News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S1E7 Under the Sea

Started by Dylan Torngate, October 29, 2017, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on October 30, 2017, 02:47:49 PM

[Sickbay]

Liv didn't have to wait very long before one of the medical personnel walked into the room and seeing the pips on the teal clad officer knew that it was no doubt the CMO herself. Smiling politely when she was greeted by name followed by her asking about Elijah, realising that they must of received their medical files.

" Yes that's me and yes this Elijah" she replied " A shuttle just dropped us off and I thought to come here first before doing anything else".

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded.

"That's good, best to get this out the way. Welcome aboard. If you'll take a seat on the bed here, I'll get you both looked at." Lizzie said with a smile, indicating the left hand of the four beds along one wall.

While she waited for them to sit, she picked up a PADD to confirm if either Mother or child needed anything. It looked like Elijah's shots were all up to date, so it was just a standard joining medical.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 30, 2017, 03:12:53 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded.

"That's good, best to get this out the way. Welcome aboard. If you'll take a seat on the bed here, I'll get you both looked at." Lizzie said with a smile, indicating the left hand of the four beds along one wall.

While she waited for them to sit, she picked up a PADD to confirm if either Mother or child needed anything. It looked like Elijah's shots were all up to date, so it was just a standard joining medical.

[Sickbay]

" I agree especially with it being a new ship and thank you its good to finally be here " she replied before they were asked to take a seat on one of the beds and sat down on the first bed that she came too and lifted Elijah onto her knee where he continued to play with his stuffed animal.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on October 30, 2017, 03:27:28 PM

[Sickbay]

" I agree especially with it being a new ship and thank you its good to finally be here " she replied before they were asked to take a seat on one of the beds and sat down on the first bed that she came too and lifted Elijah onto her knee where he continued to play with his stuffed animal.

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded and began to scan first Olivia, then Elijah. Both appeared to be healthy.

"So how old is this young man?" She asked Olivia, indicating Elijah. Knowing she could look it up but preferred to talk instead. Plus, having another young Mother on board could be quite helpful. "I've got a daughter you see. She's only 4 months old so I have to leave her with a nanny. Thankfully the wife of one of the enlisted is a registered nanny so she she's been taking care of Alys for me for the last few weeks. Before that, I had to bring her  here, she slept in my office." She finished. She knew she was rambling but she loved talking about her daughter,

In Memorium.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 30, 2017, 05:29:31 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded and began to scan first Olivia, then Elijah. Both appeared to be healthy.

"So how old is this young man?" She asked Olivia, indicating Elijah. Knowing she could look it up but preferred to talk instead. Plus, having another young Mother on board could be quite helpful. "I've got a daughter you see. She's only 4 months old so I have to leave her with a nanny. Thankfully the wife of one of the enlisted is a registered nanny so she she's been taking care of Alys for me for the last few weeks. Before that, I had to bring her  here, she slept in my office." She finished. She knew she was rambling but she loved talking about her daughter,

[Sickbay]

Liv sat as still as possible whilst her and Elijah were scanned but that was proving to be difficult until she took Elijah off her lap and sat him on the bed beside her so he had more room. When asked how old her and Kyle's little boy was she smiled as the CMO then went on to talk about her daughter Alys and could tell that she had met someone with the same amount of pride and love for their little one as she too never grew tired talking about her son.

She also understood how much it meant to have someone reliable to look after them when it came to work something she had found with her last two sitters including the more recent daycare worked Jeessa who Elijah loved and how she would have to organise childcare once more.

" He's 9 months old and we'll have to them meet sometime " she replied " As for childcare I can relate to that we've had a couple of fantastic people look after Elijah when we returned to the Fleet and I'm hoping to do the same here with the ship's daycare ".

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on October 30, 2017, 05:46:03 PM

[Sickbay]

Liv sat as still as possible whilst her and Elijah were scanned but that was proving to be difficult until she took Elijah off her lap and sat him on the bed beside her so he had more room. When asked how old her and Kyle's little boy was she smiled as the CMO then went on to talk about her daughter Alys and could tell that she had met someone with the same amount of pride and love for their little one as she too never grew tired talking about her son.

She also understood how much it meant to have someone reliable to look after them when it came to work something she had found with her last two sitters including the more recent daycare worked Jeessa who Elijah loved and how she would have to organise childcare once more.

