Columbus Stories 1.3 - Pleasing Forms

Started by Michael J. Tritter, October 01, 2017, 10:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Daniel Howell on October 04, 2017, 08:28:17 AM

Upper Promenade
Dan turned immediately to the Cadet, nodding slightly replying "Likewise Cadet, welcome to the base." His attention then turned back to Captain Adeyemi who continued on with what he needed to talk to Howell about. Before the Captain had even finished his sentence, as soon as a Vice Admiral was mentioned, he knew exactly what it would be about. Allowing him to finish, Dan then replied "Aye Captain, I've already got a report ready for them, have you any idea when I can expect to be contacted?" Howell hadn't had particularly good run ins with Admiralty in the past so he always wanted to know when he could roughly expect a visit, he hated being caught out.

[Promenade]

Adeyemi shrugged, as if to say, Who knows with admirals?

"I assume it will come through official channels. Be ready, commander. If you need leave to go and testify consider it granted." The captain said. He had no doubt that the Vice Admiral would be contacting him in due time, too. The scope of Fidelio's crimes were too large to handle himself as the commanding officer. Starfleet wanted to make an example of him.

"If you gentlemen will excuse me, someone has to be in Ops." Adeyemi said. He placed his cup of mulled wine onto a replicator and said, " =/\= Recycle. =/\= "

The captain nodded to them all and disappeared into a turbolift.

[Operations]

"Captain in Ops!" Called out the armed security officer by the 'lift.

"Report," Adeyemi said in a tone that indicated he should have already been informed.

"Ensign Carr's son Eugene has won first prize in the Station Science Fair. I believe his project had to do with carving a pineapple instead of a pumpkin for Halloween." Ross said from the Operations station.

"Whatever happened to carving pumpkins?" An unnamed, ginger female in blue asked Ops aloud. "What is this galaxy coming to?"

"I care more about my Station's status than fruits," The captain said.

"The USS Washoe reports that they have delivered their cargo of medical supplies." Ross went on. "Nothing else to report, captain."

" =/\= Dr. Narcisco, please meet the Washoe's crew in the cargo bay and accept the medical supplies. =/\= "

T'Prina

Quote from: Xander Dorset on October 03, 2017, 10:19:01 PM

[Science Department]

The Vulcan's cold reception hardly even registered in Alexander's mind. He had already begun walking amidst the equipment, taking stock of what he would have to work with. So far, nothing appeared to be too dreadfully archaic, although the spectrometer was in need of an update Then again it's just a spectrometer; you can get away with that being sub-par... This might not be too bad... Cranky Vulcan aside.

He addressed T'Prina over his shoulder as he continued inspecting everything. (Not touching anything, mind you, that would be rude. Lab manners need to be upheld). "I know who you are, Lieutenant. I checked to make sure I'd be working with someone competent before I even got on the shuttle over here." He spoke with the unworried air of someone not used to dealing with social pleasantries, which had the unfortunate side effect of making most of what came out of his mouth seem like an insult.

He moved towards the incubation racks as he continued speaking to the other scientist. "That won't be here when I'm working, don't worry." He flippantly waved towards his bag, where it still sat in the middle of the floor. "But as for right now, I'd hardly venture so far as to call its position 'hazardous.'" He shot a rakish grin over his shoulder before leaning close to examine the labels on the racks. "Vibrio vulnificus, Klebsiella, Clostridium, Streptococcus, Aeromonas hydrophila - you're studying necrotizing fasciitis? Flesh-eating disease?" Now it was Xander's turn to raise an eyebrow.

It was then that the small, pink tornado stormed into the room and latched onto the Vulcan... And didn't exactly make her smile, per say, but definitely softened her prickly cactus personality a little bit. "Your daughter, I presume? Might want to be careful. Those loose bandages could be... 'hazardous.'" Turning to the little girl, however, he remembered at least some semblance of politeness and commented, "Although you're a very pretty hazard. Very pink. And purple. Spooky and fashionable, I'm sure."

