S1E7 Under the Sea

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 29, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 19, 2017, 11:30:44 PM

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

"Unfortunately, yes ma'am - my count has us down two station staff.  Dr. Maddux was an unexpected transport."  Rayek checked his tricorder.  "All remaining life-signs are in pairs and making their way here. But I am unable to tell crew from station staff.  And we lost someone on the Upper Level where you transported Petty Officer Cleroux from.  Has Dr. Moors indicated who died?"

Shuttle Resnik

Lizzie shook her head.

"No. She simply asked for transport of 3 people. I advised I could only do 2. She requested I transport Lek and Rhymus. But when I activated the transporter only Rhymus arrived. I'm not sure what happened. She has not got back to us yet." She replied.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

Rayek considered the doctors comment.  To his recollection, Lek's unique Ferengi life-sign had been in Engineering when the tremor initially hit.  The life-sign had been human.  Rayek was rather certain of that.

Looking at the tricorder now.  The Ferengi life-sign was just about to emerge from the turbolift shaft along with a human life-sign.

"She should be arriving shortly assuming she is still with Lt. Lek." he commented.

Rayek tapped his comm.  =/\= Rayek to Dr. Moors. =/\=

He awaited her acknowledgement before continuing.  =/\= Dr. Moors.  You were on the upper levels with Petty Officer Cleroux - correct? Who else was up there with you? =/\=

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 19, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

[Station]

Dylan frowned as the man left. "Ensign." he snapped off, sounding surprisingly forceful in his words. "I asked you a question, and you were not dismissed. Do I need to repeat myself?" he asked. What was this guy's problem... he thought, as he looked at the man.
He walked back up behind the man.

There he stood, glowering at the man, any trace of humor gone from his face. Somewhere else on the station, another part of the hull failed. If they didn't surface soon, the station would be lost entirely, with anyone onboard. Property was no longer an option to bring. Someone's incompetence had very nearly cost the crew their research. He listened for any sounds of water nearby, and heard some in the distance, uncomfortably close, all things considered.

As the captain called after him, Elijah was running calculations in his head. Thirty five steps back to quarters. eleven point one four seconds at a jog... one hundred eighty steps per minute. Five seconds for the doors to open, and himself to step in and grab his bag, which was already packed in anticipation of his leaving the station, and then to step back into the corridor.  The shuttle bay was eighty seven steps from his quarters. Twenty five seconds at a jog. Less if they sprinted, which was the more likely scenario.

In addition to the math, he was also considering his actions. The Captain wasn't happy about him leaving without being dismissed, which was important. It was not so important however, that he was able to place it above his desire to recover his bag, which contained all his possessions. In addition to which, even though the station was going to lose structural integrity, it wasn't going to do so in the time it would take him to grab his bag and for them to return to the shuttlebay and board a shuttle. That was, if Torngate wasn't long winded in his admonishment. Elijah decided to suggest they do that en route to the shuttlebay.

The doors opened. One second. He stepped in and grabbed his bag, slinging the small Starfleet emblazoned duffel over his shoulder and stepping back out into the corridor, where Captain Torngate was waiting, blocking his path.

"I did not mean to offend you." said quickly. "Buuut this conversation will take at least ten seconds because you speak slowly and use a lot of words." He focused his gaze on the corridor behind Torngate. as he rocked subtly on the balls of his feet. "If you can admonish me while we run to the shuttlebay that would be better."

Bonnie Moors

Quote from: Lek on November 19, 2017, 09:11:46 PM

"Just who in the south side of Indigion Prime do you think you are talking to? I am Starfleet and I would never abandon a shipmate! I may not like Rhymus much, but I'd stand by him at the cost of my life! Don't you dare question my loyalty again Doctor! Now you get to your shuttle and I will get to mine and when we get back to the Challenger, I suggest you not talk to me for awhile Hyoomon. Now get moving!"

