Author Topic: Season 2 Episode 2: Under Cover and Out of Uniform  (Read 31217 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 2 Episode 2: Under Cover and Out of Uniform
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2017, 06:35:58 am »
disguise. Done dressing, he looked at himself in the mirror:

upload image lossless

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2017, 09:57:09 am »
[ Jenna's Quarters ]

Jenna sighed as a sinking feeling came to her stomach. It was all too familiar to her and the main reason why she quit previously. This time was different, but it was hard to shake the past. She had told Molly about it, but had not gotten the time to fully explain. She knew this would test the both of them and it was time to get to work. As she ruffled her hair, she looked in the mirror to put in her new nose ring for her persona.

She decided as much as she loved her snake ring, she would leave it there in her quarters in order to be sure it was safe. As she finished with her lipstick, she smirked. She felt a sense of power in the moment and if she was going to play the part right, she would have to muster up all her confidence and old tricks. She had hoped to test Molly as well. "Right," Jenna began. "Sugar are you done out there? We will need to meet the rest of the group here shortly. She decided that not only would the two of them use simple names, but they would be a couple act. Since they worked well together already, playing up the fact that they were couple would really sell what they were looking for. Though they both objected to it as they were both dating one another because they deeply cared, Jenna reminded her that this was a mission and that what was done to overplay what they had, was just to help sell it even better. "Yeah I am done Spice. Come out and see," Molly called out. Spice walked out and her jaw dropped as Sugar turned to Spice with a smirk.

"Sugar you're lucky we have somewhere to be right now," Spice said as she pecked Sugar lightly on the lips for a quick kiss. The two rushed out grabbing only a portable com. Before the two left, Sugar asked. "I have my knife concealed in my heel, do you have yours?" Spice gave her a nod as the two left out of the quarters. They were glad to have not been spotted and quickly made their way to the rendezvous point. As they entered their turbolift, Sugar held Spice's hand. Spice smirked and encouraged Sugar to do so a well. They were walking with major confidence, but also needing to get to their destination quickly.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2017, 02:54:11 pm »
[Puzzles - Leanna's Office]

Leanna smiled when Dan politely declined her offer of a drink and listened intently to what he had to say about the removal of the secondary supply room and how it would be done, pleased that it would be fairly straightforward and not complicated. " That's great Commander and thank you for doing this for me" she replied truthfully feeling a mixture of relief and apprehension but at least it was now in the good hands of Commander Howell and his team.

" Also if you need me to close the bar whilst the work is being carried out just let me know " she said sitting back slightly.

[Leanna's Office]

When Leanna heard the door chime again, she wondered who it could be as she wasn't expecting anyone else and her staff knew that she was meeting with Commander Howell. Getting up from the sofa she looked at Dan " I apologise for the interruption Commander, I'll just go see who it is " she said going over to the door and opened it.

" Lea sorry for interrupting but there is a Starfleet officer here who has a PADD that they need to deliver to you".

Leanna was confused for a moment as this kind of thing never happened but she wasn't about to dismiss Maggie and tell them to come back later as she had learned to always check these things out first. Turning back to Dan " It looks like I'm needed in the bar, Commander it was good to meet you and you have our full co operation with the changes that need to be done" she said following Maggie out to the bar.
Puzzles - Leanna's Office
"No worries, gives the engineers something to do, we're starting to get a little quiet now most of the base repairs are complete." He replied, continuing "We'll keep out your way best we can, the immediate area around the supply rooms might need closing off, but I can't see why you can't keep the rest of the bar open."

Just then, the door chime went off, Howell simply nodded in acknowledgement of Leann's apology. When she told him she was needed at the bar, Dan rose off the sofa saying "no worries, I'll sort a final plan out and drop back in later to give you the details." and with that left the office and the bar to head back to engineering.

Promenade
Howell was walking through the promenade to catch the turbolift back to engineering when an Ensign called out his name "Commander Howell..." He stopped and turned 180 on his heels to see an Ensign standing in front of him. "Can I help you Ensign?" he asked. "Sir,
for you."
the ensign replied handing him a PADD, before moving off. He looked down at the PADD, which stated some orders of a rather odd nature. Stowing the PADD in his pocket he instead took the turbolift to his quarters to get ready for the mission.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2017, 07:50:36 pm »
NPC Ensign Reece

[La Vaca Volando]

Reece felt uncomfortable, ridiculous even dressing for the part, as the second officer, Lt. Knox had instructed him to do so.

"TANNEEERRRRRRRRR. Tannnnneeerrrrrrrrr. TANNER!"

He could not understand why she did not stop. He shouted and knew he could hear, a lot of people could hear as they looked to him puzzled. He continued to run towards the Cadet.

