Author Topic: Trek to Have a Sequel?  (Read 1575 times)

kawolsky

Trek to Have a Sequel?
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:56:35 pm »
Trek to Have a Sequel?

Star Trek will not be released for over a month, but Paramount Pictures is already moving forward with a sequel. A story is currently being developed, and the script will be written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Damon Lindelof, who will also be producing. J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk have also signed on to produce the picture, but there is no word on whether or not Abrams will return as director.

The untitled Star Trek sequel is the follow-up to the 2009 film Star Trek. Its development was announced on 30 March 2009, over a month before the first film is to be released.

J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk will be returning to produce the film via their company, Bad Robot Productions. Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman will again write the screenplay, along with Damon Lindelof; Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof will all receive producing credit, as well.

There is currently no word on whether or not Abrams will return as director. Abrams had previously stated he world be open to directing a sequel.

The story is still in the early stages, and the filmmakers are waiting for reaction to the first film before deciding which direction to go. The writers are aiming to deliver the script to Paramount by Christmas 2009 for a possible Summer 2011 release.

All of the major actors in the film – namely, those portraying the core crew members of the USS Enterprise (John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, and Anton Yelchin) – are contracted to appear in this film.

John Brown

Re: Trek to Have a Sequel?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:15:25 pm »
I heard about this a few days ago thats what make the Statner rumor

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:33:13 pm »
Dude... I am so stocked about Zachary Quinto playing Spock!

He was my favorite villain in heros and now my favorite ST character... AHHH

*Faints*

John Brown

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:33:49 pm »
Dude... I am so stocked about Zachary Quinto playing Spock!

He was my favorite villain in heros and now my favorite ST character... AHHH

*Faints*

MEDIC STAT

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles