Season 2 Episode 2: Under Cover and Out of Uniform

Started by Michael J. Tritter, October 15, 2017, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Prina

[Main Science Laboratory]

T'Prina craned her head down through an aperture in the spectrometer that Ensign Dorset was currently repairing. Her long brown hair was plaited in a braid, and the very tip of brushed his shoulder. She momentarily appraised his progress. It was adequate, even if it was taking longer than projected.

"If you adjust the angle of your wrist, you will improve the torque of that device. I had hoped repairs would be effected more, expediently. However I see you have opted to make several... non-sanctioned improvements."

She reached her arm inside the machine and indicated a blue tube running through part of it.

"May I suggest splicing part of this coolant line to run through improved areas as to reduce risk of over heating?"

Despite her prim and proper schoolteacher tone, unsanctioned improvements were definitely her style. As long as they would increase efficiency of course. From the looks of it, Dorset knew what he was about, but that didn't mean she had to give him accolades.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Docking Bay 12]

Adeyemi seemed to burst through the automatic entryway like a stormtrooper kicking down a door of the enemy of the state. He was a tall, broad man, nowhere near the towering gargantuan muscularity of his first officer, but an imposing sight nonetheless. His body was a mass of solid, untoned muscle, with a bit of tight fat on his stomach to let others know he still enjoyed life despite all his discipline. Though he was approximately 50 years old, his skin was still smooth, only showing wear and tear on the hands and at the corner of the eyes. Those same brown orbs were slightly narrowed at this unforeseen turn of events.

"Commander Tritter, thank you for welcoming our guest," He said , and extended a hand to Hawke. He was ever one for protocol and ceremony.  "Captain Hawke, I am Captain Malcolm Adeyemi. I am pleased that you have joined us."

His voice was a peculiar mixture of proper British English, flavored here and there with exotic nuances of his native Nigerian. He was wont to slip in words from a handful of different languages into his speech; sometimes the Universal Translator took slightly longer to convey his words into their listener's preferred language.

"I assume that you have urgent business," Adeyemi said, more of a declaration than a question. It was about as polite as he got, and only the four gold pips weighing down Hawke's collar earned that. He was a professional and respected his colleagues, but with a lower ranked member of Starfleet his inquiry would have been a bit more harsh.

Johannes Kentrat

[Puzzles]

Johannes didn't seem like he fit with his table. Whenever something was low-lit or calm, he always tended to be a bit more angular, a bit more glaring. In an environment of leisure, he looked far, far, far out of his element. He sat at the most optimal angle with very little clutter: a single PADD, a single glass of water. He was out of uniform, but that just made others feel more awkward. He reeked of regiments, of work, of a stiff back and sore feet from doing nothing but standing behind a console. But here he was, tucked away into a corner booth. Johannes tugged at the collar of the mossy green turtleneck just slightly as he mumbled through his readings. It wasn't the most comfortable dress, but it tended to be chilly on the promenade.

His mind slipped away for a second, to remember that chill. That snap feeling of feeling blood turn to ice, Captain Adeyemi staring at him with such contempt. Had he had to fight him, could he have won? Would he have just died?

The more pressing question, the more pertinent in his mind, would be if he had somehow disabled his captain. Would he have been justified? His eyes fell to the droning logistic of the FUCJ staring up at him. There was no such clause for possession, but perhaps it could be interpreted as temporary insanity. But would it have held up? He shrugged, as it made little difference without stellar representation. He'd get there.

He'd raise a hand to the barkeep just across the way,

"Another refill, please."

Auzual Knox

[Columbus Command Deck]

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 16, 2017, 10:59:17 PM

Tritter had been focused on taking care of something when he heard his comm badge go off. He than heard the following "Captain Ayedemi to Commander Tritter, take care of Captain Hawke" The message was vague, which was not surprising to the Commander, he had known them to not give more details than absolutely necessary. Tritter however tapped his comm badge and replied with "Aye Sir" He than tapped his comm badge "Commander Tritter to Lieutenant Knox, please report to the Command Deck" He would than wait for her reply, followed by her arrival within a reasonable time frame there after.

Knox acknowledged the Commander and left her office for the Command Deck. She was happy for the break in the task set out before her. Though knew it would not be long.

As Commander Tritter left, Knox asked for a full report before she was engulfed by the Captain's chair.

"Where are those reports, Ensign?"

Since taking the Command level position, Knox's personalities had took an interesting turn. Her second host, Darzem was resurfacing more and more.

What is really happening on the Station? Right at this moment?

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Johannes Kentrat on October 17, 2017, 03:46:49 PM

[Puzzles]

Johannes didn't seem like he fit with his table. Whenever something was low-lit or calm, he always tended to be a bit more angular, a bit more glaring. In an environment of leisure, he looked far, far, far out of his element. He sat at the most optimal angle with very little clutter: a single PADD, a single glass of water. He was out of uniform, but that just made others feel more awkward. He reeked of regiments, of work, of a stiff back and sore feet from doing nothing but standing behind a console. But here he was, tucked away into a corner booth. Johannes tugged at the collar of the mossy green turtleneck just slightly as he mumbled through his readings. It wasn't the most comfortable dress, but it tended to be chilly on the promenade.

His mind slipped away for a second, to remember that chill. That snap feeling of feeling blood turn to ice, Captain Adeyemi staring at him with such contempt. Had he had to fight him, could he have won? Would he have just died?

The more pressing question, the more pertinent in his mind, would be if he had somehow disabled his captain. Would he have been justified? His eyes fell to the droning logistic of the FUCJ staring up at him. There was no such clause for possession, but perhaps it could be interpreted as temporary insanity. But would it have held up? He shrugged, as it made little difference without stellar representation. He'd get there.

He'd raise a hand to the barkeep just across the way,

"Another refill, please."

[Puzzles]

"I'm sorry your hear to do what exactly?"Seamus asked in utter disbelief as he looked at the brightly dressed and slightly bizarre looking man opposite the main counter. " Maggie asked me to cleanse the bar of all negativity and evil after she told me what had happened here lately " he replied his tone insistent which just perplexed Seamus even more as it was the first he had heard about it and with Leanna meeting with Commander Howell wasn't about to go interrupt her to tell her what this Great Maxini was offering to do.

" Look Mr Maxini, thank you for your kind offer, let me speak to the boss once she's finished and we'll get back to you"Seamus said politely not giving the other man chance to speak as a customer, one who Seamus had served earlier asked for a refill and immediately went over carrying a jug containing the drink he had requested.

" Here we go, one refill as requested, is there anything else I can get you?"Seamus asked after refilling his drink.

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on October 16, 2017, 04:45:03 PM

[Puzzles - Leanna's Office]

The door chime sounding caught Leanna off guard slightly and she almost spilled the remaining dregs of her drink down her front but managed to put it down when she realised it couldn't be a member of her staff and that it must be Commander Howell. She hadn't much chance to speak to the Chief Engineer since arriving at the base and hoped that would change now that she had asked him for help regarding the Bar.

Composing herself and making sure everything was place, got up from her desk and walked the short distance to the door and pressed the release mechanism. Once it slid back she smiled at the officer standing there. " Commander Howell, it's good to finally meet you properly, please come in and have a seat " she said politely, gesturing towards the sofa and chair just off to the side of her office.

Puzzles - Leanna's Office
Dan waited patiently in the ease position. A few seconds later, the door slid open with Leanna standing in front of it, greeting him. "Likewise, how are you?" He asked replying to her before moving to her gesture and taking a seat on the sofa. "So what can I do for you today?"

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Xander Dorset

Quote from: T'Prina on October 17, 2017, 02:12:09 PM

[Main Science Laboratory]

T'Prina craned her head down through an aperture in the spectrometer that Ensign Dorset was currently repairing. Her long brown hair was plaited in a braid, and the very tip of brushed his shoulder. She momentarily appraised his progress. It was adequate, even if it was taking longer than projected.

"If you adjust the angle of your wrist, you will improve the torque of that device. I had hoped repairs would be effected more, expediently. However I see you have opted to make several... non-sanctioned improvements."

She reached her arm inside the machine and indicated a blue tube running through part of it.

"May I suggest splicing part of this coolant line to run through improved areas as to reduce risk of over heating?"

Despite her prim and proper schoolteacher tone, unsanctioned improvements were definitely her style. As long as they would increase efficiency of course. From the looks of it, Dorset knew what he was about, but that didn't mean she had to give him accolades.

[Main Science Labroatory]

Alexander unwittingly hummed to himself as he worked on modifying the new spec for the lab. His... creative usage of the lab's dinosaur of a machine "unfortunately" left it unfit for further use, so the base had had no choice but to upgrade to a newer model. So that was good. When the new machine had been installed by engineering, however, he and the Vulcan had realized two things. A: The engineers hadn't done anything remotely useful with its settings yet, and B: the "new and improved" model was still kind of shit. And so here he was, on his back as he tried to turn the machine into a useful piece of equipment.

As T'Prina commented on his work for the thirty-first time, Xander sighed and stopped what he was doing to look up at her. "If you think you could do a better job, you could always make the modifications yourself, you know" He swatted at her braid with the tightening device in his hand to emphasize his point. His annoyance waned a little as she showed support (in her own way) for his modifications, however.

Turning his attention away from her face and back to the spec, Xander tapped the coolant tube that he thought T'Prina had referenced. "This one? Hmm..." He traced the tube's path and, after a moment, realized the Vulcan's suggestion was, indeed, warranted - as much as it pained him to admit it. "Can you get me a new section of tubing then? I don't have any down here."

"Impossible is nothing

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 17, 2017, 06:07:27 PM

Puzzles - Leanna's Office
Dan waited patiently in the ease position. A few seconds later, the door slid open with Leanna standing in front of it, greeting him. "Likewise, how are you?" He asked replying to her before moving to her gesture and taking a seat on the sofa. "So what can I do for you today?"

[Puzzles - Leanna's Office]

Leanna smiled at Dan's greeting and did contemplate sitting beside him on the sofa but didn't want to scare the man if she got too close especially as she didn't know him that well yet. So instead she sat on the chair, legs crossed as she looked over at him and answered his questions.

" I'm not too bad thank you although I'll be a lot better once this works been done " she replied " I'm not sure if you saw the plans I had drawn up to remove our secondary supply room and extend the main one instead " she said getting up for a moment to fetch the PADD and old fashioned paper plans from her desk.

She then placed them on the small table in front of Dan and looked over at him once more " However before we discuss it all , would you like a drink?".

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 17, 2017, 02:34:07 PM

[Docking Bay 12]

Adeyemi seemed to burst through the automatic entryway like a stormtrooper kicking down a door of the enemy of the state. He was a tall, broad man, nowhere near the towering gargantuan muscularity of his first officer, but an imposing sight nonetheless. His body was a mass of solid, untoned muscle, with a bit of tight fat on his stomach to let others know he still enjoyed life despite all his discipline. Though he was approximately 50 years old, his skin was still smooth, only showing wear and tear on the hands and at the corner of the eyes. Those same brown orbs were slightly narrowed at this unforeseen turn of events.

"Commander Tritter, thank you for welcoming our guest," He said , and extended a hand to Hawke. He was ever one for protocol and ceremony.  "Captain Hawke, I am Captain Malcolm Adeyemi. I am pleased that you have joined us."

His voice was a peculiar mixture of proper British English, flavored here and there with exotic nuances of his native Nigerian. He was wont to slip in words from a handful of different languages into his speech; sometimes the Universal Translator took slightly longer to convey his words into their listener's preferred language.

"I assume that you have urgent business," Adeyemi said, more of a declaration than a question. It was about as polite as he got, and only the four gold pips weighing down Hawke's collar earned that. He was a professional and respected his colleagues, but with a lower ranked member of Starfleet his inquiry would have been a bit more harsh.

[Location: Docking Bay 12]

Tritter nodded slightly to the Captain. He was a bit suprised by how they were towards him, they quickly dismissed him in a fashion he was unused to. But he figured he could actually do something useful instead of playing baby sitter. He turned on a heel and exited.

Tritter than proceeded to tap his comm badge, he than addressed Lieutenant Knox, "Commander Tritter to Lieutenant Knox, I will be out and about, contact me if you need me" His tone was confident as he spoke. He proceeded to make his way towards his office.

He wasn't a fan of sitting in one place. He had  taken a seat at his desk to review a few things, he would than make his way to the Command Deck. The Station was buzzing with traffic, he proceeded to step inside the Command Deck, he than heard a loud "Commander on Deck!" He than stated "Carry on" A moment later, he felt a soft tug on his pant leg. The Executive Officer than turned around, he saw his young daughter standing behind him, she must have followed him. He than kneeled down to get at her level. The young girl was bright and bubbly, although she looked a bit on the sad side. He proceeded to scoop up the young child. He than leaned in and gave her a kiss on the forehead, despite his appearance, he was a doting and loving Dad.

He knew she had been having a hard time since Ryan left, they were used to him being around, but he had to go for work related reasons. They would have to have a serious talk about that when he returned next, such was very hard on all of them. He than ruffled his young Daughter's hair, she grinned and chuckled, he than whispered into her ear, "Whats going on Honey?" She than stated quietly to her Dad, "I missed you" He smiled a bit and said "I missed you too sweetie" He than looked at her and said, "I know it is more than just that Honey"

He wrapped an arm around the young girl, she proceeded to nestle her head into her Dad's neck, he could tell she was sad and trying to not be too upset, he sighed quietly and said, "Honey, it is going to be ok" He was having a hard time himself, but he couldn't let her know that.

He than saw her look around and she said "Sorry Daddy" He replied with a calm "No worries Honey, but you can't stay here" He than turned to Knox "My apologies, I will be back" The young girl than turned to look towards her and than back to her Dad, "May I say hi to Miss Knox?" He chuckled quietly and than said "Thats up to Miss Knox" The young girl looked towards the Trill and waited for a reply from her.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Jenna McKinson

[ Deck 23 ]

Jenna and Molly had quickly gotten changed and made their way to engineering. The decided a routine checkup of some flickering power relays would be a good way to start their shift. The two of them worked like a well oiled machine. Jenna hummed to herself as she and Molly got to work. It was these moments that drew Molly to her. "Alright let's see what the issue is," Jenna said as Molly redirected power so that Jenna could take a look at the relays.

[ Promenade ]

A woman walked with a swagger in her step. It had been quite a while since she herself had been to the base. She flipped her hair as there were eyes on her as she moved. She was headed to go pick up an order she had for her and her friend. She headed toward a bar and restaurant named Puzzles.

[ Puzzles ]

Eliana hummed to herself. The past few weeks of her getting used to life on the base and the work flow was nice. Her and Jenna even seemed to be talking again. Though she new Jenna had moved on, maybe it was time to do so herself. She was glad that Jenna had invited her to a few small parties, she was super busy. She knew Jenna had one coming up and had already asked Leanna to be off for it. Thought Leanna was happy to oblige, she warned Eliana not to let her emotions get in the way and ruin the fresh start with Jenna."Hey Rixxy, is that to go order ready yet?" She asked Rixxy. Eliana greeted the woman who walked up to the bar. "Welcome to Puzzles how may I help you?" Eliana asked the new customer who walked in. "Hi yes. I am here to pick up an order. It's under the name Lissy," Lissy said.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

James A. Hawke

[Docking Bay 12]

James looked at the large executive officer.  He nodded his response towards the offer of an office.  In reality, James needed neither he just responded. "Thank you, Commander, that is very generous of you.  I appreciate all the accommodations on my behalf.  Also, you don't need to tell me that you should be pissed off if a Captain arrived unannounced to the Station"  James nodded as he wanted to let know the executive officer that the arrangements were fine.

He listed to his response towards the Strip Club Question.  Little did the Commander know how vital the information was.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 17, 2017, 11:14:18 AM

"Theres one, located on the lower decks. Landing Strip or something idiotic like that. It's a hot bed for criminal activity, always has been. Plucked more than a few criminals out of that place. Their dancers look like something from the backwoods if you catch my drift. Not my kind of place, their not my type and even if I wasn't married, I'd rather not."

James heard the Commander's response and merely nodded.  He just replied "Good, the places that I want to do.  Commander, I want to know evert strip bar in this station no matter how sketchy it is.  I will need that information ASAP.  I also need you to do a background check on everyone that has exotic dancer training.  If it's civilian and you can trust their discretion send them to me as soon as possible."  Thank you Commander, it is an order

Keeping his cover James merely continued saying "Y'know you  might have some pretty girls here"

As he finished, he heard the doors swoosh open and he saw another individual wearing red.  This individual was wearing a red uniform, and  four gold pips show up.  Hawke noticed the Captain as he arrived.

The individual addressed him and said

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 17, 2017, 02:34:07 PM

"Commander Tritter, thank you for welcoming our guest"

"Captain Hawke, I am Captain Malcolm Adeyemi. I am pleased that you have joined us."
"I assume that you have urgent business,"

Jame nodded and extended his hand and said "Thank you Captain Adeyemi, I know you are busy so I thank for making time to meet me "

James added "I don't know about you, but I hate writing those monthly reports, but let's get into business."