"Tanner. Ta ... "

Reece stopped when he noticed someone who looked remarkably like the Captain passing by, but quickly dismissed it. Then, the two engineers who had not reported for duty. He had previously noticed that they worked rather closely together, however now it seemed a lot more so. And, he could not believe his eyes when he saw Commander Howell.

As he caught up to her, he awaited her response and explanation.

Following their discussion, he noticed a rather annoyed looking man, who appeared to be missing his shirt.

"What?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:51:41 pm by Katharoz Knox »

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2017, 11:07:21 am »
disguise. Done dressing, he looked at himself in the mirror:

upload image lossless

[Location: Docking Bay 6]

Tritter nodded slightly to the Captain. He would than proceed to help the Medical Lieutenant move the body into a body bag. Once their victim was inside the bag, the Executive Officer would proceed to zip up the bag. He than helped the Medical Lieutenant place them on the gurney, than raising the gurney up. He than looked towards the Medical Lieutenant, he than stated, "I will come with you to the morgue" The Lieutenant looked at him curiously and she than said "Yes Sir" The female would than proceed to push the body through the hallways to the Morgue. The Executive Officer followed along with her until they got the body to the Morgue.

The Executive Officer than helped her put the victim into one of the refrigerated tubes. He than proceeded to place a seal on the tube the body was placed in. He than stated "When the Medical Examiner is ready, contact me and I will join him" The Medical Lieutenant replied with "Understood Sir" The Executive Officer than turned on a heel and exited, he had some business to take care of at this point.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Tanner Lachlyn

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 10:56:01 pm »
NPC Ensign Reece

[La Vaca Volando]

Reece felt uncomfortable, ridiculous even dressing for the part, as the second officer, Lt. Knox had instructed him to do so.

"TANNEEERRRRRRRRR. Tannnnneeerrrrrrrrr. TANNER!"

He could not understand why she did not stop. He shouted and knew he could hear, a lot of people could hear as they looked to him puzzled. He continued to run towards the Cadet.

"Tanner. Ta ... "

Reece stopped when he noticed someone who looked remarkably like the Captain passing by, but quickly dismissed it. Then, the two engineers who had not reported for duty. He had previously noticed that they worked rather closely together, however now it seemed a lot more so. And, he could not believe his eyes when he saw Commander Howell.

As he caught up to her, he awaited her response and explanation.

Following their discussion, he noticed a rather annoyed looking man, who appeared to be missing his shirt.

"What?"

Who the hell is that!? Tanner had heard him calling her name and it took everything she had not to turn around and give him a piece of her mind, however eyes were on her. Not just because of her outfit. Surely whoever set this up had accounted for the fact the station would not be able to just have its crew off the map without someone noticing.

I assumed this was sanctioned.... Tanner was now wondering who was behind all this.

She paused, pretending to admire some wares in a nearby store. The allotted pause gave her follower a chance to catch up.

"Ensign," She said with a rather coy tone in her voice, "I think you have me confused with someone else." She smiled playfully, "I could tell you my real name, but the cute ones just call me 'Sassy'."

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2017, 03:11:16 pm »
[Lower Promenade]

This wasn't quite the seedy end of the Promenade, but it was getting close. It fell under civilian maintenance,where latinum still rulled, and so the lights flickered and far off in the distance water dripped steadily onto the scuffed up deck. Someone wasn't greasing the right palm.

This wasn't an entirely civilian area, either. Lower enlisted personnel also lived here, side by side with non-Starfleet citizens. Adeyemi found that with his head hunched low and being out of uniform helped out quite a bit. Few people glanced his way. It seemed that no one wanted to catch another's eye and invite questions or words. That suited the captain just fine.

The lack of etiquette that proliferated on the Starbase always confused him. Back home, men and women ate separately, usually in the home, and men ate first. Women didn't drink at all. In England,when dining formally, men and women sat in alternating seats and the most important guests of honor were seated at the host's right and left.

Nothing like this existed on the Columbus. Here all, alien, human, female and male, all mingled together. The crowds were sparse but they were there, all drinking and eating if they so chose, even while standing or walking.

A trio of enlisted personnel clustered around the open door of their quarters, firing down homemade glasses of what could only be real alcohol. Adeyemi was silent as he approached them.

"...Glazer in Ops makes it, ferments it in an old torpedo casing. Good stuff, but strong." One man was saying.

"Good for one thing," Agreed a woman, sinking her glass and shuddering. Her body was wracked with coughs, prompting laughter from the group.

"Here, it takes the edge off." Another friend passed her a crude metal device. The woman eagerly put it to her mouth and exhaled a cloud of orange, skunk smelling smoke.

"Euphoria." One of the men said learnedly. "The only way to go warp nine when you're standing still."

Adeyemi noted the location of the quarters as he passed. Now was not the time, but those three wouldn't be quite so jolly when that time did come.

Park was right where he always was at this time of day, seated in a self-serve restaurant with a long untouched glass of synthehol at his elbow. Euphoria was addictive, and made consumption of replicated food and alcohol unpleasant. Adeyemi had heard that it caused artificial food and drink sit in the stomach for an unpleasant amount of time, sitting there like a stone in one's guts. If someone was smoking Euphoria, they'd be drinking real booze or water and eating homemade cooking.

Adeyemi leaned against a table but didn't sit, observing the other man. Park had a long, gangly frame, greasy hair and sat as if someone had stolen his bones: he was like a puddle of sentient flesh in his chair. Euphoria did that to you, relaxed everything in your body, including your airways.

A metal bowl full of noxious smelling food and a glass of water appeared at his table. Startled, Adeyemi turned.

"What's this?" He asked.

At the sound of his voice, Park stirred slowly in his chair.

"Only thing on the menu." The waitress replied. She had her thumb in his stew and absently sucked it clean. Her eyes were all pupil, and her skin slick looking and sweaty. The captain wondered how she came to work so intoxicated. She drifted away in a zombie-like shuffle.

"Like some company?" Adeyemi said in a voice that just carried to the other table.

"Ehhh, no...no, captain." Park said. That was too bad, because Adeyemi was already walking over to his table.

"Call me 'captain' one more time and you'll have plenty of company in the drunk tank," He said casually as he sat. The 'drunk tank' was an outdated term, but he figured Park would get it.

"Right, mate." Park said in a working class English accent.

"I'm not your mate, your partner, your captain, or your friend. I am your complete and total stranger." Adeyemi replied.

"Noted. What can I do for you?"

"Still slinging, Park?"

"No, ca--Malcolm. Not at all." The truth was stitched all over Park's glossy face. The synthehol, the burnt out look in his almond eyes. The man was wired like a jury-rigged power converter.

"Bullshit," Adeyemi said affably, shedding some grace but not regretting it. "I have eyes, Park. Now tell me where you get the stuff."

"I don't have to tell you shit, man. Never forget that you owe me. I could--"

The glass didn't cut Park, sadly. It shattered upon impact with his head but only sliced Adeyemi somehow. It still had the desired effect, though: in a moment the other man was crumpled back in his seat, dazed.

"Hey!" The waitress yelled, and started forward ,but thought the better of it.

"See this, Park?" Adeyemi showed the other man his hand, which was throbbing and dripping blood. "Plenty more where that came from, 'mate.'"

To demonstrate, the captain wiped his bloody hand all over Park's sweaty face. He squealed and tried to fend it off. Adeyemi responded by grabbing his shoulder, hard.

"I'm going to need to go to sickbay now!" Park whined. "Isn't a crime to get your blood on someone else?"

"Drug dealing is a bigger crime. Now, spill, or I'll drag you out of here and you'll get it twice as bad."

"You killed a man," Park said, blood flying from his lips as he hyperventilated. "We killed him, both of us, when we were kids, and when I wanted to set up shop here you said--"

"I know what I said," Adeyemi snapped, who wasn't eager to have the entire Promenade know it. "Deal still stands, Park. We're old schoolyard chums, aren't we? So do your chum a favor."

"Her name is 'Calibana.' She's an Orion. Habitat Ring, level 6. Got a string of some alien spices outside of her quarters." Park said rapidly.

It was the location that Hawke had given him, but now Adeyemi had a name. Suddenly he pulled his hand away, causing Park to flinch, but the captain only wiped his hand on the other man's shirt.

"Remember who runs this Station. You're only here because I allow you to be. And if I should get any communiques from Starfleet Command or the JAG corps we'll see who falls harder: a Starfleet captain or a football hooligan turned drug dealer." Adeyemi said roughly. "Now get yourself cleaned up. You've got a business to run."

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2017, 03:36:26 pm »
NPC Ensign Reece

[La Vaca Volando]

Who the hell is that!? Tanner had heard him calling her name and it took everything she had not to turn around and give him a piece of her mind, however eyes were on her. Not just because of her outfit. Surely whoever set this up had accounted for the fact the station would not be able to just have its crew off the map without someone noticing.

I assumed this was sanctioned.... Tanner was now wondering who was behind all this.

She paused, pretending to admire some wares in a nearby store. The allotted pause gave her follower a chance to catch up.

"Ensign," She said with a rather coy tone in her voice, "I think you have me confused with someone else." She smiled playfully, "I could tell you my real name, but the cute ones just call me 'Sassy'."

Reece was extremely puzzled. Extremely. He knew that the bio recognition sensors had picked Tanner out, though he could tell something was not quite right. He had left his comm. line open to the Command Deck and wanted to get as much information as possible.

Does she think I am ... cute ... ?

Smiling he got a little closer to her.

"Ok, Sassy. May I join you?"

Then he moved very close to the Cadet, put his hand on her waist and whispered into her ear.

"Tanner. What is going on?"

[Command Deck]

Knox heard everything through Reece's open comm. line and wondered what on earth was going on.

Good work.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline T'Prina

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • CHIEF SCIENCE VULCAN
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »
[Main Science Lab]

Xander returned to his humming as he worked. With the new coolant tube installed, he only had to adjust the sensitivity settings now. Opening a control panel, he spun an inconspicuous black dial to the left, continuing to turn it even after a red warning flashed on the screen in front of him. "Shush, you," he muttered, clearing the warning without a trace of concern. His modifications should - would - correct for any problems.

When T'Prina mentioned food, he was just about finished. He slid out from under the machine, propping himself up on his elbows to look at the Vulcan with an amused smile playing about his face. "If you say so, Mama 'Prina." He supposed it was true that he had a tendency to forget to eat while he was working, but it's not like he was starving or sickly or anything. In fact, he'd venture so far as to say he was a prime example of "top form" or whatever T'Prina called it.

He grabbed his jacket from the ground next to him, then pushed himself to his feet, stretching. After his left shoulder popped with a cringe-worthy cracking sound, he walked around to the other side of the machine to stand by T'Prina. "So. What are we eating?" As he spoke, he tossed on his jacket, but didn't bother to do it up just yet.

[Main Science Laboratory]

"It does not matter to me. The Promenade would most likely have the widest variety of choices available. I do not know what you are accustomed to eating." T'Prina shrugged a shoulder noncommittally. She would have spoken more when a messenger appeared and mysteriously handed each of them a PADD after confirming their identities. A cursory glance over the device revealed the following message:

To: Selected Officers and Civilians
RE: Special Assignment, Starbase Columbus
CONFIDENTIAL

"This is highly unorthodox..." When she looked up from the PADD, the messenger had already left. With an arched eyebrow, she looked over at Dorset. "I think it is a logical assumption to assume you received the same orders. 'Exotic dancers'? I did serve with Hawke for a short time on the USS Tempest but I must admit this seems... harebrained at best."

T'Prina frowned down at the PADD. She honestly did not know the first thing about exotic dancers, nor how to create a persona for one. She looked back at Dorset. "Looks like lunch is indefinitely postponed. I do not suppose you have any advice, Ensign? Perhaps we should consult with Captains Hawke or Adeyemi." She bit her lip looking uncharacteristically concerned and unsure. It wasn't often she came across something so far out of her depth of knowledge. Jett would probably know, but due to the sensitive nature of the operation, she was unable to consult with him. Also, he would be insufferably amused with her inquiries.

[Puzzles - NPC post as Rixxy]

[Main Bar]

Leanna spotted the officer immediately and walked over to them as they turned to face her. " Ms Mazal, this is for you"the officer said handing the PADD over to Leanna before bidding her farewell and leaving. Leanna at that point was perplexed by what had happened but that soon turned to disbelief as she began reading the contents of the PADD. Her disbelief turned to fear when her eyes stopped mid sentence when the Syndicate was mentioned and knew exactly who they were as her ex worked for a rival gang and even though she was scared at the thought of revisiting the past decided that maybe this was the opportunity she had been looking for to not only stop them but to also bring closure on her past.

But before she did anything she needed to speak to the one person who could help her with this and who also knew what she had been through. " Maggie tell Seamus what I said to Commander Howell about us giving him our full co operation with the remodel " she said. Maggie nodded and went to find Seamus then Leanna looked over and found who she needed. " Rixxy I need a word with you ".

Rixxy hung up the towel she was cleaning the bar with, and looked at Leanna with concern. It wasn't often the boss came to her, and there was an air about her. Trusting her instincts had served her well in her endeavors, both legal and not so above board.

"Anything you need, boss. Someone need... taken care of?" Her eyebrows lifted at the end, punctuating the question. The Klingon usually acted as the bar's bouncer, keeping out the disorderly, and teaching some manners to drunks who got a little too handsy with the waitresses. She put both hands on the bar and leaned in, curious to know what Leanna would ask. It'd been too long since she had a good fight at any rate.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2017, 06:41:04 pm »
Quote from: T'Prina link=topic=8461.msg162215#msg162215 date=1508878236

[Puzzles - NPC post as Rixxy

Rixxy hung up the towel she was cleaning the bar with, and looked at Leanna with concern. It wasn't often the boss came to her, and there was an air about her. Trusting her instincts had served her well in her endeavors, both legal and not so above board.