Lek began jogging along side Moors until they reached the docking ports and split off to their own shuttle. Lek dropped into his seat next to Ensign Oveur, who took one look at Lek's expression and whatever he was going to say died as he saw how angry the Ferengi appeared to be. Lek strapped in and angrily went through his checklist making sure the shuttlepod was fully sealed with both the shields and structural integrity field was at full power.

Station - Turbolift

Bonnie simply nodded at the man as a reply and maintained her frown from earlier. The Ferengi seemed to have a problem with everyone, everything. Maybe it was just Bonnie herself, she wan't sure, but she'd certainly pressed a button after what she said. She guessed it probably was her fault, everything was usually her fault. She stayed silent, continuing to go up the ladders before finally reaching the shuttle bay and climbing up.

Station - Shuttlebay

Bonnie jogged beside Lek until she was hailed by Rayek, as the hail closed, Bonnie had made it to their shuttle, she entered and quickly found Rayek.

Resnik

Bonnie turned towards Rayek and offered him a nod. She couldn't help but feel discomfort around him, but this wasn't the time to be thinking about that, she thought. "I was on the upper floors, Rayek." She paused for a moment, recalling the name of the man and continuing. "The man's name was McIlroy, Lieutenant James McIlroy." With that, Bonnie turned around moved over to Lizzie. She looked down at the man and winced, the man's condition was critical. She hadn't seen a patient like this in years. She took a few seconds to breathe, everything had been happening so fast and her heart felt like it was out of her chest, after a few seconds, she looked back down. "It looks like you have your hands full, doctor. Can I help you at all?" Bonnie asked.

Click on my Sig to read my bio!

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

Dr. Moors didn't answer his question immediately over the comm but he did note her appearance in the shuttle bay heading directly towards the Resnik.

Quote from: Bonnie Moors on November 20, 2017, 11:59:32 AM

Station - Shuttlebay

Bonnie jogged beside Lek until she was hailed by Rayek, as the hail closed, Bonnie had made it to their shuttle, she entered and quickly found Rayek.

Resnik

Bonnie turned towards Rayek and offered him a nod. She couldn't help but feel discomfort around him, but this wasn't the time to be thinking about that, she thought. "I was on the upper floors, Rayek." She paused for a moment, recalling the name of the man and continuing. "The man's name was McIlroy, Lieutenant James McIlroy." With that, Bonnie turned around moved over to Lizzie. She looked down at the man and winced, the man's condition was critical. She hadn't seen a patient like this in years. She took a few seconds to breathe, everything had been happening so fast and her heart felt like it was out of her chest, after a few seconds, she looked back down. "It looks like you have your hands full, doctor. Can I help you at all?" Bonnie asked.

Rayek was quite aware of Miss Moors discomfort as she supplied him with a name, her body language was difficult to miss as timid as it was. Perhaps the Dr. Vaughan would attribute it to the near life and death experience the woman just went through.

Rayek nodded professionally in acknowledgment of Dr. Moors information, and adjusted the station staff tally.  There was still one person not accounted for, but a count of all life-signs on the station added up and showed none that were alone - which suggested one of the Challenger crew had found the last station staff.

Rayek turned to Dr. Vaughan. "There is still one station staff not yet aboard, though they appear to be with one of the Challenger crew, ma'am"

Olivia Briggs

[Shuttle Scobee]

Unable to pace any longer, Liv now stood near the shuttle's exit, her hands wrapped tightly around her arms as she watched for any sign of her husband. From her vantage point she saw the majority of the Challenger crew return with those they had rescued from the station, taking in everything she saw and with the time frame they had been given to evacuate knew she wouldn't be dishing out any of the food until they returned to the ship.

Of course her outward appearance belied what was going on inside her mind as she worried about Kyle and if he was okay which was only natural especially with what they had gone through lately and having to stop herself from rushing out to find him. Then she spotted the other members of Gemini and prayed that Kyle was behind them. " Come on Kyle where are you " she said quietly as she remained in the same spot.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Elijah Aldin on November 20, 2017, 12:34:24 AM

As the captain called after him, Elijah was running calculations in his head. Thirty five steps back to quarters. eleven point one four seconds at a jog... one hundred eighty steps per minute. Five seconds for the doors to open, and himself to step in and grab his bag, which was already packed in anticipation of his leaving the station, and then to step back into the corridor.  The shuttle bay was eighty seven steps from his quarters. Twenty five seconds at a jog. Less if they sprinted, which was the more likely scenario.

In addition to the math, he was also considering his actions. The Captain wasn't happy about him leaving without being dismissed, which was important. It was not so important however, that he was able to place it above his desire to recover his bag, which contained all his possessions. In addition to which, even though the station was going to lose structural integrity, it wasn't going to do so in the time it would take him to grab his bag and for them to return to the shuttlebay and board a shuttle. That was, if Torngate wasn't long winded in his admonishment. Elijah decided to suggest they do that en route to the shuttlebay.

The doors opened. One second. He stepped in and grabbed his bag, slinging the small Starfleet emblazoned duffel over his shoulder and stepping back out into the corridor, where Captain Torngate was waiting, blocking his path.

"I did not mean to offend you." said quickly. "Buuut this conversation will take at least ten seconds because you speak slowly and use a lot of words." He focused his gaze on the corridor behind Torngate. as he rocked subtly on the balls of his feet. "If you can admonish me while we run to the shuttlebay that would be better."

They never made it to the shuttles.

As Dylan, now growing red in the face as he was blown off, followed the man. He didn't know the man, and frankly, he didn't care. The man was a starfleet officer, and that came with certain responsibilities and discipline. It also meant that it didn't matter to snot what that person was or his story. Starfleet ran on discipline, respect, and order. In some ways, that was a weakness. In others, a bonus.

"ENSIGN." he exclaimed, his voice stony and cold. Just one word. Two Syllables. And yet, it conveyed all the contempt and anger he felt for being blown off. Even as an Ensign himself, the chain of command had been important. Only under extreme stress, sleep deprivation, and pressure had he snapped. And this man didn't look like he was suffering from the same pressure.

He was in front of the quarters, and looked, nay, glared, at the man. "Ensign," he said, slowly, deliberately, and almost intentionally so, "The two of us will be having words when we return to the Challenger. Do I make myself understood?" he asked, and only after he got a reply would he move.

He never got the chance.

As the transporter cycle, or something else, finished, debris fell, which shifted the precious balance of literally everything on the station. The station's engines failed, groaning as the station failed to descend, sinking, quickly, end over end, grav plating trying and failing to keep up against the natural gravity.

The station began to implode, slowly, as Dylan fought his way to a computer terminal, bringing up the transporter. =/\= All shuttles, abandon station! Get back to the Challenger! Don't wait! =/\= he called.

He tried to reach the transporter, and beam all remaining lifesigns to the shuttlecraft, But he accidentally snared all life signs within range. Using the last of the station's power, diverted from shields, he selected the largest metal signature in range and hit engage.

The cycle started, and all Dylan did was hold his breath.

Unfortunately, he didn't see the last words that flashed on screen.

Cycle Complete- all life signs transported

[Unknown- Depth Unknown]

Dylan appeared, and realized his mistake. Surrounding him was literally everyone else on the away team... he'd made a big mistake.

"Oh... crap..." he said, thinking to himself. "What mess have I done now..."

He looked out of a porthole... and saw the bottom of the ocean, and a ship design he didn't recognize. Oh, Crap, indeed.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

Rayek was awaiting Dr. Vaughan's reply when he felt the unexpected transport beam encompass him.

[Unknown Location]

At rematerializing, Rayek realized right away that he hadn't been beamed up by the Challenger; instead, he found himself in almost complete darkness.   He wasn't alone however he could make out several shapes moving in the dark around him and startled voices could be heard all around. Rayek's first thought was more a grimace. Á¢â,¬ËœNot again.'