He took the Captain to the side and continued "This is Starfleet Security X Level,  I have reason to believe the Romulan Tal'shiar is doing something to control the Federation higher ups.  I do know that a drug can control individuals will is on your station.  I don't know the details, but I think we need to investigate.  I don't know if our investigations are related. But have you seen any unsual drugs recently?"

James then looked at the Captain and said "All right, I don't know the crew of this base but you do.  I need to you to assemble officers that you trust.  I have worked with T'Prina so she can be trusted, but I leave the detail to disseminate the information to your hands.  I did not want to give this information until I knew you were willing to help me..  I know that the fate of the Federation might be in our hands."

James placed his hand on his hips and continued "Captain, I am not here to tell you how to run your station.  At the contrary, I want to help.  But I don't know whom I can trust in this station.  I leave that to your discretion.  I will leave you to identify the officers that you feel comfortable, to give them further details.  I asked Commander Tritter to give me details of Civilians who we can trust and be exotic dancers. We need those too.  This is a very UNUSUAL operation."

As James said he continued "I would be careful, but we don't know who is involved in this scandal.  So I would appreciate keeping my involvement as a minimum"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Auzual Knox

[Command Deck]

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on October 17, 2017, 10:05:45 PM

He wasn't a fan of sitting in one place. He had  taken a seat at his desk to review a few things, he would than make his way to the Command Deck. The Station was buzzing with traffic, he proceeded to step inside the Command Deck, he than heard a loud "Commander on Deck!" He than stated "Carry on" A moment later, he felt a soft tug on his pant leg. The Executive Officer than turned around, he saw his young daughter standing behind him, she must have followed him. He than kneeled down to get at her level. The young girl was bright and bubbly, although she looked a bit on the sad side. He proceeded to scoop up the young child. He than leaned in and gave her a kiss on the forehead, despite his appearance, he was a doting and loving Dad.

He wrapped an arm around the young girl, she proceeded to nestle her head into her Dad's neck, he could tell she was sad and trying to not be too upset, he sighed quietly and said, "Honey, it is going to be ok" He was having a hard time himself, but he couldn't let her know that.

He than saw her look around and she said "Sorry Daddy" He replied with a calm "No worries Honey, but you can't stay here" He than turned to Knox "My apologies, I will be back" The young girl than turned to look towards her and than back to her Dad, "May I say hi to Miss Knox?" He chuckled quietly and than said "Thats up to Miss Knox" The young girl looked towards the Trill and waited for a reply from her.

Knox nodded by way of a greeting as the Commander entered. She wondered whether he wanted to resume command, though as soon as she thought it her answer came. Ashley had been following in her father's footsteps. She smiled as she watched them together. The tall gruff German man with the dearest of little girls.

"Carry on, Ensign."

Changing tone, Knox looked down towards the little girl.

"Hello Ashley. How are you today? All going well with your school work? Learnt of any new species of late? Would you like to sit with me here for a moment?"

The Captain's chair was huge and thus could easily accommodate the child. Knox awaited her response and then looked to the Commander. Debating how to tactfully ask how his daughter happened to find her way unaccompanied to the Command Deck.

"Did Ryan get off ok? Hope you are managing. Do let me know if you need any help."

And then quietly.

"Commander, do you know why we have the unexpected pleasure of Captain Hawke?"

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 18, 2017, 12:40:55 AM

[Docking Bay 12]

James looked at the large executive officer.  He nodded his response towards the offer of an office.  In reality, James needed neither he just responded. "Thank you, Commander, that is very generous of you.  I appreciate all the accommodations on my behalf.  Also, you don't need to tell me that you should be pissed off if a Captain arrived unannounced to the Station"  James nodded as he wanted to let know the executive officer that the arrangements were fine.

He listed to his response towards the Strip Club Question.  Little did the Commander know how vital the information was. James heard the Commander's response and merely nodded.  He just replied "Good, the places that I want to do.  Commander, I want to know evert strip bar in this station no matter how sketchy it is.  I will need that information ASAP.  I also need you to do a background check on everyone that has exotic dancer training.  If it's civilian and you can trust their discretion send them to me as soon as possible."  Thank you Commander, it is an order

Keeping his cover James merely continued saying "Y'know you  might have some pretty girls here"

As he finished, he heard the doors swoosh open and he saw another individual wearing red.  This individual was wearing a red uniform, and  four gold pips show up.  Hawke noticed the Captain as he arrived.