"Anything you need, boss. Someone need... taken care of?" Her eyebrows lifted at the end, punctuating the question. The Klingon usually acted as the bar's bouncer, keeping out the disorderly, and teaching some manners to drunks who got a little too handsy with the waitresses. She put both hands on the bar and leaned in, curious to know what Leanna would ask. It'd been too long since she had a good fight at any rate.

[Puzzles]

Leanna didn't answer her straightaway but didn't need to use her abilities to know that she gotten her attention and knew she could rely on her Head Bartender and trusted ally with what she was about to ask of her. Well to be truthful she didn't need to ask owing to the code and relationship they had developed over the years and had never once doubted her.

She looked around for a moment then returned her attention to Rixxy, knowing she could trust all members of her handpicked staff but she couldn't risk a customer overhearing what she needed to tell her especially not where the Syndicate was concerned. Maybe she was still paranoid with what had happened a year ago but had every reason with what Matthias and his cronies had done.

" I need you to come with me to my quarters and I'll explain everything there " she replied quietly knowing she didn't have to say anything else as she turned round and began walking hoping she would catch up.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2017, 07:16:22 pm »
To: Howell, Lieutenant Commander Daniel
From: Captain James A. Hawke - Commanding Officer USS Shran
RE: Special Assignment, Starbase Columbus
CONFIDENTIAL - EYES ONLY

You have been selected as part of a special, undercover mission to investigate the well known syndicate. Your orders for this mission is to assume the role of a small scale mercenary, looking to increase profits by upping the value of your trade. You are to aquire or replicate any items of clothing or equipment you made need to assume the role. If you can, try and lay out traps or find out ways of collecting intel or information. You should not address anyone of this operation by their real name.
This mission is confidential and any inquiry by third parties should be dismissed. Any questions or queries should be bought to Captain Adeyemi.

Dan's Quarters
Dan had read the PADD with his orders on about 100 times, still trying to understand why he had been chosen for this mission, it wasn't exactly the thing an engineer did. Could always set up audio bugs I suppose. he thought to himself. He had hoped his choice of clothing would allow him to pass as a mercenary, but it was the best his imagination could come up with.

He decided that the La Vaca Volando was the best place to start, a lot of goings on and illegal trade deals happened there and it was a hotspot for any trader or mercenary looking to make an absolute killing, in some cases quite literally. Lets do this... He walked out of his quarters and towards the turbolift. Thankfully at this hour of the day, these corridors were quiet so there wasn't really anyone to question why he was dressed the way he was and not in engineering like he usually was.

Turbolift
He halted at the entrance to the lift and pressed the button on the side panel to request the lift. After a few seconds, the turbolift doors swung open and Dan entered, swinging 180 and standing at ease in his usual manor when using the lifts. He took a deep breath before telling the computer "Lower Promenade, Deck 312" The lift started moving down. It was the one place on the base he dreaded. Decks 311 and 312 were still under civilian maintenance and so it was a place that like many Starfleet officers on the base was not familiar with, but at least it was good for the mission as it meant no-one would know him. He remembered to take a stash of latinum with him before making his way, as that was still the primary form of payment.

Lower Promenade
The doors opened in a grinding, rusty manor. "Shows how much they are used then." he muttered under his breath. Taking a couple of seconds to get ready, he left the lift authoritatively. He knew in order to pull this off he needed to look like he was used to being in these kind of environments. His trip to La Vaca Volando was less than pleasant. An Engineers and come to think of it, Doctors nightmare. There were structural panels cracked and falling off the main base frame. components sparking and leaking from age and lack of maintenance, EPS conduits hissing from the age old strain of EP pressure. And the people, coughing and dirty. Christ it's like walking through Victorian times.

La Vaca Volando
His what seemed like lifetime walk to the La Vaca Volando was finally over as he entered. The whole area was full of smoke and there was flashing strobe lights, loud music and some seriously low people. Criminals that even Howell knew. He looked briefly around before heading to the bar. The bar tender was roughly Dan's age, but quite considerably more grumpy. He was dressed in a chequed shirt, wearing a baseball cap. Not seen you around here before, what'll it be? His voice was croaky and deep. "Whisky, double." Dan replied. The bar tender put a glass on the bar, before pouring in the whisky. 15 latinum. The tender commanded. Handing over the 15 pieces of latinum, the tender continued So, not seen you here before, been a while since we had a new face. So what d' you do then? "Mercenary, go here and there looking to make a killing, stumbled across Columbus, heard it was a good place to do what a Mercenary does best." Howell replied, taking a small sip of the Whisky. Ahhh, well between you and me, you've come to the right place, you'll make plenty a killing here. he finished, laughing. "Lets hope so." Dan simply replied, before the bar tender walked to the other side of the bar, to serve someone else. Howell simply continued to take sips of his drink, thinking out his next move.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Xander Dorset

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2017, 07:46:35 pm »
[Main Science Laboratory]

"It does not matter to me. The Promenade would most likely have the widest variety of choices available. I do not know what you are accustomed to eating." T'Prina shrugged a shoulder noncommittally. She would have spoken more when a messenger appeared and mysteriously handed each of them a PADD after confirming their identities. A cursory glance over the device revealed the following message:

"This is highly unorthodox..." When she looked up from the PADD, the messenger had already left. With an arched eyebrow, she looked over at Dorset. "I think it is a logical assumption to assume you received the same orders. 'Exotic dancers'? I did serve with Hawke for a short time on the USS Tempest but I must admit this seems... harebrained at best."

T'Prina frowned down at the PADD. She honestly did not know the first thing about exotic dancers, nor how to create a persona for one. She looked back at Dorset. "Looks like lunch is indefinitely postponed. I do not suppose you have any advice, Ensign? Perhaps we should consult with Captains Hawke or Adeyemi." She bit her lip looking uncharacteristically concerned and unsure. It wasn't often she came across something so far out of her depth of knowledge. Jett would probably know, but due to the sensitive nature of the operation, she was unable to consult with him. Also, he would be insufferably amused with her inquiries.

[Main Science Lab]

Xander felt his eyebrows shoot skyward in incredulity as he read the PADD with his assignment. For once, he couldn't agree more with T'Prina. "'Harebrained' seems generous. This is... a haphazard scheme if anything." As individuals grounded in logic and science, they were both out of their depth here. Although apparently the Vulcan thought he had experience here for some reason.

"Me?" Xander laughed incredulously. "As attractive as I may be," he began modestly, "I've never had to resort to stripping." He thought over her suggestion and shook his head. "We're supposed to be undercover. We can't just walk up to them and ask. We could ruin the whole operation - if you can even call this that." Xander slid off his jacket as he spoke again. "Besides, I doubt there's much of a science to it. You know, less technique and more confidence... How hard can it be?" To illustrate his point, he slid off his undershirt as well to reveal his bare chest.

He struck what was supposed to be a sultry pose and smirked at T'Prina. It ended up being more comical than seductive, however. Not that he knew or cared. "See? Just exude confidence and think sexy. It's not like we actually have to strip or anything. I doubt anyone's even going to look at us. We might as well just get this fiasco over with." As he spoke, he moved over to the replicator and produced a bundle of black clothing. Xander then ducked into the freezer to change. The walls were lined with bacterial and microbial samples they didn't want reproducing at fast rates, but the center of the room left him plenty of room to change. A couple minutes later, he emerged, clad in combat boots, a black kilt slung rakishly low on his hips, and a leather jacket left hanging open to reveal his bare chest. "Ready?"
nothing

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2017, 08:14:56 pm »
[Lower Promenade]

This wasn't quite the seedy end of the Promenade, but it was getting close. It fell under civilian maintenance,where latinum still rulled, and so the lights flickered and far off in the distance water dripped steadily onto the scuffed up deck. Someone wasn't greasing the right palm.

This wasn't an entirely civilian area, either. Lower enlisted personnel also lived here, side by side with non-Starfleet citizens. Adeyemi found that with his head hunched low and being out of uniform helped out quite a bit. Few people glanced his way. It seemed that no one wanted to catch another's eye and invite questions or words. That suited the captain just fine.

The lack of etiquette that proliferated on the Starbase always confused him. Back home, men and women ate separately, usually in the home, and men ate first. Women didn't drink at all. In England,when dining formally, men and women sat in alternating seats and the most important guests of honor were seated at the host's right and left.

Nothing like this existed on the Columbus. Here all, alien, human, female and male, all mingled together. The crowds were sparse but they were there, all drinking and eating if they so chose, even while standing or walking.

A trio of enlisted personnel clustered around the open door of their quarters, firing down homemade glasses of what could only be real alcohol. Adeyemi was silent as he approached them.

"...Glazer in Ops makes it, ferments it in an old torpedo casing. Good stuff, but strong." One man was saying.

"Good for one thing," Agreed a woman, sinking her glass and shuddering. Her body was wracked with coughs, prompting laughter from the group.

"Here, it takes the edge off." Another friend passed her a crude metal device. The woman eagerly put it to her mouth and exhaled a cloud of orange, skunk smelling smoke.

"Euphoria." One of the men said learnedly. "The only way to go warp nine when you're standing still."

Adeyemi noted the location of the quarters as he passed. Now was not the time, but those three wouldn't be quite so jolly when that time did come.

Park was right where he always was at this time of day, seated in a self-serve restaurant with a long untouched glass of synthehol at his elbow. Euphoria was addictive, and made consumption of replicated food and alcohol unpleasant. Adeyemi had heard that it caused artificial food and drink sit in the stomach for an unpleasant amount of time, sitting there like a stone in one's guts. If someone was smoking Euphoria, they'd be drinking real booze or water and eating homemade cooking.