He offered the young girl a grin, then walked over to his bag. "Seeing as stick-in-the-mud-Starfleet won't let me be here unsupervised for a few days yet, why don't you, 'Mama 'Prina,' and I all go to Halloween together? I'll even toss a costume on for ya." He winked as he slung his bag over his shoulder. For someone wholly lacking in people skills, Xander always seemed to do better with children... Probably because most of his insults - both intentional and not - went right over their short heads. Plus they were usually cute when they weren't snotty, so that made them a little less annoying.

[Science Department]

T'Prina bit back a sigh. This ensign was going to be trouble, but at least he was able to identify different bacterial strains. It was a point in his favor for the time being. She rested a hand on the child's head, partly to keep her from bouncing all over the lab in excitement.

"I suppose an introduction is in order. Ensign Dorset, this is our Automated Neural and Logistics Yeoman Node, or ANaLYN for short. She is the AI who oversees the majority of Starbase Columbus. Do to extenuating circumstances, I share a bond of sorts with her."

Now that the scanner was set to autonomously perform, T'Prina signed out of her station and went to one of the aforementioned lockers, pulling out a slightly battered leather satchel. She rummaged through it for a bit before finding what she was looking for, a thin wristband device.

"One day I will reason out a theory as to why needed items are always at the bottom of a bag, no matter how organized.'

She flipped the device through her fingers thoughtfully, before sliding it on her wrist and shutting the satchel back away in the locker. A few keystrokes and her appearance changed dramatically.

The Vulcan tugged at the holographic costume, unnecessarily attempting to straighten it. The Egyptian cotton robe with form-fitting bodice and flowing skirt was not something she would have chosen for herself, but ANaLYN had insisted on it. It was only a necessary for a few hours at any rate, and humoring the AI who saw her as a surrogate maternal figure was better for everyone.

"If you intend to join us, Ensign, we can meet up at Puzzles in the Promenade."

T'Prina nodded stiffly at Xander before striding out of the lab without a backwards glance. ANaLYN hung back for a moment before giving a cheeky wave and skipped off after the Vulcan Cleopatra.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[NPC Post - ANaLYN]

[Puzzles]

The little girl loved Puzzles. Usually, Captain Gwumpypants told her she wasn't allowed here due to the funny smelling drinks everyone drank here. It made them act silly and do things they wouldn't ordinarily do. She shrugged. She didn't need drinks to do funny things.

Looking up at Mama Pwina, Analyn smiled big. The Vulcan female was so silly. She was always so serious and going on about logic and reason. She wasn't like the captain, who was hilarious. He was also serious but he could shout and pound his fist. Analyn didn't like when he did that, but enjoyed teasing him nonetheless. She did miss Gwumpypants but having Mama Pwina here was even better. She squeezed her friend's hand.

"TROMP TROMP IMMA MUMMY!" Analyn thundered, doing a shuffle, raising her and Pwina's hands. She couldn't do it right, so, slippery as an Aldovan eel, she slid away from the woman and raised her arms high and mummy walked.

Merrily, she mummy walked until she found her way into the supply closet. A man was holding a woman against the wall in there, and her Lil Bo Peep skirt was hiked up and she was clutching him around his neck and waist with her arms and legs. Analyn thought they were wrestling or something; Captain Gwumpypants loved wrestling and other sports where grown men bashed one another. Analyn wished he was here.

"Yeah! Get her! KILL HER!" The little girl cheered, just like the captain did during a wrestling match.

Instead of continuing the man and woman screamed and ran, trying to put on their clothing at the same time. Analyn giggled.

The man had dropped a funny looking book. She cooed, low and excited. She loved to read! The little girl scooped it up and cracked it open.

It had a weird upside down star on the cover, which was made of cracked leather. The pages were decorated with funny drawings of a hairy goat with breasts, dead people, skulls, candles, pitchforks and more stars. It was filled with strange words. The little girl began to read:

"In nominee de Nostras Satanas, Lucifere Excelsis! Introibe ad alatare SATANAS! Ad Satanas qui laetificat GLORIA MEAM!

[Operations]

"Sir, sensor overload!" Ross said, hands tapping his console. "We're being bombarded with strange readings."

Xander Dorset

Quote from: T'Prina on October 05, 2017, 01:06:48 PM

[Science Department]

T'Prina bit back a sigh. This ensign was going to be trouble, but at least he was able to identify different bacterial strains. It was a point in his favor for the time being. She rested a hand on the child's head, partly to keep her from bouncing all over the lab in excitement.