" He's 9 months old and we'll have to them meet sometime " she replied " As for childcare I can relate to that we've had a couple of fantastic people look after Elijah when we returned to the Fleet and I'm hoping to do the same here with the ship's daycare ".

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled again as she finished Olivia's scan and went to Elijah's.

"Unfortunately this ship does not have a nursery or organised daycare. There are simply not enough children on board of the right age. There is a small school that teaches the 12 or so children of school age. Until you arrived, there was only one other pre-school child on the ship. I did speak to his mother about sharing child care but she did not appear interested. I will however, if you are interested, speak to Alex Munroe for you. She is the woman who takes care of Alys for me. I'm sure she would be happy to watch Elijah for you too." Lizzie finished.

While she had been speaking, she had finished the scan and uploaded the data. She then picked up the PADD to manually update the records too.

In Memorium.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 30, 2017, 05:55:54 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled again as she finished Olivia's scan and went to Elijah's.

"Unfortunately this ship does not have a nursery or organised daycare. There are simply not enough children on board of the right age. There is a small school that teaches the 12 or so children of school age. Until you arrived, there was only one other pre-school child on the ship. I did speak to his mother about sharing child care but she did not appear interested. I will however, if you are interested, speak to Alex Munroe for you. She is the woman who takes care of Alys for me. I'm sure she would be happy to watch Elijah for you too." Lizzie finished.

While she had been speaking, she had finished the scan and uploaded the data. She then picked up the PADD to manually update the records too.

[Sickbay]

Liv had hoped it would be straightforward to sort out daycare for her son but as Lizzie moved onto scanning Elijah and told her that there wasn't any of those facilities due to not having the numbers to run it she wasn't sure what she was going to do although it was good to know that there was a school for when he reached that age.

Then just when she thought she had no choice but to cut back her hours, Lizzie then spoke about the other mother who hadn't been interested in sharing childcare and that if Liv was interested would be speak to the nanny who looked after her daughter.

" I understand and thank you for updating me about the facilities " she replied " As for being interested in having Alex look after Elijah that would be good if you can speak to her for me ".

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on October 30, 2017, 06:11:08 PM

[Sickbay]

Liv had hoped it would be straightforward to sort out daycare for her son but as Lizzie moved onto scanning Elijah and told her that there wasn't any of those facilities due to not having the numbers to run it she wasn't sure what she was going to do although it was good to know that there was a school for when he reached that age.

Then just when she thought she had no choice but to cut back her hours, Lizzie then spoke about the other mother who hadn't been interested in sharing childcare and that if Liv was interested would be speak to the nanny who looked after her daughter.

" I understand and thank you for updating me about the facilities " she replied " As for being interested in having Alex look after Elijah that would be good if you can speak to her for me ".

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded ans she finished updating the records.

"I'll do that today for you. Well that's you both done. You are both the picture of health so baring any problems I shouldn't need to see you in a professional capacity until it is time for this little one's next set of boosters. They are due around his 1st birthday." She paused. "Is is alright if I give Elijah a treat for being a good boy today?" She asked. Knowing that more than a few mothers could get funny if their children were offered sweets without their permission.

In Memorium.

Kyle Briggs

[Dylan's Quarters]

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on October 30, 2017, 11:42:53 AM

Dylan looked as the man walked in, obviously uncomfortable. good, thought Dylan. He needed to get a feel for this man, if he was going to be Dylan's new XO. Important parts of that job was that he kept his cool under different circumstances, but Dylan also wanted to know what the man's real personality was. It didn't escape his notice that the man seemed... intimidated, or scared. Perhaps nervous like a cadet before review.

Nevermind the fact that the man was older than him by over half a decade, Dylan knew the man's service record. 28 years from Commissioning to the Center Chair, and then had abruptly left the service, only to be reactivated. It seemed the man had his eyes on command roles again, and Dylan had some reservations about that.

"You may ask," he said, his tone carefree, as he asked the question, standing up and looking at the man. "Tell me, Mister Briggs, Why are you here?"

Kyle released an inner smile. You may ask. he thought to himself. He could already tell it was gonna be fun with this kid. For some reason, people always got the impression that this was Kyle's first rodeo. And this guy wasn't any different. Maybe it was the way he was sitting. Straight up and forward so that he could pay attention to the man and his words. But that was something Kyle did out of respect for the rank and position. He decided to relax a bit and sit back in the chair with his posture still straight.