But Rayek didn't let his attitude remain sour long.  This was yet another opportunity to prove himself.   Given the entirely new circumstance it was likely the teams would be given new orders, but until then, Rayek supposed it he had best ensure the safe keeping of the station staff.  Starfleet always put the welfare of others first.

To do that he needed to secure their current location.  But where in Areinnye were they?  Light would help answer that.  Rayek felt at his belt for a flashlight. He almost laughed at finding it exactly where he'd put it when preparing for the away mission.

Rayek click it on and swept the beam of light around, taking note of his surroundings.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on November 20, 2017, 10:57:05 PM

The station began to implode, slowly, as Dylan fought his way to a computer terminal, bringing up the transporter. =/\= All shuttles, abandon station! Get back to the Challenger! Don't wait! =/\= he called.

Cycle Complete- all life signs transported

[Unknown- Depth Unknown]

Dylan appeared, and realized his mistake. Surrounding him was literally everyone else on the away team... he'd made a big mistake.

"Oh... crap..." he said, thinking to himself. "What mess have I done now..."

He looked out of a porthole... and saw the bottom of the ocean, and a ship design he didn't recognize. Oh, Crap, indeed.

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 21, 2017, 12:45:47 AM

PO3 Rayek
[Shuttle Resnik]

Rayek was awaiting Dr. Vaughan's reply when he felt the unexpected transport beam encompass him.

[Unknown Location]

At rematerializing, Rayek realized right away that he hadn't been beamed up by the Challenger; instead, he found himself in almost complete darkness.   He wasn't alone however he could make out several shapes moving in the dark around him and startled voices could be heard all around. Rayek's first thought was more a grimace. Á¢â,¬ËœNot again.'

But Rayek didn't let his attitude remain sour long.  This was yet another opportunity to prove himself.   Given the entirely new circumstance it was likely the teams would be given new orders, but until then, Rayek supposed it he had best ensure the safe keeping of the station staff.  Starfleet always put the welfare of others first.

To do that he needed to secure their current location.  But where in Areinnye were they?  Light would help answer that.  Rayek felt at his belt for a flashlight. He almost laughed at finding it exactly where he'd put it when preparing for the away mission.

Rayek click it on and swept the beam of light around, taking note of his surroundings.

Lizzie had been about to reply to Rayek when she felt the familiar feeling of a transported engaged. When the cycle ended, they were in darkness. Suddenly a light came on. It was Rayek.

"Report?" She asked, as she felt about her.

She had her medical kit on her shoulder so she pulled out the torch and switched it on.

In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Unknown Location]

Rayek turned his light towards the doctor's voice, aiming it more towards her chest than in her face.  Her expectation of a report seemed rather ridiculous at the moment, but he answered it with what he knew so far.

"We have been teleported."
  Rayek stated the obvious.  He moved the light around in a slow circle - his beam hitting faces both near and far, both familiar and unfamiliar.  "If I had to guess, I would say the entire station was emergency beamed to some yet unknown location."

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 21, 2017, 01:40:36 AM

PO3 Rayek
[Unknown Location]

Rayek turned his light towards the doctor's voice, aiming it more towards her chest than in her face.  Her expectation of a report seemed rather ridiculous at the moment, but he answered it with what he knew so far.

"We have been teleported."
  Rayek stated the obvious.  He moved the light around in a slow circle - his beam hitting faces both near and far, both familiar and unfamiliar.  "If I had to guess, I would say the entire station was emergency beamed to some yet unknown location."

Unknown Location

Lizzie nodded.

"That's what I figured. Let's have a look around." She removed on her spare tricorders from her bag and handed it to him.

"Take this, I assume you can use it? If you find anyone, scan them and if they are in need of medical attention call for me." She ordered, removing the tricorder from her kit and began to check around.

In Memorium.

Rayek trLhoell

PO3 Rayek
[Unknown Location]

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 21, 2017, 01:50:15 AM

Unknown Location

Lizzie nodded.

