. Nothing here we appear to able to use. Let's continue on." She finished.

Taking the lead again, she headed further down the corridor until she came to a junction with a corridor leading away from the outside of the ship. They came to another set of doors. This time ones that Lizzie recognised.

"This is one of the turbolifts. If the lift is in place, we may be able to get it moving. If not, we may have to climb." She gave a grimace as she looked around and saw a number on the opposite wall.

"Well it looks like we are on deck 3. That means we will have to go down at least 2 decks to reach Sickbay. Let's see if we can prise the door open." She said, addressing the hole group.

In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Constitution-class ship]

Rayek continued to follow the ensign, shining his flashlight along the corridor.  As they approached doorways, Rayek would read the nameplate beside the door.  The first read Crewman's Lounge and the doors were pried open.   A little further along the corridor they came to a junction.  Rayek could make out the voices of Dr. Moors and Dr. Vaughan to the right towards where the turbolift was situated.

"Dr. Vaughan might need assistance with transporting the injured down to Level 5.  We should assist." Rayek stated to the group of uninjured that followed behind him as he turned right toward the voices.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 24, 2017, 01:02:52 AM

PO3 Rayek
[Submerged Constitution-class ship]

Rayek continued to follow the ensign, shining his flashlight along the corridor.  As they approached doorways, Rayek would read the nameplate beside the door.  The first read Crewman's Lounge and the doors were pried open.   A little further along the corridor they came to a junction.  Rayek could make out the voices of Dr. Moors and Dr. Vaughan to the right towards where the turbolift was situated.

"Dr. Vaughan might need assistance with transporting the injured down to Level 5.  We should assist." Rayek stated to the group of uninjured that followed behind him as he turned right toward the voices.

"No." Elijah replied with a sort of nervous laugh, as though the question were comical, or that his answer ought to have been expected.  He squinted as he peered down the corridor ahead, which was dimly lit by their flashlights. "I hope that the transtators that feed into the transporters are still working. But if they aren't, we can get some from somewhere else.. like the phasers or... the... communications array."

He continued down the corridor another fifty feet or so. "I've never met a Romulan before." he noted matter of factly, keeping his focus on the corridor before them. "I don't think there are very many Romulans in Starfleet."

Finally the young scientist stopped in his tracks and turned around. His eyes flitted from Rayek to several other places immediately behind the Romulan enlisted man. "This is it. Main Computer control." he called out quickly. The... doors are not working." he noted evenly. "We need to get in there. Can you get them open?

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Lek on November 23, 2017, 11:00:18 AM

[Unknown Constitution Class ship]

Lek simply nodded at his orders and waited for the captain to lead off for engineering. When the counselor spoke up and said she would accompany him on the mission, Lek managed a ghost of a smile, but didn't say anything.

Dylan grimaced as he saw the lack of a look on the man's face. "Buck up, Lieutenant. We're going to get out of here," he said, trying to get the man feel better. "Allons-y..." he muttered to himself, as he found a jeffries tube that went downward and hauled himself inside, slip-sliding down the ramp. If they were on deck Three, and needed to get to deck Sixteen. It was a rather long trip, but not too bad as the ship was pretty small.

[Minutes Later]

Dylan groaned as he climbed out of deck sixteen. The lower in the ship they'd went, the more humid and wet it'd gotten. It appeared the shuttlebay was completely compromised, and other microleaks in the hull had begun slowly filling the ship from the bottom up. Regardless, they'd made it, so he ignored the musty and probably moldy smell he was smelling.

He got to the door of the Engine room, and began working to pry the door open. "Well, we've made it..." he said, looking back at the two who'd followed. "Shall we?"

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.