"Other than the obvious, Sir? You called me." he replied. "Or do you mean, here? On the Challenger?" Kyle took a breathe and continued. "If you mean the second, I was offered the position from higher up. I've been an XO before and you apparently needed one and I guess they wanted someone with command experience. Other than that? You'd have to ask the Brass. Sir." he added.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 30, 2017, 06:25:35 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie nodded ans she finished updating the records.

"I'll do that today for you. Well that's you both done. You are both the picture of health so baring any problems I shouldn't need to see you in a professional capacity until it is time for this little one's next set of boosters. They are due around his 1st birthday." She paused. "Is is alright if I give Elijah a treat for being a good boy today?" She asked. Knowing that more than a few mothers could get funny if their children were offered sweets without their permission.

[Sickbay]

Liv smiled and listened as Lizzie said she would speak to Alex today and told them that they were done and was glad to hear that they were both a picture of health as it was something she made sure of despite the family's hectic schedule. It was also good to know that unless there were any problems that they didn't have to return to Sickbay until Elijah was due for his boosters around his first birthday.

Then when she asked if she could give Elijah a treat for being a good boy she had no problem with that. " Thank you again and we'll see you when its time for his boosters " she replied " as for giving Elijah a treat I'm sure he would love one".

Rhymus Cleroux

Quote from: Rayek tr'Lhoell on October 30, 2017, 03:04:34 PM

PO3 Rayek
[Deck 9 Á¢â,¬"œ Armory]

Rayek regarded the ranking Petty Officer for a moment glancing towards the pile of reports with a hint of distain.  In the Empire Star Navy it was almost unheard of to have an officer to take a break prior to having his daily tasks completed, with your every move watched, officers needed to show they were of value to the Empire.

"Yes, sir.  I do." Rayek lifted the PADD he held in hand and quickly tapped its screen to open a file. "Weekly torpedo inventory Á¢â,¬"œ visual counts match those on file. The report requires signature of the duty officer in charge." With a swipe he sent the file to Cleroux's PADD for signature.  Rayek waited.

Rhymus took the PADD, skimming through the report. The Fore torpedo bays had taken significant damage when Science tried to launch a probe out of one of the tubes. The resulting catastrophe had set fire to the bay, and worse still rendered both tubes inoperable. Such action had made sure Challenger had no fore weapons for the duration of that little adventure and possibly the next. They were lucky no enemy ships had found them, or else none of them would be here to complain about it today.

He signed off the report, grumbling to himself. Stupid mistakes. As he handed the PADD back, he turned his attention to one of the newer members of Challenger's crew. A Romulan.

"Crewman, how's settling in been for you? Any problems to be made aware of?"

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on October 30, 2017, 06:50:16 PM

[Sickbay]

Liv smiled and listened as Lizzie said she would speak to Alex today and told them that they were done and was glad to hear that they were both a picture of health as it was something she made sure of despite the family's hectic schedule. It was also good to know that unless there were any problems that they didn't have to return to Sickbay until Elijah was due for his boosters around his first birthday.

Then when she asked if she could give Elijah a treat for being a good boy she had no problem with that. " Thank you again and we'll see you when its time for his boosters " she replied " as for giving Elijah a treat I'm sure he would love one".

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled and went over to a shelf where she kept a dish of sweets. Picking it up, she went back to the bed and kneeled down beside Elijah.

"Since you have been such a good boy today Elijah, would you like a sweetie?" She asked, holding the dish out so it was within the little boys reach.

In Memorium.

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on October 30, 2017, 06:48:16 PM

[Dylan's Quarters]

Kyle released an inner smile. You may ask. he thought to himself. He could already tell it was gonna be fun with this kid. For some reason, people always got the impression that this was Kyle's first rodeo. And this guy wasn't any different. Maybe it was the way he was sitting. Straight up and forward so that he could pay attention to the man and his words. But that was something Kyle did out of respect for the rank and position. He decided to relax a bit and sit back in the chair with his posture still straight.

"Other than the obvious, Sir? You called me." he replied. "Or do you mean, here? On the Challenger?" Kyle took a breathe and continued. "If you mean the second, I was offered the position from higher up. I've been an XO before and you apparently needed one and I guess they wanted someone with command experience. Other than that? You'd have to ask the Brass. Sir." he added.

[Quarters]

Dylan listened and looked on as the man answered. The man had him on experience, but Dylan still wasn't convinced. "Yes, I'm aware you've been an XO before. "2387.0401, assigned as XO of a different USS Challenger...", he recited, reading off a PADD. "After that, 2394.0505- Promoted to rank of Captain. Assigned to USS Discovery as Commanding Officer", he read, word for word and exact to the words on the man's service record.

"Let's just cut ranks for a moment and call it like it is. You have more experience, more ships under your belt and you've got seniority here.", he said, turning and giving the man an exasperated look. "What the hell are you doing here. You could have your pick of any ship anywhere in the Fleet. Why are you on a rustbucket floating in the middle of the gamma quadrant, and don't give me any Á¢â,¬ËœAsk the Brass' crap.", he said, dropping the PADD to the table.

What he really wanted to know here was if Briggs was here to serve as his XO, or if Dylan and his little command he'd risen to was just a stepping stone back to a loftier position. Of course, he didn't let that show. He'd let the Commander show his cards first.

(OOC Post restored due to server outage: Myne)

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on October 30, 2017, 06:57:39 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled and went over to a shelf where she kept a dish of sweets. Picking it up, she went back to the bed and kneeled down beside Elijah.

"Since you have been such a good boy today Elijah, would you like a sweetie?" She asked, holding the dish out so it was within the little boys reach.

[Sickbay]

Liv wasn't entirely sure how Elijah would react to being offered a sweet but as Lizzie went over to fetch the bowl that she kept them in, she moved his stuffed animal out of the way so he had more room and spoke to him gently until she returned and put the bowl within easy reach of him.

" Go on little man, mommy's here " she said reassuringly before his little hands grabbed the bowl and he began throwing the sweets out a little excitedly until he settled on a chocolate bar which he then promptly tried to eat with the wrapper on. Shaking her head as she tried not to laugh Liv then took the chocolate and unwrapped it before giving him a small piece to begin with and his face was a picture as he ate it.

Kyle Briggs

[Quarters]

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on October 30, 2017, 07:01:43 PM

Dylan listened and looked on as the man answered. The man had him on experience, but Dylan still wasn't convinced. "Yes, I'm aware you've been an XO before. "2387.0401, assigned as XO of a different USS Challenger..." he recited, reading off a PADD. "After that, 2394.0505- Promoted to rank of Captain. Assigned to USS Discovery as Commanding Officer" he read, word for word and exact to the words on the man's service record.

"Let's just cut ranks for a moment and call it like it is. You have more experience, more ships under your belt and you've got seniority here." he said, turning and giving the man an exasperated look. "What the hell are you doing here. You could have your pick of any ship anywhere in the Fleet. Why are you on a rustbucket floating in the middle of the gamma quadrant, and don't give me any Á¢â,¬ËœAsk the Brass' crap." he said, dropping the PADD to the table.

What he really wanted to know here was if Briggs was here to serve as his XO, or if Dylan and his little command he'd risen to was just a stepping stone back to a loftier position. Of course, he didn't let that show. He'd let the Commander show his cards first.

Kyle liked when it was straight talk. No games. No dog and pony shows.

"You're right. I did have my choice of assignments. Hell. I was even offered the Disco again. But I don't WANT the center seat, if that's what you're wondering. I've had my fair share of it. And all the BS and Politics that come along with it. And while there are some great and amazing parts to being in Command, there's also the not so enjoyable pieces of it. Tell me, Captain. How many crew have you lost? How many letters have you had to write home to wives and parents?" Kyle said a little louder than he had intended. He just got really emotional about losing crew. "What ever the number, it isn't the end. And eventually, it takes a toll on you. But to answer your question, I'm here to be your Executive Officer. It's that simple."

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on October 30, 2017, 07:11:09 PM

[Sickbay]

Liv wasn't entirely sure how Elijah would react to being offered a sweet but as Lizzie went over to fetch the bowl that she kept them in, she moved his stuffed animal out of the way so he had more room and spoke to him gently until she returned and put the bowl within easy reach of him.

" Go on little man, mommy's here " she said reassuringly before his little hands grabbed the bowl and he began throwing the sweets out a little excitedly until he settled on a chocolate bar which he then promptly tried to eat with the wrapper on. Shaking her head as she tried not to laugh Liv then took the chocolate and unwrapped it before giving him a small piece to begin with and his face was a picture as he ate it.

Sickbay

Lizzie could not help but laugh at the little boys antics. She quickly gathered up the rest of the sweets and put them back in the bowl.

"Would you like one as well?" She asked Olivia, holding the dish out to her.

In Memorium.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.