"That's what I figured. Let's have a look around." She removed on her spare tricorders from her bag and handed it to him.

"Take this, I assume you can use it? If you find anyone, scan them and if they are in need of medical attention call for me." She ordered, removing the tricorder from her kit and began to check around.

Rayek was about to wave off the doctor's tricorder.  When he noted the medical symbol on its case.  Ah, a medical tricorder not just a standard tricorder like the one he carried.  No doubt the equipment would better off in the hands of medical doctor, but Rayek had learned by now not to argue with Dr. Vaughan. "Yes, ma'am," he answered as he accepted the tricorder.

Yet the minute Dr. Vaughan's back was turned scanning people, Rayek turned towards Dr. Moors and Dr. Maddux and silently offered out the medical tricorder towards either one of them.  This way they could assist the injured - and do it better than he ever could, while he could get to his actual duty of making sure this place was secure.  With Petty Officer Cleroux down, that left him as the only Security officer available.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on November 21, 2017, 02:13:37 AM

PO3 Rayek
[Unknown Location]

Rayek was about to wave off the doctor's tricorder.  When he noted the medical symbol on its case.  Ah, a medical tricorder not just a standard tricorder like the one he carried.  No doubt the equipment would better off in the hands of medical doctor, but Rayek had learned by now not to argue with Dr. Vaughan. "Yes, ma'am," he answered as he accepted the tricorder.

Yet the minute Dr. Vaughan's back was turned scanning people, Rayek turned towards Dr. Moors and Dr. Maddux and silently offered out the medical tricorder towards either one of them.  This way they could assist the injured - and do it better than he ever could, while he could get to his actual duty of making sure this place was secure.  With Petty Officer Cleroux down, that left him as the only Security officer available.

Unknown Location

As Lizzie looked around her, she saw Cleroux laying on the floor with one of the Techs by his side, before she went over to them she saw Rayek try to hand the medical tricorder to ether Bonnie or Cat. Shaking her head slightly, she knelt down beside the Tech.

"How is he doing?" She asked.

"He is stable for the moment Doctor." The Tech replied. "I've given him something for the pain and to help him sleep. but we need to get him to a proper treatment facility soon otherwise either his wounds will get infected or his body will just give up. It is only by pure luck that none of his ribs punctured one of his lungs."

Lizzie nodded.

"Right, stay with him. If he starts getting worse, call me. Do you have any idea where we are?"

"None." She replied. "Luckily I was next to Rhymus when were were transported so I could monitor him." The Tech finished.

"Keep me updated." Lizzie said, getting up and before continuing she tapped her com-badge.

=/\= Vaughan to Captain. Myself, Mr Rayek, Mr Cleroux, Doctor Moors and Doctor Maddux have apparently been transported. Please can you confirm that you arrived too? =/\=

In Memorium.

Lek

[Shuttlepod Chaffee]

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Lek shouted as felt the transporter beam form, but it was too late to do anything about it before he and Ensign Oveur materialized in a dark open space.

For Lek, it was just too much. He sat down hugging his legs, rocking back and forth, overwhelmed by too much adversity in too short a period of time.

Alt of Ian Galloway

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on November 21, 2017, 02:35:43 AM

Unknown Location

=/\= Vaughan to Captain. Myself, Mr Rayek, Mr Cleroux, Doctor Moors and Doctor Maddux have apparently been transported. Please can you confirm that you arrived too? =/\=

[Unknown]

Dylan turned around as he heard the Doctor, and then seconds later, heard the same conversation through his commbadges.

Compared to recent circumstances, this wasn't all that bad. All the tech they had on them was here, and their comms worked. So he turned around, finding in his toolbelt- now glad he brought it, a tricorder and flashlight.

He snapped on the light, holding his wrist up as he viewed the area.

"No need to call, Doctor. I'm here." he said, smiling grimly. "Wherever here is."

The tech looked old, for sure, but it looked like they were in an engine room of sorts. "Everyone ok?"

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.