"I suppose an introduction is in order. Ensign Dorset, this is our Automated Neural and Logistics Yeoman Node, or ANaLYN for short. She is the AI who oversees the majority of Starbase Columbus. Do to extenuating circumstances, I share a bond of sorts with her."

Now that the scanner was set to autonomously perform, T'Prina signed out of her station and went to one of the aforementioned lockers, pulling out a slightly battered leather satchel. She rummaged through it for a bit before finding what she was looking for, a thin wristband device.

"One day I will reason out a theory as to why needed items are always at the bottom of a bag, no matter how organized.'

She flipped the device through her fingers thoughtfully, before sliding it on her wrist and shutting the satchel back away in the locker. A few keystrokes and her appearance changed dramatically.

The Vulcan tugged at the holographic costume, unnecessarily attempting to straighten it. The Egyptian cotton robe with form-fitting bodice and flowing skirt was not something she would have chosen for herself, but ANaLYN had insisted on it. It was only a necessary for a few hours at any rate, and humoring the AI who saw her as a surrogate maternal figure was better for everyone.

"If you intend to join us, Ensign, we can meet up at Puzzles in the Promenade."

T'Prina nodded stiffly at Xander before striding out of the lab without a backwards glance. ANaLYN hung back for a moment before giving a cheeky wave and skipped off after the Vulcan Cleopatra.

[Science Department]

Xander leaned against the wall and jauntily saluted the little girl, not bothering to say anything else to her Vulcan caretaker. She'd warm up to him eventually. Maybe. And if not, he didn't really care. He was here to research - and even then, only here because that's where he was ordered to be. Making friends wasn't a priority. He looked around the now empty lab, half-tempted to just stay and become acquainted with the layout. It's not like he felt that motivated to hang out with an icy T'Prina or whatever her name was all evening... But he had promised the small mummy that he would go. And if she was the AI controlling the ship, disappointing her probably wasn't the best idea.

He sighed, then moved over to a replicator in the corner of the lab, dropping his bag unceremoniously on the floor. After a few minutes of thought, he entered in a couple commands, then grabbed the costume that materialized and walked over to a nearby lab table. Without thinking to lock the door, he stripped down to nothing and began changing into his costume. Figuring out what to do with all the fabric took a little while, and he nearly forgot the pin meant to hold the flaps together, but he eventually stepped back to admire himself in one of the reflective metal cabinets along the left side of the room.

A quick muss of his hair left it roguishly untamed, and he smirked a little. Ladies always seemed to like a man in a kilt - at least that's what his dad said. But he was Scottish, so he was probably biased. Regardless, it was pretty comfortable. Leaving his clothes and bag piled in a locker, Xander didn't waste any more time in heading to puzzles after the strange AI.

[Puzzles]

It was harder finding a pink mummy than he had expected it to be. An unfortunate side effect of her short stature, the sea of costumed people in the room, the dim lighting, and Xander's general unfamiliarity with the place. Luckily, finding a prim Vulcan in Egyptian garb was a little less challenging. "Where's the lass?" he mused, leaning against the wall next to T'Prina as he attempted to mimic his father's brogue (rather unsuccessfully).

"Impossible is nothing

Johannes Kentrat

[Sick Bay]
Johannes needed a respite. Other Academy graduates had always warned about the sort of displacement one could feel being so low on the totem pole, but to see it put into practice was...a little unnerving. It was quiet down here. Spooky, full of shredded cotton cobwebs, but quiet. Kentrat was informed that the doctor had gone to acquire supplies. Which was fine, he just needed some sort of sleeping aid.

Then there was the flicker. The computer stuttered and...did the language setting switch? It wasn't just this main console, some other areas were suffering the glitches. Truly, no day in the Fleet would be an off day.

[Operations]

He would announce himself briefly, but it seemed most of the crew here were preoccupied with their systems.

"Quite the elaborate haunted house set-up, Captain," he chortled, trying to mask his underlying dread in humor. First Meridian, then Blue Ridge, and now this.

Was he some sort of Halloween curse?

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Johannes Kentrat on October 05, 2017, 04:36:54 PM

[Operations]

He would announce himself briefly, but it seemed most of the crew here were preoccupied with their systems.

"Quite the elaborate haunted house set-up, Captain," he chortled, trying to mask his underlying dread in humor. First Meridian, then Blue Ridge, and now this.

Was he some sort of Halloween curse?

[Operations]

"I beg your pardon, Cadet?"

The cringe was palpable. It was clear from expressions of some of the others that no one usually spoke to the captain that way.

"Cadet..." Said the ginger blueshirt.

"Never mind that. Ross, get yourself down to the Comm Array for repairs. So many readings have overloaded it. Kentrat," Adeyemi ordered crispy. "Take over ops. See if you can make sense of any of these readings."

Auzual Knox

[Puzzles]

Knox was so glad that Leanna enjoyed their duet for her, and she enjoyed the show as Jenna began to work the stage. She smiled as she escaped the lights and feeling dehydrated, walked over to the bar.

One performance is enough for one lifetime, I think.

"H2O, please."

She observed the civilian Captain sitting alone and wondered whether he would have appreciated company. He was paying too much attention to his glass and she thought better of it. There was a change in the atmosphere, families and children were leaving and replaced by mainly singles. Whilst sipping her water, she noticed a man enter Puzzles and nodded a 'hello' towards him.

Quote from: Xander Dorset on October 05, 2017, 04:26:08 PM

[Puzzles]
It was harder finding a pink mummy than he had expected it to be. An unfortunate side effect of her short stature, the sea of costumed people in the room, the dim lighting, and Xander's general unfamiliarity with the place. Luckily, finding a prim Vulcan in Egyptian garb was a little less challenging. "Where's the lass?" he mused, leaning against the wall next to T'Prina as he attempted to mimic his father's brogue (rather unsuccessfully).

I wonder if they are a true Scotsman...

Knox amused herself for a moment, then a cold sensation shocked her as an icy shudder ran through her entire body.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on October 05, 2017, 03:59:10 PM

[NPC Post - ANaLYN]
"In nominee de Nostras Satanas, Lucifere Excelsis! Introibe ad alatare SATANAS! Ad Satanas qui laetificat GLORIA MEAM!

"Like someone walking over your grave, isn't it?"

Knox looked around for the person who had stated the rather odd comment, though did not see anyone close by.

No. No Xa'zii bacteria here. I am not hearing my voices again.

=/\= Ops to Lieutenant Knox. There is no color for this kind of alert. You asked to be notified over any strange readings with the new Ops equipment. We have a lot of strange readings! =/\=

=/\= Knox to Ops. On my way. =/\=

As she left Puzzles, Knox noticed Lt. Commander Dan standing outside in his uniform and she hoped he was on duty.

"Commander. We are having issues in Ops. Strange readings is all I have to go on right now. It could be the live organic systems integrating. Would you join me?"

As Knox spoke, she began pulling out her feathers, putting her hair up and readjusting her skirts as best as she could.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Johannes Kentrat

[Operations]

Finally, an order. It grounded him, it was something he could use. Something rote that made sense to him and finally being addressed to action and noticed was equally as shaking. Being behind an Ops Station felt like home, very cozy. He pulled up the schematics and the various systems that rested within. Shipwide comms, the power grids...there it was.

"It's like...congestion, sir. The comm lines and the power grid. Every single deck, there's a pocket of it. Communication dead zones and uncharged pockets of plasma. But..."

He had to take a gulp.

"It seems to be moving, sir. LIke it's trying to meet in the middle of the base. Did we already send out Engineering teams to all decks, failure like this doesn't just fix itself."

Jenna McKinson

[Puzzles - Stage]

Leanna still felt a little out of place being on the stage but maybe it was just nerves as she hadn't sang for so long. However the nerves began to subside when Jenna suggested a song that both of them could sing and she smiled hoping she remembered the lyrics. But when she was handed a mic by Alex and he gave her a thumbs up she grinned before looking out at the crowd becoming lost in the music once it started to play and got ready to sing.

The colors of the stage changed drastically.  An explosion of pinks,blues, and greens flooded the stage. The screens looked like colorful spray paint and the lights above the two highlighted the stage. The two ladies sang together as the song began. Jenna started the song off.

"Once upon a time somebody ran
Somebody ran away saying as fast as I can
I've got to go!
I've got to go!

As Jenna sang the first verse, she let the music flow through her. Turning the song into a performance. This was Leanna and her song. She wanted to give it her all on the stage. She knew if she did, she would have Leanna feel more free on stage.

The music continued and they sang "oh" together in perfect unison. Jenna looked over to Leanna as their eyes met, Jenna's smile became one of the most genuine she ever had.  She wanted Leanna to feel at home and when she began to sign, Jenna knew the performace was about to get special

" Once upon a time we, we burned bright
Now all we ever do seem to do is fight
On and on, And on and on and on"

Jenna joined in to perfectly harmonize with Leanna at the net part. They moved closer and sang to one another before they turned to the crowd. As Leanna sang, Jenna got the crowd to begin swaying. She was singing along, but didn't have the mic up to her mouth to let Leanna sing.

"Once upon a time on the same side
Once upon a time on the same side, in the same game.
And why'd you have to go,have to go and throw water on the flame.

I would've been a princess,you'd be a king
Would've had a castle, and worn a ring.
But no you let me go

And stole my star
La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La
You stole my star
La, la,la, la"

As the song swelled once again. Leanna and Jenna egged on the crowd. They slowly danced around the stage to the music. Molly came out to join them for a bit to mingle around.  More of the band onstage came into view as they danced with the two songstresses on stage. Jenna got the crowd to sing along with them

"Oh- oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Cause you really hurt me
No you really hurt me
Cause you really hurt me, No you really hurt me, Cause you really hurt me,
Oh you really hurt me oh, Cause you really hurt me, Oh you really hurt me."

Once the song finished Leanna felt an exhilaration she hadn't experienced for quite some time and was glad that Jenna had got her to come up and maybe just maybe she would do this again sometime. Jenna laughed wildly as she let Leanna take a bow. "Our lovely host Leanna everyone,she said and everyone cheered.

When Leanna left, Jenna moved and put her mic on a mic stand."So this next one goes way back. I played it a while back with the boys up here. It sounded so good I wanted to play it again. This is a cover of a very old earth song, but the original singer is a long descendant of mine. So this goes out to her and to anyone who likes music," she said . The lights dimmed and her hair began to blow in the breeze created by a fan that turned on.Her arms were outstretched as the song The Fire began to play.

"Patiently I was waiting
Just waiting for this day to come
To say how much I hated
Those days, yeah each and every one

But I made it out alive
I'm here to say I breathe at least I try
I won't go without a fight
You can't stop me

I feel like I died
And went to heaven
And I think I could fly
I'll take you with me"

As there was a break in the song Jenna began to head bang. It was surprising that her hat didn't fall off. She spun around with the mic stand and began to pick up where she needed to to on the song. Her smile got wider as the song went along. She felt in her element and it was glorious.

"Blatantly, I resisted
The change I knew I had to make
But the fire still existed
I learn from each of my mistakes

But I made it out alive
I'm here to say I breathe at least I try
I won't go without a fight
You can't stop me"

Jenna continued to work the stage and she bent backwards lifting the mic stand above her.

"I feel like I died
And went to heaven
And I think I could fly
I'll take you with me

As the breakdown happened Jenna and Molly were back to back dancing off one another. She gave the nod and Jenna moved backwards. Molly bent down a bit and Jenna ran full force. She then pivoted herself so that her back touched Molly's as she flipped over her.

"I feel like I died
And went to heaven
And I think I could fly
I'll take you with me
(Ah...)
I'll take you with me
(Ah...)
I'll take you with me

As the song ended Jenna just smirked. She did not bow, but the lights dimmed as the familiar chords of an old favorite began to play. A large set of large drums were wheeled on stage in the darkness. Inside the drum circle was Jenna and Molly.

"I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

Jenna and Molly began to drum together and move in a circle as they played. They seemed in unison in that moment. This was a personal favorite song of theirs. They practiced it a lot in their downtime in the holosuites

"I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing,
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand.

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world"

Jenna and Molly continued to play in the drum circle. As there was a lull they swapped sides. They also swayed to the music. They were really milking their couple's costume and playing to the crowd. Jenna motioned for the crowd to start jumping to which they did.

" It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing

I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world"

When the song slowed down. Jenna moved out of the drum circle to get the crowd to sing along with her. He held the mic out to let the people sing and she pretended to not hear them and want them to sing louder. Once they did she smiled and moved back toward Molly.

"Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

As the song ended , Jenna grabbed Molly to go and take a bow. The rest of Divine Temptation joined along with the the ladies. Eliana could not stop smiling and clapping from the back. Though Jenna was not hers anymore, she still very much enjoyed the show. She could not wait to go congratulate her and Molly for a great performance.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

Leanna couldn't help but grin as the crowd cheered after her and Jenna had finished singing and as she left the stage still feeling the adrenaline and natural high from performing pulsing through her. Seamus was waiting for her as she made her way back to the dancefloor and before she could say anything was soon enveloped in one of his customary bear hugs.

" That was brilliant Lea, you did realise that at one point Jenna was letting you sing by yourself"He said grinning as he looked at her.

" No I didn't but you know what it's fine as I loved every minute of it" she replied turning slightly as Jenna then launched into another song with the band. " I'm glad I met Jenna, Molly and Knox, they've showed me that I can still do what I love " she added then made a suggestion " How about we go and grab some food?".

Seamus nodded and let her go and together they walked over to the buffet table where Leanna was happy to see it almost empty and no wonder it was as she noticed that it was mainly singles and couples occupying both the bar and dance floor. "I think I can safely say that this party has been a success " she said loading her plate before sitting down at one of the booths.

" I agree Lea, it has been"He said as Maggie came over carrying a tray.

" I thought you would appreciate a drink boss"she said placing a brightly coloured cocktail and a beer down on the table for her and Seamus.

" Thanks Maggie, I sure do and if you can let Marcus and the kitchen know to bring out some more food as I don't want to run out completely not when we're still open for another couple of hours" she said slipping her shoes off for a moment before taking a sip of her drink.

" Will do"Maggie replied then made her way back to the bar and informed the kitchen that more food was needed.

Leanna then sat back a little more comfortably in the booth as Jenna and Molly finished on the stage and clapped loudly in appreciation then returned her attention to the food on her plate, hoping that the pair would come over and join them once they left the stage.

T'Prina

[Puzzles]

T'Prina didn't care for large gatherings, or bars. The over-stimulus of smells and sounds was jarring to her Vulcan senses. She shifted the full to bursting bag of candies ANaLYN had insisted on collecting. A holographic AI didn't need licorice and jawbreakers. As she shifted away from the crowd to stand near to a wall, she scanned the people, looking for the diminutive mummy that had stomp-walked into it's midst. She was concerned but not overly so, a hologram could not be physically harmed. ANaLYN was immature though, and might cause mischief unattended.

Quote from: Xander Dorset on October 05, 2017, 04:26:08 PM

[Puzzles]

T'Prina was jolted a bit from her focus on the crowd. She turned to see Dorset in some sort of skirted costume. It wasn't her place to judge his questionable taste in attire outside of the laboratory. She raised an eyebrow as she chose to address him.

"Your guess is as good as mine, Ensign. She wandered off into the crowd attempting to... 'Mummy Walk.' It was a sort of shuffle stomp with arms held like so" She held up her arms in an attempt to mimic the small AI. It looked rather stiff and comical, which was unintended, but a realistic interpretation.

"You are welcome to look for her, she is most probably nearby and into some sort of mischief. Although given the setting, that most likely applies to 89.9% of the gathering here." The Vulcan dropped her arms, and scanned the crowd again. She didn't spot the pastel mummy, but rather a somewhat morose Captain Thomas Jett. With a sudden push away from the wall, the brightly wrapped sweets in the satchel she held crinkled with the jolt.

"If you would excuse me, Ensign, I have other matters to attend to."

After a stiff nod to Dorset, she made a beeline to Jett's table. Well, it would have been, if not for the pushing and jostling of the overly merry crowd. She distinctly felt a hand where it should not have been, but they were away again too quickly to see who it was. Finally she made it to Jett, and sat next to him at the table.

"Hello, Tom. I had not anticipated seeing you at these festivities. Would it be agreeable if I joined you?" She asked this rather belatedly, having already claimed a seat at the table. He had seemed upset though, and she didn't like seeing him that way. For some illogical reason, his feelings mattered to her, even when her own did not.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Promenade]

Tritter had been rounding up a few... rowdy drunks, several of whom had tried to fight him, which was comical because they ended up getting put down hard, he than cuffed them and would escort them back to Main Security. He had remembered how Captain Stafford had lectured him for being "rough", but sometimes, such was necessary. Once he had made his way back to the Promenade, he had noticed that an adult slumber party had started over at Puzzles. He never understood such a thing, it was too strange and weird for him.

He had turned his focus elsewhere, as it was peaceful and he was looking for issues involving breaking the peace or law. Tritter than started noticing some strange appearances, it was as if there was a "cloud" that would appear than disappear a few moments later, something was definitely a miss. He would than tap his comm badge and contacted the Science Officer on duty, he would than state the following  =/\= Commander Tritter to Science, theres a cloud type formation appearing and disappearing on the Promenande, can you investigate that?  =/\=

It would take a moment before he would reply back, which was  =/\= Acknowledged Commander, we are experiencing strange sensor readings, but we are unsure the cause at this time  =/\= Tritter didn't push things further at this time, but he decided to make his way over to investigate, but he also knew that he needed to be smart about it, something instinctively was telling him to be careful, as he approached, he noticed one of the "clouds" appear, it got extremely cold and once it vanished, the temperature returned to normal.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Auzual Knox

[Promenade]

As Knox awaited for Commander Dan to respond, and despite the crowds and frivolity of the Promenade, Knox noticed several 'clouds' appear around Commander Tritter and disappear all at once more.

Environmental controls are clearly malfunctioning again.

She then felt like a thousand tiny icicles had embedded into her skin.

"He has killed. Kill. Kill. Kill."

"Dan. Did you hear that? We should go to Ops immediately."

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Johannes Kentrat on October 05, 2017, 05:27:34 PM

[Operations]

Finally, an order. It grounded him, it was something he could use. Something rote that made sense to him and finally being addressed to action and noticed was equally as shaking. Being behind an Ops Station felt like home, very cozy. He pulled up the schematics and the various systems that rested within. Shipwide comms, the power grids...there it was.

"It's like...congestion, sir. The comm lines and the power grid. Every single deck, there's a pocket of it. Communication dead zones and uncharged pockets of plasma. But..."

He had to take a gulp.

"It seems to be moving, sir. LIke it's trying to meet in the middle of the base. Did we already send out Engineering teams to all decks, failure like this doesn't just fix itself."

[Operations]

"Keep on it. I need answers." Was all Adeyemi said. He had heard the communications training nowadays in the Academy was pretty hot stuff. Then again, at 50, a great deal was likely to be better than when he was a cadet.

" =/\= Ops to Engineering. Send out repair teams, we are having communications dead zones and plasma build up. =/\= " It was almost like the SBC was a giant heart, and a few ventricles and arteries had stopped working. Adeyemi didn't want to think about what that meant.

"Ohhh captain...." A disembodied, childish voice said.

"Analyn, this is not the time," Adeyemi said automatically.

"Sir...she can help." The ginger female blueshirt said cautiously.

"What is it, Analyn?" The captain asked, sighing.

"There's a doings a-transpirin' in the bottom of the base. Just thought you should know!" Analyn sang out happily, and then was silent.

"Raise her again," Adeyemi ordered. A handful of seconds crawled past.

"She's either not answering or we've hit a dead zone in the comms."

"Anything, cadet?" The captain asked the operations station.

Tanner Lachlyn

[Puzzles]

"I feel like we need a hat,"

The words caught Tanner off guard and she blinked at her partner, "A hat?" She eyed him over, "Do you know why security doesn't wear...or anyone in Starfleet doesn't wear a hat?"

"Because...we'd lose it if we ran?" He offered slowly.

"No," She laughed, 'Because they look stupid!" She held up a finger, "Except beret's ....I can see a Klingon in a beret."

Tucked off in a corner, the two carried out their duty shift while attempting to not put a damper on the fun costume party. Their uniforms weren't exactly festive. More than once they'd eyed the drinks coming by and Tanner was sure they were both heading straight to the bar once their shift was done.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.