The individual addressed him and said

Jame nodded and extended his hand and said "Thank you Captain Adeyemi, I know you are busy so I thank for making time to meet me "

James added "I don't know about you, but I hate writing those monthly reports, but let's get into business."

He took the Captain to the side and continued "This is Starfleet Security X Level,  I have reason to believe the Romulan Tal'shiar is doing something to control the Federation higher ups.  I do know that a drug can control individuals will is on your station.  I don't know the details, but I think we need to investigate.  I don't know if our investigations are related. But have you seen any unsual drugs recently?"

James then looked at the Captain and said "All right, I don't know the crew of this base but you do.  I need to you to assemble officers that you trust.  I have worked with T'Prina so she can be trusted, but I leave the detail to disseminate the information to your hands.  I did not want to give this information until I knew you were willing to help me..  I know that the fate of the Federation might be in our hands."

James placed his hand on his hips and continued "Captain, I am not here to tell you how to run your station.  At the contrary, I want to help.  But I don't know whom I can trust in this station.  I leave that to your discretion.  I will leave you to identify the officers that you feel comfortable, to give them further details.  I asked Commander Tritter to give me details of Civilians who we can trust and be exotic dancers. We need those too.  This is a very UNUSUAL operation."

As James said he continued "I would be careful, but we don't know who is involved in this scandal.  So I would appreciate keeping my involvement as a minimum"

[Docking Bay 12]

It was a lot to take in. As Hawke spoke, Adeyemi slowly assumed a position of of rejecting what he was being told: arms folded across his chest and head cocked to the side. As the other man went on, Adeyemi's standard issue frown only deepened.

"With all due respect, captain, you come barging into my docking bay telling me that you have intelligence that the Romulans are controlling Federation officials via a mind controlling drug distributed by our dance clubs." The captain said, his distaste evident in his voice. He didn't like exotic dances any more than Commander Tritter, but his reasons were singularly different.

"And you expect me to put together an operations wherein our civilians and officers go undercover at a den of inequity. This is highly unusual, captain."

He hadn't made a decision, however. Adeyemi stared intensely at Hawke, frankly appraising, cogitating.

"I have no reason to believe you, but that you're a Starfleet officer. And this," Adeyemi showed him a PADD. "I had my aide pull your record, Captain Hawke. All reports indicate that you are more than a capable officer. That and..."

He pressed another PADD into Hawke's hand.

"We have had a rash of drug related deaths and crime lately." Adeyemi told him quietly, his frustration evident in his voice. This was his crew, his civilians, and he could not protect them from themselves. "We believe its the work of the Syndicate. They're the largest criminal element on the Station. Any attempts to investigate have lead to dead ends, violence, and even a few of our officers and civilian security being scared so badly they resigned. We have reason to believe they're headquarters is the Landing Strip, a strip club on the Lower Promenade. That and your credentials are enough for me. The Starbase Columbus is yours."

James A. Hawke

[Docking Bat 12]

Hawke looked at the tall man in front of him as took notice of his defensive posture.  James could not help but smile as he was attempting to convince the Station's CO of the situation.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 18, 2017, 03:04:58 PM

"With all due respect, captain, you come barging into my docking bay telling me that you have intelligence that the Romulans are controlling Federation officials via a mind controlling drug distributed by our dance clubs"

"And you expect me to put together an operations wherein our civilians and officers go undercover at a den of inequity. This is highly unusual, captain."

James reacted by smiling and looking down.  He bit his lip for a second and began responding.  "Well when you put it that way... it does sound crazy."

He looked at the Captain directly in the eye and attempted to explain the logic of the plan.  "Captain, sometimes you need to be unpredictable to succeed.  Starfleet intelligence reports that drug shipments are coming into the Station.  Now, I do know that the drugs are distributed at the Station.  But, there is a lot that I don't know.  Going undercover is the logical solution.  Starfleet typically goes undercover as smuggler, security or flight experts because our skills directly translate to those fields with little or no training.  On the other hand, Starfleet does not send their officers undercover as Exotic Dancers.  It's so outside the standard procedure that they won't expect it."  Usually, Hawke explained the logic of his plans to T'Ra after he started the execution.  Part of him imagined her giving him her typical Vulcan raised eyebrow judging him on his mental sanity.   This time he was explaining the logic prior.

