S1-M9 Borg-ulon

Started by James A. Hawke, October 01, 2017, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 02, 2017, 04:55:40 PM

Ready Room

Kira entered into the ready room and walked towards a chair. The room was mostly empty, other than a single officer which she had seen on a couple of occasions. Kira knew that she was Russian but that was about as much as she knew. She sat down next to the woman and smiled. "Hello, I am Kira Wyman. I work in tactical, it's a pleasure to meet you." Kira finished.

Ready Room

Katcha unconsciously sat up a bit straighter as the door opened and a woman wearing the gold of Sec/Tac and Engineering entered. When the woman introduced herself, Katcha nodded in response.

"Please to meet you. I am Katcha Filitov, I am assigned to ze flight department." She returned the greeting with a small smile.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Kirok

[Crew Quarters]

Zex woke up in bed.  Here head was pounding.  No wonder since she had overexerted herself during the last mission.

'Sleep.  I just need more sleep' the Deltan said to herself.  So she closed her eyes and tried to get some more rest.  Planning to skip her morning exercise routine before her shift.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 02, 2017, 06:20:43 PM

Alyssa heard a familiar voice behind her, causing her to stop and look over her shoulder. She was almost to the briefing and she was already running late, but she was also curious to see who it was. So far nobody had really acknowledged her presence-- that was going to change shortly. When Alyssa made eye contact with Amynta, she flashed a genuine smile. "Oh, hey there." Alyssa said in a oddly warming tone of voice. "You going to the briefing too?"

"Yeah," Amynta answered, grinning back at her, "I guess since I was around for some of what happened last time, they decided I'm a little more important." She winked, laughing a little. She knew that she was important to the crew, but that didn't mean that she was important in a life or death, battle-type situation--which meant that she wouldn't usually be included in this type of thing. She was grateful to be involved; she had been worried that she'd be left out, since she was such a new member of the crew, and it felt nice to be a part of something important--even if it was nerve-wracking as well.

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

James A. Hawke

[USS-Shran - Captain's Ready Room]

James waited for a couple of seconds as he hoped he was being connected with the Admiral.
He heard a small message coming from his pin.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 02, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

=/\= Captain, this is Medical. Information has been sent. I am sending Dr. Meadows as she is the one that handled the operation. Medical out=/\=

James took a second and press his pin in response =/\= Acknowledged, send Dr. Meadows to the Briefing Room =/\=

James took a second and looked at the data.  Most of the information could not be sent via open channels.

Within a couple of seconds, he observed the Logo of the Discovery on his personal computer and the image of the Discovery appeared.

There was a familiar face in front of him.

Quote from: Kirok on October 02, 2017, 03:49:26 PM

[Bridge of Discovery]
"Mr. Hawke.  It is agreeable to speak with you.  The circumstances are unfortunate.  What else can you tell us" he said.

James noticed that he was on the bridge of his Starship.  It was not that long ago that he was on the bridge of the Shran.

He first initiated with the proper diplomatic protocol

"Admiral, Live Long and Prosper.  It's good seeing you again, Sir.  It's been a while.  I already sent you an initial report.  There some details that I have omitted from the report for security reasons and I'm uncomfortable talking about them on a channel. We have lost track of the Romulans, but we have uncovered some interesting data including how they are using Borg Tech to achieve their goals.  We should gather up and search for the Romulans.  I think you might agree with me, that our first priority is to locate them"  James said

He then smiled and said "C'mon Admiral, it'll be fun, we should do it for old time sake.  Also with your logic and my blind luck y'never know. We might be lucky" James commented.

He then sent coordinates "My gut tells me we should start at the coordinates sent to you.  It's not logical, but hear me out.  The Romulans follow some logic, so this coordinates fits their initial requirement and should be hard to find.  If they know you are chasing them or most Federation Captain you being with logical choices to stall time.  So to put in in human terms, we are looking for criminals.  So I took the nice bars out and began my search on dive bars.  I know it's not scientific, but hey it's a start.  I am sure Commander Jones would love to coordinate with your crew the search with your science department"  James replied

Click on the Badge to see bio

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Inzjana on October 02, 2017, 07:32:36 AM

Inzjana looked up from her screen sensing T'Ra's presence before she spoke, "Aye ma'am" Inzjana replied, a little confused by the request, with vector algorithms and subspace metrics still running through her head as stood to follow the Commander.

[Science Labs ---> Ready Room]

Her fellow Vulcan's reply was almost mechanical in manner, as if T'Ra had disturrbed her from some deep thought that continued to linger, something that she understood all too well herself. Much had been weighing on her own mind lately, unresolved problems and new ones that were only just starting to spring up. But she pushed all of this aside, posing a question to their new science officer in hopes to get reacquainted with her old mentor.

"It has been some years since we last met," T'Ra commented at last. "It is good to serve with you again. I hope life has treated you well enough since our time aboard the Churchill."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 02, 2017, 11:28:54 PM

"Yeah," Amynta answered, grinning back at her, "I guess since I was around for some of what happened last time, they decided I'm a little more important." She winked, laughing a little. She knew that she was important to the crew, but that didn't mean that she was important in a life or death, battle-type situation--which meant that she wouldn't usually be included in this type of thing. She was grateful to be involved; she had been worried that she'd be left out, since she was such a new member of the crew, and it felt nice to be a part of something important--even if it was nerve-wracking as well.

[Cooridor -> Ready Room]
Alyssa smiled again. Is she trying to be nice or is she being genuine about it? Either way, Alyssa wouldn't question it too much. She needed all the friends she could get, especially with what she had found out a little bit ago.

Since that time, some things had happened. She had the urge to reach out to one of her father's friends to see if they knew more, specifically Ralen...if he was still alive.

"I don't think we had a chance to really break the ice last time. Well, at least not 'properly.'" Alyssa remarked. "Would you like to get some coffee after this?"

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Inzjana

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 03, 2017, 12:39:40 AM

[Science Labs ---> Ready Room]

Her fellow Vulcan's reply was almost mechanical in manner, as if T'Ra had disturbed her from some deep thought that continued to linger, something that she understood all too well herself. Much had been weighing on her own mind lately, unresolved problems and new ones that were only just starting to spring up. But she pushed all of this aside, posing a question to their new science officer in hopes to get reacquainted with her old mentor.

"It has been some years since we last met," T'Ra commented at last. "It is good to serve with you again. I hope life has treated you well enough since our time aboard the Churchill."

SCIENCE LABS ---> READY ROOM

Inzjana attentively listened to her fellow Vulcan and although as a general rule, Vulcans are a very private people and do not talk about their lives, she still longed to tell someone about the whole year missing from her memory, a year that she nor anyone else could account for, except for on the many occasions she awoke with what humans term as nightmares - although that particular metaphor and many other irrational vernacular humans seem to use on a constant basis was beyond her understanding - and if Vulcans could sweat she would have been drenched.

She tried to maintain her usual stoic composure, "It is also agreeable to see you as well Commander," she said, "life is life".

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

William Waring

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 02, 2017, 02:29:09 AM

[CSO's Office]

Now that the pregnancy was getting a little further along, Evan had been badgering her to spend more time away from the "stress" and crazy antics that often occurred on the bridge. T'Ra knew he spoke only out of concern for her and their child, but she also knew that if she did not appease him to some extent on this, that he would go to Chief Medical Officer Smithe to have her duties lightened or altogether removed. It was no matter. She needed to get caught up on paperwork for the science department anyways. She was of a mind to appoint someone else to be the DH, perhaps Inzjana if things went well.

=^=Aye, sir,=^= she replied, tapping her comm badge, setting aside the padd that had been in her other hand. She paused briefly to let the channel close before tapping it again. =^=Attention all senior officers, please report to the ready room for a briefing.=^=

Pushing her chair back, T'Ra stood and made her way out of her office and into the main part of the science labs. "Inzjana," she called, "I'd like you to be present for the briefing." She had worked with the officer before and was keen to see her take on the situation.

[Bridge Á¢â,¬"> Ready Room]

Will heard the call and, like his fellow Bridge Officer, left his post to a MCPO before departing for the Ready Room.

Once inside Will found himself a seat but decided against any pleasantries for the moment. Instead he drank from his ever present coffee mug and waited for the meeting to begin.

RESERVED

Kirok

Quote from: James A. Hawke on October 03, 2017, 12:21:54 AM

[USS-Shran - Captain's Ready Room]

James waited for a couple of seconds as he hoped he was being connected with the Admiral.
He heard a small message coming from his pin.

James took a second and press his pin in response =/\= Acknowledged, send Dr. Meadows to the Briefing Room =/\=

James took a second and looked at the data.  Most of the information could not be sent via open channels.

Within a couple of seconds, he observed the Logo of the Discovery on his personal computer and the image of the Discovery appeared.

There was a familiar face in front of him.

James noticed that he was on the bridge of his Starship.  It was not that long ago that he was on the bridge of the Shran.

He first initiated with the proper diplomatic protocol

"Admiral, Live Long and Prosper.  It's good seeing you again, Sir.  It's been a while.  I already sent you an initial report.  There some details that I have omitted from the report for security reasons and I'm uncomfortable talking about them on a channel. We have lost track of the Romulans, but we have uncovered some interesting data including how they are using Borg Tech to achieve their goals.  We should gather up and search for the Romulans.  I think you might agree with me, that our first priority is to locate them"  James said

He then smiled and said "C'mon Admiral, it'll be fun, we should do it for old time sake.  Also with your logic and my blind luck y'never know. We might be lucky" James commented.

He then sent coordinates "My gut tells me we should start at the coordinates sent to you.  It's not logical, but hear me out.  The Romulans follow some logic, so this coordinates fits their initial requirement and should be hard to find.  If they know you are chasing them or most Federation Captain you being with logical choices to stall time.  So to put in in human terms, we are looking for criminals.  So I took the nice bars out and began my search on dive bars.  I know it's not scientific, but hey it's a start.  I am sure Commander Jones would love to coordinate with your crew the search with your science department"  James replied

[Bridge - Discovery]

Kirok lifted his right hand and gave his customary reply.  "Long Life and Peace" he said.  Then he dropped his hand to his side and began to listen.

When James mentioned his concern about sharing information over the channel, Kirok considered putting the conversation on hold.  Then having the hale transferred to the privacy of his ready room.  But ultimately James had continued, so the transferring the hale became unnecessary.

So, Kirok followed along.  Nodding where appropriated.  He didn't really understand the dive bar reference, but had to assume that it was a low rent establishment that he would not likely visit.  Despite that, Hawke made sense.

"I agree that a search is the logical place to start.  And we can meet at the coordinates you send.  Question though, have you contacted the Romulan Government?" Kirok asked pointedly.

"If not, I would suggest we hold off on doing so.  If only to prevent them from knowing our intent to commence a search.  And to prevent them possibly from informing those on the vessel that we are coming" the half Vulcan explained.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 02, 2017, 07:01:21 PM

Ready Room

Katcha unconsciously sat up a bit straighter as the door opened and a woman wearing the gold of Sec/Tac and Engineering entered. When the woman introduced herself, Katcha nodded in response.

"Please to meet you. I am Katcha Filitov, I am assigned to ze flight department." She returned the greeting with a small smile.

Conference Room

Kira nodded at the woman and smiled. "It's strange that all essential personnel were ordered to come to the meeting. I could understand a department head briefing, but everyone? The situation must be ramping up." Kira looked at Kachina. "Sorry if I sound as though I'm rambling." Kira looked over to Will, who'd just arrived in the room and gave a nod. She'd worked with him in the past, on the Chin'Toka. The fleet seemed to have lost all of the people she knew from her time on the Chin'Toka, most of the people she knew had vanished. However, the amount of new people in the fleet almost made it feel refreshing, she was glad to see so many new faces.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 03, 2017, 05:39:50 PM

Conference Room

Kira nodded at the woman and smiled. "It's strange that all essential personnel were ordered to come to the meeting. I could understand a department head briefing, but everyone? The situation must be ramping up." Kira looked at Kachina. "Sorry if I sound as though I'm rambling." Kira looked over to Will, who'd just arrived in the room and gave a nod. She'd worked with him in the past, on the Chin'Toka. The fleet seemed to have lost all of the people she knew from her time on the Chin'Toka, most of the people she knew had vanished. However, the amount of new people in the fleet almost made it feel refreshing, she was glad to see so many new faces.

Quote from: William Waring on October 03, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

[Bridge Á¢â,¬"> Ready Room]

Will heard the call and, like his fellow Bridge Officer, left his post to a MCPO before departing for the Ready Room.

Once inside Will found himself a seat but decided against any pleasantries for the moment. Instead he drank from his ever present coffee mug and waited for the meeting to begin.

Briefing Room

Katcha nodded in agreement.

"Da, it is very peculiar. I vonder vy ve have been all asked to attend. Vell, I'm sure ve vill find out." She remarked, nodding at Will who was seated drinking his ever-present cup of coffee

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Fala Awen

[Main Engineering, Chief Engineer's Office]

Once again Caelene found herself sitting in her office, staring at a stack of PADDs. Paperwork wasn't exactly her favorite thing to do - she would rather be tinkering with equipment or some new technology - but it was a necessary evil. At least in this case it was actually some good news.

During the Shran's...fun...with the Romulans during their mission, the Engineering department had finally been able to nail down the issue with the replicators. All replicators were now functioning properly; no more orange jell-o, unless someone specifically requested it. And Caelene was fairly certain that the holodeck systems were sorted out as well.

The Trill was about to pick up the next PADD when her comm badge chirped.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on October 02, 2017, 12:24:51 AM

=/\= "Hey Caelene, could you help me fix the Flyer? I might be good with tools, but I'm a pilot, not an engineer, Y'know?."=/\=

So much for everything being in good shape. Still, it meant she didn't have to do paperwork for the time being. Caelene tapped her comm badge to reply, =/ \= "Of course, Ardyn. I'll get my kit and meet you there." =/ \=

[Hangar Bay Two]

Toolkit in hand, Caelene walked through the doors to Hangar Bay Two and glanced around before spotting the Chief Flight Control Officer next to a Delta Flyer in need of some attention. Nodding to Ardyn, she made her way over and slowly circled around the damaged Flyer.

Pausing near the woman in red, she said, "I take it you found some...obstacles while flying that were unavoidable? Were there any issues with controls or computer systems during the flight? Either way, we can still run diagnostics on the systems, but if there's anything I should know beforehand, that would be useful."

Caelene knelt down to open up her toolkit while listening to Ardyn's reply, but before she could respond further, her comm badge chirped again, as did Ardyn's.

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on October 02, 2017, 02:29:09 AM

[CSO's Office]
She paused briefly to let the channel close before tapping it again. =^=Attention all senior officers, please report to the ready room for a briefing.=^=

Her eyes moved to meet Ardyn's. "Sounds like we'll have to investigate further later. I'll have another engineer come and run some initial diagnostics; we can continue after the briefing or once we finish whatever tasks we end up with," Caelene suggested as she closed her toolkit again and stood.

[Ready Room]

The two Senior Officers arrived at the Ready Room in good time and Caelene stepped through the door first. Several of the other officers were already present, including a couple that she hadn't had the opportunity to meet yet. Although the Ready Room was rather spacious, it was quickly filling up due to the sheer number of people arriving.

Uncertain as to where Ardyn wished to stand, Caelene gently nudged her elbow and nodded to a spot to the left. As Second Officer, the Trill partly felt she should introduce herself, but if James and T'Ra were keen to get the meeting started, she didn't want to cause a delay. Instead, she gave a small smile and nod to the officers she did recognize.

OFF: Tag Ardyn & others at briefing

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

William Waring

Quote from: Kira Wyman on October 03, 2017, 05:39:50 PM

Conference Room

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on October 03, 2017, 05:45:37 PM

Briefing Room

Katcha nodded in agreement.

"Da, it is very peculiar. I vonder vy ve have been all asked to attend. Vell, I'm sure ve vill find out." She remarked, nodding at Will who was seated drinking his ever-present cup of coffee

[Briefing/Conference/Whatever-it-is Room]

Will noticed the nods of his fellow officers and stood up to move towards them. After all, he didn't want to be rude after two clearly defined nods at him.

"Ms Filitov" He said returning the nod to the helmswoman "And Ms Wyman, it's been a while." He said, outstreching his hand "I hope all has been well since the last time we served together?"

RESERVED

Amynta Lianez

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on October 03, 2017, 07:40:21 AM

[Cooridor -> Ready Room]
Alyssa smiled again. Is she trying to be nice or is she being genuine about it? Either way, Alyssa wouldn't question it too much. She needed all the friends she could get, especially with what she had found out a little bit ago.

Since that time, some things had happened. She had the urge to reach out to one of her father's friends to see if they knew more, specifically Ralen...if he was still alive.

"I don't think we had a chance to really break the ice last time. Well, at least not 'properly.'" Alyssa remarked. "Would you like to get some coffee after this?"

[Ready Room]
To the counselor, Alyssa seemed to be a fairly cautious person, at least as far as interpersonal relationships, so she was more than a bit  startled by the offer. Still, her immediate response was a bright smile and eager nod. "That would be fantastic; I was actually hoping we'd get to chat sometime without being dragged into a mess of green blood and who knows what from our missions." She wiggled her fingers as she said 'mess' and laughed. They had certainly gotten their hands messy last time, and she'd be glad to have a few minutes to relax and make a friend if she could. "I'll warn you though, as much as I love coffee I'm a total wimp who drinks it with more milk than coffee. I hope you can forgive me."

Species: Trill (Unjoined)
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."  Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Amynta Lianez on October 03, 2017, 08:17:46 PM

[Ready Room]
To the counselor, Alyssa seemed to be a fairly cautious person, at least as far as interpersonal relationships, so she was more than a bit  startled by the offer. Still, her immediate response was a bright smile and eager nod. "That would be fantastic; I was actually hoping we'd get to chat sometime without being dragged into a mess of green blood and who knows what from our missions." She wiggled her fingers as she said 'mess' and laughed. They had certainly gotten their hands messy last time, and she'd be glad to have a few minutes to relax and make a friend if she could. "I'll warn you though, as much as I love coffee I'm a total wimp who drinks it with more milk than coffee. I hope you can forgive me."

[Ready Room]
Alyssa chuckled. "Well, let's hope you aren't lactose intolerant than. Most people don't realize they are until I hunt them down for a physical." There was a sparkle in her eye when she said that. Boy did she love giving physicals.

With a nod, Alyssa turned to the rest of the party and awaited further instruction.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.