Adeyemi leaned against a table but didn't sit, observing the other man. Park had a long, gangly frame, greasy hair and sat as if someone had stolen his bones: he was like a puddle of sentient flesh in his chair. Euphoria did that to you, relaxed everything in your body, including your airways.

A metal bowl full of noxious smelling food and a glass of water appeared at his table. Startled, Adeyemi turned.

"What's this?" He asked.

At the sound of his voice, Park stirred slowly in his chair.

"Only thing on the menu." The waitress replied. She had her thumb in his stew and absently sucked it clean. Her eyes were all pupil, and her skin slick looking and sweaty. The captain wondered how she came to work so intoxicated. She drifted away in a zombie-like shuffle.

"Like some company?" Adeyemi said in a voice that just carried to the other table.

"Ehhh, no...no, captain." Park said. That was too bad, because Adeyemi was already walking over to his table.

"Call me 'captain' one more time and you'll have plenty of company in the drunk tank," He said casually as he sat. The 'drunk tank' was an outdated term, but he figured Park would get it.

"Right, mate." Park said in a working class English accent.

"I'm not your mate, your partner, your captain, or your friend. I am your complete and total stranger." Adeyemi replied.

"Noted. What can I do for you?"

"Still slinging, Park?"

"No, ca--Malcolm. Not at all." The truth was stitched all over Park's glossy face. The synthehol, the burnt out look in his almond eyes. The man was wired like a jury-rigged power converter.

"Bullshit," Adeyemi said affably, shedding some grace but not regretting it. "I have eyes, Park. Now tell me where you get the stuff."

"I don't have to tell you shit, man. Never forget that you owe me. I could--"

The glass didn't cut Park, sadly. It shattered upon impact with his head but only sliced Adeyemi somehow. It still had the desired effect, though: in a moment the other man was crumpled back in his seat, dazed.

"Hey!" The waitress yelled, and started forward ,but thought the better of it.

"See this, Park?" Adeyemi showed the other man his hand, which was throbbing and dripping blood. "Plenty more where that came from, 'mate.'"

To demonstrate, the captain wiped his bloody hand all over Park's sweaty face. He squealed and tried to fend it off. Adeyemi responded by grabbing his shoulder, hard.

"I'm going to need to go to sickbay now!" Park whined. "Isn't a crime to get your blood on someone else?"

"Drug dealing is a bigger crime. Now, spill, or I'll drag you out of here and you'll get it twice as bad."

"You killed a man," Park said, blood flying from his lips as he hyperventilated. "We killed him, both of us, when we were kids, and when I wanted to set up shop here you said--"

"I know what I said," Adeyemi snapped, who wasn't eager to have the entire Promenade know it. "Deal still stands, Park. We're old schoolyard chums, aren't we? So do your chum a favor."

"Her name is 'Calibana.' She's an Orion. Habitat Ring, level 6. Got a string of some alien spices outside of her quarters." Park said rapidly.

It was the location that Hawke had given him, but now Adeyemi had a name. Suddenly he pulled his hand away, causing Park to flinch, but the captain only wiped his hand on the other man's shirt.

"Remember who runs this Station. You're only here because I allow you to be. And if I should get any communiques from Starfleet Command or the JAG corps we'll see who falls harder: a Starfleet captain or a football hooligan turned drug dealer." Adeyemi said roughly. "Now get yourself cleaned up. You've got a business to run."

[Puzzles]
He asked for nothing from Seamus, but offered a smile. He tried to continue on his studying. Statutes, amendments, clauses...it wasn't until a thunderous stomp by his table that he was drawn back into the brighter world of reality. It was the angry Klingon gentleman from the party. What little color Johannes had in his cheeks fled quickly as his hand wrapped around his PADD. All the burly brute had done was thumb at the way he had come in.

Johannes gave the barkeep his quarters number to route payment and left. Swiftly.

Perhaps down below would provide a less hostile environment.

[Lower Promenade]

Not at all. This was not at all calm. Johannes was almost entirely positive that he had seen his captain fly off the cuff more than most of his existing staff, but never had he seen him successfully strike. Glass knocked up against his loafers as Adeyemi intensely accosted this sweaty man. The general dismissal from the crowd felt like a numb buzz. The reaction should be more drastic than this.

Adeyemi never seemed like a man who was clean-cut. That anger he had thrown at Johannes that odd spooky night hadn't come from nowhere. With this man's loose lips, it came into a tighter focus, though not crystal clear. His captain had his feet in the tar and didn't seem too scared to sink a little at the moment. So much was teetering in front of Johannes, the delicate machine that kept his captain's commission aloft.

Habitat Ring, level 6. He turned to go, but fell into the doorway over a table. He felt like a thief as he ran to the nearest turbolift. Why was his captain rousting drug addicts? Why was he consorting with them?

Adeyemi would not be far behind; he was sure.  He'd get his answers, even if it meant locking off Calibana from his commanding officer.

[Habitat Ring, level 6]

So where were those spices?

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2017, 09:30:27 pm »
[ La Vaca Volando ]

The pounding music, flashing lights, and smoke brought back memories brought back memories for Spice. As her and Sugar walked in, she noticed Sugar become hesitant, but she just egged her on inside. She walked up to the bar with exuding confidence.  She walked up to the bar and waited for the barkeep.

"Hey barkeep. What does a girl have to do to wet her whistle around here?" Spice asked. If she was going to blend in, she was going to start by acting like she owned the place. Sugar soon followed her. While the two waited on a response, a short male patron walked up to the bar squeezed Spice's rear end briefly. She then angrily turned to him. "Oi! Watch the goods there shorty! You know the rules here. No payment no show and especially no touching. My lovely partner Sugar over here and I can give you the Saturday Night Sugar and Spice special... for the right price," Spice said with a little bit of flirtyness at the end.  Sugar had to stomach whatever anger she saw in the man who grabbed at Spice. She was under cover and needed to act as such. "We will have to see there sweetie. Are you new here?" The man asked. "Well yes and no. Sugar and I just transferred in," She said and as she did. She felt the man's hand go toward her leg. It was then the barkeep walked over and gave him a look. The man then backed away, but not before he put a few credits in the waistband of her skirt. He whispered to come find him later in the evening and he would pay nicely for the special.

The Barkeep asked what the ladies wanted. "Two shots of vodka. Highest proof you got,"Sugar said. The barkeep nodded and poured the shots. The two of then quickly downed it and asked for another. After the third they said they were finished. Spice paid for the shots with her new credits from her waistband. She still had plenty left over. She then noticed Dan, who was obviously undercover, she motioned Sugar to go join her.

"You seem new around here like us," Spice said with a wink. "Seems we are the new hires eh?" Sugar said. "You'd think there would be some kind of orientation or meeting." Sugar had put emphasis on the word meeting. She needed to convey her message without blowing her cover.  She was a bit embarrassed to be wearing that little in front of her boss. Spice however seemed to be in a different world. There were a few patrons asking her for her price for dances she eventually had to turn them away for a moment so that she could join the conversation and not be talking to others around the bar.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2017, 11:19:11 am »
[Location: Executive Officer's Office, Main Science]

Tritter had been looking into the background of their victim. He had reviewed the background, she started off as a successful Starfleet Officer, she was a Communications Officer from another ship. Things went down from there, they eventually ended becoming a low end prostitute, as well as a Stripper, to support their habit. He had seen this many times over a lengthy twenty plus year law enforcement career, and he knew what caused it - drugs, it always boils down to drugs.

He than heard his comm badge go off, it was one of the science officers requesting him to join them in regards to the drugs that had been found near their victim. He than rose to his feet and made his way to Main Science. Once he arrived, he looked for the Science Officer who had contacted him. He than approached the Science Officer, he greeted the younger man with a simple "Hello Lieutenant" The Science Officer jumped slightly and looked at the Executive Officer, the man than stated "Hello Sir" Tritter chuckled to himself, he found it amusing that they were soo situationally unaware to not hear the 350 pound man approach.

Tritter than asked the Science Officer a simple question, "What do you have for me Lieutenant?" The man than nodded slightly to the Executive Officer, he than proceeded to pull a device that had a twin needle setup, as well as a cylinder for delivery of the drugs. Tritter knew immediately how it worked as soon as he seen it. The Lieutenant than stated, "Sir, thats how our victim proceeded to deliver the drugs." Tritter nodded slightly and than asked, "Whats the effects of the drug?" The Lieutenant took a moment before he replied to the Executive Officer, he stated the following, "Sir, based on chemical analysis, the drug appears to provide a rush of endorphin's to the brain, while depressing one's inhibitions, as well as depressing the heart rate and respiration's. It also has chemicals that emit an orange, slightly odorous smoke when delivered through an inhaled option. It also has several chemicals that interact negatively with the compounds in replicated food, so those who use it can not have replicated food"

Tritter pondered the Lieutenant's detailed information. He than nodded slightly and said "Thank you Lieutenant" The man simply nodded to the Executive Officer. Not long after, Tritter's comm badge went off, it was the medical Examiner, letting them know they were ready to autopsy the body. He proceeded to let the Medical Examiner know that he is on the way and will be attending the autopsy. He proceeded to exit Main Science and made his way towards the Morgue.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles