Author Topic: Columbus Stories 1.3 - Pleasing Forms  (Read 15939 times)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Columbus Stories 1.3 - Pleasing Forms
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 09:55:14 pm »
[Puzzles]

A few minutes later, Xander thought he had heard a little girl's voice. He wandered along the edge of the room, still muttering, when he heard it again. What was she called again? ANaLYN? "ANaLYN? Ana? You there?.. Ana, it's Dr. Dorset from the lab. I put on a costume for you... Aaaaaaaana?" He definitely heard something now. Was that... Latin?

He peeked into a closet and found the fashionable mummy, holding a strange book, chanting, and surrounded by an unnaturally cold, sort of spooky fog. He froze in the doorway, emitting a strangled, "Ana? What's going on?"

[NPC Post - ANaLYN]

The man was dressed in a skirt, but Analyn didn't laugh or even make a note of it. She usually wore skirts or dresses and sometimes she wore pants. Why should it be any different for a boy?

"You're pwettyAnd handsome. Hey, my name is Analyn. What's yours!?Here's the funny book. A man and a woman were wrestling in here and he dropped it! She was dressed like Lil Bo Peep and he was dressed like...like...

"Funny looking, idn't he?!

Offline Johannes Kentrat

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Probationer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 10:29:15 pm »
[Operations]

Done. So done. All this elaborate effects to what, scare the crew? Was this tradition? Wasn't this a massive misuse of Starfleet manpower? But to throw something like this, you'd need to have the power and coordination power that either the CO or the XO, and Adeyemi certainly didn't seem like the type to do something like this.

His suspicion almost immediately turned on his (for now faceless) XO. Why would he need the cadet so readily? Perhaps he had something in mind that an expendable crewman could perform.

He motioned wordlessly to another crewman in gold with the confidence of a man who's collar was quite heavier than his. Certainly, this was one time it could be forgiven.

[CO's Office]

Knock, knock came the firm rapping of the Cadet. He was not particularly used to call buttons yet. Once the door opened, he'd take up a bit of wall right by it, keeping out of the way of the others the XO had called. His eyes seemed to be brighter than the ambient lighting, just enough to be noticeable. He stood silently, not even introducing himself.He would keep the unnecessary pleasantries to a minimum.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2017, 01:34:52 pm »
[ Puzzles ]

Jenna and Molly knew that they would be needed by Dan at any second, but wanted to continue to have a good time. They had their combadges hidden so that if needed, they could easily respond. "That sounds fun. We just need to be ready if Dan needs us. We apologize in advance if we need to dip early," Molly said. Jenna nodded in reply to what Molly said. "I'd also like to remember this evening. Though there's nothing wrong with a little bit of liquid confidence. I haven't played to a crowd that big in a while," Jenna said.

[Puzzles]

Leanna smiled when Jenna and Molly agreed to join her and Seamus and of course understood if they were suddenly called away after all she knew enough about Starfleet and how duty always came first. " That's okay I completely understand with that " she replied pausing to take another sip of her drink as Jenna spoke about the evening and how she hadn't played to a crowd like that in ages.

" I want to remember it too and I agree there's nothing wrong with a bit of liquid confidence and I'm glad you got the chance to Jenna, I must admit its been a while since I last sung and I'm happy that you pulled me up on stage".

Offline Xander Dorset

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2017, 05:09:32 pm »
[NPC Post - ANaLYN]

The man was dressed in a skirt, but Analyn didn't laugh or even make a note of it. She usually wore skirts or dresses and sometimes she wore pants. Why should it be any different for a boy?

"You're pwettyAnd handsome. Hey, my name is Analyn. What's yours!?Here's the funny book. A man and a woman were wrestling in here and he dropped it! She was dressed like Lil Bo Peep and he was dressed like...like...

"Funny looking, idn't he?!

[Demon Closet of Doom]

Xander opened his mouth to respond, then closed it as ANaLYN went on without him. He watched the little girl thing with his eyebrows slightly raised in confusion, but they came together in a furrow as she held a book out towards him. The cover was weird enough with the inverted star and strange, archaic script. And then there were the unusual dots spattering the cover. They almost looked like... Freckles? His jaw opened and closed as he stared at the book, but no words were coming out. It's human skin. Human. Skin. Those are freckles. Someone skinned a ruddy ginger and made a book out of his face. Oh God, and the little girl's just holding it. Do I take it away? Do I-

When she flipped to the drawing, and he got a look at the nightmarish thing, Xander couldn't stop himself from muttering, "What the He-" before cutting himself off. As far as he knew, "Hell" might not be that far from the truth. It was like one of those stupid stories his Gram used to tell him. He logically knew it was probably some sort of stupid Halloween ruse cooked up by a crewman with too much time on their hands... But that was definitely human skin, and that was definitely a drawing of something from a land of fire and brimstone.

He cleared his voice and stepped a bit closer to the AI, "He's... Very funny. I'm sure. If you define funny as 'the stuff of nightmares.'" He unwrapped a short length of tartan from his ensemble and grabbed the book from the girl's hands with it, not wanting to actually touch the thing, but feeling responsible to keep it away from the little girl computer thing. It was at that moment that his comm badge sounded with a summons to the Commander's office.

"What nooooooow?" He groaned as he glanced down at the book wrapped up in his kilt and the pink mummy next to him. At least now I can hand this spooky business off to someone else. "What do you say, Ana? Wanna come with me to visit the Commander?" He offered her a dashing grin as he knelt down next to her. "I'm new to the base after all, and I could really use a guide... Especially one as knowledgeable and fashionable as yourself." Xander hoped the flattery worked and the girl agreed to come with him; it would be the easiest way to keep track of her, and, who knows, maybe she somehow managed to see something useful in there.
nothing

Offline Jenna McKinson

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2017, 08:40:50 pm »
[Puzzles]

Leanna smiled when Jenna and Molly agreed to join her and Seamus and of course understood if they were suddenly called away after all she knew enough about Starfleet and how duty always came first. " That's okay I completely understand with that " she replied pausing to take another sip of her drink as Jenna spoke about the evening and how she hadn't played to a crowd like that in ages.

" I want to remember it too and I agree there's nothing wrong with a bit of liquid confidence and I'm glad you got the chance to Jenna, I must admit its been a while since I last sung and I'm happy that you pulled me up on stage".

[ Puzzles ]

"That song was her choice. I said she gave you an easy song"Molly said. Jenna chuckled. "I saved the harder song there giraffe," she said. "Whatever you say shrimp,"Molly said in retort. Jenna stuck her tongue out and Molly just laughed. Jenna turned around for a moment and Molly playfully kissed her on the cheek. When Jenna tried to retaliate with a kiss back, Molly denied her standing up. Jenna smirked as she stood on her chair and then she kissed Molly. It was a brief one with no chance of Molly getting to kiss her back. "You may be taller, but I am quicker," Jenna said with a wink. The two then both laughed and asked for a shot of tequilla in unison. This caused them to blush.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2017, 12:19:49 am »
[Location: Executive Officer's Office]

Tritter had waited for them to trickle in, a few of them were missing. He wagered that some of them were involved in handling their visitors. He waited for each of them to walk in. Although he did have to play the role of "parent" if you will, telling their AI that unfortunately this was a non-fun grown up discussion, and he managed to persuade her by convincing her that it would be boring. Having two young children himself, Tritter was excellent at handling such things.

Once that task was completed. He made his way back to the center of the room, he than proceeded to address them. "Thank you arriving in a prompt fashion. I'm going to keep this short, as there is a fairly serious situation developing at this time. I am going to allow my Husband Ryan to explain, as he brings a very... unique skill set to the table. He is here with Captain Ayedemi's blessing"

Tritter than stepped slightly to the side as the other man approached. His demeanor was more light-hearted  and easy going when compared to his much more serious spouse. Ryan than took a moment to look around, he only knew of one of them, the Trill from the festival. He than waited a moment before he spoke, "The visitors we have that are causing our environmental and other issues, were summoned here, either on purpose or on accident, a clear answer for that I do not have. But what I know is this, they are dark energy, consisting of what one often calls Poltergeists, they are dark beings who wish us harm. And it is not something to take lightly, as they do wish to harm us" He than paused a moment allowing the thoughts to sink in before he would add further to it.

He than added the following "I was asked to help because I can communicate with them, however they are not likely to listen. The hocus pocus stuff most of you have heard does not work. However, one can gain the upper hand. The first thing we need to do is find out how they got here, thats something I can handle." He than looked to Tritter, who once again stepped forward, as Ryan had asked him to give directions to the crew "It was explained to me that if they realize that they can't harm us or mess with our systems, Ryan can help spur them to leave, as harming us is fun to them. But we will need Engineering's help to insulate our system, as well as repair any system damage. Security and Tactial will assist with keeping order. Medical is in charge of casualty control, as we may have people being harmed by them when we attempt to force them out. Operations will advise Starfleet and document the events, and forward to myself for review. Science will analyze our visitor and assist with removing them from the base. Lieutenant Knox, if you can carry the directives to Engineering, namely Lieutenant Commander Howell and Lieutenant McKinson who were unable to join us, that would be appreciated Now, let's go take care of this."

Tritter would wait for them to leave, he stopped his Husband from leaving by grabbing putting his large right hand on their left shoulder, he stated the following "Be careful", he would make them promise to do so before he would let them leave.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2017, 10:15:26 am »
[ Puzzles ]

"That song was her choice. I said she gave you an easy song"Molly said. Jenna chuckled. "I saved the harder song there giraffe," she said. "Whatever you say shrimp,"Molly said in retort. Jenna stuck her tongue out and Molly just laughed. Jenna turned around for a moment and Molly playfully kissed her on the cheek. When Jenna tried to retaliate with a kiss back, Molly denied her standing up. Jenna smirked as she stood on her chair and then she kissed Molly. It was a brief one with no chance of Molly getting to kiss her back. "You may be taller, but I am quicker," Jenna said with a wink. The two then both laughed and asked for a shot of tequilla in unison. This caused them to blush.

[Puzzles]

" Oh really well I'm sure if she gives me a harder song next time I'll be up for the challenge " Leanna replied teasingly loving the banter between her, Jenna and Molly. She also loved the way the two acted around each other with their teasing and playfulness and she could see why they were well suited to one another as partners and as friends. 

" You two are just adorable " she said after they had shared playful kisses and ordered their drinks then Seamus joined in.

" I agree with Lea, you are adorable and as for my boss over here, you should of seen her when she sang every week, the crowd loved her" He said as Leanna stuck her tongue out at him before ordering another round of drinks.

"Girls you need to try these cocktails and I think Jenna and Molly should give it a name".

" Now that I agree with" Leanna remarked as she finished the drink in front of her.

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2017, 10:28:44 am »
[Demon Closet of Doom]

Xander opened his mouth to respond, then closed it as ANaLYN went on without him. He watched the little girl thing with his eyebrows slightly raised in confusion, but they came together in a furrow as she held a book out towards him. The cover was weird enough with the inverted star and strange, archaic script. And then there were the unusual dots spattering the cover. They almost looked like... Freckles? His jaw opened and closed as he stared at the book, but no words were coming out. It's human skin. Human. Skin. Those are freckles. Someone skinned a ruddy ginger and made a book out of his face. Oh God, and the little girl's just holding it. Do I take it away? Do I-

When she flipped to the drawing, and he got a look at the nightmarish thing, Xander couldn't stop himself from muttering, "What the He-" before cutting himself off. As far as he knew, "Hell" might not be that far from the truth. It was like one of those stupid stories his Gram used to tell him. He logically knew it was probably some sort of stupid Halloween ruse cooked up by a crewman with too much time on their hands... But that was definitely human skin, and that was definitely a drawing of something from a land of fire and brimstone.

He cleared his voice and stepped a bit closer to the AI, "He's... Very funny. I'm sure. If you define funny as 'the stuff of nightmares.'" He unwrapped a short length of tartan from his ensemble and grabbed the book from the girl's hands with it, not wanting to actually touch the thing, but feeling responsible to keep it away from the little girl computer thing. It was at that moment that his comm badge sounded with a summons to the Commander's office.

"What nooooooow?" He groaned as he glanced down at the book wrapped up in his kilt and the pink mummy next to him. At least now I can hand this spooky business off to someone else. "What do you say, Ana? Wanna come with me to visit the Commander?" He offered her a dashing grin as he knelt down next to her. "I'm new to the base after all, and I could really use a guide... Especially one as knowledgeable and fashionable as yourself." Xander hoped the flattery worked and the girl agreed to come with him; it would be the easiest way to keep track of her, and, who knows, maybe she somehow managed to see something useful in there.

[NPC Post - ANaLYN]

[Demon Closet of Doom]

Analyn looked at him, eyes narrowed. And then just as easily as that, the little girl trusted him. The fact that she could have morphed into an eight foot tall Tarkalin razor beast or turned off all the gravity on the Station did not seem to occur to her. Like many children, she made snap decisions about the adults around her, and her instincts were usually dead on. She grabbed his hand.