"I have no reason to believe you, but that you're a Starfleet officer. And this," Adeyemi showed him a PADD. "I had my aide pull your record, Captain Hawke. All reports indicate that you are more than a capable officer. That and..."

James looked at Captain Adeyemi's PADD as handed over to him.  The first PADD showed his Starfleet record.  As he looked at it, he found a curious statement.  He read a comment about his proficiency of losing his shirt.  He gave a short smiled and commented: "Hey, it's not my fault that my shirt rips all the time.  But, other than that don't believe everything that you read."

He then looked at Captain Adeyemi and listened to him.

"We have had a rash of drug related deaths and crime lately."
"We believe its the work of the Syndicate. They're the largest criminal element on the Station. Any attempts to investigate have lead to dead ends, violence, and even a few of our officers and civilian security being scared so badly they resigned. We have reason to believe they're headquarters is the Landing Strip, a strip club on the Lower Promenade. That and your credentials are enough for me. The Starbase Columbus is yours."

James listened to the Captain as his tone of voice lowered.  He wondered if his investigation and the Syndicate are related.  It was apparently too early to draw a reasonable conclusion.  He looked at the toxicology report and noticed that it was a similar substance that was given to his intelligence report.

"The Intelligence report compound is similar to this toxicology report.  It would be logical to assume that they might be related.  But is not definitive proof."  James commented

He looked at the report of the Syndicate and was shocked how deadly it was.   James reminded himself how different it is managing a Station than a Starship.   "I can't say I am jealous of you running a Station.  I can't imagine how hard is it with people coming and going every hour.  I know that the Shran it's a State of the Art ship and is relatively big, but it's only a fraction of what you deal with here.  Captain, sometimes is good to shake things up, do something unpredictable.  If standard intelligence gathering is not working, let's go the other route.  I am asking for individuals that are willing to be exotic dancers or strippers, and I will be there with them every step of the way. I won't ask them to do something that I am not willing to do myself.  I will protect them like they were my own. "

James then suggested "Captain, if you agree to this.  I will listen to your recommendation of individuals.  But I do request that neither you or your executive officer be a stripper.  The Station Personel might recognize you.  I would just send them a messenger to let them know that they have been selected for an undercover mission, to dress as provocative as possible, come up with a stage name and we address each other solely by our stage name.  During the mission, no one included you should address me as Captain Hawke. James is fine"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on October 18, 2017, 02:09:12 PM

[Command Deck]

Knox nodded by way of a greeting as the Commander entered. She wondered whether he wanted to resume command, though as soon as she thought it her answer came. Ashley had been following in her father's footsteps. She smiled as she watched them together. The tall gruff German man with the dearest of little girls.

"Carry on, Ensign."

Changing tone, Knox looked down towards the little girl.

"Hello Ashley. How are you today? All going well with your school work? Learnt of any new species of late? Would you like to sit with me here for a moment?"

The Captain's chair was huge and thus could easily accommodate the child. Knox awaited her response and then looked to the Commander. Debating how to tactfully ask how his daughter happened to find her way unaccompanied to the Command Deck.

"Did Ryan get off ok? Hope you are managing. Do let me know if you need any help."

And then quietly.

"Commander, do you know why we have the unexpected pleasure of Captain Hawke?"

Tritter than kneeled down and let his Daughter go so she could go over and see Knox. She was one of his Daughter's favorites. She than grinned widely and carefully climbed into the Command Chair, while her Father kept a careful eye on her. She than stated "We are learning about caterpillars and how they turn into butterflies" Her tone was bright and bubbly.

Tritter knew how she did, it was hard to hear individual footsteps over the hustle and bustle of the station, as well as peoole naturally focused on him. But either way, he would talk with his Daughter later.

Tritter took a moment to ponder a reply to her next comment, it was the first time someone had asked about his own well being, so it suprised him. He than nodded slightly, his tone quieted down as he addressed it so it didn't carry too far, he replied with, "The concern is appreciated and I am not sure why he is here, I do have an assignment from him that I have to complete shortly" He kept a confident tone in the presence of the crew, but internally, he felt completly different.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.