"Let's go!"

Tritter had waited for them to trickle in, a few of them were missing. He wagered that some of them were involved in handling their visitors. He waited for each of them to walk in. Although he did have to play the role of "parent" if you will, telling their AI that unfortunately this was a non-fun grown up discussion, and he managed to persuade her by convincing her that it would be boring. Having two young children himself, Tritter was excellent at handling such things.

Once that task was completed. He made his way back to the center of the room, he than proceeded to address them. "Thank you arriving in a prompt fashion. I'm going to keep this short, as there is a fairly serious situation developing at this time. I am going to allow my Husband Ryan to explain, as he brings a very... unique skill set to the table. He is here with Captain Ayedemi's blessing"

Tritter than stepped slightly to the side as the other man approached. His demeanor was more light-hearted  and easy going when compared to his much more serious spouse. Ryan than took a moment to look around, he only knew of one of them, the Trill from the festival. He than waited a moment before he spoke, "The visitors we have that are causing our environmental and other issues, were summoned here, either on purpose or on accident, a clear answer for that I do not have. But what I know is this, they are dark energy, consisting of what one often calls Poltergeists, they are dark beings who wish us harm. And it is not something to take lightly, as they do wish to harm us" He than paused a moment allowing the thoughts to sink in before he would add further to it.

He than added the following "I was asked to help because I can communicate with them, however they are not likely to listen. The hocus pocus stuff most of you have heard does not work. However, one can gain the upper hand. The first thing we need to do is find out how they got here, thats something I can handle." He than looked to Tritter, who once again stepped forward, as Ryan had asked him to give directions to the crew "It was explained to me that if they realize that they can't harm us or mess with our systems, Ryan can help spur them to leave, as harming us is fun to them. But we will need Engineering's help to insulate our system, as well as repair any system damage. Security and Tactial will assist with keeping order. Medical is in charge of casualty control, as we may have people being harmed by them when we attempt to force them out. Operations will advise Starfleet and document the events, and forward to myself for review. Science will analyze our visitor and assist with removing them from the base. Lieutenant Knox, if you can carry the directives to Engineering, namely Lieutenant Commander Howell and Lieutenant McKinson who were unable to join us, that would be appreciated Now, let's go take care of this."

Tritter would wait for them to leave, he stopped his Husband from leaving by grabbing putting his large right hand on their left shoulder, he stated the following "Be careful", he would make them promise to do so before he would let them leave.

[CO's Office]

Adeyemi had crossed his arms and allowed his XO to run the proceedings. When they were complete, he favored Tritter with a tight nod, the most tacit sign of approval. The two men were very different but had similar bearings and attitudes towards their work.

"Analyn, I need your help on this one," The captain said, a touch grudgingly. Skilled as though she may be, he didn't like having to rely on the AI for much.

"You," Adeyemi said, pointing at Dorset. "Ensign. You and Analyn and Lieutenant T'Prina seem to get along. She's your responsibility for this mission. While Tritter and I are working the supernatural and the spiritual, I need your department working the scientific."

Offline Xander Dorset

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2017, 06:20:12 pm »
[CO's Office]

As Xander listened to the Commander, and then his husband, speak, he could feel his expression of skepticism slowly fade. Not that he believed in any of this, of course. He believed in science, fact... But would he be a scientist if he didn't even entertain this hypothesis?

Having successfully rationalized his superstitious concerns, Xander moved over to the Commander and his husband as the others started filing out. He nodded to each of them before bluntly beginning, "You want to know what summoned those things, right?" He stuck his hand out, still holding the skin-bound book wrapped within his tartan. "ANaLYN found it in a closet at the bar, where she interrupted someone who looked like..." He flicked his wrist so that the book flipped open to where his tartan had marked the page the AI had shown him. "This." He paused, considering his words carefully. "This whole thing might be a weird coincidence, might not. But the book is bound in human skin, so even if it's not related, you've still got a ginger missing a face somewhere." He set the book on the table next to them and made to leave for the lab. Interpreting spooky books was outside of his job description.

Before he could leave, however, a man who appeared to be the Captain of this Starbase addressed him.

[CO's Office]

Adeyemi had crossed his arms and allowed his XO to run the proceedings. When they were complete, he favored Tritter with a tight nod, the most tacit sign of approval. The two men were very different but had similar bearings and attitudes towards their work.

"Analyn, I need your help on this one," The captain said, a touch grudgingly. Skilled as though she may be, he didn't like having to rely on the AI for much.

"You," Adeyemi said, pointing at Dorset. "Ensign. You and Analyn and Lieutenant T'Prina seem to get along. She's your responsibility for this mission. While Tritter and I are working the supernatural and the spiritual, I need your department working the scientific."

Alexander's mouth opened his mouth to complain about being saddled with babysitting duty again, but a quick glance over the Captain told him all he needed to know about how effective that would be. Inclining his head in a stiff nod, he ground out a vague affirmation, then offered his hand to the young AI. Somehow, despite his general grumpiness, he still offered the girl a tender smile. "What do you say? You, Mama 'Prina, and I can go do some science experiments?"

[Main Lab]

Xander didn't bother changing out of his costume, sitting on the edge of a table as he looked to T'Prina in question. "So what do we know about these things? Did they give us any useful information or just leave us in the dark in normal Starfleet fashion?"
nothing

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2017, 07:57:10 pm »
[Executive Officer's Office]

As Knox entered the XO's quarters a cold chill ran down her spine. However, on seeing Ryan she felt instantly better. Though, there was something very wrong. As the Commander spoke, Knox began to see lights flicker, strange white whirls in the corners of her vision.

"We are here. We are here. We are here."

Knox slightly coughed a little clearing her throat and swallowed as the Commander discussed the situation with the energy that had a bad will against the Station.

We? Poltergeists?

A moment later, she heard her orders, to carry out the directives in Engineering. The Commander stressed the importance of insulating our systems.

As they were dismissed, Knox nodded to Ryan and answered the Commander.

"Supernatural forces have once been reported on the Enterprise D, Commander. Though nothing quite to this extent. But unfortunately, Commander, StarFleet do not have any protocols for Poltergeists. In any case Engineering shall be protected."

"I would not be so sure about that. Not at all."

"Commander."

Knox nodded and left the room.

=/\= Knox to Commander Howell. Meet me in main Engineering. =/\=

=/\= Knox to Lt. McKinson. Get sober and meet me in Engineering. Bring your friend, too. =/\=

She thought it was better to have as many hands on deck as possible.

Time for a quick change, I think.

"You cannot stop us. We are here.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Offline Thomas Jett

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Three year award Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »
[Puzzles]

Jett look around as he noticed the people were having fun. He looked at T'Prina and listed to her words.

"You were married and I suppose it is only natural for mated couples to eventually consider the possibility of offspring. It is a common enough urge throughout many species. I myself was never overly concerned with the idea. It seemed, superfluous."

"It is logical, however to consider what is happening now, and what you want the future to be, rather than dwelling on the past. I too have memories that are... difficult. But I am here, and I continue to move forward because I choose to."

"Besides, you are not so old that you would be unable to father a child, if you so chose. The real problem lies within finding someone you find appropriate and of course, whether or not they can tolerate your questionable behavior." A small smirk appeared, more obvious due to the intricate makeup she wore which exaggerated her sharp features.

"Tom, would you mind coming with me? I have... an unsettling feeling about this."

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 Starfleet Intelligence: Strategic Science Summit  Featured missiion Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2017, 12:47:26 am »

Tritter had finished delivering the message, he waited for the rest of the crew to leave. They waited for a few moments, Tritter than looked from Ryan to the Captain. Tritter than asked the Captain, "Sir, is there anything you need from us before we get to work?" Tritter than shifted his focus to Ryan for a moment, a non-verbal reassurance of the other man, as he knew the Captain looked down on him. He than turned back to the Captain as he waited for the other man's reply.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2017, 07:57:39 am »
[XO's Office]

"Negative, commander. Keep me appraised. You have Operations." Adeyemi said before exiting. He had someone to see.

[Enroute to Chapel]

Adeyemi passed a handful of officers and civilians, all rushing in different directions. No one met his eye or raised their heads. The mood had gone from mischievous and giggly to a numb dread. He felt it himself, but shook it off. The Lord God would see him through this.

He was in one of the older parts of the Station, and the deck was rough, without carpet. His boots rang hollowly off of the metal, and yellow lights glowed dully from the ceiling.

Fwooh.

The captain turned, glared behind him. It felt as if someone had blown in his ear, but there was no one. A sick, icy feeling blossomed in his stomach. He hurried forward.

"Malcolm..." The voice was a sibilant hiss.

I don't hear anything. He thought, hurrying. Nothing.

"Malcolm." It ordered, seductive and repugnant all at once.

"Malcolm!"

"What do you want?!" He yelled, his accent thickening with stress. He sounded like a fresh off the boat immigrant instead of the polished officer he was.

"You know what I want...the adoration, the attention you give...it is to the wrong one. Give it to me." The voice from beyond whispered.

"Never," Adeyemi said firmly. He stopped walking, leaned against the bulkhead. "I will NEVER. Adeyemil to T'Vol."

"Weakling! You are weak. You are not strong. You look and act it but you are a weak minded fool. You will be mine...my chosen one."

It sounds like a man whispering from bone lips, like a skull talking to me, a skeleton whispering in my ear, Adeyemi said, walking along the bulkhead, gripping it for strength. Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name...like death itself...thy kingdom come, thy will be done...

"I want you, Malcolm.The worship you give to the other only makes me want you more..."

"On earth..." Adeyemi turned, chest heaving, sweat breaking out on his face, and turned his brown eyes to the heavens. The dull yellow light of the passageway was all that was there. "Oh...God..."

"Give yourself to me." It whispered, all poisonous sweetness and graveyard foulness.

"NO!" The captain broke out in a run, tears streaking down his face, prayers bubbling to his lips, reaching down to the strength and the belief he had had ever since Father Benetto had visited him in the reformatory when he was 16, after he'd hit another boy with a broken bottle in the face, cutting off his eyebrow, and Father Benetto had said that Jesus had forgiven him for that sin already and many others, that he was saved. Adeyemi reached and ran towards his faith in the Lord God, with the Devil at his back.

He couldn't run fast enough.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Engineer - U.S.S. Shran
  • Three year award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »
=/\= Knox to Commander Howell. Meet me in main Engineering. =/\=

=/\= Knox to Lt. McKinson. Get sober and meet me in Engineering. Bring your friend, too. =/\=

She thought it was better to have as many hands on deck as possible.
Operations
Howell was busy in Operations tutoring a new ensign on how to run a level 4 diagnostic on one of the starboard plasma manifolds, when a voice came across comms directed at him. Tapping his combadge he replied  =/\= Aye, I'm on my way. Howell out. =/\= He was happy that the ensign knew what he was doing and so with a nod turned and walked toward the turbolift. Entering the turbolift he turned 180 on his heels before standing in the ease position. Allowing the doors to close he commanded the turbolift "main engineering."

Main Engineering
A few moments later, he arrived in Main Engineering where Knox was waiting. He walked straight over and asked "What brings you to Engineering then and what can I do for you?"
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Offline Auzual Knox

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • And in a moment, Knox realized it had all changed.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2017, 08:01:15 pm »
[Main Engineering]

Knox was glad to be back in her uniform and made a mental note to think twice if ever wearing a costume again. As she entered Main Engineering, many officers and crewman were busying themselves.

Commander Howell runs a tight ship. Very good.

She noticed some kind of change in the color from the large antimatter reaction chambers, a slight tinge or purple to the vibrant blue. There were also several energy spikes and fluctuations that needed attention. It was clear that the pattern had emerged merely several hours ago, around the time Knox began to hear the voices.

I am not hearing voices. I am not hearing voices.

A few moments later, he arrived in Main Engineering where Knox was waiting. He walked straight over and asked "What brings you to Engineering then and what can I do for you?"

"Hello Commander Howell. Commander Tritter has informed us that supernatural forces are at work on the Station. And, whilst he and his husband are going to fight said, well, evil spirits, we are charged with insulating our systems and thus preventing any energy drainages."

Knox went on.

"Ha ha ha haaaaaa. Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa."

"However, Commander, it would appear that it has already begun. One presumes that the more energy we lose, the stronger they become . Have you, seen the clouds? Or heard the, the voices? "

She looked at Dan, wondering if he understood her and concerned, though hopeful, that he had also experienced what had been occurring. Moving closer to him and she whispered.

"Dan. It has already begun. And now we all need you to prevent if from getting any worse."

Speaking a little louder and nodding to the purple-ish swirls in the antimatter chamber.

"Any thoughts?"

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles